2024 - Berlin: meetup and cake/flowers for Mika

mellody

4 hours ago, MFC_Hasi said:

I also had @Statue_of_Liberty‘s help and it would have not been possible to realize this project because she also was fine with the fact that we used her kitchen :thumb_yello:

The layers were vanilla sponge cake. They were filled with a simple buttercream with sweetened condensed milk. The whole cake was isolated with a ganache made of cream and strawberry chocolate. Then on the outside of the cake was fondant. The decoration was completely edible, therefore we used printed fondant paper, sugar and wafer flowers, marzipan and different food colors. The „flames“ at the edge of the caked was a vanilla marshmallow cream :eat:

Thank you so much for explaining all the details :hug:  So much work and so much love went into it :wub2: I love how Mika cut the slice so carefully because he is in awe with your cake :wub2: His face when he sees the rainbow and tastes it is like a kid's opening his christmas presents :wub2: 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mayli said:

I saw the cake 🎂 was so nice and I appreciate what fans took times and have put a lot of hearts on making cakes for MIKA but I always have a bit wondering in my mind that singers can't really eat sweet foods which actually are not good for the throat but harm so much? 😅

I don't know MIKA had followed this rules for so long or not but at the same time I also saw him ate chocolates or candied in so many of his online posts in the past, just so curious and wondering how did he kept his nice singing voice! 😂

He's usually very strict about what he eats and drinks when preparing for a tour and actually touring.  He even stops speaking before a perfomance to protect his voice.  Generally he doesn't accept food gifts, but when fans have made something very special for him like this cake, he likes to show his appreciation.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mayli said:

I saw the cake 🎂 was so nice and I appreciate what fans took times and have put a lot of hearts on making cakes for MIKA but I always have a bit wondering in my mind that singers can't really eat sweet foods which actually are not good for the throat but harm so much? 😅

I don't know MIKA had followed this rules for so long or not but at the same time I also saw him ate chocolates or candied in so many of his online posts in the past, just so curious and wondering how did he kept his nice singing voice! 😂

Mika doesn't eat a lot of sweets, and in fact I wouldn't know that they are a problem for the throat or the voice, unless you eat far too much of it, or if you eat something like chocolate right before singing (but this was after the show, not before). Ofc it's not good for your health in general, but one piece of cake (and I'm not even sure he ate the whole piece, it might just have been that one bite) isn't a problem if it stays the exception.

• Like 2