The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

I've anglo friends outside the forum too! But everything is better with Mika:wub2:

It was a pleasure to meet you jassisa! I'm off to bed now with you're chocolate sauce Mika pic in mind:naughty:

You should probably get some sleep too, right? :roftl:

Night!

Nice to meet you to! Glad I could be of service :naughty:

It's already morning here but oh well... :naughty:

Nighty to YOU!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And our accent! I think we're warmer and more welcoming than the anglos (sorry Becks, nothing personal :wink2:), It's our latino side:biggrin2:

:shocked: Oh boy....them's fightin words!!!! :roftl: :roftl: I'm kidding....I can't even get calicojasmine on my side, she's from Montreal right?

*suddenly feels very alone:sweatdrop: :emot-sad: *

:shocked: Oh boy....them's fightin words!!!! :roftl: I'm kidding....I can't even get calicojasmine on my side, she's from Montreal right?

Aaaw don't feel alone my sasqu...ehhrrm friend from Saskatchewan :biggrin2:

I'm here aaaall the way from Sweden :wink2::naughty:

Aaaw don't feel alone my sasqu...ehhrrm friend from Saskatchewan :biggrin2:

I'm here aaaall the way from Sweden :wink2::naughty:

Hmmmm....I think I may have to change my location.....:roftl: :roftl: I'm thinking the UK (yeah right, my mom would never speak to me again:naughty: )

Hmmmm....I think I may have to change my location.....:roftl: I'm thinking the UK (yeah right, my mom would never speak to me again:naughty: )

I'm also considering Mika- land in the future :naughty:

But I'm fine for now, at least Mika will performe here and I'll get to see him :punk:

Well I'm off to bed. You should go to Jassisa (if you're still there) although, it's probably time for you to be getting up soon:naughty:

Goodnight!!!

Congratulations Sunshine! Please tell Mika we are waiting very impatiently for him to get his butt back here and the week of Sept 24 doesn't work for me :naughty:

I've got the Grace Kelly and his Tonight Show appearance videos up now if anyone is interested.

:shocked: Oh boy....them's fightin words!!!! :roftl: :roftl: I'm kidding....I can't even get calicojasmine on my side, she's from Montreal right?

Whoa,whoa, whoa - my ears are burning bright red - what's the scoop here! If it's any help to the argument here, I am an anglophone (mother tongue is english). I was educated in french, and by the time I was in the workplace I was fluently bilingual. But I left Quebec in '78 and have been in B.C. since. I am no longer fluent (if you don't use it, you lose it!)

So I don't know what you guys were driving at, but I'm more of a Westerner now than from Quebec. To be quite frank, one of the main reasons I left Quebec was due to it's climates - weather and political! Back in the day when the mass-exodus out of Quebec was taking place the really contentious issue was separatism, something most anglophones were dead-set against. Rene Levesque and his Parti Queecois had a strong following, and many people left the province because of it. My attitude was: I'm still young enough to have some say in what my future holds for me. I'll be damned if I'm going to be dictated how to live my life and what language to live it in. :sneaky2::boxed:

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

*mega ultra uber happy dance*

:woot_jump:

I'M GOING !!!!

I bought my tix this morning.... the show was sold out so I had to buy them from another website.... expensive but TOTALLY WORTH IT if you ask me !!!!

YAYNESS !!! :arf2:

*faint*

Super so it will be you and your friend ,me and another canadian fellow in Boston so we have to tell Mika to do a tour in Canada!!!

Natie x

Whoa,whoa, whoa - my ears are burning bright red - what's the scoop here! If it's any help to the argument here, I am an anglophone (mother tongue is english). I was educated in french, and by the time I was in the workplace I was fluently bilingual. But I left Quebec in '78 and have been in B.C. since. I am no longer fluent (if you don't use it, you lose it!)

So I don't know what you guys were driving at, but I'm more of a Westerner now than from Quebec. To be quite frank, one of the main reasons I left Quebec was due to it's climates - weather and political! Back in the day when the mass-exodus out of Quebec was taking place the really contentious issue was separatism, something most anglophones were dead-set against. Rene Levesque and his Parti Queecois had a strong following, and many people left the province because of it. My attitude was: I'm still young enough to have some say in what my future holds for me. I'll be damned if I'm going to be dictated how to live my life and what language to live it in. :sneaky2::boxed:

:shocked: he He He! Don't whan to fight with anyone. In fact i'm not even separatist... Well a lot less than before! But I still think french canadian has a different culture, in which I don't always recognise myself... That's why I listen to few french music, watch english canadian tv most of the time, etc. But still what my (futur) children to go to french school!

:shocked: he He He! Don't whan to fight with anyone. In fact i'm not even separatist... Well a lot less than before! But I still think french canadian has a different culture, in which I don't always recognise myself... That's why I listen to few french music, watch english canadian tv most of the time, etc. But still what my (futur) children to go to french school!

OMG!!! I'm so sorry!!! I was only kidding!! Oh boy...:blink: I didn't mean to cause anything here.

*feeling really silly now:sorry: :giveup: *

OMG!!! I'm so sorry!!! I was only kidding!! Oh boy...:blink: I didn't mean to cause anything here.

*feeling really silly now:sorry: :giveup: *

Ouf! :sweatdrop: Didn't want to cause a war too...

You can still have my couch if Mika comes back in Montreal!

*hugging Becks*

Ouf! :sweatdrop: Didn't want to cause a war too...

You can still have my couch if Mika comes back in Montreal!

*hugging Becks*

*hugs back*

Aww...thanks. Let's never speak of this again:naughty:

CANADIANS! My brother was watching Canadian Idol and said someone sang...

GRACE KELLY AS IN AUDITION SONG.

Now, first of all i dont know if my brother was just joking with me, so im trying to watch the episode on CTV broadband, but its taking FOREVER to load.

Did anyone watch? I regret not watching it now... LOL

edit: im watching it on satellite right now i got it at a different time

Now, first of all i dont know if my brother was just joking with me, so im trying to watch the episode on CTV broadband, but its taking FOREVER to load.

YES! You're brother is CORRECT! I watched it...it was a HORRIBLE version!

edit: im watching it on satellite right now i got it at a different time

YES i watched it last night too! my god, way to butcher an amazing song!

but i did have a good laugh lol but seriously at least learn the correct lyrics!