2007 - Mika @ 9:30 Club Washington, DC - 12 June

hoochatootch

oh!

how did i forget to mention about how completely genuine and sweet mika is??!!:blink:

he was so sincere about everything and interested in what everyone had to say - my daughter said it took her a second to realize that it was him that had lifted her hand to look at the gigantic ugly rat stamp that they put on her to state the fact that she wasnt old enough to drink! it was so funny that he commented about that!:naughty:

and the look on his face when i said something about blue's beads was priceless - he was like "you know her?"

i think he may be starting to realize what a wonderfully tight knit group of fans he has!

and the flashing hearts have been officially declared as the universal symbol of mfc members!!!!:biggrin2:

(was it mika or jerry that asked about who got them? i can't remember!:blink: )

Oh blue_sky: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! I can understand that these girls made your day!!!! Have agood time and have a party!!!!! :biggrin2:

Thank you all for the birthday wishes! The date hasn't reached your side of the world there yet...I'm on the 14th, so the forums doesn't register me yet! But it is half over in Japan!

So my party is right here, with you guys...couldn't be in a better place!! I am almost as high as you all are, and I wasn't even there!!! Love it!:wub2:

And my flashing heart is in the post, thanks babspanky!!

oh!

how did i forget to mention about how completely genuine and sweet mika is??!!:blink:

he was so sincere about everything and interested in what everyone had to say - my daughter said it took her a second to realize that it was him that had lifted her hand to look at the gigantic ugly rat stamp that they put on her to state the fact that she wasnt old enough to drink! it was so funny that he commented about that!:naughty:

That was truly funny. And that's what I've been trying to convey to my

hubby about the evening -- Mika spent time on everything we gave him,

everything we said to him. He tried to have something positive to say

about everything, whether it was a simple, "I love it," to something

more detailed and specific about whatever it was. In one of the reviews

today, I think it was, they wrote that Mika was still starstruck over his

newfound fame... and I think maybe that's it in a nutshell. I think

he can't quite believe how much we love him, how highly we think of

him yet. And that's a good thing -- as soon as he starts believing his

own PR that will be a change for the worse, IMO :wink2:

I love him the way he is now! :biggrin2:

and the look on his face when i said something about blue's beads was priceless - he was like "you know her?"

i think he may be starting to realize what a wonderfully tight knit group of fans he has!

and the flashing hearts have been officially declared as the universal symbol of mfc members!!!!:biggrin2:

(was it mika or jerry that asked about who got them? i can't remember!:blink: )

I think it was Mika who called them the Universal Code... but like you, I

can't remember exactly. Jerry definitely asked a lot about them and

wanted to know who got them for us (tootch!)... but I think that also

Mika talked about them... how sad that it's a blur already!

dcdeb

I think it was Mika who called them the Universal Code... but like you, I

can't remember exactly. Jerry definitely asked a lot about them and

wanted to know who got them for us (tootch!)... but I think that also

Mika talked about them... how sad that it's a blur already!

dcdeb

THAT was it! UNIVERSAL CODE!:biggrin2:

i couldnt remember exactly - just remember looking up when everyone said my name and i was thinking "what did i do?" and then heard mika saying "flashing hearts...universal...." and i was like :biggrin2:

Here is a recap from Ranae, Cammy, & Ravonne! (of our experience with MIKA that left us in a daze...)

So, after the show, we were in the 9:30 lobby when Jerry came up to us & asked "would you girls like to meet MIKA?" well, of course!!! So we made the long journey up the flight of stairs & waited in suspense for the one & only MIKA babe! When he walked in, we nearly fainted! & our hearts rapidly beat with the swift pounding of Indian drums. :roftl: So we waited patiently & anxiously for what seemed a lifetime to chit chat with our man. When we saw him, our eyes were locked on his heavenly face & our bodies melted like butter on a hot skillet. We were pretty much the last ones to meet him, but boy was it worth it!

MIKA signed our things & was so sweet & gracious. He did a lot of giggling. (we love his giggles!!!:wub2: ) I think he was giggling at our bashful behavior. :blush-anim-cl: He told Ranae to check out a song called "Sister Renee" & then sang her a line. :biggrin2: Ravonne asked him what the shadowy figure was in the lollipop picture from the album insert. MIKA giggled & said it was Chi Chi the monkey. & that there was a 40 second animation to go along with Lollipop that hasn't been released yet! We told him that we drove all the way from Cleveland to see him & he couldn't believe it. Then Jerry (God bless his soul) told us that they would probably be coming to Cleveland or Columbus in September!! We can't wait!!!

