2023 - Mika @ Piano City Milano Festival, 17 May REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Kumazzz

7 hours ago, Chiara 83 said:

Hi everyone, I would like to spend few words on this magical intimate event. Firstly I privately thanked my friend who gave me her ticket and transferred it to me on the Dice App. Without her, I wouldn't have attended this gig. Then I want to thank the MFCers who shared with me this lovely day in Milan.

It's the first time I've attended an acoustic show by Mika (piano-voice) so to me this experience was really special.

Compared to a "regular" concert, he played the piano a lot more, sometimes together with Vincent, sometimes alone.

He made a brief introduction to thank the sky because it had finally stopped raining and then he started to sing.

I loved the new piano arrangements he and Vincent made for Lollipop, Ice Cream, the Origin of love, Elle me dit, Relax and Underwater. And I was so grateful that he sang Toy Boy, Blue, Over my shoulder and No place in heaven. These songs contributed to make the concert even more emotional and intense.

Of course he ended the gig with Grace Kelly and thanked the audience and Piano city for the invitation.

In conclusion I can say that I felt really privileged to be there and I really hope he will make more acoustic shows in the future, possibly open to a larger audience.

I made some videos but I have to check their quality. In case it's acceptable I will post something here.

:mikalove:

I am having some issues uploading the entire videos so I will share some extracts of the songs he sings less often. Toy boy, Over my shoulder, No place in heaven and Blue💙 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

PIANO CITY CONTROVERSY

I don't mean to bring the mood down, but if you are active at all on social media, you may have seen some accusations being thrown around about certain MFC fan behavior at this Piano City concert. I have been urged to address the situation to lay some of the rumors to rest.

First of all, I will remind you all that I wasn't there, so I can't know for 100% certain exactly what happened. I am relying on first-hand reports from fans who were at the concert.

Those accused of bad behavior claim they did nothing wrong. Others tell me that the reports on Twitter, etc., are somewhat exaggerated. I would like to believe everyone, but clearly that's not possible as the reports are so conflicting. I am sure the truth lies somewhere in between "all bad" and "all good."

So as it is impossible for me to know what the truth is, I am not going to name names, or condemn anyone.

But wherever the truth lies, I CAN condemn the alleged behavior: I do not condone and will not tolerate anyone misrepresenting themselves as an "official" MFC representative in order to receive special treatment or obtain advantages over other fans. That is not what the MFC is for. If I ever determine this has happened, what can I do? I'm not the police, I'm not a "higher power" -- you will have to live with your own conscience. But I can ban you from this fan club, and I can give your names to Mika's team and let them know that you are not a person of integrity. And then they can do with that information whatever they deem appropriate.

We have worked hard over the past 16+ years to build a good relationship with Mika and his team, and to cultivate a good reputation for this fan club. We are determined to maintain that relationship and reputation, but stories like this one, whether true or not, tarnish our reputation and give amunition to those who like to drag the MFC down at every opportunity. (Yes, there are those who like to do that; no, I don't know why.)

For those who need a refresher, here are our guidelines, in multiple languages:

https://www.mikafanclub.com/mika-fan-club-guidelines/

I will update the guidelines to state clearly that we will not tolerate such misrepresentation - I thought most people would understand that without my having to state it explicitly.

I hope that this clarifies my position, and that this matter is now closed. I do not want anyone to use this thread now to point fingers, defend themselves, or argue any of the points. If we see posts like that they will be deleted and the thread will be closed. If you have anything further to say about this matter, please write to me privately. Thanks.

------------------------

PIANO CITTA' CONTROVERSIA

Non intendo abbattere l'umore, ma se siete attivo sui social media, potreste aver visto alcune accuse lanciate su un certo comportamento dei fan di MFC a questo concerto di Piano City. Sono stato invitato ad affrontare la situazione per mettere a tacere alcune delle voci.

Prima di tutto, vi ricorderò che io non c'ero, quindi non posso sapere con certezza al 100% esattamente cosa sia successo. Mi baso sui resoconti di prima mano dei fan che erano al concerto.

Coloro che sono accusati di cattiva condotta affermano di non aver fatto nulla di male. Altri mi dicono che le segnalazioni su Twitter, ecc., sono un po' esagerate. Vorrei credere a tutti, ma chiaramente non è possibile perché i rapporti sono così contrastanti. Sono sicuro che la verità sta da qualche parte tra "tutto male" e "tutto bene".

Quindi, poiché è impossibile per me sapere quale sia la verità, non farò nomi né condannerò nessuno.

Ma dovunque stia la verità, POSSO condannare il presunto comportamento:  non tollererò nessuno che si presenti in modo ingannevole come rappresentante "ufficiale" di MFC per ricevere un trattamento speciale o ottenere vantaggi rispetto ad altri fan. Non è a questo che serve l'MFC.

Se dovessi stabilire che ciò è accaduto, cosa posso fare? Non sono la polizia, non sono un "potere superiore" -- dovrai convivere con la tua coscienza. Ma posso bandirti da questo fan club, e posso dare i tuoi nomi alla squadra di Mika e far sapere loro che non sei una persona integerrima. E poi possono fare con quelle informazioni tutto ciò che ritengono opportuno.

Abbiamo lavorato negli ultimi 16+ anni per costruire un buon rapporto con Mika e il suo team e per coltivare una buona reputazione per questo fan club. Siamo determinati a mantenere quel rapporto e quella reputazione, ma storie come questa, vere o no, offuscano la nostra reputazione e danno munizioni a coloro a cui piace trascinare l'MFC in ogni occasione. (Sì, ci sono quelli a cui piace farlo; no, non so perché.)

