2019 - Mika @ Komplex 457 Zurich, CH, 22 Nov

mellody

14 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

The prices are similar to the hotels, I found just one cheap flat but too far away from the venue... 

(continued from the tour rumours thread)

Yes, it wasn't close to the venue - that's in an industrial area, right next to a shopping centre. But we had a car.

2 minutes ago, mellody said:

(continued from the tour rumours thread)

Yes, it wasn't close to the venue - that's in an industrial area, right next to a shopping centre. But we had a car.

Yeah with a car it isn't a problem... So hopefully I won't miss anything when leaving after midnight, the bus station is about 3,5 km from the venue and there's also a night bus or train to get there.

8 minutes ago, giraffeandy said:

Yeah with a car it isn't a problem... So hopefully I won't miss anything when leaving after midnight, the bus station is about 3,5 km from the venue and there's also a night bus or train to get there.

I haven't even looked for bus/train/flight connections yet for this tour. 🙈

Maybe someone who's there by car can take you, if it's on their way. The problem is that you never know for sure what time Mika comes out, there might have a party backstage, or interviews which make it last longer, we never know that in advance. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

I haven't even looked for bus/train/flight connections yet for this tour. 🙈

Maybe someone who's there by car can take you, if it's on their way. The problem is that you never know for sure what time Mika comes out, there might have a party backstage, or interviews which make it last longer, we never know that in advance. :dunno:

I get it, unfortunately there are less bus lines on Saturday so you don't have so many time options... :sad: 

I don't want to be stressed during the trip so I booked a room in a hotel just 1,5 km from the venue anyway, it's a free reservation so I can cancel it 3 days before... The trip is already getting expensive so I think I don't care anymore. :biggrin2: It's for 109 CHF but it's for two so I hope I can find someone to share, I'm in contact with one Czech fan so hopefully I won't travel alone. Otherwise I can offer it to someone here who is interested. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone coming to Zurich,

I had the thought today how wonderful it'd be to repeat the glowing hearts we had in Munich 2012 on this tour for Tiny Love - and Zurich as a comparably small venue where many MFCers of those who were in Munich in 2012 are going to seems the best option. I think 1000 hearts would do to light up the venue, even though it's not one per person as it was in Munich, but usually not everyone in the crowd wants to take part anyway.

If any of you wants to contribute by buying glowsticks or doing handicraft work, please let me know. ;) Also help would be appreciated to give out the hearts to the crowd, especially by those who arrive later and can do this in the middle and back of the queue / venue.

29 minutes ago, mellody said:

I had the thought today how wonderful it'd be to repeat the glowing hearts we had in Munich 2012 on this tour for Tiny Love - and Zurich as a comparably small venue where many MFCers of those who were in Munich in 2012 are going to seems the best option. I think 1000 hearts would do to light up the venue, even though it's not one per person as it was in Munich, but usually not everyone in the crowd wants to take part anyway.

If any of you wants to contribute by buying glowsticks or doing handicraft work, please let me know. ;) Also help would be appreciated to give out the hearts to the crowd, especially by those who arrive later and can do this in the middle and back of the queue / venue.

What do you mean by handicraft work ?

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

attach glowstick connectors to sticks with cable ties.

You want to make hearts with glow sticks ? Is that right ?

But you don't have to "break" the sticks too early 

2 hours ago, mellody said:

Würde auch leucht Sticks kaufen 

• Like 1

As the idea was already used some years ago ,I wonder if we coud find a more ecological new one ?

I mean ,all these sticks are plastic made and obviously without any  recycling possibility

Edited by carafon
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, carafon said:

As the idea was already used some years ago ,I wonder if we coud find a more ecological new one ?

I mean ,all these sticks are plastic made and obviously without any  recycling possibility

Well... we've already started and ordered stuff. :dunno:

You have a point, but if you get started on protecting the environment, Mika shouldn't do a tour at all, muchless with balloons and confetti (he might have thrown these out tho, we'll see...). Y'know, I doubt he'll use the train between places...

I guess it'd also forbid basically any fan action at gigs, apart from usual phone lights, because even paper (like we're planning for London) surely won't be recycled after the gig, even if there was the option in theory.

But if you have an environmental friendly idea for another gig, it could start a new trend... you're certainly right that it's something that should be considered for new plans.

As it's so far away I didn't imagine that you already ordered stuff …..:dunno:

If I understand well  we need 4 conectors for 2 sticks ,that means that we've got half of the sticks unusable ….that's the fact that caught my attention 

Of course I'm aware of all your arguments ,but  if we can do even a tiny difference while using paper instead of plastic ,why not trying ?

Not this time as it's already on the way but maybe for another accasion ?:wink2:

Anyway, booked my trains and hotel today! 😁 So happy to see Mika in Zurich again, it was a special gig the last time. :wub2: - also because it's a big meetup for German fans, as we don't get a gig here. :teehee:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carafon said:

As it's so far away I didn't imagine that you already ordered stuff …..:dunno:

If I understand well  we need 4 conectors for 2 sticks ,that means that we've got half of the sticks unusable ….that's the fact that caught my attention 

No worries about that, we can order the connectors separately. ;)

And it's not that far away, just 3 months and a lot of work...

2 hours ago, mellody said:

No worries about that, we can order the connectors separately. ;)

Oh :thumb_yello:…….could you give me the link ?

Because in the store of my home town there are only boxes with the same number of sticks and connectors :dunno:

And I think that the ones sold in french websides are the same

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, carafon said:

Oh :thumb_yello:…….could you give me the link ?

Because in the store of my home town there are only boxes with the same number of sticks and connectors :dunno:

And I think that the ones sold in french websides are the same

https://www.knixs.com/3D-Verbinder-fuer-Armknicklichter-100-Stueck (I don't know though if they ship internationally)

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Florine said:

Now it's official : I'll be at the show !!

I've never been in switzerland before so it's a first for me !! My brother is gonna drive me, he's a big big fan of Mika too so it's gonna be great !! I'm excited!

I've technically been in Switzerland many times but always just crossing the country to get to Italy so it's my first official visit too... :teehee:

Also I'd like to ask somebody who is going to Zurich a big favour... I'm travelling by bus in the morning of the concert and leaving the night after because unfortunately there aren't many direct bus lines on Saturday. If anybody wanna meet in the morning to take a walk through the city, get some food and go to the venue in the afternoon, I would be really glad as I'm travelling alone. But my biggest request is for the night after the concert. The bus station is just 4 km from the venue but I need to get there at 1:00 at night (the bus is leaving at 1:25). I'm afraid I can't afford a swiss taxi (also because of the call prices in Switzerland etc.). Is anybody going by car to the venue? If someone could drop me at the station, I would be so grateful. :bow: Of course, I could pay a bit for the ride. 

@Florine fab, see you there! :biggrin2:

@giraffeandy I'll only arrive in the early afternoon, so I can't help you with sightseeing... as for after the show, some of us are going to share an Uber to get to our hotel, if the bus station is on the way maybe we can share... Also I know that @daeni28 is coming by car, but I don't know if she has any space or what time she plans to leave, or in which direction she's going. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

@Florine fab, see you there! :biggrin2:

@giraffeandy I'll only arrive in the early afternoon, so I can't help you with sightseeing... as for after the show, some of us are going to share an Uber to get to our hotel, if the bus station is on the way maybe we can share... Also I know that @daeni28 is coming by car, but I don't know if she has any space or what time she plans to leave, or in which direction she's going. 

To share an Uber would also be an option but the bus station is near the city center so I doubt it'll be on the way to your accommodation... 

bus.thumb.jpg.2a044341140e71b942a8bfe8701ac5f5.jpg

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

I've technically been in Switzerland many times but always just crossing the country to get to Italy so it's my first official visit too... :teehee:

Also I'd like to ask somebody who is going to Zurich a big favour... I'm travelling by bus in the morning of the concert and leaving the night after because unfortunately there aren't many direct bus lines on Saturday. If anybody wanna meet in the morning to take a walk through the city, get some food and go to the venue in the afternoon, I would be really glad as I'm travelling alone. But my biggest request is for the night after the concert. The bus station is just 4 km from the venue but I need to get there at 1:00 at night (the bus is leaving at 1:25). I'm afraid I can't afford a swiss taxi (also because of the call prices in Switzerland etc.). Is anybody going by car to the venue? If someone could drop me at the station, I would be so grateful. :bow: Of course, I could pay a bit for the ride. 

I can help you!! I'm probably gonna book an hotel near the venue. So we can share the night if you want or if you really need to go home the night of the concert we can drop you after the show :)

• Thanks 2