Queeniac Club

mandilambi

I bought a Queen 10 pack CD in portland , hollywood records .. I didnt realise how amazing some of the early work is :biggrin2:

The game is one amazing album , Im listening to .. sail away sweet sistor ..:punk:

FD I am :shocked: i thought you had all their stuff and more. Their early stuff is the best:wub2: , I think we all agree that in here

I have a few lesser heard versions of songs and new songs on my space page, check them out. Some funny banter too, like at the start of Polar Bear:naughty:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am right there with you VioletSky!!!!! My wish is that one year soon, I will be able to come to Montreux and we can sit by the statute and cry together all day long! I too, am always a mess on November 24. I celebrate his birthday well! But, when November rolls around I am a complete and utter mess! I am leaving today for my Holiday and I will be gone on November 24..... Hopefully this year I will be able to smile and have a good time- and perhaps that night have my cry with Freddie! There will never be another Freddie- TRULY one of the only TRULY irreplaceable people e-v-e-r *in the music industry* ........

I am so thankful that we have MIKA now. He does not take the place of Freddie for me... but, sure did bring love, happiness, joy, fun and COLOR back into my life!!!!!

very true and there is no ignoring it this year with you lot reminding me:wink2: Please can I come to Montreux too :tears: :tears:

very true and there is no ignoring it this year with you lot reminding me:wink2: Please can I come to Montreux too :tears: :tears:

It would be amazing for you to come to Montreux too!!!!! We all need a good cry together with LOTS of support and love!!!! :wub2:

I am in the same boat as you, Jengafer. I don't make it a habit to cry anymore on his anniversary. Freddie's death falls right around the same day as Thanksgiving, so I find it is a lot better to take that time to be thankful for the life that Freddie lived and for the music that he and the boys gave to us.

I don't think it makes us any less of fans that we're not as emotional anymore. It just means we have learned to grow and to use our emotions in different ways. Of course, I think of the importance of the day, but I am not going to waste that day crying. Freddie would have wanted us to raise a glass in his honor and to dance to his music!

FD I am :shocked: i thought you had all their stuff and more. Their early stuff is the best:wub2: , I think we all agree that in here

I have a few lesser heard versions of songs and new songs on my space page, check them out. Some funny banter too, like at the start of Polar Bear:naughty:

I'm shocked too! What fun you have ahead of you, freddie!

I was born a day and a year before Freddie died.

:tears:

Oh Jess! I remember the first time I ever saw Freddie!!!! I was 5-years-old and my life has never been the same since that day! :shocked:

He was/is the MOST beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes upon! To this very day just the mere sight of him takes my breath away! :wub2:

Live at the Bowl gats me C-R-A-Z-Y and Wembley makes me CRY.... histerically at points!

It would be amazing for you to come to Montreux too!!!!! We all need a good cry together with LOTS of support and love!!!! :wub2:

I may not make it this year but I am looking up Holidays and freddie tours in Montreux right now:bleh:, I really want to go, no matter what date, it looks beautiful and I have heard so many good things about it, not least from Freddie:wub2:

I am in the same boat as you, Jengafer. I don't make it a habit to cry anymore on his anniversary. Freddie's death falls right around the same day as Thanksgiving, so I find it is a lot better to take that time to be thankful for the life that Freddie lived and for the music that he and the boys gave to us.

I don't think it makes us any less of fans that we're not as emotional anymore. It just means we have learned to grow and to use our emotions in different ways. Of course, I think of the importance of the day, but I am not going to waste that day crying. Freddie would have wanted us to raise a glass in his honor and to dance to his music!

Quite right :naughty: raise a glass:shocked:, I think fred would prefer that we drink a bottle of moet whilst mud wrestling with a naked dwarf!!:naughty:

I may not make it this year but I am looking up Holidays and freddie tours in Montreux right now:bleh:, I really want to go, no matter what date, it looks beautiful and I have heard so many good things about it, not least from Freddie:wub2:

I have always wanted to go to the Freddie Mercury Memorial Day in Montreux!!! I have not been able to make it yet... but next year is looking GREAT~ Even if I do not make it in September for that... I really want to go to Montreux!!!! It is one of the most beautiful places on earth... NO WONDER Freddie loved it there so MUCH!!!!! And to think the first time he went there he did not like it all.... it was far too quiet and boring for him. Glad that he eventually found all the beauty there! Now, I have to travel half way around the WORLD just to visit the statue! :biggrin2:

Quite right :naughty: raise a glass:shocked:, I think fred would prefer that we drink a bottle of moet whilst mud wrestling with a naked dwarf!!:naughty:

Of course, that is what he would want!!!!! :blush-anim-cl:

I do that mind you on the 5th of September every year!!!! :roftl:

But, November 24... no matter how I try and not think of it..... OH! It is useless for me! We all have our ways and levels of emotions!!!! Freddie has been SUCH a H-U-G-E part of my life for 25-years so I do not think I will e-v-e-r be able to turn it off!!!! Just comes as natural as the day!

Oh Jess! I remember the first time I ever saw Freddie!!!! I was 5-years-old and my life has never been the same since that day! :shocked:

He was/is the MOST beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes upon! To this very day just the mere sight of him takes my breath away! :wub2:

Live at the Bowl gats me C-R-A-Z-Y and Wembley makes me CRY.... histerically at points!

hey holly ive just sent you a friend request:wink2:

that'll be wonderful:biggrin2: what year is it and where, may I ask did you find it:wink2:

Sorry for taking so long to reply - anyway, its the Hammersmith gig from 1975. They did another one in 1979, but I think the recordings from that show are super rare. As for location, check your PM's. :thumb_yello:

I'm so jealous of all of you, but in a good way:biggrin2:

My friend is having a birthday party on the 24th.... Oh joy.... and I have to be all festive.... And I was going to watch "King and Queen: A tribute to Elvis Presley and Freddie Mercury" on that day, but she had a huffy and now I don't know when I'm going to see it because I have to go to the party!:thumbdown:

But my mum has promised me that I will go! I will walk if I have to:bleh: But this and We Will Rock You are the closest I get to concerts..... sigh.....

there are a lot of us:biggrin2:

Im def going to plan a trip to Montreaux for next year, maybe shoet break without kids or a week or two with them, id like to take them if poss. Im not going to plan it to coincide with fred bday or anything, just whatever works outs best, I will let you know, maybe we can meet uo for the Queen tour:punk:

Hey!! It´s been a long time since I came here for the first (and only) time!! but now I have so much time to post!!

I see some of you have plans for the saturday. I´m going to another place here in argentina, called Rosario, cause a group of fans are going to have a party in a `disco, only for Queeners. So, we (a group of fans, including me!) are going to go there!! theyre going to do some karaoke, dance, etc...It´s gonna be fun!!

I think we have to remember Freddie that way! I know it hurts, I cry every single 24/11, cause he´s so much to me, but I think he want us to remember with a smile on our face!!

I hope to post more!! cause I really like this thread!

Lots of love for you all!!!

FreddieSelecciondefrente.jpg

there are a lot of us:biggrin2:

Im def going to plan a trip to Montreaux for next year, maybe shoet break without kids or a week or two with them, id like to take them if poss. Im not going to plan it to coincide with fred bday or anything, just whatever works outs best, I will let you know, maybe we can meet uo for the Queen tour:punk:

Tell me when you will be in Montreux !! Maybe if I have the time I can go there too on that day :biggrin2:

Enjoy your party night on Saturday Carol. Remember Freddie would not want to see your tears. He'd be revving it up with the best of them.

Why, any excuse for a party dhhhaaaarrrling!!!!

Enjoy in his memory.