REPORTS

==================

Nicóla Ronaa:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3894887&postcount=9

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3894888&postcount=10

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3894935&postcount=12

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3894939&postcount=14

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3895699&postcount=25

loyalmikafan: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3895173&postcount=23

==================

PHOTOS

==================

Nicóla Ronaa: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201038767636413.1073741826.1384374809&type=3

==================

VIDEOS

==================

Nicóla Ronaa:

==================

PRESS

==================

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3894884&postcount=8

Edited by mari62
adding links - post 31

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/blogs/201190141.html

Mika @ the Varsity

IMG_4395.jpg

After the Dakota, I headed to the sold-out Varsity, where Mika, the British pop star, was already a half-dozen songs into his set. This was the intimate Mika, just himself on grand piano and two other musicians, who variously played drums, keys or bass.

Sporting a suit and bow tie with a mop of Josh Groban-run-amok hair, Mika came across like a one-man Queen. He attacks the piano like Elton John but sings with Freddie Mercury’s voice. And plenty of falsetto. And dramatics. The crowd of mostly giddy girls and gay young men loved, loved, loved him.

The 6 foot 3 Mika, 29, was chatty, catty and funny. And totally charming.

His piano pop songs are old-fashioned music-hall ditties on steroids. Although his three albums have led to dance-club hits, the stripped-down treatments felt like peppy, bouncy pop pieces at the Varsity.

Highlights of the 110-minute set included “Love You When I’m Drunk” (which sounded like a terrific Elton John throwaway), the giant sing-along “Origin of Love,” the clap-along “Emily” (which evolved into the French version “Elle Me Dit”), the melodramatic “Happy Ending,” “Love Today” with its burst of drums, and the slow, falsetto-fueled “Over My Shoulder” (which he wrote at age 16).

Mika @ the Varsity

IMG_4395.jpg

After the Dakota, I headed to the sold-out Varsity, where Mika, the British pop star, was already a half-dozen songs into his set. This was the intimate Mika, just himself on grand piano and two other musicians, who variously played drums, keys or bass.

Sporting a suit and bow tie with a mop of Josh Groban-run-amok hair, Mika came across like a one-man Queen. He attacks the piano like Elton John but sings with Freddie Mercury’s voice. And plenty of falsetto. And dramatics. The crowd of mostly giddy girls and gay young men loved, loved, loved him.

His piano pop songs are old-fashioned music-hall ditties on steroids. Although his three albums have led to dance-club hits, the stripped-down treatments felt like peppy, bouncy pop pieces at the Varsity.

Highlights of the 110-minute set included “Love You When I’m Drunk” (which sounded like a terrific Elton John throwaway), the giant sing-along “Origin of Love,” the clap-along “Emily” (which evolved into the French version “Elle Me Dit”), the melodramatic “Happy Ending,” “Love Today” with its burst of drums, and the slow, falsetto-fueled “Over My Shoulder” (which he wrote at age 16).

I'm about to explode with pride by all these daily, fantastic reviews and reports - thanks a lot!! :thumb_yello: Sooo happy that more people finally found our golden MIKA :wub2:

Love, love

me

:blink: Oh this song was never perfomed??...

Haa can't wait to see the resumes!!!!:aah:

At least I haven't heard about it :dunno:

Now I'm waiting for the reports or vids,people,I've heard that Mika stopped the concert for a proposal :fangurl:

64226_10151418976008040_708500826_n.jpg

At least I haven't heard about it :dunno:

Now I'm waiting for the reports or vids,people,I've heard that Mika stopped the concert for a proposal :fangurl:

64226_10151418976008040_708500826_n.jpg

Ok!!:thumb_yello: Haa OMG can't wait, can't wait!!!:aah::insane:

Oooww... I'm dead...:stretcher: His look... his smile on this picture!!!...:stretcher:

Mika @ the Varsity

IMG_4395.jpg

I just wish they'd quit comparing him to other people! Mika is unique!

This show was amazing!!! Met him after the show signed my Origin of Love cd. Was super nice. Met some amazing people while waiting outside in the cold so that we could be right in the front lol. Such a wonderful experience, one I will never forget :)

I Only Love You When I'm Drunk by Mika (with funny intro)

[YOUTUBE]JArkigQXYgw[/YOUTUBE]

It's so funny !! but, but I need a transcript... Coz I'm not a native English speaker, can't catch some words... :blush-anim-cl:

:pray: Hope anybody please do a transcript.

