News Of The World 8/4/07

BexxY

MIKA OWN MIND UP!

CAMP pop icon MIKA has opened up a bit about his sexuality... well kind of.

The Grace Kelly star says in the April issue of Attitude: "Sexuality in pop is genderless. If you look at icons such as BOWIE and PRINCE, has it got to do with actual sexual orientation? No. Has it got to do with style, beauty and class, irrelevant to whether you want to f*** them? Yes"

Erm, whatever you say, Mika.

Photo081.jpg

I found this article in todays paper...and to be honest i dont like the tone that the interviewer took :thumbdown:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, that writer is a little rude. I don't like the tone either.

Gah, when will journalists stop making such a fuss over his sexuality? Wheesh. :thumbdown:

Probably never unfortunatetly, because that is the nature of the gutter press. I totally agree with Mika's view on icons such as Bowie and Prince.

I'm going to invent a drinking game where we all have to take a drink every time the word "CAMP" is used in association with Mika.

We're all going to be wasted within 15 minutes. :P

that's what they call news? :blink:

We have a word for that in Dutch: komkommertijd. :biggrin2:

I think the English word is 'slack', but I am not sure about that.

Oh well, maybe they just had to fill up the page...

I'm going to invent a drinking game where we all have to take a drink every time the word "CAMP" is used in association with Mika.

Join me in! But he's in good company, they always used the Camp-word in Queen-stories too, and look where they are now. :wink2:

I'd like to know which was the interview where he said this quote :) It's funny how they cut-and-paste these onliners and the whole meaning of the quote can go wrong.

EDIT: I think it was that Attitude interview and I read the whole answer to the question and there it made more sense :)

Is this News of the World that "news"paper where you never know how true the news actually are? :sneaky2:

I think it would be more like 5 mins:roftl:

Ah! The News Of The World, that well reknowned home of classy journalism, never fails to disappoint. It really doesn't surprise me that they took the quote out of context, they do it constantly (I always read my sisters copy on a Sunday, wouldn't buy it myself, just to see what rubbish they write that I can have a good laugh at), and when I saw the snippet yesterday I had to read it several times to see what their point was, because I still could not see where it actually "revealed" his sexuality, because as usual, as he does SO well, Mika words his response so as not to say anything at all, even when they take it out of context. This is why I think he is SUCH a genius. He has such an amazing way with words. Wish I could be that clever.

I don't like people's tone when they talk about Mika's orientation-exemplified by interviewers like these! Whatever he is, fine by me but I sometimes wish he would open up just a little bit more to us...

He'll always be my favorite!:thumb_yello:

I agree, I am a straight married male and think Mika is fantastic, I dont want to sleep with him, I want to hear his voice and watch his antics on stage, What people do behind closed doors is there own business and should be left that way.

Unfortunatley, journalism is about selling papers, and to do that, they more often than not, make up pointless crap like this...........

WHO CARES......LISTEN AND ENJOY