2007 - Mika @ 9:30 Club Washington, DC - 12 June

hoochatootch

wow lissy! they're really good!! how could you do that when it wasn't allowed? woa, i'm impressed.

Aw thank you!:) Well, when the guards were checking my bag they didn't even notice my camera. It was hidden on the bottom of my purse. And when they were asking for camera checks I pretended I didn't have a camera. And once we got inside and the show finally started I carefully took my camera out and quickly took a few pictures.

kk448 First of all, many thanks to everyone who posted reports/pictures! It made feel better since I was kinda down already about having to wait so long for another concert! By the way, was Mika wearing glitter during the concert 'cause he was during ours, and I LOVED IT!

He was wearing glitter! I loved it too!!

The underwear was definitely orange. And I suspect spandex maybe or at the very least stretchy? I don't know but it didn't look like cloth to me...not that I was looking...

He was wearing glitter! I loved it too!!

The underwear was definitely orange. And I suspect spandex maybe or at the very least stretchy? I don't know but it didn't look like cloth to me...not that I was looking...

Oh okay, thanks! When he first came out he jumping all over the place so at first I thought he was wet/sweating but then I said, "He's wearing glitter!" :wub2:

Yeah I know what you mean about the fabric of the underwear :roftl:...they looked tight not like boxers!

Hey everyone!!!

I'm still in kind of a daze...I met Mika...oh my GOD...:wub2:

We got home way past midnight and we stayed up and raved about the show, but then fell asleep instantly. It was amazing, wasn't it? Especially Love Today, which was BRILLIANT!

I'll upload the pics I got after the gig later on today and write a full report!!!

Hi all, thanks so much for all your reports - I feel as though I was there with you instead of tucked up in bed in the UK! Huge thanks to Lissy for risking having her pictures deleted so she could show them here - they're great:thumb_yello: .

It appears that you all had a fantastic time, which is no surprise as he's the best!!:mf_lustslow:

Aw thank you!:) Well, when the guards were checking my bag they didn't even notice my camera. It was hidden on the bottom of my purse. And when they were asking for camera checks I pretended I didn't have a camera. And once we got inside and the show finally started I carefully took my camera out and quickly took a few pictures.

We were right next to you! I wanted to take pics soooo badly of the gig itself but I was afraid of getting caught.

Oh okay, thanks! When he first came out he jumping all over the place so at first I thought he was wet/sweating but then I said, "He's wearing glitter!" :wub2:

Yeah I know what you mean about the fabric of the underwear :roftl:...they looked tight not like boxers!

He wore a TON of glitter at the chicago show too!! He wore his lime green briefs that we've seen in other pics before at our show.. they definately were not boxers!! but they were hot!! lol i am so naughty

WOW!

deb, jack, kjoshi and lissy you have all written such awesome reports!:biggrin2:

and lissy i have to say that when i saw your pics i started getting tears in my eyes!

i was quite upset that we couldn't just take pictures outright

- i snuck a few in myself - and then got warned to put the camera away!:sneaky2:

will be interesting to see if they get to take pics in boston - and then we will know that it was just the venue.....

it was such an awesome experience meeting everyone! deb, mgpm, jack, marianne, lissy, myrainbowradio, kjoshi and all your family and friends as well!

i dont know where to begin!:blink:

so this will be the pre-show part...

we had a 3 hour drive from virginia beach to our hotel, got ready and left for the club at 3:30 - with all intentions of being there by 4:00 - but got stuck in traffic getting downtown and then was forced in taking the scenic tour to get to the club, as making a left turn at a signal in DC is pretty much prohibited!:naughty: dont even remember for sure what time it was that we got there - was just happy to have made it in one piece!

got to the club in time to see the band arrive - they were almost discreet - even though they got out of their van and walked right in the front door! LOL! then the clouds rolled in and after getting rained on the club was so kind to let us into the basement - and there really wasnt a line - so we were able to move about and chat with each other - which was quite nice! and we finally had a flat surface to sign the mfc poster - which by the way deb turned out totally awesome! (hopefully mika will hang it up in his room!:thumb_yello: )

at 6:30 deb and i went back outside to move our cars off the street into the parking lot. i jokingly told her that it would be just our luck that we would see mika and i didnt have my camera with me....and while crossing the street deb called my name and pointed! in the alley next to the club we saw mika getting out of his car (cant remember if it was a car or suv) along with i think his sister and someone else (i dont recall it being his mom) cant say for sure if it was even his sis - as all i REALLY noticed was a tall boy with curls!:biggrin2: so yes - deb and i were pretty lucky to have witness mika's arrival - and everyone thought that we should have looked different because we had just seen him! maybe it was shock - but mostly i was just happy that he was actually there!:blush-anim-cl:

and the only pre-show pics i have are one of me that my lovely daughter took (mind you - just so you know that i arrived to the club looking decent - because the rest of the pictures were all after the gig and i jumped around and sweat my arse off!)

...and one of ashley - the girl that got to be big girl - she was right behind us in the line! and we got to chat with the guy that must be mika's stage manager - because he is the one that came and got her from the line....

post-2791-142983661166_thumb.jpg

post-2791-142983661178_thumb.jpg

Should I write my report here or in a new thread?

Oh, here, please! That way we don't have to look all over for it! Can't wait to read it! :)

dcdeb

and the only pre-show pics i have are one of me that my lovely daughter took (mind you - just so you know that i arrived to the club looking decent - because the rest of the pictures were all after the gig and i jumped around and sweat my arse off!)

...and one of ashley - the girl that got to be big girl - she was right behind us in the line! and we got to chat with the guy that must be mika's stage manager - because he is the one that came and got her from the line....

Love part I tootch! And the photo of you! LOL!

BTW, I thought you looked decent throughout the night... don't fret! :)

dcdeb

Love part I tootch! And the photo of you! LOL!

BTW, I thought you looked decent throughout the night... don't fret! :)

dcdeb

You both look gorgeous...........and everyone else but us Oldlings have to keep each others morale up!

Aw the encore was so amazing! I wish I was brave enough to capture part of it. I know if I wasn't so afraid of getting my camera taken away I could have taken incredible shots like I did at the first show I went to in NYC in March. I was directly in the front on the right side of the stage too! I probably remember seeing you, I think. You may have been the guy who warned me and the girl standing next to me about the camera situation. If so Thanks a lot!! I did not want to be kicked out or punished especially since I came alone.

I'm not sure how to upload video if the video is on a cell phone. Mine are on my camera and all I have to do is upload the files to my computer and then I upload the clips directly to youtube or photobucket.

Haha. If you were in the front row you were directly in front of me and I did warn you. I thought you looked familiar