Mikasounds, Twitter and Facebook updates - Part 12

silver

Sometimes I think maybe it's better that Mika himself would manage the facebook page... It works well on twitter :naughty:

Only when it comes to official things- mika team could do it, and nothing more...

I also remember they wrote mika has a birthday on August 17'th and cancelled the post after 5 mins... :sneaky2: And just recently they wrote it's christmas on the 24'th instead of 25..

I'm not sure what's going on there really :aah:

In my country it´s Christmas on 24th. I really think his Team is doing good work on FB. And you really think his twitter goes well? Do you read his timeline? It´s so annoying to see all the spamming there and I´m not wondering he needs some break from Twitter more often.

Edited by Sabine64

In my country it´s Christmas on 24th. I really think his Team is doing good work on FB. And you really think his twitter goes well? Do you read his timeline? It´s so annoying to see all the spamming there and I´m not wondering he needs some break from Twitter more often.

IDK, I'm not fond of the fb Mika team and the people behind mika competition@gmail.com, and we all know why :naughty:

Some celebrities run their own facebook page, and I wish Mika would do the same but I rather have him doing his music instead of wasting time on facebook.

But I agree with lollipop, there's a sense of unprofessional work behind those people...

We celebrate Christmas on 24th as well. I think they were just a few hours early when posting Christmas messages. And he definitely shouldn't use his personal time for FB, imo. The most important thing is that his FB is updated and that the FB audience knows what is happening in the Mika world. The only thing bothering me is tags like "hot". More neutral style just looks more professional. On the other hand, most people on FB actually think he is hot. You know, as the first word to describe him. I could say at least 20 other adjectives before using the word hot.

We celebrate Christmas on 24th as well. I think they were just a few hours early when posting Christmas messages. And he definitely shouldn't use his personal time for FB, imo. The most important thing is that his FB is updated and that the FB audience knows what is happening in the Mika world. The only thing bothering me is tags like "hot". More neutral style just looks more professional. On the other hand, most people on FB actually think he is hot. You know, as the first word to describe him. I could say at least 20 other adjectives before using the word hot.

Oh yeah that was the thing... they posted it in the 23'th and wrote it's the 24.... never mind.. but his birthday?? they just scedual the post in the wrong date.. i see a connection between the 2 events, so maybe it's just a facebook problem.. so i'm taking back my words:naughty:

Edited by lollipop161

I want your list :mf_rosetinted: to compare with mine :naughty:

About Facebook I also think he shouldn't manage it himself as he has many better things to do :wink2:, but I wish it was more neutral and less fangirling. We are doing that very well ourselves :teehee:

And for Twitter, Mika does well imo, that's the answers and mentions that I find... less relevant :wink2:

And he definitely shouldn't use his personal time for FB, imo.

Using social media is not an infringement of Mika's personal time, it's part of the job. A much more essential part of being a successful pop star than designing watches, that's for sure. I don't know if he necessarily needs to be on Facebook but one thing I know for sure is that fans will only "live" where Mika is present. They can get their news anywhere and often in a more timely fashion than what is offered on his FB page. People just want to connect with Mika. It's been evident since the days of his blog. A 140 character tweet from Mika means more to people than a year's worth of Facebook updates written by someone else.

Using social media is not an infringement of Mika's personal time, it's part of the job. A much more essential part of being a successful pop star than designing watches, that's for sure. I don't know if he necessarily needs to be on Facebook but one thing I know for sure is that fans will only "live" where Mika is present. They can get their news anywhere and often in a more timely fashion than what is offered on his FB page. People just want to connect with Mika. It's been evident since the days of his blog. A 140 character tweet from Mika means more to people than a year's worth of Facebook updates written by someone else.

True :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I'm completely agree with Nina about the Hot tag. I like fangurling, but it has to be only in special closed-groups places. I don't support the team behaviour. The official page is supposed to be official, without extremes. It has to outstand and not be like all the other FB fanspace.

I'm completely agree with Nina about the Hot tag. I like fangurling, but it has to be only in special closed-groups places. I don't support the team behaviour. The official page is supposed to be official, without extremes. It has to outstand and not be like all the other FB fanspace.

Yes, that's part of the problem for me: The difference between the official page and the fans pages is not obvious.

But maybe it's because there is no new album or gigs yet, in that case I hope things will be better in a few months :thumb_yello:

I meant his personal time vs. his team's time. Not talking about his private free time. I think Mika's personal messages are more useful on Twitter, just as you said, a personally written tweet from him means more than all those FB updates written by someone else. I just think his time is more useful on Twitter. FB is different kind of media and more useful for spreading neutral information and sharing a lot of photos and videos to entertain people. But this is just how I see the difference. I really love when I have a feeling he is saying something personally.

A 140 character tweet from Mika means more to people than a year's worth of Facebook updates written by someone else.

I really love when I have a feeling he is saying something personally.

A tweet of his can make my day. Probably many people think I'm silly, or I don't have serious concerns in my life because of that, but it makes me feel he's still interested in sharing things with us, that he's down to earth and caring about his fans. It makes him real, he's not just an imaginary character. I couldn't connect this way with a fake. And, as Christine said, "people just want to connect with Mika". I want to. Of course I know he doesn't even know I exist and even if, he wouldn't care, but still. I like to read his songs lyrics and match it with him as a person, and when I find out some little fact that I can relate to some lyrics, it all makes more sense to me. I managed to see his mom in flesh, and since then I feel different when I listen to some of his songs. Every time I know something more about him, my perspective on his music changes. If I just liked some of his songs but nothing more, I wouldn't bother to follow him on twitter, tv, or whatever. I like other musicians but I don't care abouth them, I just listen to their songs. With Mika, it's different and I wish for a total different thing. This is why I care so much about him tweeting and this is why I tweet to him (hoping not to be classified as spam, I feel bad when I read his timeline amd I sometimes am worried to bother him :tears: ).

It's all about him being real and me keeping feeling it. Then someone could say he could be lying or faking or pretending or whatever, since he has to be nice and caring and so on, because it's in his best interest not to be unpleasant. But if I thought that of him, it would all fall apart, there would be no point for me being here writing and supporting and waisting energies and emotions with him and his fandom.

I think I lost a bit the topic ... :doh: Anyway, what I meant is that I love too when he personally writes something, while I don't look very often at facebook, since I'm more interested in what he really does and not on what his team do in order to give stuff to see to facebook followers. But I think they could try a little harder not to fangirl... There's so much good stuff about him, no point to act like that. I agree we don't need someone to highlight he's hot, we know :naughty:

Edited by Elwendin

A tweet of his can make my day. Probably many people think I'm silly, or I don't have serious concerns in my life because of that, but it makes me feel he's still interested in sharing things with us, that he's down to earth and caring about his fans. It makes him real, he's not just an imaginary character. I couldn't connect this way with a fake. And, as Christine said, "people just want to connect with Mika". I want to. Of course I know he doesn't even know I exist and even if, he wouldn't care, but still. I like to read his songs lyrics and match it with him as a person, and when I find out some little fact that I can relate to some lyrics, it all makes more sense to me. I managed to see his mom in flesh, and since then I feel different when I listen to some of his songs. Every time I know something more about him, my perspective on his music changes. If I just liked some of his songs but nothing more, I wouldn't bother to follow him on twitter, tv, or whatever. I like other musicians but I don't care abouth them, I just listen to their songs. With Mika, it's different and I wish for a total different thing. This is why I care so much about him tweeting and this is why I tweet to him (hoping not to be classified as spam, I feel bad when I read his timeline amd I sometimes am worried to bother him :tears: ).

It's all about him being real and me keeping feeling it. Then someone could say he could be lying or faking or pretending or whatever, since he has to be nice and caring and so on, because it's in his best interest not to be unpleasant. But if I thought that of him, it would all fall apart, there would be no point for me being here writing and supporting and waisting energies and emotions with him and his fandom.

I think I lost a bit the topic ... :doh: Anyway, what I meant is that I love too when he personally writes something, while I don't look very often at facebook, since I'm more interested in what he really does and not on what his team do in order to give stuff to see to facebook followers. But I think they could try a little harder not to fangirl... There's so much good stuff about him, no point to act like that. I agree we don't need someone to highlight he's hot, we know :naughty:

For me Mika's tweets are like a cup of tea or coffee: you don't really need it to live (ok, maybe I need coffee to survive, but...), but when you drink, it it's such a nice feeling and after that it seems your day is brighter :wub2:

I like that they are sometimes funny, or even crazy, other times interesting (love discovering new things thanks to him) or sweet :wub2:

And many times his tweets were like a kick in the ass for me (can we say that? :aah:): sometimes I feel a bit depressed or lost, and he tweets something and I think "this guy is amazing and so strong, I want to do interesting things like him" and then I feel ready to eat the world :wink2:

Wow. I couldn't have said it better myself! I've never tweeted him. Way too shy. I don't even follow him on FB, and from what I've heard from all of you, it's not worth it. I love his tweets. They are a little lift to the day, like finding five dollars in your pocket that you forgot about, or a bowl of ice cream at the end of a long day. I find his creative spelling adorable. :wink2: I got in this discussion with my friends a while back. None of them are on Twitter, and I saidi loved it because it makes me feel connected to people I like, and whose careers I follow. They were of the opinion that all famous people just have people to do tweets for them. I was considering trying to explain the Mika/Fan/MFC relationship, but I didn't bother. They wouldn't get it ,but WE know. :blush-anim-cl: BTW, I think we are due for a tweet. I know, I know, he's on holiday and all that,but I think people are missing him! :wink2:

Wow. I couldn't have said it better myself! I've never tweeted him. Way too shy. I don't even follow him on FB, and from what I've heard from all of you, it's not worth it. I love his tweets. They are a little lift to the day, like finding five dollars in your pocket that you forgot about, or a bowl of ice cream at the end of a long day. I find his creative spelling adorable. :wink2: I got in this discussion with my friends a while back. None of them are on Twitter, and I saidi loved it because it makes me feel connected to people I like, and whose careers I follow. They were of the opinion that all famous people just have people to do tweets for them. I was considering trying to explain the Mika/Fan/MFC relationship, but I didn't bother. They wouldn't get it ,but WE know. :blush-anim-cl: BTW, I think we are due for a tweet. I know, I know, he's on holiday and all that,but I think people are missing him! :wink2:

I think, while he's on holiday, it's nice if fans don't ask him to tweet. If he does, it's a bonus, but the guy deserves a break. We know where he is and that he'll be back. He tweets a lot more than he used to, so I'm sure it won't be long until he tweets.

I think, while he's on holiday, it's nice if fans don't ask him to tweet. If he does, it's a bonus, but the guy deserves a break. We know where he is and that he'll be back. He tweets a lot more than he used to, so I'm sure it won't be long until he tweets.

Yes, I hope fans will get it right while Mika is on holidays.

For me, any news or a tweet from him in 2014 really will be a nice thing)) ( I hope for a news, not just a tweet:teehee:)

And I hope to spend my 2014 with MFC again, I`ll be happy to come back here after my holidays too)

Thank you everybody, thank you Mika and ... Happy New Year !!!! :newyear:

I think it´s worth following his FB because of the competitions, I like his foto albums and of course I like his statements he does now and then. Mika´s FB is so much better than his homepage Mikasounds.com .

I think, while he's on holiday, it's nice if fans don't ask him to tweet. If he does, it's a bonus

I agree. This is why I appreciated so much his christmas tweets. I don't expect him to tweet today, at all, I will be very surprised if he would. Christmas is more quiet, it's about dinner and family and candles and owls :wink2: but new year eve can get messy :naughty:

I think it´s worth following his FB because of the competitions, I like his foto albums and of course I like his statements he does now and then.
I suppose I have to take a chance on it then!

There's no way to have an alert when they publish something? I can have it with my friends but not with pages like that one.

I suppose I have to take a chance on it then!

There's no way to have an alert when they publish something? I can have it with my friends but not with pages like that one.

Go to Mika's page

https://www.facebook.com/mikasounds

Hover your mouse over the "Liked" button and it will give you the option to check "Get Notifications". Then you'll get notifications in FB the way you do when someone likes your comment, mentions you in a post, etc.

I often think it would be fun to be famous. People adoring you, money, dinner at Christian L's flat. But then I look at the other side-who are you dating, come here, go there, criticisms no privacy. Then I think life is pretty good in the anonymous suburbs. I hope Mika has a long, peaceful holiday. He will tweet when he's ready,and we will be thrilled to get it.

I will have to give the other sources, like FB a chance.

Elwendin: Dinner and family and candles and owls. :floor::floor:

Yes, I hope fans will get it right while Mika is on holidays.

For me, any news or a tweet from him in 2014 really will be a nice thing)) ( I hope for a news, not just a tweet:teehee:)

And I hope to spend my 2014 with MFC again, I`ll be happy to come back here after my holidays too)

Thank you everybody, thank you Mika and ... Happy New Year !!!! :newyear:

Yes, lots of people(including myself) tweeted him a Happy New Year, and I don't expect him to say anything back, it would just be nice. A tweet fro Mika, even if it is only 140 characters, will make my New Years Eve and New Years Day so much happier.

I have had an amazing time here on MFC in the time that I've been here, and I can wait for another year of it! 2014, here I come...:thumb_yello:

I often think it would be fun to be famous. People adoring you, money, dinner at Christian L's flat. But then I look at the other side-who are you dating, come here, go there, criticisms no privacy. Then I think life is pretty good in the anonymous suburbs.

I think he's got a fairly anonymous life in the suburbs when he wants it too. He's got a pretty good balance all things considered, I'd say. People can gossip about who he is dating or beg him to tweet when he is off on holiday all they want and it doesn't affect his privacy in any real terms.

Facebook post.

MIKA 33 minutes ago

So happy New Year's Eve to everyone! What are your plans tonight? Has it been a good 2013 for you all? Let us know your best moments of the year and your plans for the last night!