2007 - Mika @ 9:30 Club Washington, DC - 12 June

hoochatootch

OK, late for work now but never mind!

Tootch...............amazing report and FANTASTIC pics, you lucky lucky girl! I am SO glad that it all worked out so well for you all!

Amazing!

I don't have a problem with Mika calling his trews his 'Rupert pants!' I love it! x

kabhi khushi kabhi gham :wub2: :wub2:

Hahah, actually Kajol's character annoyed me a lot in that movie... but the actor line-up was fantastic! It also has my sister's favorite Hrithik. Though my dad and I joke that Abhishek Bachan must have a contract that says he has to be in every movie for at least one scene.

Anyway, my fave SRK-and-Kajol movie is Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, with Kuch Kuch Hota Hai in second place. And my favorite SRK-and-not-Kajol movie is probably Paheli, just because it was so lovely all around. Though I STILL have not seen Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, and I think I would really love it.

Um... we've gotten off track, hah.

Can't wait for your pics, Ashley!

--Jack

Hahah, actually Kajol's character annoyed me a lot in that movie... but the actor line-up was fantastic! It also has my sister's favorite Hrithik. Though my dad and I joke that Abhishek Bachan must have a contract that says he has to be in every movie for at least one scene.

Anyway, my fave SRK-and-Kajol movie is Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, with Kuch Kuch Hota Hai in second place. And my favorite SRK-and-not-Kajol movie is probably Paheli, just because it was so lovely all around. Though I STILL have not seen Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, and I think I would really love it.

Um... we've gotten off track, hah.

Can't wait for your pics, Ashley!

--Jack

I also liked Mohabbatein a lot. Haven't seen Paheli yet ( isn't it that movie with a moustached SRK ? LOL- if it is then I think that is the reason why)

Your sister's so right about Hritik, very handsome :biggrin2:

To be honest Kuch Kuch Hota Hai annoyed me somewhat for it was a little over the top soppy random silliness (as if that wasn't the purpose of almost all bollywood movies LOL :bleh: )

If you hadn't to plan at least a whole afternoon or night for it I'd probably have watched more of them so far...

I just can't stop reading the reports and watching the pics... They are AWESOME! :punk:

Well I am sure you have enough fantastic memories to have Sweet Dreams for the rest of your LIFES! :naughty:

Oh and I love Mikey with the blue tongue! You definitely should send him that one! :roftl: :roftl:

I have such a pic of myself with a blue tongue too (years ago in New Zealand). I had a weird drink, I wonder what kind of drink Mikey had... :naughty:

It's been fab reading all your reports! You must be all over the moon about meeting our Man! (He ain't no boy now!)

The pictures are great!

Tootch, well done for remembering your tartan! Loved seeing all your photos too!

Roll on November! :biggrin2:

ASHLEY!!!! You lucky girl!!!!! You were fabulous!!!!!!! Oh my word.... SO looking forward to seeing your pictures! What was it like backstage?

Jack, I'm glad you liked the pictures. :)

Tootch, yes, our pictures DO look alike!!! Tom sent me an email thanking me for choosing him to go with me to such a special event in my life! He's a darling. My sister is a lucky woman.

I remember Mika saying the blinking hearts were"Universal, International" because he saw them "everywhere I go."

I told him my son was into music and that I was inspired to get him a trash can to drum on and he laughed.

I looked a total mess by the time I saw him, but I guess I have to get over that!

Hey guys, Ashley here. I've got some pictures that my sister took and some stuff from backstage that I'll post once I get them off the camera. Some of the pics from the show that my sis took are a little dark because she didn't want to use flash and get my camera taken away but some of them came out really good because she was in the front row. I'll post them ASAP.

Ashley! Welcome to the forum! Sorry we weren't introduced at the club,

but I heard all about you. And saw you, of course! And YES, YOU WERE AMAZING!!! Like a professional dancer! :biggrin2:

Can't wait to hear more and see your pix!

dcdeb

No, that's not him--he's the man with the dark curly hair wearing a black button-down shirt in some of the aftershow pics! But yeah, even if you don't

get aftershow passes, Mika will come out the back if you wait long enough (an hour and a half, about?).

ahhh, okay! i know the guy i'm talking about is a manager of some sort, but i never asked his name, and just assumed that's who you guys were talking about. this guy was around the venue during the day and with mika afterwards when he came outside, and i'd seen pictures of him from other people's shows saying he was a manager or something. different guy i guess!

Just got a call from tootch, who alerted me to this video just posted on youtube from the DC show -- it's all of Grace Kelly!

Also, Lissy's video clips are on youtube now as well!

Thanks Lissy! :biggrin2:

*sigh*

Why does it have to be over...?

dcdeb <suffering PMD -- Post Mika Depression -- big time>

Wow guys - it has taken me over half an hour to read through all these reports, and look at the pictures!!! What a brilliant time you all had.

I have laughed, cried and been speechless - and cant wait for November!!!

Tootch - your tartan was a brilliant idea - and as for Rupert trousers - he can call them what he wants - they were made with love, for him!!!! (and I quite like Rupert the Bear anyway!!!)

Thanks everyone - and roll on the next fan-club outing to Mika!!!

Hi Ashley!!

Can't believe you got choosen to go dance on stage! So lucky!! Good for you!

Jack and Violet Sky...

Haha...You guys!! I didn't know that you guys would know about bollywood movies and stuff! That's awesome!!! :thumb_yello:

hey any of u guys have pix of the show u would like to add to MIKA LIVE album?!

i want to send him the link to it soon... anyone?! :)

please PM me k?

Hiya Lucky DC folks !!! Sounds like you had yet another Mikagasmic time !!!:wub2: Would one of you pls tell which page to look for RE: reports from the concert ??? BIG L, HK xox

Happikali, the reports start to trickle in at page 30, then they just

keep on coming after that, with pix, etc.

It was a fabulous night, so we all had a lot to say! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

hey any of u guys have pix of the show u would like to add to MIKA LIVE album?!

i want to send him the link to it soon... anyone?! :)

please PM me k?

I would love to!!!!

I'll send you some later tonight...

Where do I send it to?

Whoops, I accidentally put that I've been a member on here since January instead of February on my page for the scrapbook that we gave him...crap... :doh:

its ok shelby!

next time you see him you can let him know!:wink2:

i am SURE he will understand!:biggrin2:

who's up for a september gig????

(jealeous of kjoshi - getting another fix in a couple days!:wink2:)

Thanx for everyone for posting pics and reviews!

And its just so amazing, that everyone had got the chance to share the warmest moments with Mika and the band:bleh:

and Jacks artwork is beyond great:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

it took me ages to read everything since yesterday night, but wow!!

toooootch!! your pics are amazing! and omg your report!!

you guys have had a wonderufl night!! i can feel your excitement through your words!!

Hahah, thanks, I literally went shopping with the CD case in my hand... but I can always use more colorful socks, I love them. The yellow skirt is actually a dress, and I intend to wear it with the shoes for my mom's big birthday party this weekend--so it wasn't entirely frivolous shopping!]

By the way, for people who want reports, Kjoshi's is the first one on page 27.

--Jack

I'm just trying to get through all the reports/pics, etc. This is a great thread and it sounds like an amazing night.

It's going to be interesting to see what his second album is all about. I wonder if he's going to expand on what he's doing now or just start from scratch and come up with an entirely new concept.

Everyone will have to buy new accessories for the shows in that case :wink2:

its ok shelby!

next time you see him you can let him know!:wink2:

i am SURE he will understand!:biggrin2:

who's up for a september gig????

(jealeous of kjoshi - getting another fix in a couple days!:wink2:)

September works for me! My birthday just so happens to be then. ;)