Then we took a group picture with MIKA that we have been staring at all day! (literally) MIKA told us to have a safe trip home & we parted ways (but not for long!) :thumb_yello:

It was so great to unite with all of you Mikanites up in the balcony. It was the best night of our lives & we will never forget it. We were also wondering where we can get the universal code (blinking hearts) so we can wear them to our next MIKA concert & everyone will know we are from the MFC. & we would also like to thank Linda for putting together the beautiful scrapbook. It was so thrilling to see him looking at our pages! We'lll post our pictures once we get home from the trip! (By the way, this was posted under Cammy's member name).

Love Love, US!:mf_rosetinted:

Here is a recap from Ranae, Cammy, & Ravonne! (of our experience with MIKA that left us in a daze...)

So, after the show, we were in the 9:30 lobby when Jerry came up to us & asked "would you girls like to meet MIKA?" well, of course!!! So we made the long journey up the flight of stairs & waited in suspense for the one & only MIKA babe! When he walked in, we nearly fainted! & our hearts rapidly beat with the swift pounding of Indian drums. :roftl: So we waited patiently & anxiously for what seemed a lifetime to chit chat with our man. When we saw him, our eyes were locked on his heavenly face & our bodies melted like butter on a hot skillet. We were pretty much the last ones to meet him, but boy was it worth it!

MIKA signed our things & was so sweet & gracious. He did a lot of giggling. (we love his giggles!!!:wub2: ) I think he was giggling at our bashful behavior. :blush-anim-cl: He told Ranae to check out a song called "Sister Renee" & then sang her a line. :biggrin2: Ravonne asked him what the shadowy figure was in the lollipop picture from the album insert. MIKA giggled & said it was Chi Chi the monkey. & that there was a 40 second animation to go along with Lollipop that hasn't been released yet! We told him that we drove all the way from Cleveland to see him & he couldn't believe it. Then Jerry (God bless his soul) told us that they would probably be coming to Cleveland or Columbus in September!! We can't wait!!!

Then we took a group picture with MIKA that we have been staring at all day! (literally) MIKA told us to have a safe trip home & we parted ways (but not for long!) :thumb_yello:

It was so great to unite with all of you Mikanites up in the balcony. It was the best night of our lives & we will never forget it. We were also wondering where we can get the universal code (blinking hearts) so we can wear them to our next MIKA concert & everyone will know we are from the MFC. & we would also like to thank Linda for putting together the beautiful scrapbook. It was so thrilling to see him looking at our pages! We'lll post our pictures once we get home from the trip! (By the way, this was posted under Cammy's member name).

Love Love, US!

Oh, what an awesome experience! Especially the part where Mika serenaded you all :wink2:

AND OMG! And if Mika may be coming to Ohio in September, that pretty much confirms another little US tour! (or at least I can hope for that :bleh: ) YAY!!!

For those who met Mika...where did you go to meet him?

I'm seriously freaking out...I'm going to see him on Saturday, and I just HAVE to meet him, but I've never ever been to that venue before and have no idea as to where to wait on him at. Is it pretty obvious where to wait at? What do you do right after the concert is over? Wait inside a bit? Go outside?

Ahhhh....

I'm seriously freaking out...I'm going to see him on Saturday, and I just HAVE to meet him, but I've never ever been to that venue before and have no idea as to where to wait on him at. Is it pretty obvious where to wait at? What do you do right after the concert is over? Wait inside a bit? Go outside?

Ahhhh....

Well, it was pretty much sheer luck for us. Although it didn't hurt that we dressed in very crazy bright outfits. I think that's why Jerry asked us to meet MIKA. Find MIKA's Jerry, MIKA's manager, and ask him to meet MIKA. He is the key! Also, tell him you're part of the MFC. Hopefully MIKA feels well enough to keep meeting people. He has a chest infection. Good luck!

Ahhhh....

yep, going and waiting outside is your best bet. that's how i've always met people (mika included). find where the white van is (actually there's 2 at certain times, the opening act has one also) and also the stage door. If you see band members coming in and out of any particular door, wait around there after the show.

if you want to go the jerry route, he has blondish hair and glasses. my friends and i think he sort of resembles jerry springer (matching names and everything). haha but you'll probably see him walking around throughout the day, well if you're early enough. he walked by many times and talked to us a few times until 4:00 or something.

best of luck! :)

these are mgpm giving the scrapbook she made -and we all contributed to - to mika and him looking at it

the last one he is drawing and doing his autograph for mgpm's personal scrapbook.....

Haha!! I made it in the pictures yay!!

Oh my gosh those are my pages that he's taking out in the last pic!

You guys!! I'm going to the NYC concert on fri and since you are all my new best friends...lol

You think I should wear the same outfit so that he can try to remember me?

Same outfit without the sunglasses which kept falling off!

:)

if you want to go the jerry route, he has blondish hair and glasses. my friends and i think he sort of resembles jerry springer (matching names and everything). haha but you'll probably see him walking around throughout the day, well if you're early enough. he walked by many times and talked to us a few times until 4:00 or something.

best of luck! :)

No, that's not him--he's the man with the dark curly hair wearing a black button-down shirt in some of the aftershow pics! But yeah, even if you don't

get aftershow passes, Mika will come out the back if you wait long enough (an hour and a half, about?).

Hootch, I absolutely loved meeting you too! You were so much fun. All the DC ladies were amazing. I'm going to ask for your addresses soon, because you're all getting presents from me for how awesome you are. You made the evening as much as Mika!

Kjoshi, I'm only sorry I didn't get to talk with you much! And it's so funny you talked to the actor who played Kumar... someone told me he was in the audience, and I thought they were joking, and I didn't recognize him!

Linda, wow, thank you so much for all your wonderful pics. I was so disappointed when my own didn't come out, but yours more than make up for it! You save me again and again.:-)

--Jack

P.S. God, but do I look manic in some of them though. I'm going to hope that was because there was something funny being said at the moment, and that I didn't look like a rabid rabbit on speed the entire time I was talking to Mika.

Kjoshi, I'm only sorry I didn't get to talk with you much! And it's so funny you talked to the actor who played Kumar... someone told me he was in the audience, and I thought they were joking, and I didn't recognize him!

I'm sorry about that too!!! You're a cool girl!!!! You're around the same age as me right?? I'm 19...well at least you looked it...lol. That's ok though that we didnt get to talk cause I'm sure there will be plenty of other times!!!!

Yeah it was kinda cool to talk to him. He's from the same part of India that we were all from so it was fun talking to him. Since we're all Indian we also have seen alot of his other movies as well....he's kinda big for us since he's like the first one to get as famous as he is!

But Mika was def the highlight of the night!

:)

Has anyone been able to get the stamp marks off of their hands?!

My first day of work is tomorrow and I'm waitressing at Ruby Tuesday's I can't go in with all this stuff over my hands!

Haha...uh oooh

why was it funny to see me talking to him...

Did I make a fool of myself??

LOL

Oh, it was funny because I thought, "who's she talking to?" and only after reading your report realized that I failed to recognize him twice!

Oh well, at least it wasn't like he was SRK... not that I would fail to recognize him!

And hm... I think definitely wear at least part of your outfit! And if you get to meet him again, tell him we said hi and hope his chest is better!

--Jack

P.S. I'm 24, but everyone kept telling me I looked like a teenager, hah... Not that I mind overmuch. :) I guess Mika concerts do make you younger!

Oh, it was funny because I thought, "who's she talking to?" and only after reading your report realized that I failed to recognize him twice!

Oh well, at least it wasn't like he was SRK... not that I would fail to recognize him!

And hm... I think definitely wear at least part of your outfit! And if you get to meet him again, tell him we said hi and hope his chest is better!

--Jack

P.S. I'm 24, but everyone kept telling me I looked like a teenager, hah... Not that I mind overmuch. :) I guess Mika concerts do make you younger!

I def will tell him you all said that!!!! Sorry about guessing your age totally wrong!!! At least when you're older people will think you're younger. My cousin ( the one who MIka took the sunglasses from) is 24 too and she gets the whole you look younger thing alot too! lol

Wait wait wait now...as in SRK do you mean Shahruk Khan the indian actor?!!

I guess I'll have to find out tomorrow though cause I need to go to bed! I have work in the morning!

Hey guys, Ashley here. I've got some pictures that my sister took and some stuff from backstage that I'll post once I get them off the camera. Some of the pics from the show that my sis took are a little dark because she didn't want to use flash and get my camera taken away but some of them came out really good because she was in the front row. I'll post them ASAP.