Mika as a guest on Radio Scoop France, 18 January 2024

NaoMika

MIKA will be a guest at Radio SCOOP on January 18, from 2 p.m.:fisch:

https://www.radioscoop.com/cadeaux/gagnez-votre-rencontre-avec-mika_292278

GAGNEZ VOTRE RENCONTRE AVEC MIKA

Cette semaine, Radio SCOOP vous offre votre rencontre avec Mika dans les studios de Radio SCOOP, jeudi 18 janvier 2024 dès 14h.

Participez à l'enregistrement d'une émission, à une séance photos et dédicaces.

:uk:

WIN YOUR MEETING WITH MIKA

This week, Radio SCOOP offers you your meeting with Mika in the Radio SCOOP studios, Thursday January 18, 2024 from 2 p.m.

Take part in the recording of a show, a photo session and signings.

spacer.png

• Like 6

Mika just did a Tiktok live interview for Radio Scoop. Not sure if he knew that he was live on Tiktok, lol! 😅 Did anyone watch it all? I think I missed most of it, only heard the last question & part of his reply to the previous one. I screen recorded this bit, in case we're not getting a better version.

If I understood it right, the radio interview will be aired tomorrow.

First of all, IG stories by Radio Scoop:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

At the end they said that it will be broadcast tomorrow on Scoop Radio.

This was a live on TikTok.

Do you think it's the same interview they will air tomorrow? I thought there was the one for Tiktok today and another one for radio that's recorded today but will only be aired tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, mellody said:

Do you think it's the same interview they will air tomorrow? I thought there was the one for Tiktok today and another one for radio that's recorded today but will only be aired tomorrow.

I am not sure. At the end Mika thought it was over. He asked "But now we were not live on the radio?"

And the guys answers: "No, it's tomorrow. On TikTok we were live".

And as I could hear the girl who asked a question had to put a headset first.

So  I suppose they recorded it for tomorrow.

And when Mika realized that they were still live on TikTok  he asked the audience:

"I hope you will not make too many memes from this interview. ... Because it will make me sad".

I don't know what funny he said except the strings and asparagus which has already become a meme :lol3:

I didn't listen the whole interview.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hero said:

God there's always some annoying idiots in the comments on these things... :chair:

You mean the one/s who kept writing ANDREAS? I'm not sure if they meant Andy or another Andreas. Just watched again & read the comments, but can't really make sense of them. Mika's spoken French is easier for me to understand than Tikok comments French. 😅🙈

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

hope you will not make too many memes from this interview. ... Because it will make me sad".

I don't know what funny he said except the strings and asparagus which has already become a meme 

Ah, so that's what he said, "memes" - I was looking up "mime" and it didn't make sense, lol! I always pronounce "memes" more like a German word, so it would sound like the French "même", and I'm confused every time someone says memes with the e pronounced in English. 😅 And then he says Goodbye with a French accent, I didn't understand that at first either. 🙈 :wub2:

I did see Nathalie's meme about asparagus and strings - guess he confused English and French? Well, I didn't hear that part, I hope it was funny for him and not them making fun OF him. I think there are nice & funny memes, and mean ones - and yes, I hope people don't make mean ones. And I hope Mika doesn't mind the nice ones... it's a great way of free promo, if they are funny enough to get shared a lot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mellody said:

Ah, so that's what he said, "memes" - I was looking up "mime" and it didn't make sense, lol! I always pronounce "memes" more like a German word, so it would sound like the French "même", and I'm confused every time someone says memes with the e pronounced in English. 😅 And then he says Goodbye with a French accent, I didn't understand that at first either. 🙈 :wub2:

I did see Nathalie's meme about asparagus and strings - guess he confused English and French? Well, I didn't hear that part, I hope it was funny for him and not them making fun OF him. I think there are nice & funny memes, and mean ones - and yes, I hope people don't make mean ones. And I hope Mika doesn't mind the nice ones... it's a great way of free promo, if they are funny enough to get shared a lot.

Yes, in Poland we pronounce "meme" as well with "e". And when I hear "mime" or "meeme" pronunciation I have to think twice :lol3:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2ReUALN9Mi/

nikobatik

Radio SCOOP Lyon

@mikainstagram à retrouver en interview sur @radioscoop ce vendredi 19 janvier 2024 dès 19h #mika #interview #radio #musique #chanteur #artist #music #mikaartist #mikamusic #radioscoop

420969849_18405686968057343_8270836833004886781_n.jpg

This guy also posted 2 more stories:

Another part of the interview (I think he talks about imagining ageing like some old lady would carve the wrinkles in his face? :lol:)

Part of C'est la vie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Radio Scoop ( Lyon )

Mika was invited on 18 January.

IG stories by Radio Scoop

On 1/18/2024 at 11:25 PM, mellody said:

Mika just did a Tiktok live interview for Radio Scoop. Not sure if he knew that he was live on Tiktok, lol! 😅 Did anyone watch it all? I think I missed most of it, only heard the last question & part of his reply to the previous one. I screen recorded this bit, in case we're not getting a better version.

If I understood it right, the radio interview will be aired tomorrow.

First of all, IG stories by Radio Scoop:

TikTok LIVE ( 4 minutes ) by @mellody

On 1/18/2024 at 11:54 PM, mellody said:

Here is my recording of the last 4 minutes, I hope we'll get a complete one soon!

TikTok LIVE ( 23 min ) by @krysady

On 1/19/2024 at 5:00 AM, krysady said:

A part of the TikTok live, the first 3 minutes the audio is very low: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GXMFVvFY20dnUEmgvHNtKtsQLNHX9u40/view?pli=1

a group photo

12 hours ago, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2ReUALN9Mi/

nikobatik

Radio SCOOP Lyon

@mikainstagram à retrouver en interview sur @radioscoop ce vendredi 19 janvier 2024 dès 19h #mika #interview #radio #musique #chanteur #artist #music #mikaartist #mikamusic #radioscoop

420969849_18405686968057343_8270836833004886781_n.jpg

A part of C'est la vie on an IG story

9 hours ago, mellody said:

This guy also posted 2 more stories:

Another part of the interview (I think he talks about imagining ageing like some old lady would carve the wrinkles in his face? :lol:)

Part of C'est la vie

Jane Birkin

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2P0SGuLpRd/

40 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

The podcast with Scoop Radio is on the website. It's shorter than this from TikTok. 16 minutes.

You have to choose this one:

image.thumb.png.da4b16ba11e5634972e1b2f5dcd60486.png

https://www.radioscoop.com/player/

PODCAST - https://www.radioscoop.com/podcasts/les-interviews-radio-scoop_256244

Here is an AUDIO VIDEO on YouTube

[PHOTOS]

MIKA DANS NOS STUDIOS POUR UNE INTERVIEW ET UNE SÉANCE DE DÉDICACES

https://www.radioscoop.com/reportages/photos-mika-dans-nos-studios-pour-une-interview-et-une-seance-de-dedicaces_292880

20 pics

https://www.radioscoop.com/reportages/photos-mika-dans-nos-studios-pour-une-interview-et-une-seance-de-dedicaces_292880

radioscoop-2.thumb.jpg.df035f9f93b724f5f2d2c7b1af127a60.jpg

radioscoop-3.thumb.jpg.f017c90a8e40d890901f63285b914ac3.jpg

radioscoop-4.thumb.jpg.7f70d7280faa8af3f2b5747b458dfe62.jpg

radioscoop-5.thumb.jpg.2d9077ed12b45ab0821a62b6563eb40b.jpg

radioscoop-6.thumb.jpg.38c0fe4f924879a6e66ea08fad83fb23.jpg

radioscoop-7.thumb.jpg.8725362e0c0d3b9e00b46bafe82ffc90.jpg

radioscoop-8.thumb.jpg.9d5fc45756e93a99bfa1e0613a2b4058.jpg

radioscoop-9.thumb.jpg.1c2483fe3f3bf663b9aee9617b4d1045.jpg

radioscoop-10.thumb.jpg.a7a606456b3b4d0f81b6e4049247ea5b.jpg

radioscoop-11.thumb.jpg.a6110affb9b5fabccb01524bba1f5617.jpg

radioscoop-12.thumb.jpg.b5a45942eca2e2284657ef2d6d903da3.jpg

radioscoop-13.thumb.jpg.e3beba22e1512dc8f3199a10498e6820.jpg

radioscoop-14.thumb.jpg.a9a93b89a74b7e29aa0bc71df4eee45b.jpg

radioscoop-15.thumb.jpg.e4444bf6574d77cb69bae049d0263cd5.jpg

radioscoop-16.thumb.jpg.5559bc2e0fb7df668cc9edf3ddff0402.jpg

radioscoop-16.thumb.jpg.5559bc2e0fb7df668cc9edf3ddff0402.jpg

radioscoop-17.thumb.jpg.b7fce8dc4987b00074082e91839265ed.jpg

radioscoop-18.thumb.jpg.931bb323e202e912d139ba0bdf364e61.jpg

radioscoop-19.thumb.jpg.495e10da1fbe671f72cdaa71b6ede835.jpg

radioscoop-20.thumb.jpg.996430ec0959277abd15942e85521998.jpg

Here is a merged video on YouTube.

IG stories by radioscoop on 18/01/2024

plus https://www.instagram.com/p/C2S5-n9IMij/

radioscoop-1.jpg

• Like 9

Full translation: 

Man: If I make you listen to this ladies and gentlemen (Relax)  you know it, if I make you listen to this (Love Today)even more and if I make you listen  to this (C'est la vie) you say Mika
Mika: Hi!
Man: Hello Mika!
Mika: Hello!
Man: Welcome to Radio Scoop
Mika: I'm glad to be here.
Man: Let me introduce you to the team and to the public. We are very happy to have you here. First question: how are you?
Mika: I'm fine. I'm very well. I feel like...well this is the first interview I'm doing in 2024.
Man: How do you spend the holidays season Mika?
Mika: I cook.
Man: You cook so you eat after.
Mika: And this year it was a total disaster.
Man: Ah a disaster?
Mika: Yes you see I have a house in the US and the tradition is that each year the whole family gets togethee at my place and I cook and in all the American movies there is always that thing, that big ham.
Man: Yeah
Mika: With cloves everywhere and pineaple stuff.
Man: So you tried that this year?
Mika: Yes. I cook well but I 
Man: It was better on TV
Mika: Yes I don't cook that type of thing a lot, I don't cook often American dishes. For example turkey, you know those big turkeys, those huge things you see in movies they are not good. Anyway the ham, I cooked the ham, it was fine, with the right shape but I had cooked it ahead so I told myself I would leave it in the oven but I forgot to turn it on low so..
Man: It was overcooked and you couldn't eat it?  Did you end up eating at mac donald's? 
Mika: Everyone ended up eating asparagus, brocoli, smoked salmon and pasta with tomato sauce. 
Man: It doesn't sound like a dream meal, but if it is a meal with you why not? 
Mika: I will record you and send this as a vocal message to all my family 
Man: Que ta tête fleurisse toujours is Mika's new album available since the beginning of December and you are on tour in France and here as well, I think your tour starts here on February 26th in Clermont Ferrand, March 16th in Annecy,  March18th in Grenoble and the day after in Lyon (which is sold out(
Mika: Clairmont Ferrand will be a very interesting show because it is actually a test show. If you come to this concert...
As it is the first date
Mika: Actually we added it because we will be there during four, five days and at the end of our stay we'll give this concert and we will find out what it's really like. 
Man; So Clairmont is where you will be rehearsing?
Mika: Yes; exactly and you are going to see the show, you and I will find out about it together. We won't have slept for four or five days, the teams will, like graphic designers start their work after the rehearsal so their work shift starts around 9 PM and stop at 5 AM so it's really a tight schedule. It's going to be interesting to see what happens.
Man: So it will take place on February    26th. Check the usual sites to get info and tickets. 
Mika:  ?
Man: Yes it's true you sold Clairmont very well (laughs) He insists on it. Artists often get questions about how they feel before they release an album, but never after. What about you? Your album was out at the beginning of December, how do you feel about it now almost at the end of January just before the tour starts?
Mika: What I like a lot is that each person has different favorite songs. The other thing is like as it is in French I was afraid regarding the international market and even if it was released only in a few countries. There are special editions out in other countries like for example in Japan and what's funny is that everything is written in Japanese and translated into Japanese. But there is something really great that's starting to happen: we already started being asked for synching the music for [TV] series in the US.
Man: Waoh
Mika: And honestly I love the idea that you can erase and break down this idea of fronteers "If you do this it will cut you from this part of...no one will be interested in England
 Well...it doesn't matter...now you have to express yourself in a totally different way, in a unique way, create your music following your own story and it means that it will stay true and maybe it will evolve a bit  in an improbable way but it stays interesting.
Man: Thanks to this album your French listeners have learned even more things about you. You talked about a musical intimate pop diary. Was it absolutely your will when you decided to write the album in French? 
Mika: Yeah. I wanted to be candid, to be genuine. Also I had this intention...as I am really a singer songwriter composer, a pop anglo saxon  musician. I come from this tradition  I write with my piano. It's truly a British sort of pop I come from
Man: We heard that earlier, Love Today chorus is very pop.
Mika: Yeah but my challenge was:  How to do this but with French language? In French.
Man: Was it tough, was it complicated to mix both? 
Mika: Finding how to do it was  challenging but it was a challenge that I loved. At Christmas when I read for example in Le Monde "It is pop in French, it was something. No one understood how happy it made me. 
Man: It was like a Christmas gift.
Mika: Exactly like a Christmas gift probably the best I got because I had challenged myself to do this two years before [the album release]  
Man: Since you give your family asparagus you can't expect them to get [nice] gifts (laughing)
Mika: Wait a second, don't laugh at  asparagus. How do you cook your asparagus?
Man: Don't ask (laughing) I don't know anything about cooking. I had kebab for lunch.
Mika: Asparagus. For asparagus you need...how do you say "string" 
Woman: Un fil [ficelle] 
Not a thong right?(laughing)
Mika: So put the string around the asparagus (le fil) and you put the asparagus standing like a flower bouquet
Mika: I think about our listeners who just tuned in and heard "put a thong around the asparagus it is very very wierd. It is a very particular mood. 
Mika: We are in Lyon [famous for its good cooking] peveryone knows that what I'm saying is extremely serious. Then you have to boil them especially the white asparagus and   off the heat under the water. And then, very salty the water of course and for the full flavor you need to leave the asparagus in the water for twenty minutes with the thong around so that the taste and the flavors get into the asparagusagain. Twenty minutes later you eat them they are perfect. You cut the thong and you get into bliss.
Man: You cut the thong you get into bliss.
I am going to get this carved on a plate and hang it in my kitchen. This is perfect (laughing)
The title of the album is "Que ta tête fleurisse toujours" it is an homage to your mum, the first single as well which we listen to all day on  Radio Scoop "C'est la vie" It has a very difficult theme and yet everyone feels like partying on that song and I find this totally amazing and it's an art in which you are a absolute master this sort of mix between a difficult theme, sadness emotion and still we want to [dance] it's colorful, it's fun. How  do you manage to create this?
