2022 - Mika @ History, Toronto - 13 April 2022

Mikasister

9 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Yes! I am going! I was originally planning on Montreal, but things have changed, so Toronto actually works better!

I just have to book my flights! :)

I am probably going to arrive on the same day as the show, though, so won't be around to do anything the night before. But if it's not too late after the show, maybe we can do a drink or late-night snack!

I'm counting on this not being cancelled, Nancy! I'll probably get in around lunchtime -- not sure when I'll head to the queue. We'll see how the earlier shows go, I guess.

I’m excited to meet the legendary Deb!!! I hope to get to see you there. Definitely up to drinks AND snacks afterwards! 😊 

• Like 2

Hi everyone!!! I went to a show at History last night and the venue is AMAZING! The lighting is beautiful, the sound is great, and there's a ton of space for us to all dance and sing along. One thing I'd like to highlight is their current bag policy (which may change by the time of Mika's show): we were only allowed to bring very small clutches (4.5 by 6.5 in) OR clear/transparent bags to avoid physical content during security. I'll be going to the concert alone but I'll be driving so if anyone would like to keep their stuff in my car, please send me a PM! I may just ask you to split the parking fee with me, so the more the merrier~

I would also love to join for after-show snacks if I can. :D

Edited by eyedimple
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! Long time Mika fan here (going back a good 15 years now I think?) And this is my first Mika concert! The venue looks awesome and personal, but I'm curious as to how many tickets have sold. Mika isn't super popular here in Ontario like he is in Europe, and I'm trying to get an idea of when to queue as I'm coming in from Ottawa. 

Also, I'm driving and parking, so I'm more than happy to store personal items in my trunk for anyone during the concert!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxtrot144 said:

Hey all! Long time Mika fan here (going back a good 15 years now I think?) And this is my first Mika concert! The venue looks awesome and personal, but I'm curious as to how many tickets have sold. Mika isn't super popular here in Ontario like he is in Europe, and I'm trying to get an idea of when to queue as I'm coming in from Ottawa. 

Also, I'm driving and parking, so I'm more than happy to store personal items in my trunk for anyone during the concert!

Nice to meet you. I'm happy for you that you can finally see Mika in concert. Unfortunately, I can't tell you the best time to queue either, because I'm European, but I'm also going to the concerts in New York and Boston, so afterwards I'll probably have a better idea of the best time to start queuing in Toronto.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Foxtrot144 said:

:welcomeani:

I'll be going to Toronto, but I'm sitting at a table, so won't be queuing. (queueing?) I hear the weather in Toronto has been pretty cold recently, so I hope for all your sakes no one decides to queue crazy-early!

Looking forward to meeting you @Foxtrot144

• Like 2

On 3/28/2022 at 4:35 PM, dcdeb said:

:welcomeani:

I'll be going to Toronto, but I'm sitting at a table, so won't be queuing. (queueing?) I hear the weather in Toronto has been pretty cold recently, so I hope for all your sakes no one decides to queue crazy-early!

Looking forward to meeting you @Foxtrot144

The weather today is especially warm so I'm hoping we'll undergo a true rite of spring before Mika comes with his :wink2:

@Foxtrot144 The venue is quite spacious! I only started queuing about half an hour before doors opened at a concert there in March, and I still had a great view. 

• Like 1

I’ll be travelling into the city after work, so I won’t have much time to queue before the doors open at 7:00. I’m hoping to get there by 6:00 ish?  I’m sure traffic will be awful. 

Also, any word if there will be an opening act?

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I’ll be staying about a 10 minute walk from the venue. If you get there too early and want a place to crash or use the facilities before walking there let me know! 😊 Can’t do much about parking but if you need a quick place to freshen up, that I can do! 

Also, I hope Mika gets better soon. 😔 

• Like 4

Just realizing if the rest of the tour happens, Mika will have 3 shows 3 nights in a row. I don’t think that is humanly possible. There is going to have to be more rescheduling or cancellations I think. 

Imagine the stress he is feeling right now over all of this?  Such awful timing to get sick 🙁 Poor Mika. 

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, NancylovesM said:

Just realizing if the rest of the tour happens, Mika will have 3 shows 3 nights in a row. I don’t think that is humanly possible. There is going to have to be more rescheduling or cancellations I think. 

Imagine the stress he is feeling right now over all of this?  Such awful timing to get sick 🙁 Poor Mika. 

New schedule just came out! 

576FA3DC-8B73-41CF-9F3B-6F8B38AE687D.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cantarelika said:

Hi everyone!

