2024 - Berlin: meetup and cake/flowers for Mika

mellody

Hi @mellody This is a fab idea, sounds like you'll all have a great time!  Unfortunately I won't be in Berlin :crybaby: but I'd like to contribute for the cake/flowers. I'm having issues with PayPal though, so I'll dm you. For the card, please use Andrea (Hero). Thanks!

• Like 1

First post ist updated again.

We meanwhile have nearly 300€ for the flowers & cake, so it will be a nice big bouquet, maybe with a vase so the crew can take it on the tourbus if they want to keep it - and I also told Saskia & Miri that they can plan in more for the cake if they want to. They'll be going to a baking trade fair this weekend, collecting ideas and maybe ingredients.

As for the meetup, apparently there are no restaurants / bars directly around the venue, so we'll probably be going in the direction of Checkpoint Charlie, there's a lot in that area and it's not too far away. Also it seems to be harder than I thought to find a place that is kind of a mix between restaurant and bar - so maybe we'll make 2 reservations in places close to each other, one for dinner around 6-7pm and one for drinks later. Or maybe just for drinks, as some of you said that they will probably only arrive later. Just wondering, of those who said they want to join the meetup, who would definitely want to join for dinner already at ca. 6/7pm (and any preferences as to what kind of food)?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 3/19/2024 at 10:22 PM, mellody said:

although of course we're aware that he probably won't eat it, as he has to keep to a diet to be able to do his high energy shows.

Meanwhile, Mika: 

:lmfao: sorry to his crew, he'll eat Miri's cake alone. :naughty:

• Haha 9

On 3/22/2024 at 2:02 PM, mellody said:

As for the meetup, apparently there are no restaurants / bars directly around the venue, so we'll probably be going in the direction of Checkpoint Charlie, there's a lot in that area and it's not too far away. Also it seems to be harder than I thought to find a place that is kind of a mix between restaurant and bar - so maybe we'll make 2 reservations in places close to each other, one for dinner around 6-7pm and one for drinks later. Or maybe just for drinks, as some of you said that they will probably only arrive later. Just wondering, of those who said they want to join the meetup, who would definitely want to join for dinner already at ca. 6/7pm (and any preferences as to what kind of food)?

If reservation for dinner, I personally would prefer 7 pm (or later), because I'll be visiting the city the whole day and probably won't be done with it before 7pm.

Or only the bar a little later, like from 8 pm or so... But that's just my situation. :dunno:

Preferences for food... just nothing too special... Pizza is always an easy option for example.

• Like 3

I have contributed some money too 🙏🏼 Is there already a time planned for the meetup next Monday? 
btw for the name you can decide between my username or my full name Isabelle Kempa ;)

Edited by EzPz_german_squeezy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, EzPz_german_squeezy said:

Is there already a time planned for the meetup next Monday?

No, but I think we'll pick a later time, as most MFCers don't seem to have time so early... so as it's not dinner at 6pm, I have to bring my kids to bed first, so I'm thinking around 9pm.

• Like 5

BTW I'd love to participate in the cake/flowers thing!! But I don't have PayPal, I can pay you guys directly if it's OK for you or with another bank transfer! 😊

• Like 2

On 3/26/2024 at 8:09 PM, Meeks said:

Helloo! Happy to join you all on Monday If possible!😁

Added you!

On 3/26/2024 at 8:33 PM, Meeks said:

BTW I'd love to participate in the cake/flowers thing!! But I don't have PayPal, I can pay you guys directly if it's OK for you or with another bank transfer! 😊

What you prefer. :thumb_yello: please DM me how much we can expect from you, so I know what to plan in.

I've updated the first post. Finishing the card this weekend, so if you still want to contribute (and be on the card), please send the money until tomorrow (or let me know how much I can plan in for you, if you prefer to give it to me in Berlin).

If there‘s any chance of some photos or a video from the cake handover, I‘d really love to see Mika‘s reaction to it :yes:

I wish all of you who will be in Berlin a fantastic time!

1 minute ago, Deepblue said:

If there‘s any chance of some photos or a video from the cake handover, I‘d really love to see Mika‘s reaction to it :yes:

I wish all of you who will be in Berlin a fantastic time!

I don't think we can hand over the cake to Mika in person. We'll give it to someone of his team or of the venue, so it'll wait for him in his dressing room. If we're lucky, he'll post about it, or thank us in some way... but he doesn't always do that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mellody said:

I don't think we can hand over the cake to Mika in person. We'll give it to someone of his team or of the venue, so it'll wait for him in his dressing room. If we're lucky, he'll post about it, or thank us in some way... but he doesn't always do that.

He can invite us to eat the cake 😁 I‘m really curious about how it tastes like 😁

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, EzPz_german_squeezy said:

He can invite us to eat the cake 😁 I‘m really curious about how it tastes like 😁

Then I‘ll definitely want a photo proof! :lol3:

I‘d even appreciate a heads-up in case he reacts via Instagram or whatever, as I still successfully manage to keep away from these platforms :wink2:

• Like 1

I've booked a table now on Monday at 9pm for 15-20 people at this Tapas Bar near Checkpoint Charlie: https://mundo.berlin/zimmerstrasse/en/ (unfortunately the website doesn't work for me in every browser, not sure why...). It was an online booking on their website and I got an immediate e-mail confirmation, so I assume/hope it worked. After booking I saw that they would have a cocktail happy hour until 9pm - so if any of you want to get a cocktail for the happy hour price, either let me know, then I'll try to call them and change the booking to 8pm (I probably can't be there yet by that time, but if you know you'll arrive sooner, I can send you my name and the reservation number, so you can already take the place). Or maybe it'd be enough if you arrive a few minutes earlier and already order your cocktail before 9pm.

I hope it's ok for everyone who wants to come to the meetup.

• Like 8

Hi! I would like to cancel the reservation for me and the two people who are with me for dinner. I apologise. I hope I have told you in good time and not caused any problems. Wishing all of you who will be there a good evening

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Elly1974 said:

Hi! I would like to cancel the reservation for me and the two people who are with me for dinner. I apologise. I hope I have told you in good time and not caused any problems. Wishing all of you who will be there a good evening

It's ok, thanks - I booked for 15-20 people, there's 20 on the list, so a few less doesn't matter.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 11:10 PM, mellody said:

I've booked a table now on Monday at 9pm for 15-20 people at this Tapas Bar near Checkpoint Charlie: https://mundo.berlin/zimmerstrasse/en/ (unfortunately the website doesn't work for me in every browser, not sure why...). It was an online booking on their website and I got an immediate e-mail confirmation, so I assume/hope it worked. After booking I saw that they would have a cocktail happy hour until 9pm - so if any of you want to get a cocktail for the happy hour price, either let me know, then I'll try to call them and change the booking to 8pm (I probably can't be there yet by that time, but if you know you'll arrive sooner, I can send you my name and the reservation number, so you can already take the place). Or maybe it'd be enough if you arrive a few minutes earlier and already order your cocktail before 9pm.

I hope it's ok for everyone who wants to come to the meetup.

That looks perfect, it's quite close to our hotel and I personally love Spanish food/drinks! I have to ask my friend but I think I wouldn't mind coming a bit earlier for dinner so maybe we will be there already around 8pm. (I guess there will be enough free tables for 2 if we come earlier so don't worry about the reservation)

"Spanish/Czech/German Beers" – I don't drink beer but it's a nice combination for me :biggrin2:

Edited by giraffeandy
  • Like 3

s**t is getting real now - I packed almost my whole cake equipment in the biggest suitcase available to carry it 750km through Germany :lol3: Here‘s a little spoiler for the inside of the cake which will be also delivered to him, so he and his team can see what‘s inside - just in case if there are allergies etc. After finishing the cake and its decoration we will share pictures of it here and on FB/Instagram as a proof :lol3:

See you all on Monday for the Meet-up or on the gigday at latest :mf_rosetinted:

38BDEE5A-B0BE-40F8-910A-8AB413AEC7CC.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

Hello Karin and Miri,
Arriving quite late, as usual :angelnot:
I will only arrive by plane on Tuesday morning, so not beeing able to meet you the evening before.

But I'm more than happy to take part to the cake/flowers gifts.
I'll PayPal asap!
See you there, Isa.:huglove:

• Like 4

A few can't make it to the meetup tonight, I've taken them off the list... if any of the "maybe's" are sure whether they can make it or not, plmk - I might need to adjust the booking if we end up just being 10 instead of 20. :rolleyes:

Also, if you haven't sent the money for the gift yet, please do so until tonight. I'll finish the card then and will buy the flowers tomorrow morning when the shops open. ( @ISAJF414). If you send money later, I'll take it as a contribution to the balloon fanaction.

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

A few can't make it to the meetup tonight, I've taken them off the list... if any of the "maybe's" are sure whether they can make it or not, plmk - I might need to adjust the booking if we end up just being 10 instead of 20. :rolleyes:

Also, if you haven't sent the money for the gift yet, please do so until tonight. I'll finish the card then and will buy the flowers tomorrow morning when the shops open. ( @ISAJF414). If you send money later, I'll take it as a contribution to the balloon fanaction.

I'll be there, depends on my flight. Looks fine for now. I can be there at 9pm (7pm would have been a problem).

• Like 2