My 6 year old daughter now loves Mika!

Mika Mad

Over the past few weeks my six year old daughter has slowly become almost as obsessed with Mika as I am!

When she comes home from school each day, after the usual "what can I eat please" and "I'm thirsty" it's "Please can I hear Mika on your computer"!

It started when I showed her the Grace Kelly video and she was fascinated by the little girl (and the even younger one who appears towards the end). She wants to know why Mika didn't ask her to be in the video!

Then she wanted to watch other Mika songs and recently I caught her typing Mika into Google on her own and she found all sorts of stuff.

Tonight I was trying to explain that maybe, if I'm really lucky, I might get the CD in the post next weekend and she said " WE Mummy,not I!"

:naughty:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 are really into him too - had to print lyrics off so could all sing along in car!!

Got tickets for Brighton to take daughter (12) only to find its a 14 plus venue - not actually told her yet - oops

:shocked:

Think she may be a tad annoyed with me !

:sneaky2:

Your little girl has great taste!

My younger brother (Not much younger) keeps humming Grace Kelly while he plays killing games on the computer and he keeps bugging me to pull the headphones out of my MP4 so he can hear it too. Whenever I go on the web he wants me to play him Billy Brown. He sits there and laughs hysterically at the words. My mum asked what he was laughing at 'This is a perfectly normal song'. hA..

Aw :)

Speaking of other people liking his music, I got my nans to listen to Grace Kelly, and I had headphones plugged into my computer. They had one headphone each and were jigging about shouting "this is good":lol3:

and my mom likes him to. Well she'd better like him she's coming with me to B'ham lol

• 1 month later...

That's so sweet!! My sixyear old daughter likes Mika too! But she can't sing with him because she can't understand the words and they are going to fast. Then I played the song Relax for her. Now she sings the whole day: "Relax!!" She don't know the other words, but I bet she will learn it very quickly because the songs play here all day!!

that's adorable! my younger cousin loves mika; he's always yelling along to Grace Kelly.

Except he says "i can be humble, i can be bumble" instead of hurtful and purple...:roftl: i like that version, too!

Anyone who has the pleasure of coming for a ride in my car gets the added bonus of listening to Mika on my cd player and my vocal talents to boot :roftl:

My mum has actually started to admit she likes his music aswell now

But aww thats so sweet at your 6yr old who is now a Mika obsessive hehe

My two year old sister is like that too!! She likes 'Grace Kelly' and 'Love Today'...she can't sing the songs fully, but she sings snippets. No matter how many times I tell her, she insists on calling Mika 'Grace Kelly'. :original:

My daughter is singing along to almost all the songs now, but it's incredibly funny to hear her versions, as she doesn't know a word English :roftl: every bunny's gonna love today :yay:

My daughters 7 and she thinks im mad!! but she does like acting out Grace Kelly with me and she does the fall at the end. A few weeks ago i was out with family 4 a meal and when the "havent u met anyone nice yet!" conversation came up she said mummys not interested in normal men shes waiting to marry Mika..... how embrassing!!! :blush-anim-cl: xxxx

My daughter is singing along to almost all the songs now, but it's incredibly funny to hear her versions, as she doesn't know a word English :roftl: every bunny's gonna love today :yay:

Every "bunny"?!! AWWWW!!! How cute is sheeeee! :)

My sister sings, "Any way you want to, anyone you want to" yeah...no comments there! lol :roftl:

awwwww thats sooo sweet makes me feel all warm and fussy hehe

My daughters 7 and she thinks im mad!! but she does like acting out Grace Kelly with me and she does the fall at the end. A few weeks ago i was out with family 4 a meal and when the "havent u met anyone nice yet!" conversation came up she said mummys not interested in normal men shes waiting to marry Mika..... how embrassing!!! :blush-anim-cl: xxxx

Hahahahaha! She said that?!! That's actually really cute! But very, very embarrassing for you! yikes! "Mummy's not interested in normal men" - how's Mika not normal?! :shocked::wink2:

Hahahahaha! She said that?!! That's actually really cute! But very, very embarrassing for you! yikes! "Mummy's not interested in normal men" - how's Mika not normal?! :shocked::wink2:

LOL!!! i know children...Bless!!!! Mika not normal, i only let that go cos shes mine!!:naughty: xxx

Awww. My little neice is absolutely mad over Grace Kelly.

Every time it comes on the stereo she starts bopping along in her high chair!! Bless!!

And my nephew was watching Mika on the telly with his band, and ever since he saw Cherisse on the drums, hes been obsessed with drummers and drum kits!!

Hes only 4 but he plays mine!! Im convinced he's gonna be a rockstar one day!

My five year old son got told off at school the other day because he wouldn't (couldn't, more like!) stop singing Billy Brown in the middle of the lesson! He's a definite Mikamite!:naughty:

I think it was the chorus he was singing - hopefully not the bit about falling in love with another man, that may have raised issues no 5 year old should need to face....:roftl:

My five year old son got told off at school the other day because he wouldn't (couldn't, more like!) stop singing Billy Brown in the middle of the lesson! He's a definite Mikamite!:naughty:

I think it was the chorus he was singing - hopefully not the bit about falling in love with another man, that may have raised issues no 5 year old should need to face....:roftl:

hehehehe now why couldnt the teacher have seen the funny side of this? :naughty:

:naughty: mayb the teacher will ask you to go in to explain that one!!!!:biggrin2: xxx

Every "bunny"?!! AWWWW!!! How cute is sheeeee! :)

My sister sings, "Any way you want to, anyone you want to" yeah...no comments there! lol :roftl:

:roftl: :roftl: I like that version :naughty:

most of what my daughter sings is absolute nonsense, but it's kinda funny cause she sometimes gets a word right...so Grace Kelly goes a bit like ah cuppa bah ah cuppa buh ah cuppa violet sky :shocked:

LOL!!! i know children...Bless!!!! Mika not normal, i only let that go cos shes mine!!:naughty: xxx

Awww, sweeet! :)

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: