2024 - Mika @ Zénith Clermont-Ferrand, France, 26 February REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

I totally understand why mika uses backing tracks for the chorus of the dance falsetto songs such as rain or relax (he has done it for quite some years, and these parts are so difficult to sing) especially if it's more of a backing vocals thing. However, I just like to hear his actual voice as it is both beautiful and can convey so many emotions, that's why i love the live versions of songs like happy ending.  And i like to hear it as purely as possible.

I don't really understand the use of pre recorded backing tracks/ doubling of the main vocals (i mean it's a different thing with actual background singers) for the songs where there is not so much falsetto or which are much calmer. Mika's voice is so beautiful and touching and i would love to hear it more in songs like moi, Andy & paris or feels like fire.

It's strange when his voice is almost as loud as before when he is not singing at all as in the video of the former and it makes it more difficult to follow his actual singing.

I'm glad somebody else also noticed that, i thought it was crazy.

I used to be a big Michael jackson fan as a teen and that game of differentiating between live and playback has bizarrely been a big game in these years, also in fanclubs xD (and Michael jackson lip synced a lot, in that case we were always searching for the tiny bits of his actual singing voice in his performances xD)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

And it might also be a way to save a bit of energy so he doesn't have to use 150% of his vocal strength for every song and can focus on those difficult and acoustic moments like in Happy Ending or 30 Secondes.

This is totally understanding, you're right.

In fact I was thinking these days about his philharmonic concert in June. Usually he was preparing for 6-8 months in advance for a concert like this, having a strict regimen and intense voice training sessions long time before performing with an orchestra, since for such a performance he can not afford to mess up not even a note. 

And now he has scheduled 28 gigs before that one! 28 gigs in these 6 months!! :aah:  It's crazy and I hope his voice will resist and be in good shape till the end of his tour, and I totally understand if he's using a bit of help all this time, as long as we can still hear his voice live :original:

• Like 2

On 3/3/2024 at 4:00 AM, Kumazzz said:

@Romy04 has updated her YouTube Channel @romyblue528

Thanks a million for sharing !!!

1. Bougez
  2. Apocalypse Calypso
  3. Talk About You
  4. Sweetie Banana
  5. Feels like Fire
  6. Underwater
  7. Relax
  8. YoYo