2024 - Mika @ O2 Apollo Manchester, UK, 7 April

mellody

After his last gig there in December 2012, Mika will finally be back in Manchester on 7 April 2024, this time at the Apollo!

The general ticket sale starts Friday 29 September 2023 at 10am UK time

The MFC presale starts Thursday 28 September 2023 at 10am UK time, more info will be posted in this part of the forum: https://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/9-members-only-exclusives/

On Wednesday 27 September there's already a presale for O2 customers in the UK.

We're talking about this event here:

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hey is there any planned meet up for fans The day of the concert? Will be my first time going alone And would love to meet up with fellow fans before the show, however can Only find time to Be in Manchester the day of the show and the morning after.

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm very much a stranger here, but I had to find my way back because I've got a ticket! 😄

I couldn't go to his last Manchester gig 12 years ago because we were in the city for Andre Rieu with family 😩

Edited by Ruth
Autocorrect!

Ha! I'd forgotten my avatar was also taken in Manchester. 

But my arty signature seems to have gone. 

And in my effort to put a picture behind my old avatar, I seem to have lost it! 

Oh well, this one is in Edinburgh.

Edited by Ruth

• 1 month later...

Hi,

@mellody or @dcdeb

Me and my partner are taking the trip down to Manchester after just coming back home to Scotland after the Bercy gig. 

We were queued up since about 11am and didn’t make it to the front row due to shoving and delayed action from the venue staff which was quite disappointing seeing as we travelled from Edinburgh just for the concert! 

I’m taking my grandmother-in-law along with my partner to this gig as she has seen the videos we have taken and really wanted to come with (wish me luck! 😂) so I was wondering if there may be any way know about ideal queuing times, early access, after show meet ups or just any info that makes this trip as easy as possible for us.

We have standing seats so wouldn’t want to be queuing with her there too long. If there’s anything that you think that could help, my instagram is the same as my user and I believe @dcdeb already has an open chat with myself. 

Thanks in advance! ☺️

• Like 1

Always difficult to predict how early to queue; Mika hasn't appeared in Manchester for some time so there might be a lot of people eager to see him.  Also it's a Sunday so people wouldn't be at school/college/work, so more might be prepared to queue earlier.  On the other hand, it's Manchester and April so it will probably be raining :naughty: - that might put people off.

Also this is at O2 Apollo - O2 users may have a priority queue - if you are an O2 user it might be worth checking this with the venue.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AmelieCharlotte said:

Are there any plans to meet up before the Manchester show? I feel that this is going to be such a different experience to Cheltenham last year! 

I will be in town from the day before, it would be nice to meet up with people! I am going by myself and dont really know many other UK-based fans.

• Like 1

most people probably also got this email of information about not bringing large bags but figured in doesnt hurt to share just in case.

On a related note, does anybody know where one could stash a backpack until after the show? I have to check out of my hostel in the morning and Im having to catch a bus back home at like 2AM (rip :tears:)

Screenshot_20240404_123512_Email.jpg

51 minutes ago, ClownInACollar said:

most people probably also got this email of information about not bringing large bags but figured in doesnt hurt to share just in case.

On a related note, does anybody know where one could stash a backpack until after the show? I have to check out of my hostel in the morning and Im having to catch a bus back home at like 2AM (rip :tears:)

Screenshot_20240404_123512_Email.jpg

I'm staying at the Travelodge at Upper Brook Street & walking to/from the venue, which is apparently a 15min walk. So you can leave your bags in my room?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AmelieCharlotte said:

I'm staying at the Travelodge at Upper Brook Street & walking to/from the venue, which is apparently a 15min walk. So you can leave your bags in my room?

Oh that would be great! Thats really nice of you, thank you!

On 3/28/2024 at 10:25 PM, rxbxrt02 said:

Hi,

@mellody or @dcdeb

Me and my partner are taking the trip down to Manchester after just coming back home to Scotland after the Bercy gig. 

We were queued up since about 11am and didn’t make it to the front row due to shoving and delayed action from the venue staff which was quite disappointing seeing as we travelled from Edinburgh just for the concert! 

I’m taking my grandmother-in-law along with my partner to this gig as she has seen the videos we have taken and really wanted to come with (wish me luck! 😂) so I was wondering if there may be any way know about ideal queuing times, early access, after show meet ups or just any info that makes this trip as easy as possible for us.

We have standing seats so wouldn’t want to be queuing with her there too long. If there’s anything that you think that could help, my instagram is the same as my user and I believe @dcdeb already has an open chat with myself. 

