Christine and the Queens

TinyLove_CJ

Are there any Christine and the Queens fans here? I absolutely love Chris and her music. I first heard 'Tilted' while in the hairdressers and thought "Ooo this is different" and then I discovered her album Chaleur Humaine and was totally hooked! I have a thing for artists that can sing in other languages! I don't always understand the lyrics but I can really chill out to her music. My favourite music video of hers has to be 'Comme si', I mean c'mon it's so sexy! She's such a confident and unique artist, I'd love to see her live one day. I think she keeps a lot of her personal life private so I'm not sure if Chris is single but she is definitely my kind of woman! 😁 💙

Hopefully there'll be more new music soon.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, silver said:

I'm surprised that you haven't heard back from other fans

I really liked Tilted when it came out, but I must confess I haven't listened to her for a while

Yeah I was hoping other fans would come along and comment, I'm surprised no one else created a thread about her before now. I really love how she moves too, her dance moves are on point 👌

10 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I have to say even though I've heard about her before, I've never listened to her songs but I really like the new collab with Charli XCX:

YES, Gone is so good! Love the video 💙

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I... I am feeling things. So many things.

This is beautiful. I love her.

I've watched this about 5 times now.

I think I need a lie down.

Is she psychic? Does she know how much I love horror (I love dark monster horror so much!), how much I love French music, how much I love her?

I'm just so excited right now.

You wait till I see her live, I won't stop talking about it...

Thank you Chris for this.

• Like 2

Already pre-ordered my copy. I wonder if Mika's EP project will be similar to what Chris has done 🤔.

She's doing an intimate gig at The Moth Club London next month which has already sold out. If it was later in the year I would have considered going. Still hoping she does a full tour again next year. 

• Like 1

I've ordered some Chris merch, which includes pin badges. PIN BADGES! 😍 Can someone get onto Mika's management and ask for pin badges too? I've been collecting badges for years, haven't counted them all but it's going to be close to 200!

Also the date of dispatch for my order made me laugh; it says June 21th. 

19 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Already pre-ordered my copy. I wonder if Mika's EP project will be similar to what Chris has done 🤔.

Where did you get a copy? I thought it's only digital...

And when I saw the music video I was also thinking of Mika's EP project and if he is doing something similar.

• Like 1

@giraffeandy I ordered my copy from Amazon UK, £12, they don't charge until dispatch. 

There's also these 2 websites, the first one for definite does international shipping coming from the UK but I'm not too sure about the second one:

https://www.fiveriserecords.co.uk/product/christine-and-the-queens-la-vita-nuova/

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/180685-christine-and-the-queens-la-vita-nuova

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

@giraffeandy I ordered my copy from Amazon UK, £12, they don't charge until dispatch. 

There's also these 2 websites, the first one for definite does international shipping coming from the UK but I'm not too sure about the second one:

https://www.fiveriserecords.co.uk/product/christine-and-the-queens-la-vita-nuova/

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/180685-christine-and-the-queens-la-vita-nuova

Oh, I see, the physical copies will be released in April... I think I'll buy a CD later when it's available.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/26/2019 at 8:25 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Are there any Christine and the Queens fans here? I absolutely love Chris and her music. I first heard 'Tilted' while in the hairdressers and thought "Ooo this is different" and then I discovered her album Chaleur Humaine and was totally hooked! I have a thing for artists that can sing in other languages! I don't always understand the lyrics but I can really chill out to her music. My favourite music video of hers has to be 'Comme si', I mean c'mon it's so sexy! She's such a confident and unique artist, I'd love to see her live one day. I think she keeps a lot of her personal life private so I'm not sure if Chris is single but she is definitely my kind of woman! 😁 💙

Hopefully there'll be more new music soon.

moi elle est pansexuelle comme moi

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Georgia Lafayette said:

moi elle est pansexuelle comme moi

Hello and welcome Georgia! 

I love how open Chris is about her sexuality, she's an excellent role model and of course her music is awesome! 

She did quite a few covers over lock down, once I've got some time I'll pop the YouTube links here. 🙂

• 1 year later...
On 8/17/2020 at 1:52 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

once I've got some time I'll pop the YouTube links here. 🙂

I guess 1 1/2 year later I finally have time! 😅

(Is CJsoon the new Mikasoon? :lmfao:)

Cover of Highest in the Room (Travis Scott):

Cover of Heart of Gold (Neil Young):

And two new singles Chris released 4 months ago (both available to download/stream):

A cover of Freedom (George Micheal):

Comme l'oiseau:

Chris took a long break off social media a while back and has slowly come back to it now. She seems to be more active on Instagram rather than twitter though. I love the random photos she shares 💙

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 2/2/2022 at 4:19 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Comme l'oiseau:

I think this is actually my least favourite song :/ 

The slower mellody and choir vibe just isn't to my musical taste. I much prefer her more upbeat songs!

New collaboration with 070 Shake - Body

I don't like this either! I wouldn't have known it was a collab if I didn't see Chris credited as a singer, I can hardly hear her voice in this. :dunno:

Again just not to my taste...

Her Instagram posts though are hilarious! Anyone else seeing them?

Loving the vibes that 'Redcar' is giving. 🚗 🚘  😄

• 4 weeks later...

Completely missed that Chris had announced a new album release! It's out September 23rd and called 'Redcar Les Adorables Étoiles'.

20220720_194549.thumb.png.0630931bfcaab2953f6b20636ecc832c.png

Amazon Music says the album is 53 minutes long, but at the moment you can still only download her latest single, so hopefully there's more to come!

She's also doing a couples of concerts, one in Paris and one in London. Really wish I could go back down to London and see her but I blame Mika for taking all my money! 😅

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 7:46 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

couples of concerts, one in Paris

Correction Chris is doing two concerts in Paris, 22nd and 23rd September, I think tickets are still available too!

The London gig is sold out!

Edited by TinyLove_CJ

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2022 at 11:34 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

Correction Chris is doing two concerts in Paris, 22nd and 23rd September, I think tickets are still available too!

The London gig is sold out!

Unfortunately the Paris gigs have been postponed (now 9th and 10th November) and the London gig cancelled until further notice due to Red having a bad knee injury 🙁

This has also affected the album release which is now due on 11th November.

With this announcement I gather as well that the name Christine and the Queens may well be dropped. Redcar is now credited as the named artist of the album, and also refers to himself as Red.

Yes, HIMSELF, I don't know if there was an official announcement about coming out as male (or at least I didn't see one) but I noticed a week ago on Instagram that Red now has he/him in his bio and the newsletter emails I receive now also say HE. Makes me wonder if the new music will reflect what Red has gone/going through with his gender identity 🤔

Still can't wait for the album and I hope he recovers soon!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Unfortunately the Paris gigs have been postponed (now 9th and 10th November) and the London gig cancelled until further notice due to Red having a bad knee injury 🙁

This has also affected the album release which is now due on 11th November.

With this announcement I gather as well that the name Christine and the Queens may well be dropped. Redcar is now credited as the named artist of the album, and also refers to himself as Red.

Yes, HIMSELF, I don't know if there was an official announcement about coming out as male (or at least I didn't see one) but I noticed a week ago on Instagram that Red now has he/him in his bio and the newsletter emails I receive now also say HE. Makes me wonder if the new music will reflect what Red has gone/going through with his gender identity 🤔

Still can't wait for the album and I hope he recovers soon!

I think he did come out I saw that somewhere. I also wonder how that would affect his music. I hope he gets well soon and that the gigs can take place :pray: 

• Like 1