France 2 : Les 130 Ans de la Tour Eiffel on 2 October 2019

Kumazzz

5 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

FRANCE 2

Mika - "Relax, take it easy"

https://www.france.tv/spectacles-et-culture/chanson-francaise/1101925-mika-relax-take-it-easy.html

🔻VIDEO file ( TS / 43.7MB ) Mika - Relax, take it easy.ts

I dont get why Mika had to be on the Eiffel Tower and not on stage with everyone else. :aah: I feel like Ive just watched two different performances that some video editor put together by mistake :roftl:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ellie said:

I dont get why Mika had to be on the Eiffel Tower and not on stage with everyone else. :aah: I feel like Ive just watched two different performances that some video editor put together by mistake :roftl:

Because Mika was filming it a few days later. Late at night. All the rest was already finished.:biggrin2:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellie said:

I Agree

the focus is on the dancers, it seems to me. sometime they show Mika himself but most of time we only hear him. 

I Don't understand what's the point of putting him on the top of Eiffel Tower and not with all the other dancers!  and singing "relax take it easy" on the edge of an Tower... well... 

:fisch:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MatanBenYosef224 said:

I Agree

the focus is on the dancers, it seems to me. sometime they show Mika himself but most of time we only hear him. 

I Don't understand what's the point of putting him on the top of Eiffel Tower and not with all the other dancers!  and singing "relax take it easy" on the edge of an Tower... well... 

:fisch:

Mika's part was recorded a few days later.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ellie said:

Not by mistake, but on purpose. As Anna said, it WAS two different performances. And I agree, it's rubbish that they tried to make it look like it was just one.

On the one hand it's cool that Mika is dancing on top of the Eiffel Tower, and he was really excited about it, it seems to be a highlight in his career for him (maybe he should've sung "I'm gonna stay hiiiiiigh!" up there! :lmao:).

On the other hand, the way it looks on TV is more like "nice try". Obviously Mika didn't really sing up there but just mimed, and I don't even know if he even had the music to it - even if they played it for him, he might not have heard it, due to the wind. I guess that's why they mostly show the dancers, it was probably hard to synch his performance with the song. I wonder how long the shooting itself took, if they could do just one take, or he did it several times.

Also the contrast between him alone up there, in white, and the many colourful dancers on stage is too big, imo. Maybe a slow song with only few dancers that are dressed in white as well would've been better... like at the Andrea Bocelli concert.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Because Mika was filming it a few days later. Late at night. All the rest was already finished.:biggrin2:

Oh thats even more awkward :roftl:

16 minutes ago, mellody said:

Also the contrast between him alone up there, in white, and the many colourful dancers on stage is too big, imo. Maybe a slow song with only few dancers that are dressed in white as well would've been better... like at the Andrea Bocelli concert.

Yep, I wanted to point that out too - I wish there was some continuity at least in their styling if nothing else.

• Like 1

He did just Relax? :huh:  I spent two hours last night watching Kendji singing, then Florent Pagny, then Kendji, then Yannick Noah, then Florent Pagni, then Kendji, then Yannick Noah, then Mireille Mathieu, then Kendji, then.... :aah:  then I turned it off and probably that was when they showed Mika :lmfao:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/27/2019 at 6:54 AM, krysady said:

He did just Relax? :huh:  I spent two hours last night watching Kendji singing, then Florent Pagny, then Kendji, then Yannick Noah, then Florent Pagni, then Kendji, then Yannick Noah, then Mireille Mathieu, then Kendji, then.... :aah:  then I turned it off and probably that was when they showed Mika :lmfao:

omg :sad: i'm so sorry you had to endure all that and didn't even get to see the Mika part!

Usually i don't approve of Mika doing dangerous things, but i was really hoping he'd jump off at the end :teehee:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kreacher said:

Usually i don't approve of Mika doing dangerous things, but i was really hoping he'd jump off at the end :teehee:

Oh yeah, that would have been awesome! I was hoping the same after seeing him with those safety harnesses :teehee:

• Like 1