I used to lurk around here a few years back, but this is my first time posting. Mika was the first singer I was ever a fan of, I've dreamed of going to one of his concerts since 12 years old, and even though I had tickets to his 2020 show here that got cancelled by the pandemic, I only found out yesterday that he's going to be in Toronto ... - next week!!! Be still my beating heart :yikes:

I've been debating whether or not to go. Because I was a little worried, I don't know any other Mika fans, and going to a concert on your own can be intimidating. But seeing that so many friendly people are going is making me a little more inclined to buy a ticket. I haven't done so yet as I'm still a little anxious, but ahhh, I still can't help but be excited for it next week to come anyway!

First of all :welcomeani:

Secondly.. do it! There will be quite a few fans from MFC there, including me! Unfortunately, I'll basically be in and out very quickly so won't have time to do any kind of meet-up, but maybe other fans will do something... or there is always hanging out in the queue!

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

How long are Mika’s shows? I wish they would las forever, tbh. 😂 

I’m just wondering if maybe is anyone up for getting together post show? There’s a pub at the corner of the History called Murphy’s Law (hopefully it doesn’t live up to its name 😂

But if anyone wants to show up maybe we should do reservations? Idk, just toying with the idea! Would love some feedback ☺️

also how common is it for Mika to see fans after a show? None? It’s my first show too… or ever close to this wonderful being 😂Kate Spade GIF by kate spade new york

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wiredbycoffee said:

Hi everyone,

How long are Mika’s shows? I wish they would las forever, tbh. 😂 

I’m just wondering if maybe is anyone up for getting together post show? There’s a pub at the corner of the History called Murphy’s Law (hopefully it doesn’t live up to its name 😂

But if anyone wants to show up maybe we should do reservations? Idk, just toying with the idea! Would love some feedback ☺️

I’d love to go for a drink after the show. Not sure how late things will be open on a Wednesday night though, but count me in (and my husband as well, who has no choice) 😁

Maybe since we have the power of @dcdeb in this thread, she might have more insight into how long the show might be, or if there’s a chance of seeing him after the show??

I don’t see any info about an opening act. Maybe there isn’t one?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NancylovesM said:

I’ll be there in the queue as well. If you go, don’t be shy to introduce yourself. I’ll be the one with the big curly hair and a husband that has been obviously dragged there. Ha ha. 

Omg my fiancé is being dragged to this show too 😂 although he got me into Mika. His fault! 

i will also have curly hair! 🤣 can’t wait to see you! Hopefully I can make the queue! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NancylovesM said:

I’d love to go for a drink after the show. Not sure how late things will be open on a Wednesday night though, but count me in (and my husband as well, who has no choice) 😁

Maybe since we have the power of @dcdeb in this thread, she might have more insight into how long the show might be, or if there’s a chance of seeing him after the show??

I don’t see any info about an opening act. Maybe there isn’t one?

I saw that it closes at midnight! Last reservation is at 11:00 PM :) I keep forgetting this show is on a Wednesday. It feels like a weekend sized celebration! Dance Party Dancing GIF

• Haha 2

The Gull & Firkin is another 10 minute walk east on Queen St. It's open until 1 am which might be a bit more realistic if you want to wait outside the venue for Mika. Most of the time I would expect to see him but I don't know how much he'll be able to interact with fans during covid times. 

Historically we haven't had much luck seeing him after shows in Toronto. He seems to focus on seeing people in NYC and Montreal. But you never know.

• Like 2

I am curly haired too and will be there with my dragged husband, who also got me into Mika in the first place :lmfao: We got seated tickets as we are working that day and have to pick up the kids from school and get them all set up before we head down (coming from Vaughan), but I am so looking forward to it :cheer:and a little nervous too, this will be my first Mika concert! Unfortunately have to head back home right after the show (work and kids going to school the next morning...). See you all there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2022 at 7:48 AM, cantarelika said:

I am from Toronto, and I definitely will! Oh wow, you're from Texas?

Yes! Close to the butt of Texas 😂 I’m from Laredo and my fiancé is from Ottawa! Ill see you at the queue! Let us know if you want to hang out after the show. Im Ana! 😊

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 6:47 AM, Christine said:

The Gull & Firkin is another 10 minute walk east on Queen St. It's open until 1 am which might be a bit more realistic if you want to wait outside the venue for Mika. Most of the time I would expect to see him but I don't know how much he'll be able to interact with fans during covid times. 

Historically we haven't had much luck seeing him after shows in Toronto. He seems to focus on seeing people in NYC and Montreal. But you never know.

I’ll check The Gull and Franklin! Thank you so much for your suggestion! If you want to hang out post the show let me know! 

But I’ll also shoot my shot to try to see him after the show. I know Toronto doesn’t have the size of the fan base as the other venues but it would be nice to get to have the same interaction as the rest. 😅 one can hope! 

• Like 1