2022 - Mika @ History, Toronto - 13 April 2022

Mikasister

On 4/7/2022 at 8:57 AM, Maha J said:

I am curly haired too and will be there with my dragged husband, who also got me into Mika in the first place :lmfao: We got seated tickets as we are working that day and have to pick up the kids from school and get them all set up before we head down (coming from Vaughan), but I am so looking forward to it :cheer:and a little nervous too, this will be my first Mika concert! Unfortunately have to head back home right after the show (work and kids going to school the next morning...). See you all there!

Omg I’m sensing a theme here! LOL! Maybe during the show someone could yell out “can the curly haired girls who dragged their husbands to the show please stand up” 🤣

Hopefully I’ll see you there! ☺️

• Haha 2

On 4/6/2022 at 10:21 PM, wiredbycoffee said:

Hi everyone,

How long are Mika’s shows? I wish they would las forever, tbh. 😂 

I’m just wondering if maybe is anyone up for getting together post show? There’s a pub at the corner of the History called Murphy’s Law (hopefully it doesn’t live up to its name 😂

But if anyone wants to show up maybe we should do reservations? Idk, just toying with the idea! Would love some feedback ☺️

also how common is it for Mika to see fans after a show? None? It’s my first show too… or ever close to this wonderful being 😂Kate Spade GIF by kate spade new york

Mika's shows typically run about 90 minutes -- not more than two hours. I think the Revelation Tour was something like 17 songs most nights? But I'm not sure we can rely on that -- he could surprise us and go longer! :making-a-wish:

How common is it for Mika to see fans after a show? It used to be not only common, but usual.

However, in recent times it's been a lot more sporadic. And in these pandemic times, who knows? So much depends on how he feels, whether he has any press or other commitments, whether the crowd is unruly, lots of factors. So we live in hope and wait for him to come out after the show. Then after a while Security usually says, "Oh, he's gone already," or "No, he's not coming out." And we don't believe them and wait some more because we know they're usually lying. :teehee:  But sometimes they're actually telling the truth and he really has snuck out another exit and we don't see him. 

But if he DOES comes out, he won't pose for photos (although you can take them as he's moving around), but he'll sign and chat and will usually stay to talk to everyone, unless there are several hundred people as there were in Paris.

On 4/6/2022 at 10:32 PM, NancylovesM said:

I’d love to go for a drink after the show. Not sure how late things will be open on a Wednesday night though, but count me in (and my husband as well, who has no choice) 😁

Maybe since we have the power of @dcdeb in this thread, she might have more insight into how long the show might be, or if there’s a chance of seeing him after the show??

I don’t see any info about an opening act. Maybe there isn’t one?

Nancy, you made me laugh out loud -- "the power of dcdeb"? :roftl:

Anyhow, it seems like there are DJ's for some of the other gigs -- Brooklyn has Ty Sunderland, which wasn't advertised until just recently. The three French-Canadian gigs were supposed to have someone named Klo Pelag. So I am assuming there will be some kind of opening act in Toronto, even if it's not advertised. But I suppose we could be surprised. :dunno:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, wiredbycoffee said:

I’ll check The Gull and Franklin! Thank you so much for your suggestion! If you want to hang out post the show let me know! 

But I’ll also shoot my shot to try to see him after the show. I know Toronto doesn’t have the size of the fan base as the other venues but it would be nice to get to have the same interaction as the rest. 😅 one can hope! 

We'll probably be hanging around after the show so I'm sure we'll see you. Have a safe trip next week!

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 8:47 PM, cantarelika said:

Hi everyone!

I used to lurk around here a few years back, but this is my first time posting. Mika was the first singer I was ever a fan of, I've dreamed of going to one of his concerts since 12 years old, and even though I had tickets to his 2020 show here that got cancelled by the pandemic, I only found out yesterday that he's going to be in Toronto ... - next week!!! Be still my beating heart :yikes:

I've been debating whether or not to go. Because I was a little worried, I don't know any other Mika fans, and going to a concert on your own can be intimidating. But seeing that so many friendly people are going is making me a little more inclined to buy a ticket. I haven't done so yet as I'm still a little anxious, but ahhh, I still can't help but be excited for next week to come anyway!

