Mika as a guest on Radio Scoop France, 18 January 2024

NaoMika

On 1/18/2024 at 4:16 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am not sure. At the end Mika thought it was over. He asked "But now we were not live on the radio?"

And the guys answers: "No, it's tomorrow. On TikTok we were live".

And as I could hear the girl who asked a question had to put a headset first.

So  I suppose they recorded it for tomorrow.

And when Mika realized that they were still live on TikTok  he asked the audience:

"I hope you will not make too many memes from this interview. ... Because it will make me sad".

I don't know what funny he said except the strings and asparagus which has already become a meme :lol3:

I didn't listen the whole interview.

I translated the radio podcast and when I listened to the tik tok live that was recorded I found out Radio Scoop had cut things Mika was saying so the whole video is more interesting (but the last minutes of the tik tok are missing) And I can't watch the last minutes of your recording it looks empty or broken to me.

3 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I translated the radio podcast and when I listened to the tik tok live that was recorded I found out Radio Scoop had cut things Mika was saying so the whole video is more interesting (but the last minutes of the tik tok are missing) And I can't watch the last minutes of your recording it looks empty or broken to me.

I uploaded the last question on MFC's Tiktok, can you see it there?

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeMEy1h9/

The other question I recorded half of was the one about the Voice, I think they broadcasted that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, mellody said:

I uploaded the last question on MFC's Tiktok, can you see it there?

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGeMEy1h9/

The other question I recorded half of was the one about the Voice, I think they broadcasted that.

Thank you so much :huglove:If we end doing a subbed video we need the whole video so that is great :thumb_yello:

23 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2xcnGfIMdV/

Retour dans The Voice, retrouvailles avec Zazie et Vianney, rencontre avec Bigflo & Oli… @mikainstagram nous dit tout 🎤✌️
#RadioSCOOP #mika #interview #thevoice #retour #zazie #vianney #bigfloetoli #onenparlede

Is it just my impression or is it possible that Mika's way of communicating changes (not just the language) depending on whether he's speaking English, French or Italian?  Actually, I would expect it to happen.

By the way, I'm happy he's enjoying the show so much! :original:

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, SusanT said:

Is it just my impression or is it possible that Mika's way of communicating changes (not just the language) depending on whether he's speaking English, French or Italian?  Actually, I would expect it to happen.

By the way, I'm happy he's enjoying the show so much! :original:

He is a Mikameleon :wub2:

He seems to be Italian in Italy, French in France, British in Great Britain as well as in all other countries :wub2:

He speaks, dresses, moves in different ways depending on people around him and even his face expressions change. It's absolutely fascinating. And he does it instinctively :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4

On 1/20/2024 at 7:06 AM, crazyaboutmika said:

But there is something really great that's starting to happen: we already started being asked for synching the music for [TV] series in the US.

What?? WHAT?!!  WHAT???!! A tv series in the United States??!?! 
QueenBigFat dances around the living room screaming in joy and waving pompoms.

5 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

What?? WHAT?!!  WHAT???!! A tv series in the United States??!?! 
QueenBigFat dances around the living room screaming in joy and waving pompoms.

Well, all that really means is that some US TV series may use one of his songs. So maybe you'll be watching Law & Order: SVU one night and suddenly in the background you'll hear "Apocalypse Calypso" for a few seconds. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Well, all that really means is that some US TV series may use one of his songs. So maybe you'll be watching Law & Order: SVU one night and suddenly in the background you'll hear "Apocalypse Calypso" for a few seconds. :naughty:

Oh are you a buzzkill.:bleh:

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 7:54 PM, QueenBigFat said:

Oh are you a buzzkill.:bleh:

That's my job, ma'am. Setting expectations -- just one more service I provide.

Don't get me wrong. It IS a big deal if US TV shows play Mika music in the background or it's used in a commercial -- I know that's how a lot of artists are discovered. I remember how much buzz it generated when a few seconds of Any Other World were used during a scene of The Good Wife years ago.

I just meant it's not AS good as if Mika himself were appearing on a US TV show, so don't get TOO excited. Save your pompoms for when that happens. :biggrin2:

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 7:07 PM, dcdeb said:

That's my job, ma'am. Setting expectations -- just one more service I provide.

