Queeniac Club

mandilambi

Wow, that's so cool that you were in the WATC vid! You've definitely got some major bragging rights with that one. haha :) Which years were you able to see them live? I always enjoy hearing stories like these. I am able to live vicariously through you, I suppose. :D

That's also wonderful that you've been a member of the fanclub so such a long time. It's obvious you are a devoted fan and those are the best kinds!

No, I never saw the clip of Roger yet. I will have to go search on youtube for it!

Hope your coughing fit goes away soon. :)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see what you mean, jengafer. Though what I am most curious about is the fact that people refuse to see Queen + Paul Rodgers because they say it's "not Queen." Then I wonder if it were Mika, would they go see the shows and say that it's "Queen" now?

I've also often heard people say that they like Paul because he doesn't try to be Freddie. I am guessing people would get mad if Mika joined because he would be "too much" like Freddie.

I dunno. I'm just speaking out loud now. LOL

i'm at a loss on this one.

because, i don't mind Paul, and i'm glad he's not trying to pull a Freddie.

and No one will ever be Freddie.

ever.

case closed. :mf_rosetinted:

and i wouldn't want mika to tour with so he could be 'the new freddie.'

that's why i refused to listen to mika when i first discovered him, because everyone was saying he was the new freddie.

i guess i'm just thinking aloud, but you get my point. :bleh:

Ok, Queen 7 times,

'76 Liverpool was my first gig,

'77 was my video shoot gig,

'79 The Crazy tour which would have been Birmingham,

'80 I think The Game tour again at Birmingham NEC

'84 the Works tour at Birmingham

'86 Knebworth

'92 Freddie tribute concert.

Oh I could go on and on about Queen, they're my passion. I've have never liked anyone as much as them, but since Mika came along, I'm finding myself as mad about him as I am Queen. Strange really.

I will see if I can upload the Roger clip for you and Jen, but it will be tomorrow now. Still coughing, sorry. nighty night.xx

Shari, awesome line-up of shows there! I bet you have some amazing memories and that's really a wonderful thing. :)

Hilary, I agree that no one will ever come close to being Freddie. Generally, I think all Queen fans agree that this is never possible. I just wonder if people would give the same reaction to Mika as they have to Paul. Who knows!

i'm at a loss on this one.

because, i don't mind Paul, and i'm glad he's not trying to pull a Freddie.

and No one will ever be Freddie.

ever.

case closed. :mf_rosetinted:

and i wouldn't want mika to tour with so he could be 'the new freddie.'

that's why i refused to listen to mika when i first discovered him, because everyone was saying he was the new freddie.

i guess i'm just thinking aloud, but you get my point. :bleh:

Yes, I think the continuous Freddie comparison actually worked against Mika and probably still does for people who jump to conclusions too quickly without giving him the chance.... I think these comparisons will stop eventually (though they are pretty obvious, really), so that he can only be remembered as Mika. Actually I remember a Freddie interview from the 70s when he was talking about how new artists always get compared to others and that he didn't mind it... I just can't remember who he was compared to...

Anyway, Mika going on tour with Queen would mean the end of his career and of course no true Queen or Mika fan would like that. It would be really...'cheap'. :cool: But a one off collaboration would be nice, especially if it's a new one. I haven't heard of anyone else who could come so close to Freddie's songwriting and voice as Mika.

You're right about Mika's career as a solo artist ending, which is not what any of us want! Honestly, I don't really want him to join up with Queen either, but I was thinking about this fake scenario a lot and wonder what everyone else's feelings would be.

I see what you mean, jengafer. Though what I am most curious about is the fact that people refuse to see Queen + Paul Rodgers because they say it's "not Queen." Then I wonder if it were Mika, would they go see the shows and say that it's "Queen" now?

I've also often heard people say that they like Paul because he doesn't try to be Freddie. I am guessing people would get mad if Mika joined because he would be "too much" like Freddie.

I dunno. I'm just speaking out loud now. LOL

you are prob right but ppl like do like to make a fuss dont they. Im not atall mad about Paul and they call it Queen and Paul Rodgers, also I dont think he tries to be freddie, he has no chance anyway , but i dont blame him if he is trying!!...i just dont think Queen are queen without fred, they should go back to SMILE!! but i can see why they use the name, so its okay by me, Bri and rog can do no wrong and i even like the new queen and PR song so may go the the next gig afterall:biggrin2:

Anyway, Mika going on tour with Queen would mean the end of his career and of course no true Queen or Mika fan would like that. It would be really...'cheap'. :cool: But a one off collaboration would be nice, especially if it's a new one. I haven't heard of anyone else who could come so close to Freddie's songwriting and voice as Mika.

I Totally Agree Suzie!

I think a collaboration, or maybe a song in an award night or something like that it would be great!

When I first heard Mika, everybody told me that he was just like Freddie...Maybe because of that, when I heard him I thought: "Hey!! he has nothing to do with Freddie, but I really Like him!" Now I think that he has a little influence, but he is NOT Freddie, and, most important, he Does Not immitate him!! But yes, his songwriting and voice is so Freddie-ish!!

Don´t forget to vote Him!!!!

www.roty.tv

Hi people!!! It's been such a long time!!!

I've just heard "Say It's Not True" and I love it! It's not exactly Queen, but I love it, it's a perfect track, and the way the voices of the three of them get together is amazing. I hope we get to hear some more soon.

Mandi, thanks so much for letting us know that. I had no idea. Been busy wrapped up in wrapping and card writing!

Thank you.

Roger on sky was worth a look wasn't it? It's not my upload but I found it and thought you all might like to see it anyhow.

Mandi, thanks so much for letting us know that. I had no idea. Been busy wrapped up in wrapping and card writing!

Thank you.

Roger on sky was worth a look wasn't it? It's not my upload but I found it and thought you all might like to see it anyhow.

Thank you so much Shari for the Rog interview, am watching it NOW!!! YOU are a star!!:thumb_yello:

Isnt Rog so sincere and wordly wise now. Just compare this interview to the one on the Queen Montreaux/live aid vid(or is it montreal, i always get them mixed up) vid, when they were talking about the reason for doing the live aid concert:roftl: That whoel interview cracks me up:roftl:

It always shock me to see him as an olding....I just love Roger, he is so delightful:biggrin2: :bleh: