introducing myself!

Hey there everyone!

My name is Josephine, I'm 20 years old, live in the Netherlands and I really love music in general. So much so that I study classical oboe at the conservatory.

I remember listening to the radio when I was  I suppose about 6 years old, which is where I first heard Mika, I'm assuming I like the songs I heard because I remembered them (my memory is very blotchy from back then). When Mika did Eurovision I rediscovered him and started listening his music, but it wasn't till recently that I truly started to look up to him. I've read and watched some articles and interviews and the way he views music and life is just extraordinary. 

I hope this introduction is up to expectations, if there's any questions please let me know. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you. 

Take care. 

Groetjes,

Josephine 

• Like 5

Hello and welcome @Josephine :welcomeani: I hope you enjoy your classical oboe studies, that must be so interesting!

I hope you have fun being in the MIKA Fan Club, see you around the forums :mika1:

• Like 1

Hi @Josephine, welcome to the MFC :welcomeani:

1 hour ago, Josephine said:

So much so that I study classical oboe at the conservatory.

I think you will be interesting in ...

Have you seen an Italian TV series "La Compagnia del Cigno" ( The Swan Company ) " ?

It's the story of seven young musicians aged between 15 and 18 who attend the Giuseppe Verdi Conservatory in Milan.

Original broadcast in Italy by Rai 1 in 2019, and then streaming by France TV in 2023 in France.

:italia:La Compagnia del Cigno

:france:La Compagnia Del Cigno - Les épisodes en replay

We have a thread for the TV series.

La compagnia del cigno ' the new collaboration between Mika and Ivan Cotroneo in 2019 / 2021 on RAI 1

You can watch the video with AUTO-translated subtitles. :bye:

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Thanks 1

Hi Josephine and welcome to the MFC :bye:

Check this thread, it will help you find your way around the forum

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Josephine :welcomeani:

A lot of fans seem to have rediscovered Mika through Eurovision, it's nice to see people make there way to MFC and discover more about him too. 

If you have any questions about the forum just ask! 😊

• Like 2

Hello @Josephine!

Nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

Like you I ever loved the music and, in the past, I have tried to play some instruments like piano, flaute or guitar but my teacher moved away from my city and then I haven't had many opportunities to continue to study with someone else also if sometimes, I try to play something! :harp:

I have read in your introduction that you play classical oboe. It's an interesting choise! If I can ask you this...what do pushed you to study this particular instruments?

Oh....you were a baby when you have discovered Mika for the first time! :lol:

And me too, I love how Mika see the music and I love his vision of life! :wub2:

I hope you have fun here! :thumb_yello::bye:

Edited by Arianne921

2 hours ago, Arianne921 said:

If I can ask you this...what do pushed you to study this particular instruments?

It's a bit of a story. 

I have asthma and as a child it was encouraged for me to play a wind instrument. I was going to play the trombone but I went to the open day at the music school anyway. There I heard someone play the oboe, and I fell in love. It's a very eccentric instrument, it's really hard and very temperamental. But I've loved it since I was 6, and when I finally had my front adult teeth I was so so happy, because I could finally start lessons. Haven't looked back since. 

• Like 4

Hello @Josephine and welcome to the MFC :welcomeani: If you have not seen any of Mika's symphonic concerts, I advise you to do so. I'm sure you will enjoy them. :mika2: Have a lot of fun here!! 

• Like 2

Hi! :bye:

I'm Gabriella and I live in Italy, nice to meet you and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

Have fun here and see you around... :cheer: