Picture Captions!

Zsina

celebutopianetanetMika05-1.jpg

"Shway, shway!"

Explanation: the hand gesture is a Lebanese (or more generally Arab) hand gesture which means "wait a moment" or "hang on a second" or if done threateningly "just you wait until I'm done, then I'll deal with you...". Often older people do it to younger people but anyone can do it another in a condescending or joking manner. :roftl:

But perhaps the joke is lost in translation. :naughty:

:roftl: i learn something new everday

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Shway, shway!"

Explanation: the hand gesture is a Lebanese (or more generally Arab) hand gesture which means "wait a moment" or "hang on a second" or if done threateningly "just you wait until I'm done, then I'll deal with you...". Often older people do it to younger people but anyone can do it another in a condescending or joking manner. :roftl:

I thought that gesture meant "money" haha

nah, the jedi are the good ones, aren't they? i mean, look at him on this pic, he's evil! :naughty::roftl: look at the resemblance:

..........................................................:darthvader:

1205486948_a6879b2dcb.jpg

:lmao:

I've got a caption for this one...

*Darth Vader voice* Luke... I AM your father.

Anakin Skywalker was a Jedi so I'll stand by it. He wasn't evil, just misunderstood. :wink2:

Of course he was Scut... Well when you look at what happened in the 6th movie he was def misunderstood...

:naughty:In Italy when you shake a little up&down one hand close like that it's a quite rude way to say "what do u want,don't bother!?"

yeah i also know this as an italian gesture... i once heard a really funny joke about it, i just can't remember.

and mika looks really italian in that pic i think, with his stubble and all. :biggrin2:

"Shway, shway!"

oh :blink: lol note to self...Never make this gesture at Mika when asking him for a refund lmao he may wallop me about the ears :roftl:

ps, I love his little Ibiza Rocks plectrum, and I normally arn't up for stubble but he looks so relaxed on this pic I can't help but love it lol.

pps what does shway shway mean, and he has fabulous teeth, I am always drawn to look at his teeth lol.

"Shway, shway!"

ok wow his eyes :mf_lustslow: amazzzing

I thought that gesture meant "money" haha

That's if you rub your thumb against the inside of your other fingers in that position. The gesture I meant is when you keep your fingers together and still but flick your wrist. :thumb_yello:

In Italy when you shake a little up&down one hand close like that it's a quite rude way to say "what do u want,don't bother!?"

I forgot that it's Italian, too. Maybe it's a Mediterranean thing in general. :roftl:

oh lol note to self...Never make this gesture at Mika when asking him for a refund lmao he may wallop me about the ears

pps what does shway shway mean

Walloping you about the ears is another stereotypical Arab mother thing to do. Or Jewish or Italian for that matter. :naughty:

Very loosely translated from Arabic to English "shway" means "a little" or "small" and "shway shway" means "slowly" or "slow down" but when coupled with the hand gesture it means more "wait a (bloody) second...". ;)