Mika in Belgian Press 2022 / 2023 / 2024

Kumazzz

19 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

You told us recently that your return is a tribute to your mother Joannie, who died in 2021 of brain cancer...

"It is a tribute to what she has transmitted to me for good and for worse. She trained me from a very young age. There was a lot of love, but also pressure and expectation. She always said that the enemy was mediocrity. It was hard to live with it all the time. In reality, she gave me a key to freedom.

To be raised with such pressure and expectation, takes a strong person to make sense of it and give it a meaningful place in life. The lingering danger lies in that it‘s sometimes hard to be content with the ordinary if you can’t be or have the extraordinary. Which ultimately is an incredibly subjective scale.

(Or maybe I’m just projecting…)

Love the on point questions in this interview, especially this one:

38 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

With this album that allows your fans to enter your childhood, we have the impression that you have suffered a lot. What was the hardest fight of your youth? Loves? The career? Life in general?

"The hardest fight? It's a beautiful question... This profession isolates, it hardens you. Sometimes, you lose that amazed look at the life around you. And your heart is getting heavier. It flies less. It is a huge challenge to stay light. As my song says, the key to happiness is in a head that blooms because it always has ideas. She asks herself questions. She remains curious. The solution is there."

I think it’s the quintessence of the album and I am glad this interviewer recognized it and asked him this question. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C22myJUtQ14/

belrtl

Le chanteur Mika est l’invité de bel RTL tout ce week-end 🎶

👉 Il se confie dans « Les moments de ma vie » avec Sandrine Dans 🎙

insta-save.net_InstagramPost_belrtl_3293990749220441464.jpeg

He's wearing the same jacket as on his Belgium trip in early December, so that might have been prerecorded then as well. 

I've moved this to Belgian press.

• Thanks 1

• mellody changed the title to Mika in Belgian Press 2022 / 2023 / 2024