Thanks in advance! ☺️

I would also like to know, I am aware that there was a number system for Amsterdam and maybe Brighton. I am not necessarily hoping for barrier but this is the first time I have standing tickets and I'd quite like to get a good spot because neither me or my sister who I am going with are particularly tall so not super interested in getting shoved about.

I wanted standing to get the experience and I am okay if it gets a bit tight as long as I can see him and dance. I am also coming down to the gig from Scotland so I don't necessarily want to wait 6 hours before the doors open just to get a good spot especially when we can't bring bags with us. I was hoping to go down 4 or 5ish but if there is a number system I'd be happy to go earlier. If anyone has any intel I'd greatly appreciate.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 6:25 PM, rxbxrt02 said:

Hi,

@mellody or @dcdeb

Thanks in advance! ☺️

2 hours ago, Smyles97 said:

I would also like to know, I am aware that there was a number system for Amsterdam and maybe Brighton. I am not necessarily hoping for barrier but this is the first time I have standing tickets and I'd quite like to get a good spot because neither me or my sister who I am going with are particularly tall so not super interested in getting shoved about.

I wanted standing to get the experience and I am okay if it gets a bit tight as long as I can see him and dance. I am also coming down to the gig from Scotland so I don't necessarily want to wait 6 hours before the doors open just to get a good spot especially when we can't bring bags with us. I was hoping to go down 4 or 5ish but if there is a number system I'd be happy to go earlier. If anyone has any intel I'd greatly appreciate.

Thanks

I'm afraid I don't have any special insight that will help either of you. As Silver said above, it's difficult to predict the ideal time to get to the queue. It depends on the size of the venue, the day of the week, the weather, whether it's sold out, so many factors...

Unfortunately (in my opinion) some fans have taken to queuing from an extremely early hour in order to be sure they get near front row. I don't think (again in my opinion) that's absolutely necessary, but feel compelled because of this to queue earlier than I normally might. I would say that to get near the front you will probably have to be in the queue NO LATER than very early in the afternoon. Not sure what time doors are set to open, but that means you'll be queuing a lot of hours, which may not be ideal.

As far as the numbering system goes, that is really not something that Mika Fan Club does officially. Usually what happens is that if whoever gets to the queue first decides to start numbering people as they arrive, they take charge of that. I'm not opposed to the idea of the numbering system, because it allows you to take a lunch break or run to the loo without losing your place in the queue. I think it's very civilized, as long as people don't abuse it.

The unfortunate thing is that often security at a venue doesn't respect the numbers and lets fans in randomly, which tends to create some panic and chaos. I *wish* I could say that everyone would behave respectfully, but we all know that doesn't always happen. In a perfect world, everything would be fair and orderly, but this is definitely NOT a perfect world.

So... bottom line is get there early if you want to be near the front. Check our Instagram account, as we generally have someone sharing photos of the queue from early on, so you can get a sense of how many people are already there. If people are doing the numbers thing, then get a number and hope for the best. I guarantee you will have an amazing time at the gig no matter what!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just checking in - I'm more of a lurker on here these days. I'm going to this show with my children (a new generation of Mika fans is here :lol:).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AmelieCharlotte said:

There are so many of us coming down from Scotland. Mika needs to do a Glasgow gig next time 😉

Yes! The last time he played in Scotland I was still in primary school lol. Manchester or Dublin was my closest venue for this tour :crybaby:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Does anyone know around how long Mikas shows are on this tour please? Just so I know when to arrange my pick up for after tonight’s show in Manchester!! 

Also, how long after doors open does he usually come on stage? Thanks! 

1 minute ago, Calycats said:

Does anyone know around how long Mikas shows are on this tour please? Just so I know when to arrange my pick up for after tonight’s show in Manchester!! 

Also, how long after doors open does he usually come on stage? Thanks! 

I think in the UK he enters the stage around 9pm.

The show takes about 2 hours 15 minutes.

1 minute ago, Ruth said:

The weather is looking absolutely horrible! 

Wind, rain and a train strike...

Hopefully it clears up later today! Also a huge football match on in Manchester today too so it may be busy. I’m having to get an Uber from my house as trains are being problematic! Still very excited though !

The rain has stopped so I hope I'll arrive at the Apollo in the dry. The wind seems less and I found a bus straight to my hotel, so that's a good start. 

Less good was that I've brought a dress to wear and forgot tights. This is not a night for bare legs!  Hurrah for a weird Morrison's called Morrison's Kitchen - a meal deal and tights 😁

• Like 1

Priority entrance was fun because I'm with Virgin Media which is 02  and the Apollo is 02.

Sadly, because I couldn't find anyone who is going here there's not much atmosphere yet.