I'll be going by myself too!! I'm hoping I can find other MFCers in line and we can buddy up before we get into the show. I'll be the shortie in a rainbow shirt and denim jacket with my MFC buttons. :cloud:

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, cantarelika said:

Welp- bought my ticket!! :wootjump:

SO EXCITED..... Have been waiting for this moment for so many years. Omg. Does anyone possibly have any clues as to the setlist, or is that more night-by-night?

I'm not sure what identifiers to use, but if you see me in line please feel free to say hi, I have long dark wavy hair, in my 20s, will probably be in a black coat, my name is Sarika!~

You could always wear an MFC badge - that would help other fans find you :wink2:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cantarelika said:

Does anyone possibly have any clues as to the setlist, or is that more night-by-night?

the only clue we have so far is the "tracklist T-Shirt" from his merch store. :dunno_grin: I suppose that's the core setlist and he'll add other songs,  which might change for each gig or not... Probably the setlist of the NY gig will be posted after the show, that could give some more clues.

277660478_5141061309342473_1826795190672

• Like 3

Since we're only a few days away, I'd like to kindly remind everyone of the venue's bag policy:

"To reduce staff contact with guest belongings, we have implemented the following bag policy : we will allow clear plastic, vinyl or PVC tote bags no larger than 12”x6”12” and/or small clutch bags (4’5” x 6.5”)."

If anyone would like to keep stuff in my trunk or needs a ride to the nearest subway station after the show, please PM me!! I'd be happy to help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, eyedimple said:

f anyone would like to keep stuff in my trunk or needs a ride to the nearest subway station after the show, please PM me!! I'd be happy to help.

Very kind offer. I’m going to just have a phone in my pocket and a credit card in my bra. Done  

Hopefully they let us bring a flower in?

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 1:28 PM, eyedimple said:

If anyone would like to keep stuff in my trunk or needs a ride to the nearest subway station after the show, please PM me!! I'd be happy to help.

I love this! Although I have friends in t.o that are saying car break ins are a real problem right now, so be careful if a bunch of us are all holding valuables in one car! 

I'm going with my cousin - I'll be the big girl with the shirt that says "Big girl saved me" designed like the dodgy holiday album ❤️ if any mfc'r see me before or after the show say hi!! I'd love to make some Mika friends, as I am the only one I know who is a fan. 

• Like 4

I'm not a curly haired girl (I've straight hair) and I don't have a husband dragged wit me (:teehee:) but nevertheless I would like to join you. If you're queuing you'll probably meet me there. :original:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Prisca said:

I'm not a curly haired girl (I've straight hair) and I don't have a husband dragged wit me (:teehee:) but nevertheless I would like to join you. If you're queuing you'll probably meet me there. :original:

Yes!!!! I’ll be wearing a black tench with a pink long sleeve. 5’1 with curly hair! 

see you at the queue! 

• Like 2

On 4/12/2022 at 8:19 AM, wiredbycoffee said:

Yes!!!! I’ll be wearing a black tench with a pink long sleeve. 5’1 with curly hair! 

see you at the queue! 

I'm wearing a white coat, jeans and sneaker with graffiti pattern.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Prisca said:

By the way, I think the time of the concert indicated here is wrong. At Ticketmaster it says 7pm. :dunno_grin:

The email that Ticketmaster sent yesterday states doors at 7, a DJ at 8, and MIKA at 9!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Made it into Toronto, planning to queue around 5:15 so we can get as close as we can to the stage. Super excited!! I'll be wearing a custom Mika shirt with MFC on the lower back, if you see me say hi, my name is Kate! 

• Like 2