8. Underwater
  9. Elle Me Dit
  10. Blue
  11. Relax
  12. Grace Kelly 

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 2

• Kumazzz changed the title to 2023 🇮🇹 Mika @ Piano City Milano Festival, 17 May REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

I heard that there were 150 VIPs, so only 50 tickets were available online! :shocked: But apparently all the fans who went there without tickets got in.

Mika started with Toy Boy, and also sang Over my Shoulder, Grace Kelly, Blue and NPIH. :wub2:  The other songs I heard in the videos were Lollipop, Underwater, OOL and Relax. No Happy Ending.

This is only 2nd hand info, can't wait to read everyone's reports!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I am now back home, but yesterday evening I had the absolute privilege to attend a gig where Mika was opening for Piano City Milano. 

It was an acoustic gig with only 200 attending. We learned at the gate that there were 150 VIPs and only 50 tickets that were made available for the public. Hopeful fans queued together with us, for a chance to be let in, just in case of no shows. As I had acquired a ticket when they were made available last week (super fast fingers I guess!?), I was anxiously waiting for my friends to enter. And just before Mika came on, I saw them running in and taking a seat! NOW the party could get started!! 

(Side note: there were apparently around 15 no shows and the fans without tickets were a total of 25. If there would’ve been more. I am not sure if they would have been let in.)

It being a very intimate gig allowed Mika to create a show with an entirely different feel. He and ourselves could completely immerse in the music and the moment. You could tell he was tapping into a world and showing emotions that were so raw and pure, it completely left me speechless. It was breathtaking to hear his voice so pure with the only companion the piano, the bass…and our claps and gasps.

My absolute personal highlights were No Place in Heaven and Blue. There was this deep sadness and also doubt that washed over him as he sang it. It must’ve been incredibly hard and freeing to pour his heart out like this. 

To create this momentum during a performance, you need to convey your message and direct the sole focus to the instruments (in this case piano and voice). I can imagine this is easier to do in such an intimate, acoustic setting. 

We didn’t get up and dance (which was at moments quite hard, particularly during Big Girl and Elle Me Dit!). The atmosphere was simply so delicate and fragile, as it was both majestic and intimidating with the Castello Sforzesco as our scenery. But Mika made it all fuse together, to forget it all and to be in the moment with him. 

Since images and film speak louder than words, I have made a compilation to capture a bit of the night. The link to my Instagram reel is: HERE

So there you go, a recap of 24 hours of Milan and a Mika gig…. In just 6 minutes! Enjoy! 

Thank you to all my friends who made this day special. We didn’t have to queue, but we wanted to.. because going to a Mika gig is not only about Mika anymore, it’s everything and everyone around it and the memories that we make. Until next time! (So addictive, isn’t it?)

Edited by holdingyourdrink
Fixed the link to the reel
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I am now back home, but yesterday evening I had the absolute privilege to attend a gig where Mika was opening for Piano City Milano. 

It was an acoustic gig with only 200 attending. We learned at the gate that there were 150 VIPs and only 50 tickets that were made available for the public. Hopeful fans queued together with us, for a chance to be let in, just in case of no shows. As I had acquired a ticket when they were made available last week (super fast fingers I guess!?), I was anxiously waiting for my friends to enter. And just before Mika came on, I saw them running in and taking a seat! NOW the party could get started!! 

(Side note: there were apparently around 15 no shows and the fans without tickets were a total of 25. If there would’ve been more. I am not sure if they would have been let in.)

It being a very intimate gig allowed Mika to create a show with an entirely different feel. He and ourselves could completely immerse in the music and the moment. You could tell he was tapping into a world and showing emotions that were so raw and pure, it completely left me speechless. It was breathtaking to hear his voice so pure with the only companion the piano, the bass…and our claps and gasps.

My absolute personal highlights were No Place in Heaven and Blue. There was this deep sadness and also doubt that washed over him as he sang it. It must’ve been incredibly hard and freeing to pour his heart out like this. 

To create this momentum during a performance, you need to convey your message and direct the sole focus to the instruments (in this case piano and voice). I can imagine this is easier to do in such an intimate, acoustic setting. 

We didn’t get up and dance (which was at moments quite hard, particularly during Big Girl and Elle Me Dit!). The atmosphere was simply so delicate and fragile, as it was both majestic and intimidating with the Castello Sforzesco as our scenery. But Mika made it all fuse together, to forget it all and to be in the moment with him. 

Since images and film speak louder than words, I have made a compilation to capture a bit of the night. The link to my Instagram reel is: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsYIYoUtgPS/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

So there you go, a recap of 24 hours of Milan and a Mika gig…. In just 6 minutes! Enjoy! 

Thank you to all my friends who made this day special. We didn’t have to queue, but we wanted to.. because going to a Mika gig is not only about Mika anymore, it’s everything and everyone around it and the memories that we make. Until next time! (So addictive, isn’t it?)

Thank you Michelle! It sounds wonderful. If this was a precursor to the revised MP tour, it's going to be so good. 

I can't believe you all got in too, that's brilliant!! :group_hug:

This was the setlist:

Toy Boy

Lollipop

Icecream

Origin of Love

No Place in Heaven

Big Girl

Over My Shoulder

Underwater

Elle Me Dit

Blue

Relax

Grace Kelly 

I have filmed something from every song to share it with everybody, it was the very least I could do!

Unlike the regular gigs, Mika was very much in his bubble and was more connecting with his inner self rather than with the outside. It is powerful to watch and it gives off a different energy, but it was also different to witness in comparison. I think only fans can see the difference, having seen him multiple times. He was not engaging with the audience much. This is something what sets Mika apart from other artists in my eyes, the connection with the audience. For me it was missing this gig, but the few fans that were there weren’t the target audience and this was a different gig from his regular ones… or we are just very spoilt :wink2:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

This was the setlist:

Toy Boy

Lollipop

Icecream

Origin of Love

No Place in Heaven

Big Girl

Over My Shoulder

Underwater

Elle Me Dit

Blue

Relax

Grace Kelly 

I have filmed something from every song to share it with everybody, it was the very least I could do!

Unlike the regular gigs, Mika was very much in his bubble and was more connecting with his inner self rather than with the outside. It is powerful to watch and it gives off a different energy, but it was also different to witness in comparison. I think only fans can see the difference, having seen him multiple times. He was not engaging with the audience much. This is something what sets Mika apart from other artists in my eyes, the connection with the audience. For me it was missing this gig, but the few fans that were there weren’t the target audience and this was a different gig from his regular ones… or we are just very spoilt :wink2:

oh woooowoo

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

This was the setlist:

Toy Boy

Lollipop

Icecream

Origin of Love

No Place in Heaven

Big Girl

Over My Shoulder

Underwater

Elle Me Dit

Blue

Relax

Grace Kelly 

What was the audience's response like? Did they seem to be aware how special Mika's performance was? I imagine friends like Carolina Stamerra Grassi did.

10 minutes ago, SusanT said:

What was the audience's response like? Did they seem to be aware how special Mika's performance was? I imagine friends like Carolina Stamerra Grassi did.

They were appreciative, but not overly enthusiastic. The gig was also more low key energy, so the response was fitting in a way for the beginning. But by the end I feel he deserved more, but that is just my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was really lucky to have had the chance to attend the special gig of Mika at the Castello Sforzesco in Milan. I was on the waiting list until a few minutes before the concert, 11 people didn't show up at the entrance and they let me in with my friends who were there from the morning and other people after us. A piano, or rather two pianos, a bass, Mika, Vincent and Max, pillows, many white pillows on the grass and us around them. Soft lighting and magical atmosphere. I loved the whole concert that lasted an hour and when Mika sang Blue, I was moved. It’s amazing live! The fans were few because most of the tickets were reserved for accredited people, but we sang and applauded all together without difference and it was so nice. I remember this very intimate and intense event forever. :cloud:

I share some photos and videos of the evening:

Photo-20230518-103307-S-691x1229.png

Photo-20230518-103906-S-691x1229.png

Photo-20230518-130618-S-624x1229.png

Photo-20230518-133237-S-691x1156.png

Photo-20230518-133935-S-700x1229.png

Photo-20230518-133706-S-656x1229.png

Photo-20230518-140547-S-691x1229.png

Photo-20230518-140433-S-691x1229.png

Photo-20230518-140154-S-691x1229.png

Photo-20230518-140244-S-691x1229.png

Photo-20230518-141128-S-1079x773.png

20230517_231639(0).jpg

20230517_083405.jpg

20230517_114047.jpg

20230517_155533.jpg

Polish_20230517_122955972.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hi everyone, I would like to spend few words on this magical intimate event. Firstly I privately thanked my friend who gave me her ticket and transferred it to me on the Dice App. Without her, I wouldn't have attended this gig. Then I want to thank the MFCers who shared with me this lovely day in Milan.

It's the first time I've attended an acoustic show by Mika (piano-voice) so to me this experience was really special.

Compared to a "regular" concert, he played the piano a lot more, sometimes together with Vincent, sometimes alone.

He made a brief introduction to thank the sky because it had finally stopped raining and then he started to sing.

I loved the new piano arrangements he and Vincent made for Lollipop, Ice Cream, the Origin of love, Elle me dit, Relax and Underwater. And I was so grateful that he sang Toy Boy, Blue, Over my shoulder and No place in heaven. These songs contributed to make the concert even more emotional and intense.

Of course he ended the gig with Grace Kelly and thanked the audience and Piano city for the invitation.

In conclusion I can say that I felt really privileged to be there and I really hope he will make more acoustic shows in the future, possibly open to a larger audience.

I made some videos but I have to check their quality. In case it's acceptable I will post something here.

:mikalove:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing so many videos. I love seeing how Mika enjoyed this evening, i think he must have been emotioned for the intimate atmosphere and maybe also for coming back in Italy after so much time. I think that this kind of atmosphere puts him in value because when he feels this intimacy with the people he feels free and open, i like in particolar when he says a little bit of the meaning of each song. I loved this version of Blue, It seems in a lower Key and this makes It even more emotional for me 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, peroalessandra said:

Thanks for sharing so many videos. I love seeing how Mika enjoyed this evening, i think he must have been emotioned for the intimate atmosphere and maybe also for coming back in Italy after so much time. I think that this kind of atmosphere puts him in value because when he feels this intimacy with the people he feels free and open, i like in particolar when he says a little bit of the meaning of each song. I loved this version of Blue, It seems in a lower Key and this makes It even more emotional for me 

It was breathtaking. I think I really held my breath (and heart) during the entire song. He truly poured himself into it. It was so pure.

• Like 2

YouTube

MIKA protagonista della speciale anteprima di Piano City Milano.

Una performance piano/voce esclusiva, nella cornice del Castello Sforzesco, che anticipa le sei date italiane del suo tour mondiale:

• Like 1