Mika: Maybe because I need it.
Man: What's your recipe? You already gave us the asparagus recipe.
Mika: It's true. I think it's because I need it. I started making music because I needed to.  I felt invisible ok and l would listen to I was a nine years old kid I felt totally invisible. I was fourteen and I felt like I had no value and I would listen to losers who said in songs "I"m a loser but I'm terrific" and when you hear someone saying "I'm a loser baby but I am a hero as well" it gives you ideas, it changes your head and you tell yourself maybe it would be a good idea if I could find a way to do the same.
Man: In this album you talk about sad things but also about lighter things and what surprised me is that there are naughty songs in this album.
Mika: Yes
You are a naughty boy
Mika: Yes. If you say so. (laughing) 
And you said it is easier to say this in French than in another language. Why?
Mika: Yeah because I told myself in my head,  in English because I always express myself in English in my songs and everyone understands and in French no one understands. Of course what I'm saying is totally stupid but this was how I felt.
Man: Nevertheless we understood in France.
Mika: Yes I know. I know and now I'm aware of this because I'm going to be on the stage and sing some songs and this is the moment when I become aware of this. And during the concert I will sing Apocalypse Calypso which is a song of the album and I say things like "a bubble, we f♡♡♡" 
Yeah
Mika: And you can't say that in English it's ugly. In French it's not ugly
Yes it's a bit poetic. We almost feel like following you if you allow me (laughing)
There are naughty songs, the tribute to your mum, and more you freed yourself in a rather exceptionnal way to the point that you talk about your life with your lover
Mika: That's another example that one when I will sing it on stage 
You had never crossed that point
Mika: No. No exactly. I decided to talk about my private life, about something that hurt us very much, about a problem that could have led to a break up. And it's true. Now everything is ok but I have to sing it on stage. And he already explained to me that he will be drinking a beer and a half during each show exactly at that moment he will go to the bar when l'll sing "Moi, Andy et Paris" He swore to me he 8doesn't want to be in the venue because it is too much for him. And he says it sincerely. He says ok you put it on the album. The melody is beautiful. But if you think I will endure watching you singing this so ng in front of, I don't know 5000 15000 people, you think I am a b*****y idiot. And he will put his drink on me. 
It's a present from Mika. But aside from the problem with this song it is said that your career has often created difficulties in your couple.
Mika: It's always the case for all the artists even if they don't talk about it and also for their families. It changes the dynamic. You and I we are talking, we are talking about things my family will never talk about with let's say the same transparency.  Even when I do interviews. Before Christmas I did very intense interviews. And when you talk about intimate things of course it provoked the lions
 who came to me through the media to talk to me about things that hurt of course. If I don't answer it can turn bad. If I answer in a transparent way, it's good, it's genuine but are those things easy to hear.
For people close to you? For your loved ones?
Mika: For my sisters and my brother. It's not easy for them. So at some moments I tell them you're not going to like this, don't watch, it involves you but 
So sometimes you do TV and radio interviews but after you message your loved ones to tell them "Don't watch/ don't listen to/don't read this interview. 
Mika: No. I tell them "I answer to questions I was asked and I know that maybe one person who is talking to something very intimate  that belongs to all of you, that's the way it is, it's part of the way  that I have decided to write, to live my life, to tell stories. I do it with lots of respect for you but if you don't want to watch it is at 7 PM  evening 
Man: on TF1 
Mika: My sister has a child and on Friday evenings he might be watching TV. I don't want him to see this. It's just to explain to you that it's not always easy to have someone in the family doing this and the others don't do this public job and it can be disruptive in many ways and instead of hiding this in a cupboard or under a bed it's better to talk about it.
Man: Your news is that you are back at The Voice.
Man: And quite frankly TF1 spoiled you. I don't know if you have seen the trailer for it and for your return but it's amazing! 
Mika: No. Yes I'm kidding you.
Man: You are a star, a pop idol, it must feel amazing.
Mika: It's mainly funny and my friends, the other coaches, they played along.No it shows a bit the fresh look  and the generosity of this season which is an excellent season.
Man: The show is being recorded now.
Mika: I did several seasons so to be back and to be back with the energy there is this season, that is wonderful. In all honesty you're gonna love it.
Man: Are there difference between the seasons you were involved in before and this one?
Mika: Yes huge ones but it's for me to tell you. Watch it and you will really see. 
Man: It's coming very soon on TF1 ,  The Voice returns with Mika. Are you still surprised by the show?
Mika: When is it going to be on TV?
 Man: I think mid february if I'm not wrong. Star Academie is over mid february and I think it starts right after or a few weeks after. We'll talk about it again on radio scoop of course. Niko who is in front of me is not feeling well because he doesn't know when it will start either. (Laughing) Do you still get surprised by the contestants? By the voices you hear in The Voice? 
Mika: Yeah
Man: Really, you still get surprised?
Mika: Yeah yeah really and also I think that some contestants who are there, many of them truly have what it takes to really have a career and songs. Sometimes they don't have the songs of course but it's the challenge for everyone but they have this thing, this magic, this artistic soul. More than ever. Of course there are huge voices but also once in a while one has something special and fitting. And there is something special which is rare about The Voice French edition and you don't know how rare it is that France is the only country that launched that many careers.
Man: Que ta tête fleurisse toujours is Mika's new album available since the beginning of December. Mika is on tour in France and close to Lyon on February 25th in Clairmont zénith, on March 16th in Annecy, on March 18th in Grenoble and on March 19th in Lyon. Thank you Mika for coming to Radio Scoop.
Mika: Thank you.
Man: It was a wonderful moment.
Mika: It was a pleasure.
Man: Thank you Mika.

I

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 10

10 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

@crazyaboutmikayou are amazing!!!! :thumb_yello:

I wish I had finished it 

I love translating Mika but at some point I fell asleep with him :floor:

And today will be busy so I can't finish until tonight. He mentions his nephew as someone who'd best not watch some of his interviews then they talk a bit about the tour if I remember well and the guy says they were very hapot to host Mika.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I translated almost all of it last night but I fell asleep so the end is missing and I'll translate it tonight

Thank you so much for all your work!

• Like 1

@holdingyourdrink @SusanT

I updated my previous post with the full translation. @dcdeb @TinyLove_CJ@Anna Ko Kolkowska @Kumazzz @kreacher @Nessaja @mellody

Full translation: 

If I make you listen to this ladies and gentlemen (Relax)  you know it, if I make you listen to this (Love Today)even more and if I make you listen  to this (C'est la vie) you say Mika 
    Mika: Hi! 
    Hello Mika! 
    Mika: Hello! 
    Welcome to Radio Scoop 
    Mika: I'm glad to be here. 
    Let me introduce you to the team and to the public. We are very happy to have you here. First question: how are you? 
    Mika: I'm fine. I'm very well. I feel like...well this is the first interview I'm doing in 2024. 
    How do you spend the holidays season Mika? 
    Mika: I cook. 
    You cook so you eat after. 
    Mika: And this year it was a total disaster. 
    Ah a disaster? 
    Mika: Yes you see I have a house in the US and the tradition is that each year the whole family gets togethee at my place and I cook and in all the American movies there is always that thing, that big ham. 
    Yeah 
    Mika: With cloves everywhere and pineaple stuff. 
    So you tried that this year? 
    Mika: Yes. I cook well but I  
    It was better on TV 
    Mika: Yes I don't cook that type of thing a lot, I don't cook often American dishes. For example turkey, you know those big turkeys, those huge things you see in movies they are not good. Anyway the ham, I cooked the ham, it was fine, with the right shape but I had cooked it ahead so I told myself I would leave it in the oven but I forgot to turn it on low so  
    It was overcooked and you couldn't eat it?  Did you end up eating at mac donald's?  
    Mika: Everyone ended up eating asparagus, brocoli, smoked salmon and pasta with tomato sauce.  
    It doesn't sound like a dream meal, but if it is a meal with you why not?  
    Mika: I will record you and send this as a vocal message to all my family  
    Que ta tête fleurisse toujours is Mika's new album available since the beginning of December and you are on tour in France and here as well, I think your tour starts here on February 26th in Clermont Ferrand, March 16th in Annecy,  March18th in Grenoble and the day after in Lyon (which is sold out( 
    Mika: Clairmont Ferrand will be a very interesting show because it is actually a test show. If you come to this concert... 
    As it is the first date 
    Mika: Actually we added it because we will be there during four, five days and at the end of our stay we'll give this concert and we will find out what it's really like.  
    So Clairmont is where you will be rehearsing? 
    Mika: Yes; exactly and you are going to see the show, you and I will find out about it together. We won't have slept for four or five days, the teams will, like graphic designers start their work after the rehearsal so their work shift starts around 9 PM and stop at 5 AM so it's really a tight schedule. It's going to be interesting to see what happens. 
    So it will take place on February    26th. Check the usual sites to get info and tickets.  
    Mika:  ? 
    Yes it's true you sold Clairmont very well (laughs) He insists on it. Artists often get questions about how they feel before they release an album, but never after. What about you? Your album was out at the beginning of December, how do you feel about it now almost at the end of January just before the tour starts? 
    Mika: What I like a lot is that each person has different favorite songs. The other thing is like as it is in French I was afraid regarding the international market and even if it was released only in a few countries. There are special editions out in other countries like for example in Japan and what's funny is that everything is written in Japanese and translated into Japanese. But there is something really great that's starting to happen: we already started being asked for synching the music for [TV] series in the US. 
    Waoh 
    Mika: And honestly I love the idea that you can erase and break down this idea of fronteers "If you do this it will cut you from this part of...no one will be interested in England 
     Well...it doesn't matter...now you have to express yourself in a totally different way, in a unique way, create your music following your own story and it means that it will stay true and maybe it will evolve a bit  in an improbable way but it stays interesting. 
    Thanks to this album your French listeners have learned even more things about you. You talked about a musical intimate pop diary. Was it absolutely your will when you decided to write the album in French?  
    Mika: Yeah. I wanted to be candid, to be genuine. Also I had this intention...as I am really a singer songwriter composer, a pop anglo saxon  musician. I come from this tradition  I write with my piano. It's truly a British sort of pop I come from 
    We heard that earlier, Love Today chorus is very pop. 
    Mika: Yeah but my challenge was:  How to do this but with French language? In French. 
    Was it tough, was it complicated to mix both?  
    Mika: Finding how to do it was  challenging but it was a challenge that I loved. At Christmas when I read for example in Le Monde "It is pop in French, it was something. No one understood how happy it made me.  
    It was like a Christmas gift. 
    Mika: Exactly like a Christmas gift probably the best I ever got because I had challenged myself to do this two years before [the album release]   
    Since you give your family asparagus you can't expect them to get [nice] gifts (laughing) 
    Mika: Wait a second, don't laugh at  asparagus. How do you cook your asparagus? 
    Don't ask (laughing) I don't know anything about cooking. I had kebab for lunch. 
    Mika: Asparagus. For asparagus you need...how do you say "string"  
    Woman: Un fil [ficelle]  
    Not a thong right?(laughing) 
    Mika: So put the string around the asparagus (le fil) and you put the asparagus standing like a flower bouquet 
    I think about our listeners who just tuned in and heard "put a thong around the asparagus it is very very wierd. It is a very particular mood.  
    Mika: We are in Lyon [famous for its good cooking] peveryone knows that what I'm saying is extremely serious. Then you have to boil them especially the white asparagus and   off the heat under the water. And then, very salty the water of course and for the full flavor you need to leave the asparagus in the water for twenty minutes with the thong around so that the taste and the flavors get into the asparagusagain. Twenty minutes later you eat them they are perfect. You cut the thong and you get into bliss. 
    You cut the thong you get into bliss. 
    I am going to get this carved on a plate and hang it in my kitchen. This is perfect (laughing) 
    The title of the album is "Que ta tête fleurisse toujours" C'est un hommage à ta maman, le premier single aussi que l'on écoute toute la journèe sur Radio Scoop "C'est la vie" It has a very difficult theme and yet everyone feels like partying on that song and I find this totally amazing and it's an art in which you are a absolute master this sort of mix between a difficult theme, sadness emotion and still we want to [dance] it's colorful, it's fun. How  do you manage to create this? 
    Mika: Maybe because I need it. 
    What's your recipe? You already gave us the asparagus recipe. 
    Mika: It's true. I think it's because I need it. I started making music because I needed to.  I felt invisible ok and l would listen to I was a nine years old kid I felt totally invisible. I was fourteen and I felt like I had no value and I would listen to losers who said in songs "I"m a loser but I'm terrific" and when you hear someone saying "I'm a loser baby but I am a hero as well" it gives you ideas, it changes your head and you tell yourself maybe it would be a good idea if I could find a way to do the same. 
    In this album you talk about sad things but also about lighter things and what surprised me is that there are naughty songs in this album. 
    You are a naughty boy 
    Mika: Yes. If you say so. (laughing)  
    And you said it is easier to say this in French than in another language. Why? 
    Mika: Yeah because I told myself in my head,  in English because I always express myself in English in my songs and everyone understands and in French no one understands. Of course what I'm saying is totally stupid but this was e how I felt. 
    Nevertheless we understood in France. 
    Mika: Yes I know. I know and now I'm aware of this because I'm going to be on the stage and sing some songs and this is the moment when I become aware of this. And during the concert I will sing Apocalypse Calypso which is a song of the album and I say things like "a bubble, we f♡♡♡"  
    Yeah 
    Mika: And you can't say that in English it's ugly. In French it's not ugly 
    Yes it's a bit poetic. We almost feel like following you if you allow me (laughing) 
    There are naughty songs, the tribute to your mum, and more you freed yourself in a rather exceptionnal way to the point that you talk about your life with your lover 
    Mika: That's another example that one when I will sing it on stage  
    You had never crossed that point 
    Mika: No. No exactly. I decided to talk about my private life, about something that hurt us very much, about a problem that could have led to a break up. And it's true. Now everything is ok but I have to sing it on stage. And he already explained to me that he will be drinking a beer and a half during each show exactly at that moment he will go to the bar when l'll sing "Moi, Andy et Paris" He swore to me he 8doesn't want to be in the venue because it is too much for him. And he says it sincerely. He says ok you put it on the album. The melody is beautiful. But if you think I will endure watching you singing this so ng in front of, I don't know 5000 15000 people, you think I am a b*****y idiot. And he will put his drink on me.  
    It's a present from Mika. But aside from the problem with this song it is said that your career has often created difficulties in your couple. 
    Mika: It's always the case for all the artists even if they don't talk about it and also for their families. It changes the dynamic. You and I we are talking, we are talking about things my family will never talk about with let's say the same transparency.  Even when I do interviews. Before Christmas I did very intense interviews. And when you talk about intimate things of course it provoked the lions 
     who came to me through the media to talk to me about things that hurt of course. If I don't answer it can turn bad. If I answer in a transparent way, it's good, it's genuine but are those things easy to hear. 
    For people close to you? For your loved ones? 
    Mika: For my sisters and my brother. It's not easy for them. So at some moments I tell them you're not going to like this, don't watch, it involves you but  
    So sometimes you do TV and radio interviews but after you message your loved ones to tell them "Don't watch/ don't listen to/don't read this interview.  
    Mika: No. I tell them "I answer to questions I was asked and I know that maybe one person who is talking to something very intimate  that belongs to all of you, that's the way it is, it's part of the way  that I have decided to write, to live my life, to tell stories. I do it with lots of respect for you but if you don't want to watch it is at 7 PM  evening  
    Man: on TF1  
    Mika: My sister has a child and on Friday evenings he might be watching TV. I don't want him to see this. It's just to explain to you that it's not always easy to have someone in the family doing this and the others don't do this public job and it can be disruptive in many ways and instead of hiding this in a cupboard or under a bed it's better to talk about it. 
    Man: Your news is that you are back at The Voice. 
    Man: And quite frankly TF1 spoiled you. I don't know if you have seen the trailer for it and for your return but it's amazing!  
    Mika: No. Yes I'm kidding you. 
    Man: You are a star, a pop idol, it must feel amazing. 
    Mika: It's mainly funny and my friends, the other coaches, they played along.No it shows a bit the fresh look  and the generosity of this season which is an excellent season. 
    Man: The show is being recorded now. 
    Mika: I did several seasons so to be back and to be back with the energy there is this season, that is wonderful. In all honesty you're gonna love it. 
    Man: Are there difference between the seasons you were involved in before and this one? 
    Mika: Yes huge ones but it's for me to tell you. Watch it and you will really see.  
    Man: It's coming very soon on TF1 ,  The Voice returns with Mika. Are you still surprised by the show? 
    Mika: When is it going to be on TV? 
     Man: I think mid february if I'm not wrong. Star Academie is over mid february and I think it starts right after or a few weeks after. We'll talk about it again on radio scoop of course. Niko who is in front of me is not feeling well because he doesn't know when it will start either. (Laughing) Do you still get surprised by the contestants? By the voices you hear in The Voice?  
    Mika: Yeah 
    Man: Really, you still get surprised? 
    Mika: Yeah yeah really and also I think that some contestants who are there, many of them truly have what it takes to really have a career and songs. Sometimes they don't have the songs of course but it's the challenge for everyone but they have this thing, this magic, this artistic soul. More than ever. Of course there are huge voices but also once in a while one has something special and fitting. And there is something special which is rare about The Voice French edition and you don't know how rare it is that France is the only country that launched that many careers. 
    Man: Que ta tête fleurisse toujours is Mika's new album available since the beginning of December. Mika is on tour in France and close to Lyon on February 25th in Clairmont zénith, on March 16th in Annecy, on March 18th in Grenoble and on March 19th in Lyon. Thank you Mika for coming to Radio Scoop. 
    Mika: Thank you. 
    Man: It was a wonderful moment. 
    Mika: It was a pleasure. 
    Man: Thank you Mika.

I

https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/36684-mika-in-french-press-and-other-media-2024/?do=findComment&comment=4292888

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 11

30 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

The tiktok live Radio Scoop interview

was shared by bloom boy on twitter so now we have the video :wootjump: @Kumazzz

https://drive.usercontent.google.com/download?id=1GXMFVvFY20dnUEmgvHNtKtsQLNHX9u40&export=download

Thanks a lot for posting the translation and google drive url. @crazyaboutmika

I don't know why bloom boy blocked me...

The video file is same as @krysady posting to here.

On 1/19/2024 at 5:00 AM, krysady said:

A part of the TikTok live, the first 3 minutes the audio is very low: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GXMFVvFY20dnUEmgvHNtKtsQLNHX9u40/view?pli=1

• Like 3