Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got a reply email from Center Stage theater which said:

"The Mika show is sold out. There's no telling what time people will show up!"

Ha, I emailed him a paragraph and he sent me back 2 sentences...Well, I guess I'll be getting there super-duper early!

My mom is being annoying and saying that I don't need to be hanging out outside of the venue so early. Seriously, our conversation just went like this.

Me: You and dad can just drop us off at about 2 and then go and do whatever you want until we need you to pick us up.

Mom: You don't even know what time the doors open.

Me: 8.

Mom: In the morning?

Me: No, at night.

Mom: What?! You're not standing there for 6 hours...We might can drop you off at 7.

Me: You're kidding me, right?

*more arguing*

Then I told her about coming early and the benifits and she scoffed and told me to go upstairs.

Seriously, my mom is going crazy over this. She acts like I'm not allowed to be excited or anything and she thinks it's dumb that I want to meet Mika and the band. When I say, "I'm so excited," she says, "That's dumb. You're too old for this." WTF?!

And everytime I talk about wanting to meet Mika or that I'm going to meet him, she says, "Ah, you're not going to meet him." and when I say, "Gee, thanks..." she's all, "Well, I don't want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed."

She is not a mean person at all, but my God, she's going psycho.

My mom is being annoying and saying that I don't need to be hanging out outside of the venue so early. Seriously, our conversation just went like this.

Me: You and dad can just drop us off at about 2 and then go and do whatever you want until we need you to pick us up.

Mom: You don't even know what time the doors open.

Me: 8.

Mom: In the morning?

Me: No, at night.

Mom: What?! You're not standing there for 6 hours...We might can drop you off at 7.

Me: You're kidding me, right?

*more arguing*

Then I told her about coming early and the benifits and she scoffed and told me to go upstairs.

Seriously, my mom is going crazy over this. She acts like I'm not allowed to be excited or anything and she thinks it's dumb that I want to meet Mika and the band. When I say, "I'm so excited," she says, "That's dumb. You're too old for this." WTF?!

And everytime I talk about wanting to meet Mika or that I'm going to meet him, she says, "Ah, you're not going to meet him." and when I say, "Gee, thanks..." she's all, "Well, I don't want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed."

She is not a mean person at all, but my God, she's going psycho.

Haha, Hannah, did you tell your mom that people far older than you are getting just as excited as you or even worse meeting Mika? I guess I have seen an 'Oldlings Thread' in here - LOL

Maybe you could ask somebody from there to tell your mom that Mika's alright. :wink2:

It so remembers me of my mom. She used to be just the same, so I guess in your situation I wouldn't even have told her that I was planning to meet the man after the show - just to avoid the comments. :bleh:

However it is good that she cares and doesn't want you to be disappointed. BTW: has she ever seen him? Show her, maybe she'll join the club! :wink2:

HAHAHA I would never ever ever want my mother on here. :roftl: She would have a heart attack, come back to life and have a heart attack again. :roftl:

See, I was originally wanting to arrive at about 5, but that was before the concert became sold out and before I read all of the stories about how some people got to meet the band coming in, etc. I probably won't end up getting there at two, because it IS really early, but I want to try and get front row...I just don't know how dedicated of fans I'm up against in the fight for front center, lol.

I wish the people at the venue were more helpful...I emailed them again asking about what time I should come to stand outside and about how many, on average, come early, and they pretty much just said that I would know more about coming early than they did because they didn't really know of Mika or his fans.

I wish the people at the venue were more helpful...I emailed them again asking about what time I should come to stand outside and about how many, on average, come early, and they pretty much just said that I would know more about coming early than they did because they didn't really know of Mika or his fans.

That might be true.

They don't know of Mika? :roftl: Strange folks ....

Oh, but I'm sure you'll convince your mom to take you there in time to meet the band before the show. And maybe Mika :wub2::thumb_yello:

That might be true.

They don't know of Mika? :roftl: Strange folks ....

Oh, but I'm sure you'll convince your mom to take you there in time to meet the band before the show. And maybe Mika :wub2::thumb_yello:

I know! Hoooow can they not know of Mika? The guy sounded slightly incompetent, anyway... :roftl:

I found out that a girl named Natalia is opening for Mika at Center Stage.

Bye everyone! I'm leaving in a few hours for Atlanta and I have to pack, etc. so I probably won't be back on here before I leave! Fingers crossed that Mr. M decides to come out for autographs and that he takes his shirt off during Love Today! :roftl:

I'm taking my laptop with me, so you guys should be getting a full report when I'm back in my hotel right after the concert if I'm not completely exhausted, lol.

And I'll try and sneak cellphone videos so watch out for that! :D

I hope that everyone has a wonderful next two days and I'll talk to you guys later! :)

Have a fabulous time everyone, and we are right here waiting for your reports of mayhem!!:roftl:

Yes, just as Blue Sky said -- we'll be anxiously awaiting your news!

Have the most wondrous time! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

So... nothing yet? No one's got anything to say? It was so good, he killed you all? :naughty:

We're desperate for news! Tell us how it was! LOL!

dcdeb

So... nothing yet? No one's got anything to say? It was so good, he killed you all? :naughty:

We're desperate for news! Tell us how it was! LOL!

dcdeb

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what happened! :wink2:

But oh my gosh, I'm so desperate to hear about this concert! Hopefully someone'll log on soon with some juicy stories.

Awesome! He was

a) looking forward to this show b) really confused, poor thing, c) both, way back in DC. I remember him asking Jerry way back then, "are we doing Atlanta tomorrow? No? Then when are we doing Atlanta?"

So now he finally did it, and you guys finally got him!

--Jack