Queeniac Club

mandilambi

Shari, thanks for sharing with us what he said. Sounds like it was an interesting interview!

Thanks Mandi, yes it was good to see him on TV again. I had to watch it twice to recall what he was saying, I couldn't stop drooling, he's my dreamboat!

Mandi, I have seen your clip on youtube about Mika pinging your braces. I love it. Thought it was really cute especially when you asked him if he was teasing you. You have a lovely voice too.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shari, I can imagine it was great to see him on TV! I hope we're able to see a lot more of him and Brian in the near future, especially with the new record that they're working on!

I'm glad you enjoyed my video! That's one of my fondest memories. :) I'm still a little shocked that Mika did that to my braces. haha!

#14 top poster woooooooooooooooooooooot

well that doesn't mean lot to me... I don't want to have as many posts as possible because then I would only spam I guess... so I'm proud that I already read the forums in the early days..

I like "say it's not true" :wub2: It's cool that they shared the voice part

well that doesn't mean lot to me... I don't want to have as many posts as possible because then I would only spam I guess... so I'm proud that I already read the forums in the early days..

I like "say it's not true" :wub2: It's cool that they shared the voice part

:fish::roftl:

Quite right but still well done:thumb_yello:

I totally agree about say its not true, maybe I will be going their next concert:wub2: I just adore Rogers voice, I love Brians too, but rogers, i have had his solo and cross albums for years and hearing his voice is like hearing freds, its like going home to mummy:roftl: :wub2:

The boys sound really fabulous. I have always had a little soft spot for Brian's voice. It always sounds so soft and innocent. :)

I can't wait to hear it live with my own ears. Brian's guitar playing is fantastic, as ever! It's a really lovely song....bravo, guys.

The boys sound really fabulous. I have always had a little soft spot for Brian's voice. It always sounds so soft and innocent. :)

I can't wait to hear it live with my own ears. Brian's guitar playing is fantastic, as ever! It's a really lovely song....bravo, guys.

I personally like the live version better.

The acoustics with Roger's voice. :wub2::tears: It was beautiful.

I had a strange dream this night !!! :shocked: We spoke about cloning in biology on friday and then this night I had this strange dream...

They cloned Freddie :shocked: So he was there again.. I went to a gig but when I was there I felt like seeing a tribute band or something although the person up there looked like him and acted like him and sang like him ! It was amazing but.. I still missed the REAL Freddie even in my dream but nobody else did..

Then I suddenly was backstage and talked to Brian and said.. well i still miss the real freddie and he said... Which real Freddie?? and I was like :boxed: why does nobody know !!¨

:roftl: dreams are so weird sometimes !!!!

That's your conscience telling you not to accept anything less than the real thing. Which sadly is unattainable now, but your heart lies in the right place.

A question was asked at the Queen convention this year as to what Freddie would have thought to Mika.

Peter Freestone said that he would have accepted him as the genuine talent that he is. He would wish him well on a long future in music. Freddie knew talent.

That's your conscience telling you not to accept anything less than the real thing. Which sadly is unattainable now, but your heart lies in the right place.

A question was asked at the Queen convention this year as to what Freddie would have thought to Mika.

Peter Freestone said that he would have accepted him as the genuine talent that he is. He would wish him well on a long future in music. Freddie knew talent.

Aww.

:wub2: We love you, Freddie!

I bet he would like him,too! I can see Mika and Freddie being pals.

I honestly don't think that Mika sounds like Queen or Freddie.

Speaking about Mika and Freddie, I often wonder what people here (and Queen fans elsewhere) would say if Mika got the job to front Queen. I have had discussions with fans who don't like Rodgers and refuse to accept the Queen collaboration. But I wonder if they would say the same thing if it were Mika doing what Rodgers is doing.

Just a thought. :)

I agree with that:mf_lustslow: Fred admired talent.

MANDY Id love it if Mika joined with Queen and did a freddie! But then I love Mika so it would be the next best thing. it would not be as good as fred though, MIka is wonderful, but not a patch on freddie, I wouldnt say that out of this thread though!!!

I think Mika as too much to do already living his own dream anyway.:mf_rosetinted:

I see what you mean, jengafer. Though what I am most curious about is the fact that people refuse to see Queen + Paul Rodgers because they say it's "not Queen." Then I wonder if it were Mika, would they go see the shows and say that it's "Queen" now?

I've also often heard people say that they like Paul because he doesn't try to be Freddie. I am guessing people would get mad if Mika joined because he would be "too much" like Freddie.

I dunno. I'm just speaking out loud now. LOL

Speaking about Mika and Freddie, I often wonder what people here (and Queen fans elsewhere) would say if Mika got the job to front Queen. I have had discussions with fans who don't like Rodgers and refuse to accept the Queen collaboration. But I wonder if they would say the same thing if it were Mika doing what Rodgers is doing.

Just a thought. :)

I suspect some would like it, others would not. I have had a life time of loving Queen and I know you're not saying; Mika replaces Freddie (even hyperthetically) in the band, but I feel Queen have a very different edge than Mika. I personally would love to see him join them for a couple of numbers, but Mika is more an individual. His creativity is working on his own rather than the collaboration within a group. Plus Mika is wonderful pop, Queen were Rock. (Having said that PR is blues rock, so I guess anything could happen!)

I think Paul Rodgers has fitted in quite well but sadly it's not Queen. I reckon George Michael did a great job at Freddie Tribute concert in '92

I don't mind Paul...I'm not sure what I'd think of if I saw Mika with Queen. I think I'd prefer to see him solo.

I think once in a while joinging the gang on a Queen song or two would be amazing, but as for leading the band..I don't know.:blush-anim-cl:

I suspect some would like it, others would not. I have had a life time of loving Queen and I know you're not saying; Mika replaces Freddie (even hyperthetically) in the band, but I feel Queen have a very different edge than Mika. I personally would love to see him join them for a couple of numbers, but Mika is more an individual. His creativity is working on his own rather than the collaboration within a group. Plus Mika is wonderful pop, Queen were Rock. (Having said that PR is blues rock, so I guess anything could happen!)

I think Paul Rodgers has fitted in quite well but sadly it's not Queen. I reckon George Michael did a great job at Freddie Tribute concert in '92

Exactly what I think!

:thumb_yello:

Shari, great post. You're right, I don't mean to imply anyone is replacing Freddie, although we all know someone has to do it. To me, I have always liked Paul simply for the fact that he helped to revive Queen. I don't think he *is* Queen in any respect, but the fact that he was a big reason that they have decided to do any album makes me love the dude. :)

I guess I just hear alot of people say they don't like him for the wrong reasons. I just wondered if everyone would say the same things if it were Mika in his place.

Yes, you are right Mandi, some fans are not prepared to give Paul Rodgers the chance, but I totally agree with you, that it has given Queen (and the fans) a new lease of life.

I for one, am happy for that. I wasn't well enough to go to Hyde Park last year. I normally would have done, but the live CD they brought out after that made up for me not going.

I had friends who went and called me for Tie Your Mother Down, it was so fantastic to hear them live again.

I have seen Queen 7 times with Freddie and will never forget the spectacular show he put on.

KEEP QUEEN ALIVE I SAY.

Yes, you are right Mandi, some fans are not prepared to give Paul Rodgers the chance, but I totally agree with you, that it has given Queen (and the fans) a new lease of life.

I for one, am happy for that. I wasn't well enough to go to Hyde Park last year. I normally would have done, but the live CD they brought out after that made up for me not going.

I had friends who went and called me for Tie Your Mother Down, it was so fantastic to hear them live again.

I have seen Queen 7 times with Freddie and will never forget the spectacular show he put on.

KEEP QUEEN ALIVE I SAY.

Aww, that's a shame you were sick for Hyde Park. It seemed like such a fantastic show!

:wub2: Did you see them at all on their tour?

We seem to agree on just about everything, Shari! I certainly agree with your last comment - keep Queen alive! I turly cannot understand fans that would rather Queen do nothing than perform with Rodgers. That just baffles me. I don't expect people to follow Queen blindly, but I do believe that we should offer support for their decision to do so. Especially after all they have given us and how much their hearts are driven to do so. :)

How fantastic that you got to see Queen live seven times! You are one lucky lady, though I am sure you know that. :) I feel blessed to have seen Queen when I did. Honestly, it was one of the most highly anticipated experiences of my life. The only concert to date to bring me to tears. It was wonderful. :)

Aww, that's a shame you were sick for Hyde Park. It seemed like such a fantastic show!:wub2: Did you see them at all on their tour?

No I never got to see them during the last tour unfortunately. You wouldn't believe my anger and frustration with my on-going bad back. That is what prevented me from doing virtually anything last year!

(this is why I could hardly walk after seeing Mika on 24th Nov)

Mandi, I'm so pleased for you that you got to see Queen. Yes, "highly anticipated" is an emotion I have experienced when going to see Queen. I know it very well. I do realise how lucky I am in seeing them 7 times (inc video shoot for WATC).

However there are people who saw them more than I did. I'm just very proud of my 7 times record and being a long standing member in the fan club for 32 years!

Did you ever get to see the clip of Roger on Sky nbews last Sunday? Surely someone has put it on youtube?

I'm going to have to go.....I've got a coughing fit. I think I've got what Mika has. Losing my voice.