Mika rarely premiers new songs live

dcdeb

Aha. That must be it then. :) I wouldn't have called a couple years ago

"recent" but there you go. :naughty:

'Soon' is two years later and 'recent' is two years ago, everything makes perfect sense :mikacool:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was :thumb_yello: And Compiegne after that. He is probably talking about EMD but I can remember Heroes too. And he asked so many people on stage... It was sweet, of course, but actually really difficult to enjoy a new song that way, to many things distracting (so I can't remember it well). I wish I could hear it live again, it's one of my favorites from TOOL :wub2:

I imagine Heroes to be very hard to sing live, in a concert with other songs. It's so emotional and heart breaking that it wouldn't fit between songs like Love Today and Lollipop.

I think it would be best, sung on television, if he's invited onto a show to sing a song.

The other thing about Heroes, is that the chorus is awkward to sing as it is on the cd. It kind-of starts suddenly, in the background, while he sings, "why no one else can see." That sounds great on the record, but might be hard to re-create live.

As for EMD, well that's what you get for writing a song not many other people can understand.

When EMD was unveiled, I know MFCers were desperately trying to learn to sing it in French, but not all his fans are on here, and those that aren't, would have struggled with it.

The thing with a Mika concert is that fans want to sing themselves hoarse, so a lot do prefer songs they know well. I think that's why he sticks to the older stuff. But for me, there's nothing better, than being there on the day he premieres a new song. There's nothing like it.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

@ Bestfest 2011, Romania

Mika - Elle me dit Chante en Français on Bestfest Romania

[YOUTUBE]lbvAL3X8a-M[/YOUTUBE]

Yes,he was talking about EMD,and he said that happened two years ago,and that he got the same numb response from the crowd for three times during that tour.In Romania he performed it for the first time,and it was the next day after he shared the song on the internet,so we were 2-3 people who knew about it.Moreover,we got a little distracted by his performance(as you can see in the vid :naughty:) ,so it was entirely his fault :shun:

Edited by krysady

I don't think he said recent. He think said something like 'the first time I performed EMD'. :dunno:

No he didn't, he specifically said in 2011... That's the writer's interpretation of what he said that turned it into recent...

That's the first song i thought of :naughty:

no, the reaction was fine... since nobody knew the words, we were all listening attentively but the applause and reaction was good

I seem to remember the first time he sang EMD at a gig, he messed up the words.

I always thought he was looking at his band to save his life :naughty:

Maybe he messed up the words because he was distracted by the crowd reaction?

That's the first song i thought of :naughty:

no, the reaction was fine... since nobody knew the words, we were all listening attentively but the applause and reaction was good

I seem to remember the first time he sang EMD at a gig, he messed up the words.

I always thought he was looking at his band to save his life :naughty:

exactly! I say when the crowds are too cool, I can see he's looking at bands or the ground a lot :naughty:

I was there the first time he sang that, and from what I remember he got a good reception for it.

yes, you are right he got a lot of applause for it even he was so so nervous singing it.