Per coloro che hanno bisogno di un aggiornamento, ecco le nostre linee guida, in più lingue:

https://www.mikafanclub.com/mika-fan-club-guidelines/

Aggiornerò le linee guida per affermare chiaramente che non tollereremo tali false dichiarazioni - pensavo che la maggior parte delle persone lo avrebbe capito senza che dovessi dichiararlo esplicitamente.

Spero che questo chiarisca la mia posizione e che la questione sia ora chiusa. Non voglio che nessuno usi questo thread ora per puntare il dito, difendersi o discutere nessuno dei punti. Se vediamo post del genere, verranno cancellati e il thread verrà chiuso. Se hai altro da dire su questo argomento, scrivimi in privato. Grazie.

• Like 11

13 hours ago, Chiara 83 said:

Hi everyone, I would like to spend few words on this magical intimate event. Firstly I privately thanked my friend who gave me her ticket and transferred it to me on the Dice App. Without her, I wouldn't have attended this gig. Then I want to thank the MFCers who shared with me this lovely day in Milan.

It's the first time I've attended an acoustic show by Mika (piano-voice) so to me this experience was really special.

Compared to a "regular" concert, he played the piano a lot more, sometimes together with Vincent, sometimes alone.

He made a brief introduction to thank the sky because it had finally stopped raining and then he started to sing.

I loved the new piano arrangements he and Vincent made for Lollipop, Ice Cream, the Origin of love, Elle me dit, Relax and Underwater. And I was so grateful that he sang Toy Boy, Blue, Over my shoulder and No place in heaven. These songs contributed to make the concert even more emotional and intense.

Of course he ended the gig with Grace Kelly and thanked the audience and Piano city for the invitation.

In conclusion I can say that I felt really privileged to be there and I really hope he will make more acoustic shows in the future, possibly open to a larger audience.

I made some videos but I have to check their quality. In case it's acceptable I will post something here.

:mikalove:

You look like you were sat very close to the stage.  It reminds me of the Magic Numbers gig in London, when we just sat round the piano.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, silver said:

You look like you were sat very close to the stage.  It reminds me of the Magic Numbers gig in London, when we just sat round the piano.

Yes, the white pillows were all around the stage and I managed to find one in the front and sit there. I don't know how the Magic Numbers gig was (but it must have been amazing 😍). This was a very little intimate venue, in a garden. 

I hope Mika will do more of these acoustic shows,  with tickets available to a larger audience. 🙏🏼

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, silver said:

We were! (Chiara and I sat next to eachother) and the stage was also not high at all, which made it feel like a garden party setting. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

We were! (Chiara and I sat next to eachother) and the stage was also not high at all, which made it feel like a garden party setting. 

I was glad to share the pillow with you Michelle🥰! And yes, the stage was more or less at the same level of the audience. Just a bit higher. 

Edited by Chiara 83
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

INSTAGRAM

schimmelpianositalia

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs6nwAZB-C_/

Riviviamo insieme gli intensi momenti vissuti a @pianocitymilano in compagnia dei pianoforti @schimmelpianos: Mercoledì 17 Maggio - Castello Sforzesco: @mikainstagram!

#pianoforte #Concerto #PCM2023 #pianoconcerto #pianocity #mika #Schimmelpianos #pianocitymilano #pianomi2023

Snapinsta.app_350106142_272477975314805_7804282064252306776_n_1080.thumb.jpg.058205bf4421fe58b38ed85f1980357c.jpg

Snapinsta.app_350947728_570910868446135_8701655955866722277_n_1080.thumb.jpg.5a687af5f878a502068cf90bb6804363.jpg

Snapinsta.app_350790912_1533529660510850_7303216358694159958_n_1080.thumb.jpg.10d21a18fd75a6117757f336b3f9a97d.jpg

Snapinsta.app_350788215_931402867932230_1818500199931851308_n_1080.thumb.jpg.a64482b326b68ee64d5d8a606b7968f9.jpg

Snapinsta.app_350827114_1396815094507349_6502317758349175842_n_1080.thumb.jpg.a319bc4d5a273f6b1e762853224a3131.jpg

Snapinsta.app_350538040_1453599305409643_6316530600123183536_n_1080.thumb.jpg.20b4719be74186ab6c32f133072765d5.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mika alle Gallerie d'Italia - Milano

L'artista Mika, in occasione di Piano City Milano 2023, festival sostenuto da Intesa Sanpaolo, è venuto a trovarci alle Gallerie d'Italia di Milano in Piazza della Scala per ammirare le nostre collezioni permanenti.

Guarda il video e vieni anche tu a scoprire tutte le opere esposte al museo:

https://gallerieditalia.com/it/milano/collezioni/

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtZVJ3ZsAzg/

gallerieditalia

L’artista @mikainstagram, in occasione di @pianocitymilano 2023, festival sostenuto da @intesasanpaolo, è venuto a trovarci alle Gallerie d’Italia - Milano in Piazza della Scala per ammirare le nostre collezioni permanenti.

Guarda il video completo al link in bio e vieni anche tu a scoprire le opere esposte al museo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Twitter

Today we celebrate the Worldwide Music Day with various concerts in public. To get in the mood, we look back on the opening concert of the @PianoCityMilano
festival with the famous pianist and singer-songwriter
@mikasounds at the Castello Sforzesco playing a #SchimmelPiano!

• Kumazzz changed the title to 2023 - Mika @ Piano City Milano Festival, 17 May REPORTS/PICS/VIDS