Mika guest in late night show Paul de Leeuw 13-9-2015

Pascale

Paul de Leeuw and Mika reunited in (new) Late night show on dutch television.  :)

https://www.facebook.com/mikasounds/posts/10153202243528040

So the tweet worked.

https://twitter.com/pauldeleeuw1962/status/595074047106543616

pdl @pauldeleeuw1962 4 mei

Seen #MIKAtour tonight in New york @VerbotenNewYork.amazing love you and see you in Holland! Be my guest on tv

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

So question: i saw a clip with paul and mika as an advert already ... does this mean it has already been taped.. or will he be there tomorrow 13 sept .. do we think?

So question: i saw a clip with paul and mika as an advert already ... does this mean it has already been taped.. or will he be there tomorrow 13 sept .. do we think?

Do you have a link to this clip?

EDIT: If you mean the clip that is shown on TV ... that is from an earlier show of Paul de Leeuw where Mika was his guest. If I remember well, that show was broadcasted in october 2012.  :wink2:

Edited by DutchAnnie
  • Like 1

Is there any link that I can watch live broadcast?

Here's a link. http://www.npo.nl/live. I'm afraid you can't watch the streaming from abroad though.

Sorry, I can't tape it. But I 'm sure someone else will.

I've just been to the recording of the show. It was fun. Mika sang three songs: Grace Kelly (2x), Staring at the sun and Stardust (duet with Paul de Leeuw). They talked about the frocio/faggot incident in Italia. And they threw beers at each other. I was so sorry for his beautiful suit :)

Edited by Pascale
  • Like 1

Here's a link. http://www.npo.nl/live. I'm afraid you can't watch the streaming from abroad though.

Sorry, I can't tape it. But I 'm sure someone else will.

I've just been to the recording of the show. It was fun. Mika sang three songs: Grace Kelly (2x), Staring at the sun and Stardust (duet with Paul de Leeuw). They talked about the frocio/faggot incident in Italia. And they threw beers at each other. I was so sorry for his beautiful suit :)

Thank you very much for the information. I hope somebody will record it :( and I am glad to hear that it was fun. Hope I can watch it :)

• Like 1

Pascale tnx so much for the heads up. Darling daughter got to meet her hero and got to tell him how important this record is for her ... got the album signed too... (she hasn't stopped rattling on and on...yet) brilliant night out with many known faces

Annemieke -great to see you... what a treat it was!

#Mikawetsuitcompetition eheh

• Like 2

VK

I couldn't download it, tried to capture the video, sometimes the streaming didn't work very much.

Here is the recording ( captured ) video. sorry it's not perfect.  :blush-anim-cl:

1/2 2015.09.13_1_2 Paul de Leeuws

2/2 2015.09.13_ 2_2 Paul de Leeuws

:EDIT: I've upload better one !

VK

I'm uploading a video right now. :thumb_yello:

Be patient.  :teehee:

EDIT: Here is the link to the video. I hope it works. http://www.filedropper.com/20150913mikapaul

I've edited and uploaded the video. the quality is better than YT-vid described previously. :thumb_yello:

http://vk.com/video232312753_171413913

Enjoy !!

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a new video link.
  • Like 8

VK

I couldn't download it, tried to capture the video, sometimes the streaming didn't work very much.

Here is the recording ( captured ) video. sorry it's not perfect.  :blush-anim-cl:

1/2 2015.09.13_1_2 Paul de Leeuws

2/2 2015.09.13_ 2_2 Paul de Leeuws

:thumb_yello: Thanks a LOT Eriko!  :hug:  This was really funny to watch - I love the performance of "Stardust" - and of course the game at the end :naughty:   Hope it wasn't the goodtasting Amstel beer they throw at each other :teehee:  Probably MIKAs beautiful suit will also be cleaned well enough,  for later use... :wub:  

Love,love

me

• Like 1

:thumb_yello: Thanks a LOT Eriko!  :hug:  This was really funny to watch - I love the performance of "Stardust" - and of course the game at the end :naughty:   Hope it wasn't the goodtasting Amstel beer they throw at each other :teehee:  Probably MIKAs beautiful suit will also be cleaned well enough,  for later use... :wub:  

Love,love

me

No, it was lukewarm beer with extra water added to it so it wouldn't stick too much.

• Like 2

So here is my report ...

