2015 - MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal - 11 Feb - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

guylainem123

I am going to proactively change these discussions with a very late review >.<.

So I attended this night as my first and only Mika concert as of yet >.>. I had a lot of expectations. I attended the dinner before hand and sat with my friends from MFC and a few new ones. All through dinner people would start to talk about the upcoming show and how excited they were, they would then look at me and quickly shut it. I didn't mind but apparently they didn't want to ruin anything. The only thing going in that I knew was that it would be mind altering.

My seat was in Row V (back rows of the floor seats) and the first thing I noticed was the camera crew beside myself and MK. I have the sneaking suspicion there will be a DVD...although it might have just been a camera crew but they did have audio equipment as well.

The Orchestra prepared and it was rather nice to just listen to them tune and prepare for a wonderful show, they did a splendid job all through the concert chiming in at just the right moments, blending perfectly with Mika and the other singers. The raw talent that you could tell was perfectly sculpted over years of dedication.

This being said, as they tuned, I was so anxious that I was basically shaking in my seat waiting for Mika to make his grand entrance. Finally the music started and I sat at the edge of my seat dying to see him enter. When he finally did, honestly...it felt unreal...I think I didn't register until he preformed Rain. I am a huge fan of that song so hearing it preformed was exciting in and of itself. Then he preformed Overrated and I just about died, I actually NEVER liked overrated...I just didn't care for it. It was like hearing it for the first time I was overcome with emotion, there were goosebumps all up and down my arms, needless to say I immediately went to the hotel after the show and listened to it >.<. Over my shoulder came sometime after, that was something I hadn't expected, I must admit I was informed it would be preformed BUT I hadn't expected it originally. I loved it because it was nice to see Mika get back to something he hadn't done in so long but at the same time I have to say...I prefer the original version >.>. I think Heroes was probably my favourite performance...I didn't think it would be and while listening to it I felt that familiar tightening in my chest that the song usually is accompanied with but I did not realize the true power it had until the song ended and I realized...my heart was POUNDING, I knew then that THIS was different. Elle Me Dit was the last memorable song for me. So much energy but still very low key. The audience began clapping and cheering and the conductor quickly shut us up but it was still awesome that it had such a reaction. I loved how even though he had to be reserved he seemed to still have a hard time not dancing in spot.

Final thoughts? Next time I'm putting out the money for front rows LMAOO!!! Wonder if they sell tickets for that stool he never sat on >.>...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to proactively change these discussions with a very late review >.<.

So I attended this night as my first and only Mika concert as of yet >.>. I had a lot of expectations. I attended the dinner before hand and sat with my friends from MFC and a few new ones. All through dinner people would start to talk about the upcoming show and how excited they were, they would then look at me and quickly shut it. I didn't mind but apparently they didn't want to ruin anything. The only thing going in that I knew was that it would be mind altering.

My seat was in Row V (back rows of the floor seats) and the first thing I noticed was the camera crew beside myself and MK. I have the sneaking suspicion there will be a DVD...although it might have just been a camera crew but they did have audio equipment as well.

The Orchestra prepared and it was rather nice to just listen to them tune and prepare for a wonderful show, they did a splendid job all through the concert chiming in at just the right moments, blending perfectly with Mika and the other singers. The raw talent that you could tell was perfectly sculpted over years of dedication.

This being said, as they tuned, I was so anxious that I was basically shaking in my seat waiting for Mika to make his grand entrance. Finally the music started and I sat at the edge of my seat dying to see him enter. When he finally did, honestly...it felt unreal...I think I didn't register until he preformed Rain. I am a huge fan of that song so hearing it preformed was exciting in and of itself. Then he preformed Overrated and I just about died, I actually NEVER liked overrated...I just didn't care for it. It was like hearing it for the first time I was overcome with emotion, there were goosebumps all up and down my arms, needless to say I immediately went to the hotel after the show and listened to it >.<. Over my shoulder came sometime after, that was something I hadn't expected, I must admit I was informed it would be preformed BUT I hadn't expected it originally. I loved it because it was nice to see Mika get back to something he hadn't done in so long but at the same time I have to say...I prefer the original version >.>. I think Heroes was probably my favourite performance...I didn't think it would be and while listening to it I felt that familiar tightening in my chest that the song usually is accompanied with but I did not realize the true power it had until the song ended and I realized...my heart was POUNDING, I knew then that THIS was different. Elle Me Dit was the last memorable song for me. So much energy but still very low key. The audience began clapping and cheering and the conductor quickly shut us up but it was still awesome that it had such a reaction. I loved how even though he had to be reserved he seemed to still have a hard time not dancing in spot.

Final thoughts? Next time I'm putting out the money for front rows LMAOO!!! Wonder if they sell tickets for that stool he never sat on >.>...

Thanks a lot for sharing your first gig report :huglove::thumb_yello:

That camera you noticed makes me happy :wub2: and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :thumb_yello: and I hope you can be front row and dance at your next Mika gig :thumb_yello::mikalove:

At this point, we should move on...

This thread deserves better :shun:

I can't believe it's been over a week already since we got together :wub2:

I know omg.

It stil' feels like a dream honestly!!!

:wub2::wub2:

Everything went by so fast! (And yet when i work it seems to take forever.. Thanks brain :sneaky2:) :lmfao:!!!

Everytime i listen to his songs now, i imagine the orchestra and awww :wub2:

And i kinda miss everyone too.

That was the "ohmygodfeelings" moment of the day.

I know omg.

It stil' feels like a dream honestly!!!

:wub2::wub2:

Everything went by so fast! (And yet when i work it seems to take forever.. Thanks brain :sneaky2:) :lmfao:!!!

Everytime i listen to his songs now, i imagine the orchestra and awww :wub2:

And i kinda miss everyone too.

That was the "ohmygodfeelings" moment of the day.

I'm reading all reports :wub2: and yours made me fangurl so much with all those little details :fangurl: Thank you Rox :huglove::wub2::flowers2:

Thanks so much for your report, what a thrill to have a concert like this as one's first Mika live gig!!

I am soo happy to hear about a pro camera crew in the concert. As there were no big screens show video during the concert, this footage MUST be for some goodness in the future!!!:naughty:

At this point, we should move on...

This thread deserves better :shun:

I can't believe it's been over a week already since we got together :wub2:

I couldn't agree more!! By the way, it was really nice to get to know you in person, Guylaine, after knowing Deb and her kindness and consideration beyond reproach since 2009.

Thanks so much for your report, what a thrill to have a concert like this as one's first Mika live gig!!

I am soo happy to hear about a pro camera crew in the concert. As there were no big screens show video during the concert, this footage MUST be for some goodness in the future!!!:naughty:

I hope so also! It was so nice putting a face to the name!

Hope to see you during the next tour! :yay:

awwwww no problem <3

Yeah I never really noticed it but it is pretty cool that such a unique concert was my first <3.

Unfortunately I was informed they were broadcasting the concert outside of the hall which might be why they were recording T_T but I am still hopeful!

Thanks a lot for sharing your first gig report :huglove::thumb_yello:

That camera you noticed makes me happy :wub2: and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :thumb_yello: and I hope you can be front row and dance at your next Mika gig :thumb_yello::mikalove:

No problem love <3 I hope I can be too! >.< I would have loved to have seen his facial expressions and what not but I couldn't really see all that detail T_T.

I tried the maple syrup candy at the meetup. It was very tasty so we bought more candies and took them home to give them to our family. I'm sure they're going to love them too. :thumb_yello:

And we bought maple syrup too. :wink2:

Thanks for the pics. :flowers2:

I tried the maple syrup candy at the meetup. It was very tasty so we bought more candies and took them home to give them to our family. I'm sure they're going to love them too. :thumb_yello:

And we bought maple syrup too. :wink2:

Thanks for the pics. :flowers2:

oooh! you have to make pancakes and pour maple syrup on them! :naughty:

You can come over and help me baking the pancakes. :naughty:

No I haven't tasted it yet.

When you open the can (or bottle), keep it in the fridge... it will stay good for months (that is if you can stop yourself from eating it :aah:)