2023 - Mika @ Beach Festival Nieuwpoort, Belgium, 5 August

Mikasister

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpKN-4gsDCa/

ticketmasterbeglium

NU TE KOOP: tickets voor Beach Festival met Zara Larsson, Mika, Suzan & Freek, Starsailor, Billy Ocean, Arsenal, Noordkaap en meer!

📆 04 & 05.08.23 | Maritiem Park, Nieuwpoort
🎫 Info & tickets via onze #linkinbio

332979648_738731514263572_7863374951696859764_n.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mikasister said:

ticketmasterbeglium

NU TE KOOP: tickets voor Beach Festival met Zara Larsson, Mika, Suzan & Freek, Starsailor, Billy Ocean, Arsenal, Noordkaap en meer!

Mika in Belgium!!!! He can practice his Dutch again, I AM SO EXCITED!!! 

I saw that he is not mentioned yet on the official website. And it’s not clear what date he is going to be there, either. So I just wrote them under the post asking for this. To be continued! 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I saw that he is not mentioned yet on the official website. And it’s not clear what date he is going to be there, either. So I just wrote them under the post asking for this. To be continued! 

They have replied on my comment on Instagram, saying they are indeed waiting for Mika’s confirmation. So we have to wait! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, holdingyourdrink said:

They have replied on my comment on Instagram, saying they are indeed waiting for Mika’s confirmation. So we have to wait! 

Ah, so we'll know Mikasoon. :mf_rosetinted: Anyway, if it's true, the dates are getting closer to his birthday. :biggrin2:

Is that the same beach festival in Belgium where he was last year?

23 minutes ago, mellody said:

Ah, so we'll know Mikasoon. :mf_rosetinted: Anyway, if it's true, the dates are getting closer to his birthday. :biggrin2:

Is that the same beach festival in Belgium where he was last year?

It’s a different festival, but it’s not too far away from Knokke-Heist where he was last year. This one is more to the south: pretty much exactly between Knokke and Calais. 

Edited by holdingyourdrink
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mikasister said:

ticketmasterbeglium

Crikey, Billy Ocean?? I didn't know he was still in the biz. 

Beach fest! Time to sand dance. Less likely to be rained on in August too, unlike last June in Zeebrugge. :lol3:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Will Mika just sing for about an hour or will it be a complete show? And it's standing only, right?

It is a standing gig. I am not sure if there is only one stage, since there are 7 artists lined up for that day. Mika will be last. 

If it’s just one stage it’s going to be a loooong day. But if they start in the afternoon it’s still possible they all do a full set. Who knows. 

18 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

It is a standing gig. I am not sure if there is only one stage, since there are 7 artists lined up for that day. Mika will be last. 

If it’s just one stage it’s going to be a loooong day. But if they start in the afternoon it’s still possible they all do a full set. Who knows. 

Plus if he's on last, he might have the option of running over with an extra song or two. Unless there's a noise curfew if it's a residential area. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hero said:

Plus if he's on last, he might have the option of running over with an extra song or two. Unless there's a noise curfew if it's a residential area. 

It unfortunately is. But they may have a permit to go longer as an exception, not sure how that works in Belgium. I believe normal noise curfew is until midnight. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hero said:

Might be worth emailing the organisers, to see if they know roughly when Mika would be on stage? Not 100% but could give you an idea. 

I will send them an email asking:

- when doors open 

- if there is only one or two stages (considering the line up)

- if they will play a full set

- at what time Mika’s set is supposed to be

• Like 3

Just now, holdingyourdrink said:

I will send them an email asking:

- when doors open 

- if there is only one or two stages (considering the line up)

- if they will play a full set

- at what time Mika’s set is supposed to be

FAQ:

- doors open 11am and close midnight! So I don’t need to ask about that anymore. 

• Like 1

Just a heads up, there are some reviews in Google of previous festivals here. The gigs are generally praised as good, but they criticise the poor event organisation - people citing 40 minute queues for the ladies toilet 😬, over an hour queuing for food, line management at entry not good, letting in more people than the grounds are supposed to hold, and restricted tram availability to get back to lodgings afterwards, with the few running being overcrowded, causing safety issues on the platforms.

Hopefully they've taken steps to improve it, but might be good to be aware in case anyone wants to take alternative measures. Like, I dunno, arrange group taxis and invest in a She-wee? :biggrin2:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2023 at 9:23 PM, Viviane said:

Hi! Anyone wants to meet up

for the festival on Saturday to watch Mika? 😊😊😊

Hi! Yeah that would be nice. I haven't planned my trip yet, so I don't know when I'll be there, but I'm sure I can meet in the afternoon. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 4:51 PM, Bren said:

Hi! Yeah that would be nice. I haven't planned my trip yet, so I don't know when I'll be there, but I'm sure I can meet in the afternoon. 

That would be great!!!let me know😊would be fun😉