Mika in Belgian media

krysady

An interview from DH.be : http://www.dhnet.be/medias/musique/mika-le-mariage-a-l-eglise-ce-n-est-pas-pour-moi-55c236453570b54653203edc

Mika: "Le mariage à l'église, ce n'est pas pour moi!" 

Here's the translation,thanks to CarolinaAsh  :thumb_yello: :

Mika: “The church wedding, it's not for me!”

http://www.dhnet.be/...yA6ZXd8.twitter

Mika will soon be in concert with us. Confessions of an artist whom has nothing to hide.

Mika is as one imagines, as one has seen for two seasons on the talent show of TF1: adorable. Will he continue the adventure of The Voice in 2016? The singer, in full tour (a few months after the release of his album No place in heaven), smiles and responds: “That, I can't say...”

We would like to say he's like everyone else, Mika, because he loves to flip the pages of a gossip magazine (“I hope there is not a photo of me in a bathing suit on the beach!”) but that would be boring... and mostly false: he likes “cultivating the differences.” Mika claiming “I want more! We must protect it and value, the differences. It's the only thing that provokes creativity, progress, reactions. I think we're becoming a generation a little too homogenized, and it's stupid.

When did you understand that the differences could be your strength?

When I was 11 years old, I was kicked out of school. I had an abusive teacher who tortured me and others in the class. It was truly horrible. I returned to another school. I learned to sing, I had jobs and my life is divided in two. On the one hand, the normal school life that was hard where I was treated like [crap]. On the other hand, I had a job, responsibilities. I was paid to do something. My differences were developing. On the other hand, my differences made them attack me. At school, there always are those who feel the worth of the differences and they attack because of that. We forget perhaps what people have told us exactly at that time, but we don't ever forget how it felt in that time. And we don't ever forgive people who treated us like this.

Has your view the differences changed with the success?

At the beginning, I was doing something very intimate, I wrote songs in my bedroom. And suddenly, my public life had completely passed my private life. It had evolved ever faster. My private life was found behind. It took time, for my private life to catch up to my public life. Now, I am a little more in balance. And my life is very simple.

It's easy,nowadays, finding balance?

Honestly, yes. I find myself much lighter. When Voici published a few months ago photos of me and Andy (his companion, Editors Note), photographs in the street, everybody told me it was scandalous, I had to take legal action. Which I responded no. There was nothing scandalous inside it. We simply saw these photos of two people walking down the street. If it were a man and a woman, no one would say anything. But because it's me with another man, it was seen as a scandal. Not at all! You have to be reasonable, it's nothing at all! It's just noise.

And if the photos of you had shown you kissing?

It depends on context. When I was in Sicily this past week, we came across people, perched on a wall, taking photos through the windows. That, it's severe! That whether a public person or not, it makes you flip out seeing people looking in your room with binoculars. It's revolting. But if we were on a street, it's different, it's a choice.

Do you see yourself married, having children?

Get married in a church, no! I don't feel a part of that tradition. It's not designed for me. I am rather more discreet. It's how I've always lived. And in this discretion, I find a freedom also. But in the sense of being faithful to the person I am with, to keep my promises, that commitment is of course very important. As to children, It's the most selfish choice I could make nowadays!

I pray... even though for an extremist I am nearly the Devil!”

In the title song No Place in Heaven, Mika addresses God. He tells God that they haven't talked in a while. “Religion, I think it's something very important. It's something I need to have in my life for me to be able to fight things. And it also makes me peaceful in difficult moments. I belong to a generation which gives the possibility to chose what it finds good in spirituality and reject what it finds not modern enough. I find the new pope intelligent, accessible. He continues to say that he will be killed... that, it's a little scary! Before going on stage, I pray. Even if I am a person, for extreme Catholic Evangelists, very nearly the devile! (laugh) Me, I consider the extreme evangelists of the Catholic religion and the extremists of the Muslim religion are the same people.

A Belgian designer for his decors.

Mika is not only an artist of singing. He likes to create his universe. “All, for me, must have meaning. But it shouldn't be overdone. Everything must be connected emotionally. I know I don't do the most commercial songs for the radio. For me, it's the whole show that matters. I don't have a hit machine behind me. My show, it must be like a piece of theater. Even the clothes count. It's a collective work.” The other day, Mika was up until 4am sketching with his friend Job (Smeets of Studios Job). “A great Belgion designer. We made sketches for my new tour. I like to travel with my friends. I have a clan that comes with me. It's funny.” And when he's not traveling with his friends, he drinks beer with them. “When I'm not singing, of course. These are the small moments of life.” For once, like everyone else.

Edited by krysady
  • Like 3

Bekladde poster Mika ontketent campagne tegen homohaat 

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/960/Buitenland/article/detail/2417002/2015/08/09/Bekladde-poster-Mika-ontketent-campagne-tegen-homohaat.dhtml

Popster Mika (31) heeft gisteren op sociale media een enorme campagne tegen homohaat ontketend door een foto te plaatsen van een bekladde poster voor zijn concert. Op het plakkaat in het Italiaanse Firenze is met zwarte graffiti het woord 'frocio' (flikker) gespoten. Ook is het gezicht van de flamboyante zanger zwart gemaakt.

media_l_7919990.jpg© bruno.

"Ik ben niet bang voor mensen die discrimineren'', schrijft Mika, die sinds 2007 een relatie heeft met documentairemaker Andreas Dermanis, op Twitter. "Liefde doet wat het wil.''

Toen de populaire Brits-Libanese zanger de poster zag, wilde hij er eerst niets over zeggen. "Het leek me het beste om de haat van sommige mensen, die ik zo goed ken, te negeren'', schreef hij. "Maar jullie hebben gelijk. We doorbreken de stilte."

Aan die oproep gaven talloze twitteraars gehoor. De door Mika in het leven geroepen hashtag #rompioilsilenzio ('breek de stilte') was urenlang trending topic en wordt nog steeds veel gebruikt. Als protest verving de zanger al zijn profielfoto's door afbeeldingen van de besmeurde poster.

Ook de burgemeester van Firenze heeft zijn steun uitgesproken voor Mika, die coach is bij de Italiaanse X Factor en de Franse The Voice. "Ik heb de poster die besmeurd is door lafaards meteen laten verwijderen'', schrijft Dario Nardella op Twitter. "Firenze is niet homofoob, maar een open stad."

Niet de eerste keer
Het is niet de eerste keer dat Mika gepassioneerd voorvechter is van gelijkheid, te maken krijgt met homohaat. Toen hij een paar jaar geleden met zijn familie in een restaurant was, kreeg hij van andere gasten discriminerende en agressieve opmerkingen naar zijn hoofd. "Toen hebben de eigenaren van de zaak zó hard mijn liedjes gedraaid dat we niet meer met elkaar konden praten", vertelde hij Le Parisien.

Edited by krysady

i haven't started yet, if you want you can do it :)

Okay! I have secretly finished it already because I was bored :teehee:

Bekladde poster Mika ontketent campagne tegen homohaat 

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/960/Buitenland/article/detail/2417002/2015/08/09/Bekladde-poster-Mika-ontketent-campagne-tegen-homohaat.dhtml

Popster Mika (31) heeft gisteren op sociale media een enorme campagne tegen homohaat ontketend door een foto te plaatsen van een bekladde poster voor zijn concert. Op het plakkaat in het Italiaanse Firenze is met zwarte graffiti het woord 'frocio' (flikker) gespoten. Ook is het gezicht van de flamboyante zanger zwart gemaakt.

media_l_7919990.jpg© bruno.

"Ik ben niet bang voor mensen die discrimineren'', schrijft Mika, die sinds 2007 een relatie heeft met documentairemaker Andreas Dermanis, op Twitter. "Liefde doet wat het wil.''

Toen de populaire Brits-Libanese zanger de poster zag, wilde hij er eerst niets over zeggen. "Het leek me het beste om de haat van sommige mensen, die ik zo goed ken, te negeren'', schreef hij. "Maar jullie hebben gelijk. We doorbreken de stilte."

Aan die oproep gaven talloze twitteraars gehoor. De door Mika in het leven geroepen hashtag #rompioilsilenzio ('breek de stilte') was urenlang trending topic en wordt nog steeds veel gebruikt. Als protest verving de zanger al zijn profielfoto's door afbeeldingen van de besmeurde poster.

Ook de burgemeester van Firenze heeft zijn steun uitgesproken voor Mika, die coach is bij de Italiaanse X Factor en de Franse The Voice. "Ik heb de poster die besmeurd is door lafaards meteen laten verwijderen'', schrijft Dario Nardella op Twitter. "Firenze is niet homofoob, maar een open stad."

Niet de eerste keer

Het is niet de eerste keer dat Mika gepassioneerd voorvechter is van gelijkheid, te maken krijgt met homohaat. Toen hij een paar jaar geleden met zijn familie in een restaurant was, kreeg hij van andere gasten discriminerende en agressieve opmerkingen naar zijn hoofd. "Toen hebben de eigenaren van de zaak zó hard mijn liedjes gedraaid dat we niet meer met elkaar konden praten", vertelde hij Le Parisien.

Defaced billboard Mika unleashes campaign against gay hate

Yesterday, popstar Mika (31) unleashed a huge campaign against gay hatred on social media by posting a picture of a defaced billboard for his concert online. On the billboard in the Italian town of Firenze the word 'frocio'(faggot) had been sprayed in black graffiti. Also the face of the flamboyant singer had been made black.

"I'm not afraid of people that discriminate", writes Mika, who has been in a relationship with documentary-maker Andreas Dermanis since 2007, on Twitter. "Love does what it wants."

When the popular British-Lebanese singer saw the billboard, he initially did not want to say something about it. "To me it seemed best to ignore the hate, that I know very well, of some people," he wrote. "But you are right. We break the silence."

Countless twitterers heard that call. The hashtag #rompiamoilsilenzio ('break the silence') that had been called to life by Mika, was a trending topic for hours and is still used a lot. As a protest, the singer replaced all of his profile pictures with pictures of the defaced billboard.

The mayor of Firenze, too, has voiced his support for Mika, who is a coach on the Italian X Factor and the French The Voice. "I have had the billboard, defaced by cowards, removed immediately", writes Dario Nardella on Twitter. "Firenze is not homophobic, but an open city."

Not the first time

This is not the first time that Mika, who is a passionate protagonist for equality, has to deal with gay hate. A few years ago, he was at a restaurant with his family when he got discriminating and agressive comments from other costumers. "The owners of the place started to play my songs so loudly that we couldn't even talk to each other anymore", he said to Le Parisien.

(Editor's note: They got the name of the hashtag wrong. Dumb mistake. Thanks to Laura (Alyara) for pointing it out.)

• Like 3

Thank you for pointing out that mistake which, I can assure you, is just a typo and not a journalist not knowing his stuff. Only joking, this piece was originally published on one of the largest Dutch news websites AD.nl and I wrote it :) Objectively, of course (seriously), but sometimes being a fan and journalist go together when looking for subjects to write about  :) BTW please don't quote this message as I will have to edit it, not because I do not want anyone to know I'm a fan (everyone I know does know), but because it would look wrong professionally because I wrote this (though it isn't, I went through all necessary journalistic practices to write it.)

Edited by *LEON*
  • Like 1

Mika va sans doute devoir abandonner son poste de juré à The Voice: "Cela me bouffe trop de temps..."  

http://www.sudinfo.be/1348189/article/2015-08-06/mika-va-sans-doute-devoir-abandonner-son-poste-de-jure-a-the-voice-cela-me-bouff

1767921922_B976230957Z.1_20150806120135_

I read he will be in Asia during one year, do you know what he is gonna do there ? 'Cause I can't read the paper format you post . Thanks

I read he will be in Asia during one year, do you know what he is gonna do there ? 'Cause I can't read the paper format you post . Thanks

No,I have no idea.... I can't figure out what he could do in Asia for one and a half year,maybe we'll find more information soon. 

Edited by krysady

No,I have no idea.... I can't figure out what he could do in Asia for one and a half year,maybe we'll find more information soon. 

XF Asia?  :naughty:

• 4 weeks later...

Mika va sans doute devoir abandonner son poste de juré à The Voice: "Cela me bouffe trop de temps..."  

http://www.sudinfo.be/1348189/article/2015-08-06/mika-va-sans-doute-devoir-abandonner-son-poste-de-jure-a-the-voice-cela-me-bouff

1767921922_B976230957Z.1_20150806120135_

In asia? en Asie pendant un an et demi ?? 

anyone knows in which context he said like that in this newspaper? It's not realistic if it really means he's in asia for a year and half.. 

more reasonable if it means 'will be in asia in half a year" ....  :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...

http://blog.lesoir.be/frontstage/2015/09/24/mika-a-bien-fait-son-job-a-forest/

Mika a bien fait son Job à Forest

par Le Soir le 24 septembre 2015

Mika a rempli Forest National, mercredi soir, renouant ainsi avec le succès de ses débuts.

Mika a 32 ans. On le sait, il l’a répété plusieurs fois et visiblement ça le travaille. Le chanteur anglais d’origine libanaise a grandi et bien vieilli. Et pour combattre le temps qui passe, il avoue n’avoir qu’une solution: danser.
Il a ainsi offert à ses nombreux fans un show dynamique et coloré dont il a le secret, alignant tous ses tubes, du premier au dernier, pour un juke-box endiablé relevé d’un décor majestueux. Il ne le dira qu’en fin de concert dédié à l’Anversois Job Smeets (dont Le Soir publiait le portrait le jour-même !) qu’il invite sur scène pour jouer du tambourin: un vieux rêve du designer baroque avec qui il a conçu un décor amusant comme tout. Une vieille caravane à surprises, une boule à 500.000 cristaux, des panneaux fous fous fous… L’ensemble relève du délire un peu kitsch mais l’élégance jamais ne déserte un show de deux heures qui voit Mika mouiller sa chemise. L’artiste mignon comme tout ne ménage pas sa peine pour procurer du plaisir à un public de tout âge et de tout sexe qui le lui rend bien. Forest a vibré, s’est illuminé, s’est défoncé pour cet artiste qui a réussi à revenir au premier plan grâce à un dernier album de fort bonne tenue. The Voice a servi de tremplin pour ce retour en grâce du chanteur francophile au charme fou. Précédé du charmant groupe londonien Citizens, Mika a dessiné un univers positif et optimiste comme il en faut en ces temps moroses. L’homme procure du plaisir. Comment le lui reprocher ? THIERRY COLJON

If someone doesn't know who is Job Smeets and a curiosity :) :

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds  19 set

Tonight Paris! #HeavenTour designed in collaboration with the incredible STUDIO JOB! Many more… https://instagram.com/p/7z4EWZTiMj/ 

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds  20 set

#HeavenTour #StudioJob So good to work with designers who work with so much heart. It comes through… https://instagram.com/p/73pmtaTiFa/ 

Job Smeets

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Job

"The leading designers of Studio Job are Job Smeets and Nynke Tynagel, who met while attending the Design Academy Eindhoven. Studio Job was formed by Smeets after his graduation in 1998; Tynagel joined him after her graduation in 2000. Studio Job also employs a team of young designers to assist Smeets and Tynagel."

"In 2014, at Carpenters Workshop Gallery’s booth at Design Miami/, Studio Job presented 'Landmark'. The selection was made in collaboration with Loic Le Gaillard and Julien Lombrail, the founders of Carpenters Workshop Gallery in Paris and London.[5]

This is a collection in polished and patinated bronze, hand-blown glass, aluminum, marble and gold and silver leaf, which takes on the world’s architectural icons: an English double-decker bus sits atop the Big Ben clock, Chartres Cathedral tipped over on its side is transformed into a cabinet resembling an altarpiece, the Eiffel Tower bends under invisible pressure to become a desk lamp, the Taj Mahal is flipped upside-down so its four minarets form the legs of a table and the Burj Khalifa has none other but King Kong scaling it instead of the Empire State Building, with the Treasury of Petra housing a clock as its base."

dezeen_Tour-Eiffel-and-Taj-Mahal-by-Stud

toureiffel05.jpg

3eca8efce15f25cfcadc1e80a0b1af1a.jpg

Edited by charlie20
  • Like 4

• 7 months later...

INTERVIEW : RTL be

Le chanteur Mika était en concert hier à Anvers.

Le chanteur Mika était en concert hier à Anvers. Vidéo publiée le 6/5|709 vues. Catégorie: Mes gadgets. Tags: imaginarium - tour

Rencontre avec Mika

Le nouvel album de Mika sortira en 2012. Un nouveau single - en français s'il vous plait - est déjà disponible. Planète People a rencontré la star.

Le chanteur Mika sort son troisième album "The origin of love".

Le chanteur américano-libanais s'était quelque peu absenté. Il revient avec un troisième album autobiographique très positif qui cartonne déjà.

Mika est l'invité du RTL Info 13H

Le chanteur britannico-libanais est en direct sur le plateau du RTL Info 13H à l'occasion de la sortie de son nouvel album, "No Place in Heaven".

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

Re posting

DH. be Interview

Interview : DH.be

http://www.dhnet.be/medias/television/mika-je-suis-un-coach-impatient-57349f6935708ea2d56cbd14

Mika: "Je suis un coach impatient"

Interview > Aurélie Parisi Publié le

vendredi 13 mai 2016 à 17h34

- Mis à jour le

vendredi 13 mai 2016 à 17h34

The Voice est l’occasion pour Mika de montrer l’homme qu’il est vraiment.

C’est la dernière ligne droite pour les quatre candidats restants de The Voice, la plus belle voix. Ce samedi, Slimane, Clément, Antoine et MB14 donneront chacun le meilleur d’eux-mêmes pour tenter de remporter la grande finale du télécrochet et, donc, enregistrer un premier album avec Universal.

À quelques heures du grand soir, Mika ne cache pas son enthousiasme à l’idée de voir son poulain MB14 impressionner encore le public : "Rien n’est comparable à MB14 dans le marché francophone. Il est dans le Top 10 des champions de beatboxing en France", explique le chanteur qui est d’ailleurs, en général, très satisfait de son équipe cette saison : "Je sais que deux de mes candidats, si pas trois, sortiront prochainement un album et feront une belle carrière. Heureusement d’ailleurs parce que la crédibilité de cette émission ne fonctionne que si les candidats ont l’occasion de continuer en dehors de l’émission."

Quel genre de coach êtes-vous ?

"Je suis un coach transparent et impatient. The Voice est une émission tellement commerciale, populaire et surtout regardée, qu’il ne faut pas être faux. Les gens le sentent directement. Les candidats ne peuvent pas chanter faux non plus car c’est du gaspillage. C’est une émission qui peut vraiment les mettre en lumière donc il faut mettre le paquet."

Qu’est-ce que l’aventure vous a apporté jusqu’ici ?

"Une manière de m’exprimer, de montrer qui je suis à beaucoup de gens qui n’en avaient aucune idée. Ils connaissaient mes chansons mais ne connaissaient pas l’homme derrière."

On y a d’ailleurs découvert votre goût prononcé pour la mode. Choisissez-vous vous-même vos tenues pour les lives ?

"Oui, exactement. Je suis habillé par la maison Valentino de Rome. Ce que je porte est très mode et en même temps pas commercial. Chacune de mes tenues raconte une histoire. Mais bon, je ne pourrais, par exemple, pas sortir avec ces vêtements-là en rue. Pour la finale, je la jouerai par contre de façon plus sobre."

Si on vous proposait de remplir la fonction de coach pour une saison supplémentaire, vous accepteriez ?

"Franchement ? Je n’en ai aucune idée…"

Vous serez en concert le 4 juin prochain chez nous, à Liège. Comment arrivez-vous à concilier votre rôle de coach dans The Voice et votre tournée qui vous emmène aux quatre coins du monde ?

"Un planning bien chargé m’encourage à travailler, à trouver de nouvelles idées. Ce qui est dur, c’est de commencer à faire tourner la roue. Je sais très bien faire la part des choses. D’ailleurs, je vous rassure : je ne monte pas sur scène avec mon fauteuil rouge de The Voice mais bien avec ma voix et mon univers." (rires)

• Like 2