Mika's driving instructor The Daily Mail 17th October 2013

macboll

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does he get all these clients when he has no idea what they are? Honestly if I met someone in Britain who was so clued out that they didn't know who Adele was I even after she explained it, I don't think I'd trust their driving. :naughty:

He said : "Mika was hilarious, and he eats like a horse for someone so small. He always had a sandwich". :thumb_yello:

Someone so small???

Mika??

Maybe he meant Jamie Cullum :naughty:

Maybe since he didn't know who Adele was either :naughty:

Thanks for sharing Muriel :huglove:

How does he get all these clients when he has no idea what they are? Honestly if I met someone in Britain who was so clued out that they didn't know who Adele was I even after she explained it, I don't think I'd trust their driving. :naughty:

:naughty: i thought everyone knew Adele... i guess he doesn't listen to music when driving with student :aah:

Here's what I found in the Daily Mail online tonight.

They briefly talk about Mika, more about Adele or One Direction but I thought it might cheered up our British friends on the MFC ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2464691/Adele-thanks-driving-instructor-stars-didnt-know-SANG-wheel.html

YES! HE'S HEARD OF MIKA! :hi5:

*KACHING*

"Mika was hilarious, and he eats like a horse for someone so small. He always had a sandwich". Yep. That's Mika ♥ ♥ ♥

YES! HE'S HEARD OF MIKA! :hi5:

No he didn't know who Mika was either. It says the driving instructor didn't realize Mika was in showbusiness until they got to talking. This whole story is about how this guy has famous clients but has no idea they are famous until they tell him. :freak:

Well, that's the Daily Mail or Daily Fail as one of my dear oldlings calls it or the Daily Merde as I call it :naughty: Just a tabloid but read by lots of people :wink2:. And they mentioned Mika (he's hardly in the papers in the UK) and it was just an anecdote (fictional or true, that's the question :fisch:) but at last, he was mentioned and in a not negative way (with thi:fisch:s paper, you're either praised or doomed.

If I saw one of these celebrities at work, wearing normal clothes, without bogyguards and paparazzi, I would probably fail to recognise them :teehee:

If I saw one of these celebrities at work, wearing normal clothes, without bogyguards and paparazzi, I would probably fail to recognise them :teehee:

I can understand not recognizing Adele. She looks really young and unglamorous when she has no makeup on and her hair pulled back. But he says that she was singing her songs and he still couldn't recognize them. I mean come on, I can't even go into a coffee shop for 5 minutes without hearing Adele. Even if he doesn't listen to the radio or pay any attention at all to pop culture I don't know how it's possible for a 45 year old man living in the London area to have never heard one of her songs. :doh:

I can understand not recognizing Adele. She looks really young and unglamorous when she has no makeup on and her hair pulled back. But he says that she was singing her songs and he still couldn't recognize them. I mean come on, I can't even go into a coffee shop for 5 minutes without hearing Adele. Even if he doesn't listen to the radio or pay any attention at all to pop culture I don't know how it's possible for a 45 year old man living in the London area to have never heard one of her songs. :doh:

You're right. If she sings in the car and if he knows her name, he should have recognised her :doh:. That's the DM :fisch: If some readers google Mika and find out his other albums, that's positive :wink2:

I am in a clothing shop right now and Rolling in the Deep is playing. :lmfao:

I am now in a food court and they are playing Someone Like You. This driving instructor cannot be for real. :freak:

Or he was in a coma and woke up a few days ago :teehee:

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't recognise the celebs. I wouldn't recognise Mika either, in ordinary clothes and if his head was covered by a hood. But once he spoke I'd know him. I use hair, and voice, as a means of recognising people because I can't recognise anyone by their face alone. I have Prosopagnosia (face recognition blindness) I can't even recognise my own family by their faces. When my son first went to the nursery I worried that when I went to pick him up, I wouldn't be able to tell him apart from the other brown-haired boys in the room. But my Mum assured me that he'd recognise me, and he did of course.

Anyway, it's great to see that Mika got a mention. Pity they don't write about him stealing the show in Italy.