MIKA at The Philharmonie de PARIS on TV

Kumazzz

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2022 at 3:37 AM, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeoeyHplhGG/

mikainstagram

The Paris Philharmonic concert was an incredible moment for me last year and I’m thrilled to announce it will now be broadcast in the US! Those in NYC, tune in to @PBS on @thirteenwnet at 9pm tonight to catch the show, with more broadcasts to come! #PhilharmoniedeParis presented by @Indeedworks

THIRTEEN Specials

Mika - Live at the Paris Philharmonic

Special | 56m 50s

This program features singer-songwriter Mika at the world-renowned concert space, Le Philharmonie de Paris, joined by a full orchestra, choral singers and various special guests.

1. Toy Boy
  2. Underwater
  3. Boum Boum Boum
  4. I Went Hell Last Night
  5. Les Beziers Perdus
  6. Blue
  7. Happy Ending
  8. Origin Of Love
  9. Relax Take It Easy
  10. Elle Me Dit
  11. Grace Kelly
  12. Love Today

Here is the beginning of this DIGEST version.

Dailymotion

➡ https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8d0gr9

PASSWORD - MFC

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Every time I see small clips of the Philharmonic concerts it warps me back to the moment Mika appeared on stage. The whole setting and ambiance took my breath away. I couldn’t move for the first act, it was completely mesmerizing. 

Maybe it was also because it was the second time I had seen him, ever :wink2: I’m very different at concerts now :biggrin2: then again, philharmonic concerts aren’t suitable to get up and dance, unless it’s Elle Me Dit at the end of the second night!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Every time I see small clips of the Philharmonic concerts it warps me back to the moment Mika appeared on stage. The whole setting and ambiance took my breath away. I couldn’t move for the first act, it was completely mesmerizing. 

I watched last night the whole concert again and it still has the same impact on me, I remember all the feelings :wub2:  

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

PBS ( The New York City public TV station )

THIRTEEN

https://www.thirteen.org/schedule/?program=46909

• Thu Oct 20 10:00 pm - Mika - Live at the Paris Philharmonie

FRONT & CENTER

https://www.thirteen.org/schedule/?program=30577

NJ PBS

• Sun Oct 23 11:00 pm - Mika Live at the Paris Philharmonie

WLIW21

• Sat Oct 29 11:30 pm - Mika Live at the Paris Philharmonie
On 10/12/2022 at 5:50 AM, Kumazzz said:

THIRTEEN

558500072_THIRTEEN-NewYorkPublicMedia.thumb.png.4b458d848d94376c507a9e6cbe71877c.png

FRONT & CENTER

NJ PBS

WLIW21

pbs.thumb.jpg.ce330887e5d600abf56a3278925799f2.jpg

• Like 2

I've watched several of the videos of the Paris concert on Instagram that show moments that seem much more informal (with a lot of audience participation) than the official performance broadcast on TV. Was this the second evening? Was there less formality throughout the second evening ( I guess with no official filming)?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SusanT said:

I've watched several of the videos of the Paris concert on Instagram that show moments that seem much more informal (with a lot of audience participation) than the official performance broadcast on TV. Was this the second evening? Was there less formality throughout the second evening ( I guess with no official filming)?

The first concert has been recorded for the French TV. So we (and Mika) were more strict. No filming, no getting up ect. Mika had to be more concentrate.

The second day Mika was more relaxed and and you can see this on the videos. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SusanT said:

The videos you saw were most probably from the encore (Elle Me Dit), that is where the public ran up to the front of the stage. It was also the only song where this was done, with the official concert everyone was seated. 

The first night it was actually quite tense! Haha. We weren’t sure if we were allowed to clap or sing along, knowing it would be filmed for French TV. I had heard that Simon LeClerc was very strict during the first symphonic concerts he did with Mika a few years ago, where too much noise from the public was not allowed/frowned upon. Also Mika was very tense, he had a strict schedule (he would later (after the concert) tune in live for The Voice finals who were that same night!) and I guess the pressure of it being recorded for TV. 

The second night he was a lot more relaxed, as was the public. So there was more audience participation like you had already mentioned. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SusanT said:

What you see on the official recording it's a processed version, actually they cut a lot of the standing ovations from the first evening. Maybe the atmosphere have been a bit more relaxed the second night, but the audience was very warm both nights, that's for sure :wink2:  It's always heartwarming to see the audience's reaction after Happy Ending :wub2:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

The videos you saw were most probably from the encore (Elle Me Dit), that is where the public ran up to the front of the stage. It was also the only song where this was done, with the official concert everyone was seated. 

The first night it was actually quite tense! Haha. We weren’t sure if we were allowed to clap or sing along, knowing it would be filmed for French TV. I had heard that Simon LeClerc was very strict during the first symphonic concerts he did with Mika a few years ago, where too much noise from the public was not allowed/frowned upon. Also Mika was very tense, he had a strict schedule (he would later (after the concert) tune in live for The Voice finals who were that same night!) and I guess the pressure of it being recorded for TV. 

The second night he was a lot more relaxed, as was the public. So there was more audience participation like you had already mentioned. 

It looked like everyone was having a lot of fun 😊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SusanT said:

I think most of us (and Mika) knew we didn't have to "behave" so  everyone was more relaxed and Mika allowed us a lot more interaction as he clapped in his hands to let us know we could too...on the first night we were trying hard not to danse or get up or clap or cheer...I cried a lot more on the first night but no way to dance...on the second one we all knew there was no recording and no The Voice final for Mika so at the end it was a lot more like a regular Mika concert :lmfao:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I think most of us (and Mika) knew we didn't have to "behave" so  everyone was more relaxed and Mika allowed us a lot more interaction as he clapped in his hands to let us know we could too...on the first night we were trying hard not to danse or get up or clap or cheer...I cried a lot more on the first night but no way to dance...on the second one we all knew there was no recording and no The Voice final for Mika so at the end it was a lot more like a regular Mika concert :lmfao:

Hope Mika does another concert with an orchestra! 

On 10/22/2022 at 2:44 AM, Kumazzz said:

THIRTEEN

FRONT & CENTER

NJ PBS

WLIW21

On 8/13/2022 at 9:29 AM, Kumazzz said:

THIRTEEN Specials

Mika - Live at the Paris Philharmonic

Special | 56m 50s

This program features singer-songwriter Mika at the world-renowned concert space, Le Philharmonie de Paris, joined by a full orchestra, choral singers and various special guests.

1. Toy Boy
  2. Underwater
  3. Boum Boum Boum
  5. Les Baisers Perdus 
  6. Blue
  7. Happy Ending
  8. Origin Of Love
  9. Relax Take It Easy
  10. Elle Me Dit
  11. Grace Kelly
  12. Love Today

Here is the beginning of this DIGEST version.

Dailymotion

➡ https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8d0gr9

PASSWORD - MFC

FRONT & CENTER

Official YouTube

1. Toy Boy
  2. Underwater
  3. Boum Boum Boum
  5. Les Baisers Perdus 
  6. Blue
  7. Happy Ending
  8. Origin Of Love
  9. Relax Take It Easy
  10. Elle Me Dit
  11. Grace Kelly
  12. Love Today

Edited by Kumazzz
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

FRONT & CENTER

Official YouTube

1. Toy Boy
  2. Underwater
  3. Boum Boum Boum
  5. Les Beziers Perdus
  6. Blue
  7. Happy Ending
  8. Origin Of Love
  9. Relax Take It Easy
  10. Elle Me Dit
  11. Grace Kelly
  12. Love Today

Les baisers perdus 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Philharmonie de Paris

ON DEMANDE

https://pad.philharmoniedeparis.fr/doc/CIMU/1134454/mika-philharmonique-orchestre-national-d-ile-de-france-choeur-stella-maris-simon-leclerc

Concert vidéo

Mika Philharmonique.

Orchestre national d'Île-de-France - Choeur Stella Maris - Simon Leclerc

Concert enregistré à la Philharmonie de Paris (Grande salle Pierre Boulez - Philharmonie) le 23 octobre 2021

Réalisation : François Goetghebeur

1h 31 min 59

PDF file ( 1.2 MB ) CMTN000352400_01.pdf

CMTN000352400_01_page-0001.thumb.jpg.e6217ffb38ad41a7346ea228b012b0fe.jpg

image.thumb.png.fb94f369f6e78d6b6c7747ca85df2f4b.png

• Like 2