MIKA @ Center Stage Theatre - Atlanta, GA

Yoppappop

The show didn't end till about midnight! Seriously. We had the opening band and some break dancers and Mika didn't come out till almost 11. Not sure what was with the hold up but maybe it had to do with them taping the concert for something that's going to air on The CW channel. I don't know.

He signed autographs real quick. His people were saying he had to go, so the picture taking had to stop. I got an autograph though on this sign that Hannah had made that said, mika fan club, on it. Thank goodness for her sign! I wouldn't have had anything to for him to sign.

The long wait was worth it. It was a great show. I had a spot against the railing just to the right of his mic. I ran fast for that spot. Seriously I wish someone taped everyone running into the venue.

So, I came home with a big orange balloon, one of his juice drinks (I just had to get one because of all you guys talking about it) and of course his autograph. :biggrin2:

wow that was late! glad u had fun :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously, my mom is going crazy over this. She acts like I'm not allowed to be excited or anything and she thinks it's dumb that I want to meet Mika and the band. When I say, "I'm so excited," she says, "That's dumb. You're too old for this." WTF?! .

WTF indeed! :naughty: Did you tell her how old some of us are on this forum! :mf_rosetinted:

I know! Hoooow can they not know of Mika? The guy sounded slightly incompetent, anyway... :roftl:

I found out that a girl named Natalia is opening for Mika at Center Stage.

Natalia! I'd like to see her! How was she?

My mom is being annoying and saying that I don't need to be hanging out outside of the venue so early. Seriously, our conversation just went like this.

Me: You and dad can just drop us off at about 2 and then go and do whatever you want until we need you to pick us up.

Mom: You don't even know what time the doors open.

Me: 8.

Mom: In the morning?

Me: No, at night.

Mom: What?! You're not standing there for 6 hours...We might can drop you off at 7.

Me: You're kidding me, right?

*more arguing*

Then I told her about coming early and the benifits and she scoffed and told me to go upstairs.

Seriously, my mom is going crazy over this. She acts like I'm not allowed to be excited or anything and she thinks it's dumb that I want to meet Mika and the band. When I say, "I'm so excited," she says, "That's dumb. You're too old for this." WTF?!

And everytime I talk about wanting to meet Mika or that I'm going to meet him, she says, "Ah, you're not going to meet him." and when I say, "Gee, thanks..." she's all, "Well, I don't want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed."

She is not a mean person at all, but my God, she's going psycho.

Hanna - If its not too late for you to read this (but you mentioned somewhere you'r bringing your laptop)

Your mom is probably concerned about you being in line at an unfamiliar place for so long (by yourself?) I would feel the same if it was my daughter. But if it helps any ask your mom to read my Chicago post #92:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3268&page=12

Either way, I do hope you have very memorable MIKA moments! Have fun and enjoy the concert - MIKA never disappoints!

WTF indeed! :naughty: Did you tell her how old some of us are on this forum! :mf_rosetinted:

HANNAH!

I AM 48!!!!!!!!!!

and def. mika mad and proud to be!!!!!!!

do yourself a favour: let your mom scroll the oldlings thread.....either you convince her or she will ban you forever from this forum!:naughty: :naughty:

well, i think we can convince her.....

HANNAH!

I AM 48!!!!!!!!!!

and def. mika mad and proud to be!!!!!!!

do yourself a favour: let your mom scroll the oldlings thread.....either you convince her or she will ban you forever from this forum!:naughty: :naughty:

well, i think we can convince her.....

Did you have a birthday recently too Robertina??:naughty:

Here I am right behind you, 46, and not a bad thing to say about Mika and all the excitement he causes!! But mothers like to be protective, and having you wait all alone would be any mother's nightmare!

If the oldings can't convince her, the MFC Mothers' Club thread might. There are 40 of us officially on here with kids...and many more whose names don't appear yet. All different ages and stages!!:thumb_yello:

I am back and finally wide awake :naughty: The show was awsome (how else it could have been?), but he didn't take off his shirt for Love Today drum playing :bleh: I loved the venue-it was small and very cosy, just there were some wierd people (one-over intoxicated spilled all his drink on my back because I didn't let him go in front, the other girl was screaming every 2 seconds like crazy when noone even was on stage. But MIKA was great-every single second was worth waiting hours to see him. I took lots of pics and videos, but will put them on when I come home to NY. I also got a big blue baloon. I wanted to get it signed by Mika, but unfortunatelly we were at the end of the line for signing and gues what?-The line was too long and he didn't get enough time for everybody.

I am back and finally wide awake :naughty: The show was awsome (how else it could have been?), but he didn't take off his shirt for Love Today drum playing :bleh: I loved the venue-it was small and very cosy, just there were some wierd people (one-over toxicated spilled all his drink on my back because I didn't let him go in front, the other girl was screaming every 2 seconds like crazy when noone even was on stage. But MIKA was great-every single second was worth waiting hours to see him. I took lots of pics and videos, but will put them on when I come home to NY. I also got a big blue baloon. I wanted to get it signed by Mika, but unfortunatelly we were at the end of the line for signing and gues what?-The line was too long and he didn't get enough time for everybody.

Glad you enjoyed the show!!!! :thumb_yello:

But why do there always have to be such annoying people??! In my opinion they shouldn't be allowed to attend Mika concerts!!!

Oh my gosh...the queue wa too long???? :boxed:

I hope you had a great time anyway...!!!

And I can't wait to see your pic and vids!! :biggrin2:

I am back and finally wide awake :naughty: The show was awsome (how else it could have been?), but he didn't take off his shirt for Love Today drum playing :bleh: I loved the venue-it was small and very cosy, just there were some wierd people (one-over toxicated spilled all his drink on my back because I didn't let him go in front, the other girl was screaming every 2 seconds like crazy when noone even was on stage. But MIKA was great-every single second was worth waiting hours to see him. I took lots of pics and videos, but will put them on when I come home to NY. I also got a big blue baloon. I wanted to get it signed by Mika, but unfortunatelly we were at the end of the line for signing and gues what?-The line was too long and he didn't get enough time for everybody.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh, this is sad...............:shocked:

and i don't like those nasty crowds.....:thumbdown: they give me the impression (i hope wrong) that something is changing in mika's gigs.....:shocked:

I am back and finally wide awake :naughty: The show was awsome (how else it could have been?), but he didn't take off his shirt for Love Today drum playing :bleh: I loved the venue-it was small and very cosy, just there were some wierd people (one-over intoxicated spilled all his drink on my back because I didn't let him go in front, the other girl was screaming every 2 seconds like crazy when noone even was on stage. But MIKA was great-every single second was worth waiting hours to see him. I took lots of pics and videos, but will put them on when I come home to NY. I also got a big blue baloon. I wanted to get it signed by Mika, but unfortunatelly we were at the end of the line for signing and gues what?-The line was too long and he didn't get enough time for everybody.

What a shame you didn't get to meet him :(

But I can't wait to hear more and see your photos! Have a safe trip back

to NY, then hurry back here to report to us! :wink2:

dcdeb

I'm BAAACCCK!!!

Sorry I couldn't report earlier, but even though I took my laptop with me, there was a problem with the wireless internet connection and I couldn't get online.

I just wanted to say that I had an amazing time and it was probably one of the best nights of my life so far...

Skipping all of the boring details prior to arriving at Center Stage...

My niece Savannah and I arrived at the venue at 5:00, which was later than we wanted but the valets at the hotel brought us the wrong vehicle and it took them forever to switch it for the right one. I was happy to see that there were only two other people there, the amazing Mallory and Bethany (sorry if I spelled your names wrong...) so we joined them on the steps as the third and fourth people in line. The wait was not bad at all, as we had fun talking, etc. Suddenly, at around 6 or so, a white van pulled up to the side of the venue and I stood up to see. Out came Cherisse, Luke, Martin, Mikey and Lorna. The band didn't look our way and quickly hurried into the venue (which was understandable) but Lorna looked over, I waved to her and she nodded and smiled at me. About 10 minutes later, I was lazily sitting on the stairs, staring into the distance, when all of a sudden a man in a white shirt, blue pants, curly hair and a reddish/pinkish bag on his shoulder walked from an SUV and into the area where the backstage door was. At first, it didn't register, then the second that he was gone I was like, "Oh my God, I just saw Mika." I told the girls and they stood up in time to see Mika's mother get out of the SUV and follow her son. No one said anything, which was good, because I wouldn't want a mob to form or anything. I thought it was quite funny that the group of girls that were at the end of the line (some were even facing that direction) didn't notice.

While in line, we learned that that particular concert was going to be taped for the CW channel (the new WB). A guy with a camera came up to the front of the line and was asking us to scream. We did, and I made sure to hold up the MFC sign in front of the camera.

Finally, at about 8, we got to stand up and go into the venue. After we got our tickets checked, we were asked to line up in front of one of two doors. I was the fourth person in line at the first door behind Mallory, Bethany and Savannah. I found it kind of unfair that some of the people that were in the back of the line got to go to the other door and be first. I know that the concert is Gen Adm, but still...the whole reason for getting there early was to get good seats, and people that were just getting there got to the front of the other line. After about 20 minutes of standing in line, the doors were opened and we all dashed at full speed down the stairs and onto the floor. I made it to the front, and banged into the barrier separating the crowd from the stage really hard because I was running so fast. The stadium filled up very quickly and it was so hot and sweaty that it was very uncomfortable. I hadn't had anything to drink since lunch, and I was absolutely thirsting to death...my tongue was sticking to the roof of my mouth. I was squished like a sardine between my niece and a boy (who was very awesome), and couldn't move my arms. After a while of waiting, the lollipop girls came out and started handing out lollipops to everyone. Lorna came by between the barrier and the stage to hand out lollipops and when she got to me she stopped and we chatted for about a minute and a half. She said that she saw me from earlier, and she was asking me about when I got there and how long I had been in line. I got our whole conversation on video, but I'm not filming her as I didn't want her to know that I was...She was telling me about what a great spot I had and was pointing out where everyone was going to be set up on stage. She is super nice and very pretty.

Finally, the opening act...Natalia. She was pretty good, but in all honesty I wasn't paying attention. I was too preoccuppied by the fact that I was about to see Mika, I was being squished to death and I was so thirsty that I could barely swallow. Some girls on the other side of my niece were pushing, trying to get closer to the middle and being really mean about it...I got super annoyed and asked them to stop several times but they wouldn't and said that they weren't doing anything. :thumbdown: Eventually, I got pushed out of front row and was very pissed off. I just couldn't stand being squished anymore. My feet weren't even in the front row and all that was was my one arm and what part of my head I could stick up there. So, I just gave up and took a step backwards into the second row, which was actually better because there was more room and I could breathe and dance. I was taller than the guy in front of me, so I still had a great view of the stage. After Natalia, there was a breakdancing group, and Mika didn't actually get on stage until about 10:45. Right when Relax started playing the magic began...

The concert was FREAKING AMAZING! The best thing that I've seen ever. He was wonderful and so funny. My favorite performances were Sweet Dreams (yes, he did some sexy dancing...I have it all on video, my friends! :D) and Lollipop. I was disappointed that he didn't keep his shirt off during Love Today. Right before his drumming part, he went offstage, took off his shirt, came running back onstage shirtless, then grabbed a tiny white shirt with a stick figure on it from the stage and put it on. I really wish that I would've gotten video of him putting the shirt on because it was hot. I do have him shirtless, however.

A cute, cute moment was near the beginning when he said, "Just a few months ago I was playing to 15 people in Birmingham...then 100 people in a little corner in Atlanta (I love how he pronounces Atlanta)...and now...I'm playing for YOU!" And then he made this face and had this little "HEEEH" laugh. Adorable. I have it on video---will upload it soon. Also, right after My Interpretation, he pushed his hair out of his face and said, "I'm getting BLINDED! And I'm supposed to pretend that nothing's wrong! I just got this new mousse, and whenever I sweat, my hair sticks to my face and I can't see anything..." I have part of that on video.

Oh, and OMG, right before Happy Ending, Mika was standing by the mic about to introduce Lorna. He glanced into the crowed and looked right at me. I took that opportunity to blow him a kiss, and he kept eye contact with me and grinned really big...It looked exactly like his face in the Boratesque photo of him with the thumbs up. :wub2:

I think that he was either sick or nervous, because when he was onstage his voice sounded higher-pitched than usual...He didn't sound like that when I met him, but he did on stage. :) And his voice cracked at one part. It was precious. :D

After the concert, we hung around for a bit in the venue and Mallory and Bethany got Mika's mystery juice. I was kind of standing there near the stage, and suddenly a man with the stage crew pointed to me. I walked up to the stage and he handed me the set list from near Cherisse's drumkit. :D

We walked into the lobby and bought some water...I seriously chugged an entire bottle of water in about 30 seconds...Then I felt very very nauseated and was afraid that I was going to throw up, but I didn't (It was from being so thirsty and then chugging the water).

We all went outside and went to the backstage door. A man came out and told us that Mika was in his dressing room, probably wouldn't be out for a while and that we had to move away from the doors. We sat at the top of the parking garage and was soon kicked out of there, too. Then, we went and waited in front of the venue between the front doors and the area where the backstage door is. After a while, I decided to go and check to see if Mika was coming out because one particular area started getting more and more crowded. I walked up there, and a part of the event staff asked me if I was waiting for Mika and I said "yes." He told me that I could go across to the sidewalk and that he would be out in a few minutes. I ran and told the other girls, and we made our way to the sidewalk. We were about half-way through the line of about 30 people. Suddenly, the infamous white van pulled up and Lorna, a man, and Mika's mom climbed inside. I waved to Lorna from outside and she smiled and waved back to me.

Then, the man himself showed up and stood behind a gate that the security had put up. He was wearing a "Come together" shirt with a world on it and looked absolutely exhausted. I really do think that he was feeling ill, as he didn't seem as talkative as usual. The security guard standing beside him made it clear that we only had five minutes to get autographs, and that we couldn't individually pose for pictures with him.

The straight line that once was suddenly became a big circle around Mika, and I ran to get as close as possible. I sort of hung back a bit, though, because he was literally getting CDs shoved in his face and I wanted to give him some space. When it was my turn, I walked up to him and...

...MORE IN NEXT POST...I ran out of room. :roftl:

Mika: Hi, how are you?

Me: I'm great, how are you?

I was talking so fast that I didn't even wait for an answer.

Me: I made this for you.

Then I handed him the card that I made him.

Me: It's a card that I made for you.

Mika took it, smiled and opened it up for a second, then closed it.

Mika: This is amazing! Thank you. I'll read it!

I handed him my CD.

Me: Here's my CD for you to sign.

Mika: What's your name?

Me: Hannah.

Mika: Hannah. H-A...

Me: H-A-N-N-A-H

He signed my CD and handed it back to me, then I motioned for my niece to take a picture. I know that we weren't supposed to, but I couldn't help but hug him. I put my left arm around his back and kind of put my cheek up against his arm.

Mika: Let me sign some more...

He was telling me that he only had a few minutes left and that he had to get to everyone else, lol, so I pulled away and just as I pulled away my niece snapped the picture (a little late, lol).

I think that I said, "okay," and then I walked away, got my camera from my niece and she went to get her autograph.

I was a little embarassed that I hugged him...I mean, I'm glad that I did so that I can say that I hugged Mika, but I wasn't really supposed to and Mika was in a hurry. I think that I'm just embarassed that he kind of, in a way, told me that my time was up and to go, lol. :roftl:

So, I stood back and saw Yasmine come up behind his shoulder and say something to him. I waved to her but she didn't see me. After Savannah got her autograph, we walked to the back of the group of people and watched as Mika got into the van...By 5 minutes, they really meant 5 minutes...Some people didn't even get autographs! :blink:

I wish that we could've had longer with him, that we weren't separated by a gate, etc, and we could actually ask questions and talk, but I can totally understand...I'm sure that Mika was incredibly tired, he sure looked like it (though he was beautiful as always) and I think that he was ill and didn't feel well. It was great that he took any time at all with fans, as lots of other celebrities don't even bother.

After Mika got in the van and left, I walked over to the cab where the band was getting in (I was amazed that no one was even saying anything to or about the band...The band is amazing!).

I took a moment to be bold and said hello to all of the band members (except Martin, who I didn't see...).

Me: Hey, Cherisse!

Cherisse: Hey!

Me: MIKEY!

Mikey: *turns around to see who is talking to him, nods and smiles*

Luke climbed into the cab and just as he was closing the door I yelled, "Bye Luke!" He opened the door a little, stuck his head out and called, "Cheers!" and then said something else but his accent was so thick that I couldn't understand...I mean, I didn't get a word of it. He smiled, then closed the door.

After that, Savannah and I went to find my parents who had parked down the street (they had been waiting since 11 and it was almost 1), and then I looked down and sort of noticed that I was missing something but didn't really acknowledge it. Then, when I got in the car I realized that the setlist was gone. I have no idea where it went. I don't know if I dropped it or whatever. I know that I didn't have it when I was talking to Mika, and I think that I gave it to Savannah to hold while I was getting the autograph. She says that she gave it back to me, but I don't remember...Oh well. :thumbdown:

My night was AMAZING and I am so very happy. I have tons of video, bits from all songs except for Billy Brown and Holy Johnny, as I had to delete them because my memory card was full before the end of the show, and I have Sweet Dreams in its entirety, because Mika was reallllly dancing. :D I only took a few pictures, because the flash on my camera is SO bright that they didn't come out very well. I tried to get the kaching from Grace Kelly but I guess I timed it wrong because I ended up snapping it about two seconds after he did it. The picture of Mika and I is really bad, of both of us (even of Mika, which is hard to believe). It was from just when I pulled away from the hug, and I have my eyes half-closed and they're all wonky because I was in the middle of glancing over at my niece, and I look incredibly dumb, and Mika has one of his eyes half-way closed and looks like he's squinting because of the flash, which he probably was, lol. So, I probably won't post that, lol.

I will try and upload my videos soon. :)

oh hannah your night has been amazing!!! :biggrin2: sorry that you couldn't take a properly pic with mika and that he had to go away soon. btw, you went to his gig and had his autograph and were able to give him your card! :thumb_yello:

i'm soo jealous!:mf_rosetinted:

Hannah what a detailed report... thanks :biggrin2: Can't wait to see your videos :biggrin2:

Did it seem he spoke to the audience less than usual since it was being specially filmed or like always... based on what you've seen or heard about previous concerts?

To me, it seemed sort of less. It kind of sounded like he edited himself a bit. There were probably only 3 or 4 different times that he spoke to the audience.

Hannah it sounds cool! too bad for the people who didn't manage to meet him, but as we all noticed, he's very ill, i truly hope he can get better soon. the boy is too stressed, poor dear..

Looking forward to see your videos and pics!:biggrin2:

Hannah, thank you so much for sharing your report in all its details with us! That is so kind of you, for you wrote a LOT. :thumb_yello:

I'm really happy that you got to hug him, it is almost as if I had been there - LOL :biggrin2: How did it feel?

I'm really looking forward to seeing your pics and videos. It must have been the night of your life :thumb_yello:

loving the reports i do look forward to hearing about the mika meeting but their now starting to make me feel sad :sad: even though it was only last month i met him for the second time im sooooo jealous . i feel like going on ebay & getting a ticket for t in the park just for the sunday gig to see mika then i would have to dessert my kids for 2 days ! see what these reports have reduced me to ! i really need to go into 1 of these rehab centres im going stark raving bonkers :shocked::roftl:

Hannah - Thank you for the report! You were third in line, got near the front, enjoyed MIKA's performance and got to meet him, hug him and get his autograph (and others didn't get the chance :thumbdown: )

But YAY for you! :thumb_yello:

Oh, and I forgot to add: His underwear was grey! :roftl:

I have the pictures on my computer and I will upload them in a few minutes. The videos are also on here, but they are mega-huge and I don't know where to upload them...They're far too large for YouTube...The files are so big that whenever I try and play them on the computer they randomly stop and freeze because my computer doesn't have enough memory...

I wonder if there's anyway to resize them...

Okay, here is the picture of me meeting Mika. Hahaha. It's quite bad, but here it is anyway. My hair went all curly from sweating in the venue.

f_meetingmikam_a8f287c.png

And here are some more Mika pics. :D

http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/8/6/17/f_stage2m_8ba798d.png

http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/8/6/17/f_stage3m_b53a375.png

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/8/6/17/f_stage4m_31b4b0e.png

http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/8/6/17/f_stage6m_e4074e0.png

http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/8/6/17/f_signingm_e614305.png

I will try and upload the vids tomorrow!