Queeniac Club

mandilambi

Hey!! It´s been a long time since I came here for the first (and only) time!! but now I have so much time to post!!

I see some of you have plans for the saturday. I´m going to another place here in argentina, called Rosario, cause a group of fans are going to have a party in a `disco, only for Queeners. So, we (a group of fans, including me!) are going to go there!! theyre going to do some karaoke, dance, etc...It´s gonna be fun!!

I think we have to remember Freddie that way! I know it hurts, I cry every single 24/11, cause he´s so much to me, but I think he want us to remember with a smile on our face!!

I hope to post more!! cause I really like this thread!

Lots of love for you all!!!

FreddieSelecciondefrente.jpg

sounds like a perfect night out:biggrin2:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tell me when you will be in Montreux !! Maybe if I have the time I can go there too on that day :biggrin2:

Great idea, I will and any one is welcome :biggrin2: Have you got any tips about Switzerland, where to go, where to stay, what to do....:bleh:

Just read this on Queenzone!

"We are planing a tour for 2008, which should start not too far from here" this is what Brain told at a Pressconference for We Will Rock You in Vienna on Nov 22nd 2007"

Mandi, HOW EXCITING IS 2008 SO FAR?!

:woot_jump:

Great idea, I will and any one is welcome :biggrin2: Have you got any tips about Switzerland, where to go, where to stay, what to do....:bleh:

Well Montreux is my favourite place in Switzerland :biggrin2: I don't know where else you could go.. maybe zermatt because there is the famous mountain "matterhorn" :wink2:

"We are planing a tour for 2008, which should start not too far from here" this is what Brain told at a Pressconference for We Will Rock You in Vienna on Nov 22nd 2007"

OMG YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS not far away from Vienna?? Switzerland :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Who is 'we'

Is it WWRY or

Is it P rodgers

or...

:blink:

Enjoy your party night on Saturday Carol. Remember Freddie would not want to see your tears. He'd be revving it up with the best of them.

Why, any excuse for a party dhhhaaaarrrling!!!!

Enjoy in his memory.

Thank you so Much Shari!!

and how lucky you are!! a Queen tour!! I hope I can go to Europe next year, to see Mika and Queen (then, I rest in peace!! jajaj!!)!!

Enjoy being Europeans peoplee!!! and live there!!

Jess, it's going to be an AWESOME year! Now No Doubt just needs to add dates and I am ALL set!!!!!

Jengafer, the person that posted about this said he was talking about Queen+Paul Rodgers. There have been lots of hints about this, so hopefully it's just a matter or time!

OMG YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS not far away from Vienna?? Switzerland :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Are you sure he meant Switzerland? Budapest is a 2-hour drive from Vienna and THEY ALL ( I mean all 3 of them, including Paul) LOVE PLAYING IN HUNGARY.:cool:

From Queenzone newsletter:

Sponsor A Star for Freddie

The 24th of November 2007 sees the 16th year since Freddie Mercury’s passing.

Last year as part of the celebrations of what would have been Freddie’s 60th birthday a special website was launched called http://www.loveroflifesingerofsongs.com/. The site contains the ‘Sponsor A Star’ campaign mechanic that allows you to sponsor your own personal star and post a message for Freddie in one of two virtual online constellations. Funds raised from the sponsored stars go to the Mercury Phoenix Trust.

If you have not yet sponsored a star, join not only Queen fans from across the globe, but many of Freddie’s celebrity friends and fans including Annie Lennox, Dave Grohl, Robert De Niro, Diana Ross and Paul Rodgers in helping Fight AIDS Worldwide with the Mercury Phoenix Trust.

Thanks to all who have done so over the past year.

Click here to sponsor a star:

http://stars.loveroflifesingerofsongs.com/

From Queenzone newsletter:

Sponsor A Star for Freddie

The 24th of November 2007 sees the 16th year since Freddie Mercury’s passing.

Last year as part of the celebrations of what would have been Freddie’s 60th birthday a special website was launched called http://www.loveroflifesingerofsongs.com/. The site contains the ‘Sponsor A Star’ campaign mechanic that allows you to sponsor your own personal star and post a message for Freddie in one of two virtual online constellations. Funds raised from the sponsored stars go to the Mercury Phoenix Trust.

If you have not yet sponsored a star, join not only Queen fans from across the globe, but many of Freddie’s celebrity friends and fans including Annie Lennox, Dave Grohl, Robert De Niro, Diana Ross and Paul Rodgers in helping Fight AIDS Worldwide with the Mercury Phoenix Trust.

Thanks to all who have done so over the past year.

Click here to sponsor a star:

http://stars.loveroflifesingerofsongs.com/

I got this too, have you lots sposored one?

Re Paul R

Sadly I am not a PR fan:sneaky2: Been there done that, chatted with Queen fans in the loos whilst Paul was on. I love Rog and Bri but I dont like them being Queen without Fred, just pants for me:naughty:

:roftl: I know and respect that some ppl like him:biggrin2: its just i dont:boxed:

Jess, it's going to be an AWESOME year! Now No Doubt just needs to add dates and I am ALL set!!!!!

Jengafer, the person that posted about this said he was talking about Queen+Paul Rodgers. There have been lots of hints about this, so hopefully it's just a matter or time!

Thanks Mandi

As I said Queen arent Queen without Fred, end of:sneaky2:

Shoudl be Uqeen and PR without Fred is they have to use the name Queen

Or Brian, Rog and Paul...

Please dont bite my head off. I love the guys doing their own thing bu tit not Queen really is it now. When fred did his mr bad guy album he didnt use the name Queen did he:sneaky2:

Dear fellow Queeniacs,

I have just come across some links on Youtube I thought I might share with you.

Here is the background info to them:

You might have heard of Maurice Béjart, a choreographer and ballet director who died last week at the age of 80. His most famous piece towards the end of his life was Le Presbytère (Ballet or Life), a ballet to the music of Queen and Mozart, dedicated to those who had died young, especially from Aids.

It is a synthesis of different arts – music, dance, and fashion performance and was performed for the first time in January 1997 with Gianni Versace creating the costumes for it.

Here are the links - enjoy it:

(No 3 is missing there, I'm sorry..)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoOrYaL5SWw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY9STJoyD4U

Today I found out that the junior rock band at my school is performing 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' at the performance night this Thursday! And they're really good. I hope that they do it well!

I wish I had started playing piano for them at the start of the year when I had a chance to. If I had known that they'd be doing Queen...

I love that song so much. :wub2:

This morning's news from Brian's soapbox::thumb_yello:

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

**Thu 29 Nov 07**

QUEEN AND PAUL RODGERS RIDE AGAIN!

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER A STUDIO SINGLE ...

Well folks ...

We had a frenetic few days ... about last Friday, we made a snap decision that we'd like to offer a track for World AIDS Day - a track which we've been enjoying in the studio ...

Those who saw Queen plus P.R. on tour last year might remember that Roger sang a contemplative little song called "Say It's Not True" in our acoustic set ...

Well, the idea came up to bring this song into the fold, as something Paul, Roger and I could put our collective stamp on .... and, in the atmosphere of 'good chemistry', the song grew rapidly into ... well, a modest Epic, I would say ! We all sing on it, it takes a new direction, and it packs a lot of surprises ...

Our intention is to give the track away completely free for World AIDS Day - which is this weekend - so suddenly we had to pull out all the stops and really complete this recording ...

So that's where I've been, this rainy night, until 6am ... down at Roger's studio, slaving over a hot mixer! I'm very excited about the way it sounds ... pretty adventurous, I think, and it has important things to say ...

So it goes to mastering this morning ... and ... should emerge .... momentarily!! It's BIG!!!

Watch this space! We haven't done this for a very long time ... but somehow the spirit of Queen has been very strong, the last few days ... and Paul has been in magnificent voice, I'm sure you will agree ... As for guitars ... they are not lacking ... I got some sore fingers along the way ... no holds barred .. Well, enough said - the track is perfectly capable of speaking for itself ....

Cheers

Bri