Don't get me wrong. It IS a big deal if US TV shows play Mika music in the background or it's used in a commercial -- I know that's how a lot of artists are discovered. I remember how much buzz it generated when a few seconds of Any Other World were used during a scene of The Good Wife years ago.

I just meant it's not AS good as if Mika himself were appearing on a US TV show, so don't get TOO excited. Save your pompoms for when that happens. :biggrin2:

He said "several songs" I hope you guys in the US get to hear them soon :wub2:

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3uucIZok4M/

"Et le truc hallucinant, c’est que les gens se cachent après" 🙈
La drôle d’anecdote de @mikainstagram sur son titre "Relax (Take It Easy)" 🤭

RE-upload to YouTube

Mika says when he is in public places some people say "Relax" then hide which he finds hallucinating :yikes:

So he turns around and tries to see who that is and grins a snile while looking for the id**** who did it because it would be rude not to react in some way. 

(I didn't know about this and I think it is so rude that some people do this :badword: )

But then Mika says he loves his song "Relax, take it easy" because it is easy to tweak it and make it evolve (and that he tweaked it for his new tour).

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

PleasepleasePLEASE post about it in English when you find out more specifics!

To be clear I meant when his songs are gonna be on American tv:yes:

17 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

Although American translations of anything are very welcome!!! (I would say English translations but sometimes I need translations of what those Brits say:lmfao:)

1 hour ago, QueenBigFat said:

There already is a full translation of this interview on the first page of this thread:

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/36715-mika-as-a-guest-on-radio-scoop-france-18-january-2024/?do=findComment&comment=4292888

This is the part that I think you are referring to:

Man: Yes it's true you sold Clairmont very well (laughs) He insists on it. Artists often get questions about how they feel before they release an album, but never after. What about you? Your album was out at the beginning of December, how do you feel about it now almost at the end of January just before the tour starts?
Mika: What I like a lot is that each person has different favorite songs. The other thing is like as it is in French I was afraid regarding the international market and even if it was released only in a few countries. There are special editions out in other countries like for example in Japan and what's funny is that everything is written in Japanese and translated into Japanese. But there is something really great that's starting to happen: we already started being asked for synching the music for [TV] series in the US.
Man: Waoh
Mika: And honestly I love the idea that you can erase and break down this idea of fronteers "If you do this it will cut you from this part of...no one will be interested in England
 Well...it doesn't matter...now you have to express yourself in a totally different way, in a unique way, create your music following your own story and it means that it will stay true and maybe it will evolve a bit  in an improbable way but it stays interesting.

But like Deb said, I'm pretty sure he just means that after releasing the French album he was approached by tv people (including American ones) about the rights to the songs so they can use them in tv shows and stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

There already is a full translation of this interview on the first page of this thread:

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/36715-mika-as-a-guest-on-radio-scoop-france-18-january-2024/?do=findComment&comment=4292888

This is the part that I think you are referring to:

Man: Yes it's true you sold Clairmont very well (laughs) He insists on it. Artists often get questions about how they feel before they release an album, but never after. What about you? Your album was out at the beginning of December, how do you feel about it now almost at the end of January just before the tour starts?
Mika: What I like a lot is that each person has different favorite songs. The other thing is like as it is in French I was afraid regarding the international market and even if it was released only in a few countries. There are special editions out in other countries like for example in Japan and what's funny is that everything is written in Japanese and translated into Japanese. But there is something really great that's starting to happen: we already started being asked for synching the music for [TV] series in the US.
Man: Waoh
Mika: And honestly I love the idea that you can erase and break down this idea of fronteers "If you do this it will cut you from this part of...no one will be interested in England
 Well...it doesn't matter...now you have to express yourself in a totally different way, in a unique way, create your music following your own story and it means that it will stay true and maybe it will evolve a bit  in an improbable way but it stays interesting.

But like Deb said, I'm pretty sure he just means that after releasing the French album he was approached by tv people (including American ones) about the rights to the songs so they can use them in tv shows and stuff.

:damn:

• Haha 1

It really is hard to be all the way over here, watching Mika storm Europe and places in Asia, while no one here even knows who he is. It’s like being in a weird separate world. And while I think America would not appreciate him, necessarily, and while I think the way he conducts his concerts would actually be a bit dangerous for him, I wish he weren’t so far away. :no: