I love "A Crippling Blow" it's perfect! Brandon's voice... very hipnotizing and unique!

Owww, i want D&A so badly. I want it now! I need some money!

And of course, i want to see them live.... it's there any chance that they could perform "A Crippling Blow"??? I love it soooo much, you can't imagine how much i love that song!

I'm really starting to like 'em! Their new album is amazing! And why i haven't listened them before? ;D

"Human" is perfect :wub2:

You have the new album? I'm sure it's amazing

I like "Human" but there are some greater songs like "Spaceman", my already favorite (Not in D&A) "A Crippling Blow" and some ones that i'm sure you know.

I'm really starting to like 'em! Their new album is amazing! And why i haven't listened them before? ;D

"Human" is perfect :wub2:

I don't know why you haven't listened to them before, but my order to you is to go and buy their previous records now! :)

I love "A Crippling Blow" it's perfect! Brandon's voice... very hipnotizing and unique!

Owww, i want D&A so badly. I want it now! I need some money!

And of course, i want to see them live.... it's there any chance that they could perform "A Crippling Blow"??? I love it soooo much, you can't imagine how much i love that song!

You have the new album? I'm sure it's amazing

I like "Human" but there are some greater songs like "Spaceman", my already favorite (Not in D&A) "A Crippling Blow" and some ones that i'm sure you know.

I agree, it is a very good song! Too bad it didn't make the record. I would love to hear it live, too, but who knows if they'll play it live or not!

I agree, it is a very good song! Too bad it didn't make the record. I would love to hear it live, too, but who knows if they'll play it live or not!

I hope so! It's one of my fave Killers songs...

How's Day & Age? I was thinking that maybe some of you have already a "veredict" about the record

Btw, i prefer "Don't Shoot Me Santa" than the new christmas song... needs more the Killers, imo... when i hear Brandon's voice in the song.... it gives me chills... i don't know why... he's gifted!

I really like Day and Age, but I'm not as impressed with it as I was with HF or ST. I'm actually a huge fan of ST despite the majority of people who said it was a bad record. The sound on D&A is certainly different and it took me a few days to get used to it.

There's a handfull of songs that I love. And Brandon's lyrics are great on this record. I really miss Dave's roaring guitar solos, though. I really do.

I like the new Christmas single a lot. You don't hear too many Christmas songs these days that have absolutely nothing to do with Santa Claus.

Pfff... ST a bad record? How wrong they are! It's one of my favorite records ever... But is D&A worth it, right? (excuuuuse my bad english)

Awww, no Dave's solos in D&A? I'm gonna miss that.

I'm confused with "A Crippling Blow" lyrics...

It's...

"Deal me a crippling blow

Steal me from under my clothes"

or

"Deal me a crippling blow

Steal me, remember my glow"

I prefer the first one but maybe i'm wrong, i don't know

EDIT: Oh, i heard it... i was right... dam you wrong lyrics!

Now i'm confused again!

"Sleeping in THE lazy afternoon"

or

"Sleeping in A lazy afternoon"

Edited by Kissable

I don't know why you haven't listened to them before, but my order to you is to go and buy their previous records now! :)

I thought i should. I head "Bones" and i really loved the track.

And from "Day & Age" i really love "Hunam", "Spaceman", "Joy ride", "Forget about what i sayd". But really, the album is brilliant! :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...

I read that Keuning said that they might be coming back to Mexico this 2009! I hope it's truee!! I can't f*cking wait!

My top 10! (Not counting bonus tracks blah, blah, blah)

1. Joy Ride

2. This Is Your Life

3. Spaceman

4. A Dustland Fairytale

5. Goodnight, Travel Well <- I fell asleep while i was listening to this song on my mp3 (In a good way), veeeery relaxing... this song reminds me of this video

6. I Can't Stay

7. Neon Tiger

8. Losing Touch

9. Human

10. The World We Live In

TIYL makes me cry

Don't you think they have to release an official dvd?

Edited by Kissable

• 4 weeks later...
I guess I should just be thankful it's in an indoor venue! lol :)

Thanks ladies! I'll be sure to give a report when I return home....probably will post something over the weekend!

awww, i'm so happy for you! have a great time! of course you will :wub2:

i'm taking part in every contest possible and i've got 'i will win the killers tickets' and 'i can has the killers tickets' signs all over my room. visualizations have to work!! :biggrin2: hoping to see them in a month. wait.. i WILL see them in a month! :naughty:

can't wait for your reports!

oh and btw, i love Day&Age more and more every day. i already wrote a mini essay about it on my blog, i LOVE it. it wouldn't be enough to say it grew on me, it's all over me, it owns me, I AM Day & Age. ok, i'm getting all weird, but i really is a good record :naughty:

did i say already that i love the killers?...

awww, i'm so happy for you! have a great time! of course you will :wub2:

i'm taking part in every contest possible and i've got 'i will win the killers tickets' and 'i can has the killers tickets' signs all over my room. visualizations have to work!! :biggrin2: hoping to see them in a month. wait.. i WILL see them in a month! :naughty:

can't wait for your reports!

oh and btw, i love Day&Age more and more every day. i already wrote a mini essay about it on my blog, i LOVE it. it wouldn't be enough to say it grew on me, it's all over me, it owns me, I AM Day & Age. ok, i'm getting all weird, but i really is a good record :naughty:

did i say already that i love the killers?...

Aw, I hope you're able to get tickets!! Which show are you planning to attend?

I agree about Day and Age...I love it and find myself listening to a handful of the songs on repeat a lot. Can't get enough...

Report of the concert to come presently....!!!!

Okay, so here is my report of the concert....

My brother and I got to the concert fairly early. The opening band had not begun yet, so I went to the merch to see what they had. I got a poster and a purple shirt that says "I Got Soul" on the front and "But I'm Not a Soldier" on the back of it. I love it. :)

The band came on a little after 8pm. We were all pumped up to see them when we saw a huge countdown on a large screen behind the stage. All the guys came out and Spaceman began! I LOVE that they used this song as their opener...what a thrill that was, especially since it's one of my favorite tracks from D&A.

Here is the setlist, in case anyone wants to see it:

1. Spaceman

2. Losing Touch

3. For Reasons Unknown

4. Somebody Told Me

5. Smile Like You Mean It

6. This Is Your Life

7. Joy Ride

8. I Can’t Stay

9. Bling (Confession of a King)

10. A Dustland Fairytale

11. Neon Tiger

12. Human

13. Sam’s Town

14. Read My Mind

15. Mr. Brightside

16. All These Things That I’ve Done

Encore:

17. The World We Live In

18. Shadowplay (Joy Division cover)

19. Jenny Was a Friend of Mine

20. When You Were Young

My biggest highlights of the evening:

- Somebody Told Me - This one is usually the song that always gets the crowd jumping! My brother went into this show only knowing this song and he wasn't a fan...but even he cheered and got into this performance. It was nice. :)

- Neon Tiger - all I can say is....WOW...I mean, their performance of this song really blew me away and completely rocked my socks...LOL!! I loved all of it and was glad that I recorded it! The huge tiger skin sheet behind the guys while they played was such a nice touch. Really gave me chills.

- Sam's Town - the performance of ST wasn't what it usually is...this version started out with Brandon playing the piano on his own and then as it progressed the guys joined in playing with him and eventually a violinist played at the very end! It was absolutely stunning. Although I missed the studio version, I have to say I loved this version. It'll be interesting to see it done again.

- All These Things That I've Done - Gah...can't describe the excitement I feel in singing "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier" along with Brandon. There's something extremely powerful about that song and I always look forward to hearing this one live.

The only thing that let me down was the fact that Bones has been cut from the setlist. *sigh* I love that song live...my heart dropped when Brandon told us they were doing one more song and then When You Were Young began to play. lol I love me some Bones live, my friends.

My brother and I waited for the guys to come out, but we eventually had to leave because of the weather (I couldn't feel my feet) and because Evan and I had a six hour drive early the next morning. I was disappointed to miss out on meeting them again, but since there was a chance I wouldn't meet them if I waited I decided it was better to go. There's always next time... :)

I'm slowly but surely getting into The Killers. I think I first became interested in them a year ago when someone told that Rufus Wainwright's Tulsa was about Brandon Flowers. Then I saw Perez interviewing them live at the EMA's and saw their performance on YouTube the following day. :mf_lustslow:

I have passed by their new album sooo many times in music shops, thinking I should buy it but never had the courage because I wasn't sure if I'd like more than just one song, Human. And now that I have been youtubing them for a while... I think I need to buy all their albums! :wub2::naughty:

Okay, so here is my report of the concert....

My brother and I got to the concert fairly early. The opening band had not begun yet, so I went to the merch to see what they had. I got a poster and a purple shirt that says "I Got Soul" on the front and "But I'm Not a Soldier" on the back of it. I love it.

The band came on a little after 8pm. We were all pumped up to see them when we saw a huge countdown on a large screen behind the stage. All the guys came out and Spaceman began! I LOVE that they used this song as their opener...what a thrill that was, especially since it's one of my favorite tracks from D&A.

Here is the setlist, in case anyone wants to see it:

1. Spaceman

2. Losing Touch

3. For Reasons Unknown

4. Somebody Told Me

5. Smile Like You Mean It

6. This Is Your Life

7. Joy Ride

8. I Can’t Stay

9. Bling (Confession of a King)

10. A Dustland Fairytale

11. Neon Tiger

12. Human

13. Sam’s Town

14. Read My Mind

15. Mr. Brightside

16. All These Things That I’ve Done

Encore:

17. The World We Live In

18. Shadowplay (Joy Division cover)

19. Jenny Was a Friend of Mine

20. When You Were Young

My biggest highlights of the evening:

- Somebody Told Me - This one is usually the song that always gets the crowd jumping! My brother went into this show only knowing this song and he wasn't a fan...but even he cheered and got into this performance. It was nice.

- Neon Tiger - all I can say is....WOW...I mean, their performance of this song really blew me away and completely rocked my socks...LOL!! I loved all of it and was glad that I recorded it! The huge tiger skin sheet behind the guys while they played was such a nice touch. Really gave me chills.

- Sam's Town - the performance of ST wasn't what it usually is...this version started out with Brandon playing the piano on his own and then as it progressed the guys joined in playing with him and eventually a violinist played at the very end! It was absolutely stunning. Although I missed the studio version, I have to say I loved this version. It'll be interesting to see it done again.

- All These Things That I've Done - Gah...can't describe the excitement I feel in singing "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier" along with Brandon. There's something extremely powerful about that song and I always look forward to hearing this one live.

The only thing that let me down was the fact that Bones has been cut from the setlist. *sigh* I love that song live...my heart dropped when Brandon told us they were doing one more song and then When You Were Young began to play. lol I love me some Bones live, my friends.

My brother and I waited for the guys to come out, but we eventually had to leave because of the weather (I couldn't feel my feet) and because Evan and I had a six hour drive early the next morning. I was disappointed to miss out on meeting them again, but since there was a chance I wouldn't meet them if I waited I decided it was better to go. There's always next time...

They opened with Spaceman????? :shocked: Spaceman is my fav from D&A :mf_lustslow:

Have you seen the video? it's soooo great and weird..

They played ST with Brandon on the piano????

When I got to the part about Neon Tiger i lost it and started crying. :boxed:

I think it's the one i can't wait to hear live most. The part starting with "I don't wanna be kept, i don't wanna be caged" gives me chills EVERY time i hear it, i can't even imagine how it will sound live :insane:

I'm now in a state of constant panic. Capital Radio is giving away tickets today and tomorrow and i'm now waiting for Somebody Told Me to be played to call them. I'm planning to see both London gigs. I'd also like to see them in Germany in March. But dunno about that yet. But i have to manage somehow to see them here in London. i simply cannot imagine spending the evening at home knowing they're playing in the same city...

Ok, i should go and focus, the tickets won't win themselves :naughty: Though the chances are slim to none, the lines are busy all the time.. But who knows.

Thanks again for your report, i loved it!

And I almost forgot, that shirt sounds lovely!

Ok, it's ridiculous. My sister called when the song just before STM was finishing and the lines were already busy. I dialed the second STM started and it was the same. Jeeeez...

Anyway, here's the video in case you haven't seen it:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IY6tgC_g5nI

And now i'm waiting for Spaceman, fingers crossed :)

I'm slowly but surely getting into The Killers. I think I first became interested in them a year ago when someone told that Rufus Wainwright's Tulsa was about Brandon Flowers. Then I saw Perez interviewing them live at the EMA's and saw their performance on YouTube the following day.

I have passed by their new album sooo many times in music shops, thinking I should buy it but never had the courage because I wasn't sure if I'd like more than just one song, Human. And now that I have been youtubing them for a while... I think I need to buy all their albums!

Make sure you do! And don't forget about Sawdust, there're some good songs there. Sweet Talk :wub2: