Queeniac Club

mandilambi

This morning's news from Brian's soapbox::thumb_yello:

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

**Thu 29 Nov 07**

QUEEN AND PAUL RODGERS RIDE AGAIN!

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER A STUDIO SINGLE ...

Well folks ...

We had a frenetic few days ... about last Friday, we made a snap decision that we'd like to offer a track for World AIDS Day - a track which we've been enjoying in the studio ...

Those who saw Queen plus P.R. on tour last year might remember that Roger sang a contemplative little song called "Say It's Not True" in our acoustic set ...

Well, the idea came up to bring this song into the fold, as something Paul, Roger and I could put our collective stamp on .... and, in the atmosphere of 'good chemistry', the song grew rapidly into ... well, a modest Epic, I would say ! We all sing on it, it takes a new direction, and it packs a lot of surprises ...

Our intention is to give the track away completely free for World AIDS Day - which is this weekend - so suddenly we had to pull out all the stops and really complete this recording ...

So that's where I've been, this rainy night, until 6am ... down at Roger's studio, slaving over a hot mixer! I'm very excited about the way it sounds ... pretty adventurous, I think, and it has important things to say ...

So it goes to mastering this morning ... and ... should emerge .... momentarily!! It's BIG!!!

Watch this space! We haven't done this for a very long time ... but somehow the spirit of Queen has been very strong, the last few days ... and Paul has been in magnificent voice, I'm sure you will agree ... As for guitars ... they are not lacking ... I got some sore fingers along the way ... no holds barred .. Well, enough said - the track is perfectly capable of speaking for itself ....

Cheers

Bri

OMG!!! I`m so excited!! I just wanna hear it!! I cant believe it!! the only thing that bothers me is that Freddie can´t sing it, and I don´t know if PR is my favourite (I can only say that he doesn´t immitate Freddie, he has his own style, and that is something good!)!!

I just kill for hear Mika singing with Queen!! I´m not saying a tour, maybe only one song, it will be fantastic!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear fellow Queeniacs,

I have just come across some links on Youtube I thought I might share with you.

Here is the background info to them:

You might have heard of Maurice Béjart, a choreographer and ballet director who died last week at the age of 80. His most famous piece towards the end of his life was Le Presbytère (Ballet or Life), a ballet to the music of Queen and Mozart, dedicated to those who had died young, especially from Aids.

It is a synthesis of different arts – music, dance, and fashion performance and was performed for the first time in January 1997 with Gianni Versace creating the costumes for it.

Here are the links - enjoy it:

(No 3 is missing there, I'm sorry..)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoOrYaL5SWw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY9STJoyD4U

Oh! I saw it on TV! they performed here in Argentina, cause it was a Tribute to Freddie and to an Argentinean dancer called Jorge Donn, who was Fredddie´s friend too, and he died of Aids after Freddie. It was beautifull and very strange. that thing with the TV´s was very weird, but I really like it!!

Maurice Bejart, rest in peace, in company of those you really loved and admired...

This morning's news from Brian's soapbox::thumb_yello:

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

**Thu 29 Nov 07**

QUEEN AND PAUL RODGERS RIDE AGAIN!

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER A STUDIO SINGLE ...

Well folks ...

We had a frenetic few days ... about last Friday, we made a snap decision that we'd like to offer a track for World AIDS Day - a track which we've been enjoying in the studio ...

Those who saw Queen plus P.R. on tour last year might remember that Roger sang a contemplative little song called "Say It's Not True" in our acoustic set ...

Well, the idea came up to bring this song into the fold, as something Paul, Roger and I could put our collective stamp on .... and, in the atmosphere of 'good chemistry', the song grew rapidly into ... well, a modest Epic, I would say ! We all sing on it, it takes a new direction, and it packs a lot of surprises ...

Our intention is to give the track away completely free for World AIDS Day - which is this weekend - so suddenly we had to pull out all the stops and really complete this recording ...

So that's where I've been, this rainy night, until 6am ... down at Roger's studio, slaving over a hot mixer! I'm very excited about the way it sounds ... pretty adventurous, I think, and it has important things to say ...

So it goes to mastering this morning ... and ... should emerge .... momentarily!! It's BIG!!!

Watch this space! We haven't done this for a very long time ... but somehow the spirit of Queen has been very strong, the last few days ... and Paul has been in magnificent voice, I'm sure you will agree ... As for guitars ... they are not lacking ... I got some sore fingers along the way ... no holds barred .. Well, enough said - the track is perfectly capable of speaking for itself ....

Cheers

Bri

You beat me haha

I'm so excited! I love "Say It's Not True"! :biggrin2:

Can't wait to hear the official version:punk:

You beat me haha

I'm so excited! I love "Say It's Not True"! :biggrin2:

Can't wait to hear the official version:punk:

Ok, so here it is, available for free download:

http://www.queenonline.com/sayitsnottrue'>http://www.queenonline.com/sayitsnottrue

QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS BRAND NEW RECORDING FOR FREE DOWNLOAD ESPECIALLY FOR NELSON MANDELA'S 46664 ON WORLD AIDS DAY AVAILABLE HERE ON QUEENONLINE

It has not been that closely a guarded secret that Queen and Paul Rodgers have been in the recording studio for their first sessions together following their successful world tour of 2005/2006. Indeed, both Paul and Brian have been quoted on their websites as being "quietly excited" about the music that has been produced from this creative union.

Spurred on by their commitments as Ambassadors to Nelson Mandela's 46664 HIV AIDS global campaign, on which the spotlight will fall December 1 with a World Aids Day awareness and fundraising concert in Johannesburg, South Africa, Brian, Roger and Paul have announced they have rushed to finish a track specially written for 46664 by Roger and have it available as a free download in time for this coming Saturday's benefit concert.

The track, Roger's "Say It's Not True", originally came to light for the launch of the 46664 campaign back in November 2003. Roger wrote the song as a gift to Nelson Mandela (or 'Madiba', as he is fondly known), and performed it live for him for the first time with Brian and Dave Stewart at the inaugural 46664 concert in Cape Town that month. The song carries the message that HIV AIDS is something that can affect any one of us.

Roger performed an acoustic version of the song again nightly during the Queen + Paul Rodgers' 2005 tour, each time dedicating it to Madiba's work to bring people and politicians together to fight HIV AIDS and make the necessary treatment drugs available.

Having played two previous 46664 concerts, but committed in the studio this year, Roger, Brian, and Paul decided to revisit the song, with all three of them sharing the vocals, and to make the song the band's message of support to Nelson Mandela this year.

"By making the song available for free", says Roger, "we hope to help Madiba with his campaign to get across the message that no-one is safe from infection. We have to be aware, we have to protect ourselves and those we love. The song follows the line of his personal message: it's in our own hands to bring a stop to this."

Queen's last new studio recording was back in November 1997 when Brian, Roger and John Deacon reunited to record "No-One But You" a song written by Brian which was shaped by the early loss of Freddie Mercury to AIDS. The song was the last new work to be released by the band, issued as a single in January 1998.

A specially made video for "Say It's Not True" will be premiered during this Saturday's 46664 Johannesburg World AIDS Day concert and the track will be made available as a FREE download exclusively on http://www.queenonline.com and through http://www.46664.com, http://www.46664global.com, queenpluspaulrodgers.com and http://www.paulrodgers.com on World Aids Day, December 1.

OMG OMG OMG I luuurve it :wub2:

I've never actually heard PR's voice and I was afraid I wouldn't like it...but I do :biggrin2:

I know what you mean... I was also worried that I'd be disappointed when I went to the 'Q+PR' concert in 2004 but I was pleasantly surprised .

Paul Rodgers IS a great singer and he is actually brilliant live, too.:thumb_yello:

Luckily he is not trying to pretend he is a showman, just sings the songs in a powerful way. As once Brian said, they are the 'Best Queen Tribute Band'...

... I am not sure about the new album, but I hope I will pleasantly surprised again.:blush-anim-cl: I am NOT expecting a Queen sounding record. I expect a Brian sounding record , something like 'Back to the Light' but with a good singer... That would do.

That's sort of been my expectation, too, suzie. I think there may be a few Queen elements, but for the most part believe it will remind us of Brian's solo work. That's okay with me, as I love Brian's solo work. :) I am just so eager to see them live again.

Like you, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the Queen+Paul mixture.

That's sort of been my expectation, too, suzie. I think there may be a few Queen elements, but for the most part believe it will remind us of Brian's solo work. That's okay with me, as I love Brian's solo work. :) I am just so eager to see them live again.

Like you, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the Queen+Paul mixture.

Same here.

Not to be a downer, but I kind of like the live version better..:boxed:

Had probs getting the kids away from the TV huh Jen?

Mainly talking about how AIDS/HIV virus can affect us all and how the song was a free download.

Subject close to his heart because of Freddie. Even said, if Freddie had contracted the disease 2 years later, he might still be alive today because of the progression with drug treatment for HIV.

Working on material for a new Queen album as it is what they do as a job and how the still enjoy it etc.

Had probs getting the kids away from the TV huh Jen?

Mainly talking about how AIDS/HIV virus can affect us all and how the song was a free download.

Subject close to his heart because of Freddie. Even said, if Freddie had contracted the disease 2 years later, he might still be alive today because of the progression with drug treatment for HIV.

Working on material for a new Queen album as it is what they do as a job and how the still enjoy it etc.

thanks:thumb_yello: , i couldnt even get the channel! i think it will be available online at the skynews site later though, maybe..