First in line! Front and center! GREAT DJ set to start! GREAT show! Mika signed after! Talked to Curtis and Max as well! I will post everything after we get back home!

So much to remember...

Got first in line with my daughter Paige at 11AM. It was 32 degrees [that's literally the freezing point] and a slight wind. We had blankets and winter attire, so we tolerated it. GREAT coffee shop across the street. Publika, coffee, tea and pastries, PLUS they let us use the bathroom!

Met Grace when she got in line with us just after 12. Sweetest girl...but she didn't dress for the wait, so we shared a blanket. Met Kevin when he showed just after 1:30.

We watched them load the equipment in through the front door that was unlocked the whole time and I never once thought about rushing inside. Max showed up and I said 'hi', then Curtis showed up and I told him the front door was open and he thanked me and went in.

Then Dierdre and her sister Ariel, Will and his sister Paige queued...we all talked and kept as warm as possible.

An hour before the doors were to open, I took the chairs and blankets back to the car. As I was coming back across the street, I had one vehicle to avoid, a taxi, but I couldn't tell if it was going to stop or turn, so I started across the street anyway. As I came up to the side of the cab, I noticed the person in the back was sitting forward, so I bend down to look in. He turned and looked at me AND IT WAS MIKA! I waved at him politely and he smiled at me as the cab turned down the alley.

Doors opened, we went in, got our perfect spot, and waited for Max and Curtis' DJ set. SO MUCH FUN! Eclectic song choices, fun fades and transitions, but the best part was watching them 'wing it' and laugh when it worked or didn't! They were doing what they wanted and looked like they had a blast doing it.

Mika was, of course, great. Told stories, 'dressed up' for 'us' [or so he told us], and veered off the set list a bit. At one point he actually talked to me. He was asking who there was from MPLS and who was from STP. after the screaming stopped I yelled OMAHA! He looked at right at me and asked 'Omaha?' I'm sure he had no idea where that is. Then everyone else stared yelling their cities.

The bit with the brand new, never before played Steinway piano was hilarious. The video posted captured it perfectly.

The proposal from the audience was so sweet. Grace was standing to my right and this guy comes up behind her and holds up his phone for Mika to read. It said, "please help me propose." Mika held up a finger to show that he understood, but to wait. Right before he played OOL, he came up front, knelt down in front of the gentleman, and asked him some questions. What's her name, spell it, etc. He then stood up and asked if there was an Audra there. 2 women yelled. Mika then said, "well, we better make sure we get the right one." So he gave the mic back to the guy and he asked her to marry him. She cam through the crowd and hugged him. I guess that means yes? She then gave Mika a thumbs up and he went into OOL.

After the show ended, one of the techs was clearing and my daughter asked [politely] for either Max's or Curtis' set list. So the guy grabbed the list, came over to her, and grabbed her hand while placing the list into it so no one could take it away. I thought that was cool.

We then waited outside for about 45 minutes, watching the decoys leave from the alley. I know it was cold, but I was amazed that only about 25 stayed to see Mika come out. He came out the front door and signed, talked to us, but no pictures with us.

We were about 10 people down the line, so he signed my daughter's setlist and ticket, then signed my ticket. My daughter told him that we enjoyed this show and the show in Chicago last Oct. He said that was his favourite show also. I told him that he gave a great show and thanked him.

We took a step back and I looked down the sidewalk and noticed Max and Curtis walking out the theater, so I 'ran' over and got their attention. They both stopped and I told them that I wanted to let them know as well that I appreciated what they did. I said that I was disappointed that they left so quickly in Chicago and if I saw them here I was going to say something to them. We talked about the DJ set and how much fun they looked like they were having. I was so happy one of the songs they played was Queen. Max said something to the effect 'Sometimes you just gotta throw that $#!t DOWN!" They talked to us for about 5 minutes and then I realized that they were not wearing very warm coats, so I told them that I didn't want to keep them out in the cold any longer, thanked them again and said goodbye. We turned back to where Mika was signing and he was waving goodbye as well.

We went back over to the fans we met in line and said goodbye to them as well, then left.

I hope I didn't ramble too much? It was a perfect day, perfect show, and perfect people to be in line with us.

I've started loading my photos to Facebook. I had to edit from 250 pictures...

Please check back as I will be loading more throughout the morning.

and video

Edited by Nicóla Ronaa