Yesterday I went to see Mika who was a guest at the new late night show of Paul de Leeuw. I was really looking forward to it, because I always love the chemistry between Mika and Paul. Since it was a new show I had no idea what to expect, except that Mika would be there. I left home at 1.30 pm and arrived at the studio around 4.45 pm. Ingie was already there with a friend and short after my arrival other MFCers arrived too. We had to wait outside before we were allowed in, but luckily it wasn’t raining.

When we got inside, there was a little chaos because we were told that we had to stand and therefore only could take small bags into the studio because there wouldn’t be enough room for large bags. So … a lot of wallets and phones were exchanged and put in every available pocket and small bag of other people  :teehee: and then we were finally allowed into the studio. When we got in, a man told tall people to go upstairs to the balcony and small people to go to the front, so Wicky and Ingie’s friend had to go upstairs while the other MFCers went to the front. Luckily, the man left and Wicky and Ingie’s friend could join the other MFCers. We had perfect places, right in front of the stage where Mika was going to perform. We indeed had to stand, but tables with large buckets filled with cool drinks were placed randomly in the studio so that was very nice.  :thumb_yello:

Before the show started, we had to do some random clapping and cheering that they could use later on while editing the show. The show wasn’t live, but broadcasted some hours after shooting, so I think the crew was a bit nervous if things would actually go well. During the show you could see that they were still experimenting a bit and trying out things.

Then Paul de Leeuw came and the show started. I found the show a bit chaotic and I’m not sure if I will like the show, but maybe that was because it was a new show and it will look better on tv (I haven’t seen it yet). A funny thing happened when Paul was interviewing a s*x worker while a mother and her young daughter were standing right in front of them. The mother covered the ears of her daughter so she could not hear the interview and the daughter had put her fingers in her own ears as well.  :naughty:

But of course I came to see Mika and you all want to hear about Mika so here we go. He wasn’t on stage the whole show but came up and left again a few times.

The first time, Paul introduced him and he came up in a red chequered suit that hurts your eyes :mf_rosetinted:, but other than that he looked great (and we were standing so close to him, even closer than during gigs :)). First he sang Grace Kelly and then had to sing it again because apparently something went wrong the first time (I don’t know what went wrong) and then he left again.

The second time, Mika came back to sing Staring At The Sun and, if I remember well, right after this song there was a short interview where Paul and Mika talked about the poster incident that happened in Italy and about Mika being a judge in X Factor and The Voice. During the interview, a crew member held up a sign telling Paul that he had to stop because they were already seven minutes behind time schedule, but Paul didn’t want to stop and hurried to finish the interview. After the interview Mika left again.

The third time, Mika came back to sing Stardust in a duet with Paul, where Mika sang in English (and a few sentences in Dutch :wub:) and Paul sang in Dutch. During the song you could clearly see the chemistry between Mika and Paul. Then the show ended with a beer card game where both Mika and Paul had to draw a card after which the person with the highest card could throw a glass of beer towards the other. I have to say that Paul is better in throwing beer into someone’s face than Mika, because Mika got a few glasses of beer right into his face :naughty: . There was also a super soaker filled with mayonnaise (for no reason … it was just there  :)) and at the end Mika took the super soaker and shot the mayonnaise right in Paul’s face. It was hilarious and a great way to end the show.

After the show we waited outside for Mika. When he came out some people were able to take a picture with him while other people got his autograph :thumb_yello:. I didn’t get any because, as always, some people refused to line up and started to push other people away so they could get all the attention of Mika. This is the part I always dislike about meeting Mika … some people that refuse to follow ‘the rules’ and spoil things for other people. Some people really need to learn how to behave :sneaky2:.

Then we went home again. I got a ride from Jolanda to the train station (thanks again Jolanda :huglove:) where I travelled home together with Sylvana who had to go in the same direction. I arrived back home after midnight with a headache, a sore throat and pain in my back  :old: but it was really worth it. It was great to see the Dutch (and one German) MFCers again and meet some new MFCers. Thanks for being there peeps and make this day a wonderful day! See you again soon. :huglove:

Oh … and I almost forgot :doh: … the stage was turning around sometimes so to prevent mika to bump his head Paul had to push him forward a bit and Mika almost fell off the edge of the stage right in the arms of Jolanda, but unfortunately for her he did not fall completely and was able to recover his balance.  :naughty:

Oh … and I almost forgot :doh: … just before we wanted to get in the car after the show we saw the taxi waiting for Mika so we decided to wait and do a wave when he would pass us. So we did and although we could not look into the taxi because the windows were black, we saw him waving back to us with his lighted phone.  :wub:

Edited by DutchAnnie
  • Like 16