Songs you'd like to hear Mika cover

Hero

So, I was browsing the excellent thread of cover songs, and it set me thinking. Are there any songs that you would like to hear Mika cover? Maybe because of the technical challenge, or to hear his take on it, or just because it'd be freaking awesome! 

(Obviously this is a wishful thinking thread, I'm not taking requests on his behalf! We don't tell the master what to do. :wink2:

I'd love to hear his take on these:

*The Communards with Sarah Jane Morris - Don't leave me this way

*Take That - Shine

31 minutes ago, Hero said:

So, I was browsing the excellent thread of cover songs, and it set me thinking. Are there any songs that you would like to hear Mika cover? Maybe because of the technical challenge, or to hear his take on it, or just because it'd be freaking awesome! 

(Obviously this is a wishful thinking thread, I'm not taking requests on his behalf! We don't tell the master what to do. :wink2:

I'd love to hear his take on these:

*The Communards with Sarah Jane Morris - Don't leave me this way

*Take That - Shine

It would sound good this one in Mika's voice. 

• Like 1

Hi @Hero it's a nice thread. :wub2:

We know Mika respects David Bowie, he choose "Life On Mars" to his The Voice team twice.

Here is a bit clip of Mika singing that song for coaching Fabienne Della Moniqua and Akram Sedkaoui in 2014.

I'd like to listen Mika covers the whole of "Life On Mars" so much.

2014 The Voice Team MIKA

2019 The Voice Team MIKA

On 5/27/2017 at 1:47 AM, Kumazzz said:

Life On Mars ( David Bowie )

The Voice 3 (2014 ) Mika coaching Fabienne Della Moniqua and Akram Sedkaoui with Kylie Minogue.

VK MIKA : Life On Mars

their battle : https://vk.com/video232312753_167937294

and

Elle Men China in 2016

https://vk.com/video232312753_456239272

ORIGINAL

Bowie's Last LIVE performance : Rest in peace Mr.Bowie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, silver said:

I'd like to hear him sing the whole of True Colors (Cyndi Lauper).  He sang part of it with someone he was coaching on one of the talent shows.

Oh god yes, that would be incredible! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, silver said:

I'd like to hear him sing the whole of True Colors (Cyndi Lauper).  He sang part of it with someone he was coaching on one of the talent shows.

It's XFactor Italia 2013, Mika coaching Roberta Pompa.

Here is the Daily 12.

VK 2013.11.13 XF7-Daily_12

A part of Mika's True Colors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I want to hear him do a full cover of "Running (Lose it All)" by Beyonce and Naughty Boy. He sang a line or two from it when coaching Luca on X-factor and it gave me chills. . . I replayed those 15 seconds over and over and to hear him cover the entire song would be incredible. 

Video 

Edited by Eliza Ella
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Eliza Ella said:

I want to hear him do a full cover of "Running (Lose it All)" by Beyonce and Naughty Boy. He sang a line or two from it when coaching Luca on X-factor and it gave me chills. . . I replayed those 15 seconds over and over and to hear him cover the entire song would be incredible. 

Video 

Good choice, that sounded amazing! 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

How have I only come across this thread now?! I can't believe I missed it! 😲

I would love Mika to cover these songs:

> What About Us by P!nk, the song makes me think about Mika and Andy's relationship.

> Mountains (We Met) by Christine and the Queens, rather than just a cover I would love Mika to duet with Chris on this!!!

And this might seem like a silly one but I think with Mika it would really work, I'd like to hear him sing Call Me Maybe
by Carly Rae Jepsen! 😁

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2021 at 3:04 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

And this might seem like a silly one but I think with Mika it would really work, I'd like to hear him sing Call Me Maybe
by Carly Rae Jepsen! 😁

My daughter is currently listening to this song non stop. They have a cool playlist during lunch break at school and this one is the favourite of her and her friends! 

I am trying to imagine Mika singing it… he would make it so much fun for sure.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 8:44 AM, holdingyourdrink said:

I am trying to imagine Mika singing it… he would make it so much fun for sure.

I remember thinking the idea of Mika covering Journey's Don't Stop Believin' was a little strange but after listening to it, it definitely sounds more fun than the original. 

I was listening to one of my favourite songs yesterday, Feels Like I'm in Love by Kelly Marie

And I would love to hear Mika cover this! The chorus is a little repetitive so it would be nice if Mika changed it up a bit and added his own words. Again it might seem a strange cover but I think it could work!