2024 - Mika @ Zénith Clermont-Ferrand, France, 26 February REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

I also really miss some songs (tiny love as one of my absolute faves, or Rain or Boum boum boum, lollipop or Origin of love (as i would have hoped for them, there are of course also some songs like my all time faves toy boy and billy brown i would like mika to sing but i would have never expected them. I would have also loved to hear Passager. 

However, I think it's an interesting and long setlist with some very cool and surprising choices such as Any other World and talk about you (I'm so happy about them!) and i'm sure it makes even more sense in the concept of the whole show.

• Like 3

He said in some interviews that he wants the show to be flexible, so I could imagine he might change the setlist a little bit for each gig. I wouldn't rely on too much and travel just because of certain songs. ;) It's the overall experience that counts, and I'm sure that's great. :thumb_yello: Personally I would also wish for Tiny Love and Passager, and skip some others instead... but as I said, he might change things anyway, and even if not, it's an interesting setlist, a bit different than usual. :)

• Like 10

51 minutes ago, mellody said:

Found the setlist on Twitter:

Hide contents

20240226_225319.jpg

Wow, some unusual choices?! :shocked: seems he wanted to make sure no one got the first 5 right for the competition? :lmfao:

Wow ! Totally unexpected, and I find that really great ! That's nice he's trying more rare songs ! If thatdoesn't change, half of the setlist will be songs I never heard live, or songs I didn't hear since veeery long. A totally new experience of a Mika gig, that's just incredibly great ! It didn't happen since the Symphonic in another category, or simply my fist concerts in 2010. Wow ! 

Well, I regret a little the absence of Passager, Je sais que je t'aime, or at least, tiny love or OOL, but Mika has pretty much a lot of songs now, so obviously, there is still at least one song that I miss now ... But Feels like fire, and the return of that tear-jerker of mine, Any other world are pretty good choices too from my pov. ^_^

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 2

I can imagine that he will change the setlist as he goes, and as the show develops over the summer.

I'd like to know the overall impression people had of the gig.  And what they think of the merch.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

I'm tempted to open a separate thread for this, I'm so curious what everyone guessed :D

I got 4 out of 5... :blink:  even I'm shocked by my own guessing! I just didn't think he'd sing Talk About You.

Looks like an amazing setlist to me, especially from Popular onwards! :biggrin2:

• Like 4

More stories I found on IG ... but I think that's the last videos I'll post for tonight, need to sleep.

Spoiler

Big Girl, with going in the crowd  

more of Bougez

Some clips of C'est La vie 

Elle me dit

Grace Kelly

Happy Ending

Relax

Sweetie Banana

Talk About You

Underwater

Jane Birkin

And a photo

photo-car.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Ok, 2 more

Spoiler

30 secondes - I love it that he's giving a fan their "30 seconds" of fame on stage for this song, I wonder if he'll keep that for the tour? Hopefully! :crossed:

and the final of WAG, Mika taking off his shirt

So the "no barrier" thing isn't true in any case... on the contrary, the gap looks quite big.

• Like 3

Just now, Noda said:

Those vidéos hide with me and don't work 

Can anyone help me 

it should show if you just click on the "reveal hidden contents"?

14 minutes ago, Noda said:

I clicked on it but the video Doesn't work 

Can anyone send them in message ? 

I sent you the content of this post via DM... hope it works. If not, check your browser settings / allow scripts and cookies on this website.

28 minutes ago, mellody said:

I'm leaving the concert!! this new show is just incredible!! We just move!! The part about c'est la vie is for me the best painting even if the whole show is incredibly! the decorations are sublime!! and the time went by super quickly! thank you MIKA

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PabloMena said:

No. But Origin or tiny love are greats songs too , wishing they were part of the concert is not being unhappy. For my part, I am from South America and I have never attended a Mika concert, I was thinking about traveling to Europe which would mean a great investment, and I love all the songs but I would also love to listen for first time Origin of love, Tiny love or maybe good guys

Mika might change his setlist he often does during a tour :thumb_yello: Origin of Love is one of my very fav too and I understand you very well. But on this tour he had to find a way to fit his new songs...however I would be amazed if he sang the same songs night after night, so let's see how it goes :pray:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Getting 80's vibes from the artwork! Love those staring eyes! 👀 

Really hoping people will share some pics and videos here, I'm not too fussed about spoilers myself! 😆

:yeah: Me neither :hi5:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PabloMena said:

No. But Origin or tiny love are greats songs too , wishing they were part of the concert is not being unhappy. For my part, I am from South America and I have never attended a Mika concert, I was thinking about traveling to Europe which would mean a great investment, and I love all the songs but I would also love to listen for first time Origin of love, Tiny love or maybe good guys

I would like him to remove Popular and sing Origin of love instead :pray:

• Like 2

So you may have seen that Mika stopped for a few minutes after the show to say hi to fans who were waiting. He didn't get out of his car, and he didn't speak, just gestured.

Here's the little video that Mara posted:

I spoke to Fanny afterward and she said that she asked Mika about posting videos from the show, and he indicated that he'd like it if we held off on that for a while, so I haven't been posting on social media, but I think here with spoilers as we've been doing is OK. :dunno:

So... having said that... I didn't see any clips of this song yet (from Fanny), unless I somehow skipped over them:

Spoiler

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

PRESS REVIEW

La Montagne

publié le 26/02/2024 à 23h52

Spoiler

Concert
Mika a lancé son flamboyant Apocalypse Calypso Tour au Zénith d'Auvergne

Une arrivée théâtrale, un gros show, de la couleur, des costumes et des tubes pour danser, danser et danser encore… Le nouvel Apocalypse Calypso Tour de Mika, lancé lundi 26 février au Zénith d'Auvergne, c’est absolument comme prévu et franchement mieux qu’espéré. © BOILEAU FRANCK

Annoncé (par surprise) il y a à peine deux mois, le concert de Mika au Zénith d'Auvergne a pourtant rassemblé 4.000 personnes. Le chanteur divinement pop a offert ce lundi 26 février à Clermont-Ferrand la première date de sa nouvelle tournée européenne. Son Apocalypse Calypso Tour est particulièrement généreux.

C’était donc le moment de justifier son statut d’expert ès musique pop. Verdict : Mika tient toujours son rang. Quatre mille paires d’yeux et autant d’oreilles ont jugé très favorablement son nouveau show répondant au doux et néanmoins paradoxal nom d’Apocalypse Calypso Tour… Comme l’idée d’une fin du monde joyeuse, forcément colorée et festive. C’est bien la signature de ce Pygmalion, amoureux de la vie de son début jusqu’à sa fin. Entre ces deux extrémités, Mika célèbre une quantité de présents à vivre intensément. C’est la clef de son live qui va, après cette première date au Zénith d’Auvergne, s’abattre sur l’Europe : de l’énergie toujours, jamais la même. Il en change d’ailleurs comme de chemises et de costumes.

Généreux à l'excès

Grosse nappe de sons et sirènes. Deux faisceaux de lumière s’échappent de la large figure qui barre le rideau de scène. Il s’ouvre sur une cage lumineuse d’où s’envole un drôle d’oiseau. C’est un ange du diable, écarlate, qui invite le public à Bougez. Mika donne le ton d’un show généreux à l’excès. La débauche de lumières n’est pas en adéquation avec la conjoncture qui appelle l’économie. Heureusement c’est de la LED. Tout le camaïeu, du rose pâle au zinzolin, s’affiche dans les costumes des quatre musiciens (guitare, basse, batterie, claviers) et dans des videos ultra-pop. Les images de l’écran ultra-géant se reflètent dans une scène miroir. Les musiciens sur praticables mouvants s’écartent, laissant à Mika le soin d’habiter cette scène à lui seul. Il y parvient sans mal. Impeccable, il donne de la voix, de son corps et de sa personne sans compter. C’est un dogme.

Partage

Bougez donc, puis Apocalypse Calypso, Talk about you, Sweetie Banana. Il revient en vert brillant pour Feels Like Fire puis Underwater. Sa veste éclate… Pas très grave, il en dégaine un ensemble gris à paillettes, détonateur de la première bombe de la soirée : Relax. Il prend visiblement beaucoup de plaisir et veut le partager. Il a surtout l’intelligence de ne pas appuyer sur ce tube qui écraserait trop tôt le show. Mais puisque le Zénith s’est transformé en dance floor, il déclenche Yo Yo, son hommage à Jane Birkin et, pour la première fois sur scène Moi, Andy et Paris. Le public n’a pas encore eu le temps de respirer.

Mika s’évade une poignée de secondes et revient en jaune - jaune de chez jaune - pour la deuxième bombe : sur Big Girl, il s’offre un petit tour dans la fosse. Le revoilà en blanc pour la troisième déflagration nommée Elle me dit. Cela avant qu’un piano ailé ne fasse son apparition pour Trente secondes. Même quand c’est calme, ça pulse. Il ne manque rien, pas même un jeune garçon à la voix sincère, invité sur la scène. Tout se passe idéalement. Heureusement qu’un clavier capricieux nous rappelle au bon plaisir du live et de ses aléas. Le temps de retrouver la prise et c’est un retour en Grace Kelly… Et l’on vous jure qu’un arc-en-ciel jaillit alors dudit piano. Bombe atomique !

C'est énorme

Mais que manque-t-il ? Peut-être Mika, arborant telle Peau d’Âne un costume couleur de lune, descendant des cintres entre des feux d’artifice. Et bien ça aussi c’est prévu, pour chanter C’est la vie qui annonce un Happy Ending de circonstance. Vous avez compris le principe… Et vous avez compris que c’est énorme. C’est comme ça pendant deux heures. Mika a donc bien lancé sa nouvelle tournée.

Google translator

Mika launched his flamboyant Apocalypse Calypso Tour at the Zénith d'Auvergne

A theatrical arrival, a big show, color, costumes and hits to dance, dance and dance again... Mika's new Apocalypse Calypso Tour, launched Monday February 26 at the Zénith d'Auvergne, is absolutely as expected and frankly better than expected. © BOILEAU FRANCK

Announced (by surprise) barely two months ago, Mika's concert at the Zénith d'Auvergne nevertheless brought together 4,000 people. The divinely pop singer offered this Monday, February 26 in Clermont-Ferrand the first date of his new European tour. His Apocalypse Calypso Tour is particularly generous.

It was therefore the moment to justify his status as a pop music expert. Verdict: Mika still holds her place. Four thousand pairs of eyes and as many ears judged very favorably his new show responding to the sweet and nevertheless paradoxical name of Apocalypse Calypso Tour... Like the idea of a joyful end of the world, necessarily colorful and festive. This is indeed the signature of this Pygmalion, in love with life from its beginning to its end. Between these two ends, Mika celebrates a quantity of presents to be experienced intensely. This is the key to his live performance which will, after this first date at the Zénith d’Auvergne, fall on Europe: energy always, never the same. He also changes them like shirts and suits.

Generous to excess

Big layer of sounds and sirens. Two beams of light escape from the large figure blocking the stage curtain. It opens onto a luminous cage from which a strange bird flies away. It is a scarlet angel of the devil who invites the public to Move. Mika sets the tone for an excessively generous show. The riot of lights is not in line with the economic situation. Fortunately it's LED. All shades, from pale pink to zinzolin, are displayed in the costumes of the four musicians (guitar, bass, drums, keyboards) and in ultra-pop videos. Images from the ultra-giant screen are reflected in a mirror scene. The musicians on moving platforms move aside, leaving Mika to inhabit this stage alone. He succeeds without difficulty. Impeccable, he gives his voice, his body and his person without counting. It's a dogma.

Sharing

So move, then Apocalypse Calypso, Talk about you, Sweetie Banana. It returns in shiny green for Feels Like Fire then Underwater. His jacket bursts... Not a big deal, he pulls out a gray sequined outfit, detonating the first bombshell of the evening: Relax. He clearly enjoys it a lot and wants to share it. Above all, he has the intelligence not to press this hit which would crush the show too soon. But since the Zénith has been transformed into a dance floor, he unleashes Yo Yo, his tribute to Jane Birkin and, for the first time on stage, Moi, Andy et Paris. The public has not yet had time to breathe.

Mika escapes for a few seconds and returns in yellow - yellow from yellow - for the second bomb: on Big Girl, he takes a little ride in the pit. Here he is again in white for the third explosion called Elle me dit. This before a winged piano makes its appearance for Thirty seconds. Even when it's calm, it pulses. Nothing is missing, not even a young boy with a sincere voice, invited on stage. Everything is going ideally. Fortunately, a capricious keyboard reminds us of the pleasure of live performance and its hazards. Time to find the grip and it's a return to Grace Kelly... And we swear to you that a rainbow then springs from said piano. Atomic bomb !

It is enormous

But what is missing? Maybe Mika, wearing a moon-colored costume like Donkey Skin, descending from the hangers between fireworks. Well that’s also planned, to sing C’est la vie announces a fitting Happy Ending. You understand the principle… And you understand that it’s huge. It's like that for two hours. Mika has therefore launched his new tour well.

5 pics ( Mika's first outfit )

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Setlist on 26 February 2024

Reveal hidden contents

https://twitter.com/deartinylove/status/1762229578590818796

26 February 2024

1. bougez
  2. apocalypse calypso
  3. talk about you
  4. sweetie banana
  5. feels like fire
  6. underwater
  7. relax, take it easy
  8. yo-yo
  9. jane birkin
  10. moi, andy et paris
  11. big girl
  12. popular song
  13. elle me dit
  14. 30 secondes
  15. grace kelly
  16. c'est la vie
  17. happy ending
  18. love today
  19.  any other world
  20. we are golden

February 26, 2024

SETLIST

20 songs

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mika/2024/zenith-dauvergne-cournon-dauvergne-france-2bad0852.html

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jatspeedy said:

Another clip with an interlude I found!

Hide contents

The ending of Moi, Andy et Paris with the Big Girl interlude https://www.instagram.com/reel/C30v4mFoXkd/?igsh=MWUzeTA0aTZyaHd4Mw==

Is that Jo Brand speaking for the intro of Big Girl?? That's so fitting :D

He might have asked her to do it when they were filming The Piano Christmas special.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Is that Jo Brand speaking for the intro of Big Girl?? That's so fitting :D

He might have asked her to do it when they were filming The Piano Christmas special.

I was thinking the same, but I wasn't entirely sure! I hope it's her because that would be amazing!

• Like 2