Mika: There's No 'Enigma' Over My Sexuality

meimei88

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:wink2: it is so funny to see how he plays the press, he feeds them fooder and they gobble it up!!:wink2:

he said;

'If I was worried about my sexuality, I certainly wouldn't have made the record I made. It has to dowith self respect. I'm not creating an enigma or leaving mystery.

I'm just repcting myself enough as an artist to give myself room to grow and not be devoured in one go.I have no intentions to be a cheap Chinese-allyou-eat buffet!'

Why oh why can they not accept that and enjoy Mika as an artist, a songwriter, a performer and an amazing human being!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked:

and this is why we love mika! he's clever enough not to go and tell everyone everything. it means what he's doing will be fresh and exciting for years to come. i wish the press would just leave him alone and let him sort out whatever he has to sort out by himself, without a silly little journalist following him around! why don't we live in a country where people can just appreciate his music without knowing about his preferences?

I just think it's horribly ironic that in his interview on, when was it Friday? Saturday? on Radio 2 from SXSW he was saying how nice it was not to be worrying about the press there because it was only music journos who aren't trying to sell a story and make a buck on nonsense information and so on... pssssh. I'ma gonna get off my soapbox now.

I don't care if he is gay or straight, lesbian or whatever..... I just love his music... I don't think that's important if his sexuality helps him to keep doing that excellent music... so be it.... MIKA ERES LO MAXIMO!!!!!!!!!

What?! :roftl: I almost fell out of my chair! :roftl:

I'm glad you found me amusing, I was being totally serious :wink2:

marielgogo: LESBIAN? I'd love him to be that.. very interesting though!

What I am reading is most of you love Mika regardless and they call it a personal life because it's personal.... For those of you who think that way for what it is worth I could not agree more. Mika tells many stories on his cd and that is another reason why I love him.. He's a great story teller and musician.. And so very young at that..

Another Article... didnt want to start another thread so will chuck it in here...same as the other 2 really..

GAY.COM/PlanetOut.com Network

Pop star Mika has hit out at critics who claim that he is hiding his sexuality, and said that his orientation is obvious to anyone who listens to his music.

"People say, 'You don't talk about sexuality because you're worried about success in the US.' I say, 'Have you heard the ****ing album?'There's a song about a married man who has a homosexual affair. There's no enigma."

Mika also announced plans to represent his home country of Lebanon in next year’s Eurovision.

"I'll write a song for the Lebanese finals next year,†he said. “The music in Eurovision is crap now. It used to be great."

However, Lebanon has been banned from Eurovision until 2009. In 2005, which would have been the country’s first year of participation, they refused to broadcast the Israeli entry on TV. As a result, they were forced to withdraw their entry.

We don't care about his sexuality but the press just wont let it go!! :naughty:

What I don't understand is this- all of these articles were just released yesterday and today, each repeating the other but Mika hasn't given a new interview regarding his sexuality. They are all sort of quoting a previous interview... so why all of a sudden yesterday does this big wave of 'stories' appear?

I guess as each new city/country/continent is exposed to our dear Mika.. people ask the same questions and create a wave of interest. They areold news articles to all of us..but these stories will go around as long as there are new fans and new media and press interest.

Mika also announced plans to represent his home country of Lebanon in next year’s Eurovision.

"I'll write a song for the Lebanese finals next year,†he said. “The music in Eurovision is crap now. It used to be great."

However, Lebanon has been banned from Eurovision until 2009. In 2005, which would have been the country’s first year of participation, they refused to broadcast the Israeli entry on TV. As a result, they were forced to withdraw their entry.

Hey, I saw that interview he said that he MAYBE could THINK of entrying, not now .. he didnt even say that he was. He said that it was a future possibility. And that if he ever entered it was going to be for Lebanon (not UK)

Actually, I think Mika is just trying to keep his personal life personal. Because once you open that door it can't be closed.

And, anyway, he's selling his music, not himself. Maybe he wants people to like his music, and to care about it, more than about his personal lfe.

D.

:blush-anim-cl:

Actually, I think Mika is just trying to keep his personal life personal. Because once you open that door it can't be closed.

And, anyway, he's selling his music, not himself. Maybe he wants people to like his music, and to care about it, more than about his personal lfe.

D.

:blush-anim-cl:

yeah I suppose.. I just dont want him to get AIDS i would be devastated.

and we all know that Aids is far more common in gay-circles. I would stop eating and sobbing for months.

but I for one dont think he's gay. just trying to avoid other question.. its always going to be something the press goes on about. :cool:

and we all know that Aids is far more common in gay-circles. I would stop eating and sobbing for months. :cool:

Not trying to be critical of you or anything, but you can get AIDS no matter what orientation you are. A lot of people think that AIDS is more common in homosexuals but it's also widely spread in heterosexuals. Being gay doesn't make your chances of catching the virus any larger. Just a thought.

anyone can get AIDS, gay or straight, anyway I am sure he is straight.

yes, anyone can get AIDS, not mainly gays. maybe this was true in the early

'80s but I've never really believed that.

think of poor Freddie... his story makes me wanna cry everytime I think about it -it's quite hypocritic, there are so many people diseased from AIDS-

sorry but.. how can you be sure that he's straight?

ANYWAY, I DON'T CARE. :blink:

yes, anyone can get AIDS, not mainly gays. maybe this was true in the early

'80s but I've never really believed that.

think of poor Freddie... his story makes me wanna cry everytime I think about it -it's quite hypocritic, there are so many people diseased from AIDS-

sorry but.. how can you be sure that he's straight?

ANYWAY, I DON'T CARE. :blink:

YEH I DONT CARE EITHER ONE BIT

RIP FREDDIE :rip_1:

that was quite wrong. there are certain areas of the planet where everyone man or woman, gay or straight, is more in danger to get aids. saying aids is more common in gay communities is a prejudice.

and then I am sure, gay or straight, or bi even, he's smart enough to use condom.

and we all know that Aids is far more common in gay-circles. I would stop eating and sobbing for months.

but I for one dont think he's gay. just trying to avoid other question.. its always going to be something the press goes on about. :cool:

that was quite wrong. there are certain areas of the planet where everyone man or woman, gay or straight, is more in danger to get aids. saying aids is more common in gay communities is a prejudice.

and then I am sure, gay or straight, or bi even, he's smart enough to use condom.

*applause* :mf_rosetinted:

:eek:

I think he could be bi....

well, all this talking about Mika's sexuality is getting.. you know...

how can I explain... tasty?!?? or kinda agreeably perverse?

:eek: