2007 - Mika @ Somerset House - London: 17-07-2007

Yoppappop

Hi Somerset-ers!

Since many of you will be posting your reviews on here anyhow, I was wondering if any of you would be willing to flesh it out a bit and write a 300-400 word review of the Somerset performance for the MFC eMagazine? It'd be nice to get a fresh review in our first issue. Bonus points if the venue allows cameras and you happen to get some pics.

PM me if you're interested!

PS: Marianne84 - I'm certainly no London expert (never been to the continent, :blush-anim-cl: ) but Wikipedia has this to say:

The former Tower Records flagship store, now acquired by Virgin Megastore, can be found at Number 1 Piccadilly, on the west side between Regent Street and Piccadilly, directly facing Piccadilly Circus. There is a direct exit to the Underground station on the basement level. Rival store HMV also has a branch inside the London Trocadero.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: Marianne84 - I'm certainly no London expert (never been to the continent, :blush-anim-cl: ) but Wikipedia has this to say:

The former Tower Records flagship store, now acquired by Virgin Megastore, can be found at Number 1 Piccadilly, on the west side between Regent Street and Piccadilly, directly facing Piccadilly Circus. There is a direct exit to the Underground station on the basement level. Rival store HMV also has a branch inside the London Trocadero.

Thank you for the hints. Sounds good! :punk:

I am not very happy with the weather forecast so far: http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX0085?x=12&y=8 :sad:

But it changes from day to day. I hope for the best, at least no rain!

I probably can't wear my rainbow Converse as I bruised my foot a few days ago. So that means I have to wear solid shoes - with blue laces :biggrin2: - at least I am able to walk again, that is the most important thing. :naughty:

Where is everyone??

I'm seriously struggling with finding somewhere to stay - summat else has changed so i am now able to go on a two day jolly! :naughty::thumb_yello:

That's fab, but i can't find anywhere to stay for less than £350 - i'm working on it.

Where is everyone??

I'm seriously struggling with finding somewhere to stay - summat else has changed so i am now able to go on a two day jolly! :naughty::thumb_yello:

That's fab, but i can't find anywhere to stay for less than £350 - i'm working on it.

Check Yop's last update in this thread, isn't there a spare bed left in the Piccadilly hostel where we are staying?

Check Yop's last update in this thread, isn't there a spare bed left in the Piccadilly hostel where we are staying?

Thanks Blue - i may have a look. :blink: I'm a bit scared after watching the film! LOL!:roftl:

If you're interested, yes, there is a spare bed in our rooms... It's something like 24£ for the night...

I've messaged Bexx - am waiting for a reply. If there are no beds, I'll cry! I've been checking availability everywhere today.

Well, if there are no beds, i don't know what i'll do actually! This whole thing just lately has given me a headache!! :blink:

Hoorah! Things are working out. i think. :shocked::naughty:

Now i've gotta decide on transport.....between parking for two days, congestion charges and fuel........a good £100.......mmm......maybe more.........er......think i might get a coach.:thumb_yello:

Hoorah! Things are working out. i think. :shocked::naughty:

Now i've gotta decide on transport.....between parking for two days, congestion charges and fuel........a good £100.......mmm......maybe more.........er......think i might get a coach.:thumb_yello:

Hey there roomy!

I was wondering about driving up, and then thinking about the cost. Never thought about the coach, brilliant idea! Thanks for mentioning it.

Bexxy is a real star for organizing the accommodation, I'm sure there won't be any nutters there. If there are, we can beat them over the head with the flagpole, ha ha.

Hey there roomy!

I was wondering about driving up, and then thinking about the cost. Never thought about the coach, brilliant idea! Thanks for mentioning it.

Bexxy is a real star for organizing the accommodation, I'm sure there won't be any nutters there. If there are, we can beat them over the head with the flagpole, ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha!!! Helloooooo!!!!! I was just thinking about you - tried getting on your myspace from the link you have here and it still doesn't seem to work...? :sneaky2:

I wanted to add you the other week but haven't been able to as yet.

I'm getting really excited now for Somerset House. :thumb_yello:

Ha ha ha ha!!! Helloooooo!!!!! I was just thinking about you - tried getting on your myspace from the link you have here and it still doesn't seem to work...? :sneaky2:

I wanted to add you the other week but haven't been able to as yet.

I'm getting really excited now for Somerset House. :thumb_yello:

Yes, my Myspace page is being a real pain in the behind at the moment, I'll get my nephew to have a look at it over the weekend and get back to you when he sorts it out.

REALLY looking forward to next week,as it's a real Mika oriented week for me. S H on Tuesday with all you fabulous people and at Weston on the Sunday for the T4 on the beach gig (Natasha Bedingfields there too, which I'm excited about,been wanting to see her live for AGES). So its shaping up to be a great week next week.

Ha ha! caught what you said Bexxy ,don't forget we'll be waving a ruddy great flag around too!

Yes, my Myspace page is being a real pain in the behind at the moment, I'll get my nephew to have a look at it over the weekend and get back to you when he sorts it out.

REALLY looking forward to next week,as it's a real Mika oriented week for me. S H on Tuesday with all you fabulous people and at Weston on the Sunday for the T4 on the beach gig (Natasha Bedingfields there too, which I'm excited about,been wanting to see her live for AGES). So its shaping up to be a great week next week.

Ha ha! caught what you said Bexxy ,don't forget we'll be waving a ruddy great flag around too!

Oooh, brilliant!!!! So it's not just me going to the T4 thing afterall! :naughty::roftl::thumb_yello: See you there aswell then Rak1! :biggrin2: Where in Wilts are you?

Oooh, brilliant!!!! So it's not just me going to the T4 thing afterall! :naughty::roftl::thumb_yello: See you there aswell then Rak1! :biggrin2: Where in Wilts are you?

Ah it'll be good to see a friendly face.

I live in Chippenham. What about you?

Hey Bexxy, we'll have to see how big the corridor is at the hostel, if it's long enough to run up and down. Do you think they'll be okay with us singing Mika songs at the top of our voices?

OOOHHH! I should teach you and Sara the Hawaiian prayer chant he got us to do at Glastonbury to bring the sun out.