Mika announces art exhibition

dcdeb

Mika's art will be displayed in a new exhibition

Mika will display a major exhibition of the art created around the release of his No 1 debut album, Life In Cartoon Motion, it's been announced.

The show at Blink Gallery in London, from July 11 - 14, will include original paintings, sketches and drawings that went into the Lebanon-born pop star's artwork as well as other pieces he's created over the years.

"I created a world for my music to exist within and we wanted to allow people to immerse themselves in this via this exhibition," the singer says.

"It is important to create an exciting environment. I want it to feel like you are walking into the 'world of Mika'. Colourful, psychedelic and irreverent, not serious and stuffy like a boring gallery."

The show will be co-curated by Mika and Mika's artist sister Da Wack - who painstakingly hand paints all his designs - and the company Airside, who help turn Mika's art into sleeve designs.

http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/news/?news_id=12856

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess i could go... It's only 3 days before Sommerset House... And i'm going to Sommerset House ! :biggrin2:

really? you lucky! well, i think i'm going on saturday: not sure if i should go back home the same day or stay a night in london and back on sunday...have to look at the prices and think about it

if you're planning to go on saturday we could meet!

really? you lucky! well, i think i'm going on saturday: not sure if i should go back home the same day or stay a night in london and back on sunday...have to look at the prices and think about it

if you're planning to go on saturday we could meet!

Don't know yet... I could go on friday or saturday... And stay in London until July 18th...

But i don't know... I have to see the price first... Wouldn't to pay too much to see what's on the album cover :naughty::biggrin2:

Sou you were supposed to be at school!!:biggrin2:

I just got back from uni! I left 30mins early from class, I couldn't cope with my professor droning on and on about conjunctive complex thingiemabobs! Aren't you supposed to be at work, Paula? :bleh: lol

But seriously though...anybody care to "stage" a kidnapping and kinda take me to the UK?! This is just freaking unfair, it's one thing to miss out on a gig, but to miss out on his and Yasmine's very own art exhibition?!! Why God, WHY?!!!! :crybaby:

I just got back from uni! I left 30mins early from class, I couldn't cope with my professor droning on and on about conjunctive complex thingiemabobs! Aren't you supposed to be at work, Paula? :bleh: lol

But seriously though...anybody care to "stage" a kidnapping and kinda take me to the UK?! This is just freaking unfair, it's one thing to miss out on a gig, but to miss out on his and Yasmine's very own art exhibition?!! Why God, WHY?!!!! :crybaby:

Still have 30 mins left:bleh: had to go to do some shopping-I can kidnap you.Just get on the plane!:D

I am afraid I will miss it too...I need to figure something out-think,think!!

Oh, Sou, I so feel for you!!!! I know how much you want to meet him!!!

Soon I'll be miles away from London too and I'll never see him again in my life!!!!

Still have 30 mins left:bleh: had to go to do some shopping-I can kidnap you.Just get on the plane!:D

I am afraid I will miss it too...I need to figure something out-think,think!!

Get on a plane...well here's the deal, I don't exactly have enough money for a plan, hence the abduction plan, lol

When's the last day of your holiday? The 12th? Even if it isn't...you've got to do ANYTHING in your power to go, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING! I mean when's Mika and his sister going to have an art exhibition?! *sigh*

awwww... I cannot go in july in the uk. can someone who goes pls pls pls grab a catalogue or postcard or poster or whatever for me?? I'll pay expenses of course. pls pls pls...

*puppy eyes* :tears:

Oh, Sou, I so feel for you!!!! I know how much you want to meet him!!!

Soon I'll be miles away from London too and I'll never see him again in my life!!!!

No, no, no! Don't say that!!! I mean, there's hope for you to travel around Europe to see him and maybe, MAYBE he'll perform in the Ukraine!! :)

I guess i could go... It's only 3 days before Sommerset House... And i'm going to Sommerset House ! :biggrin2:

Ah just what I thought :mf_rosetinted: With a bit of planning this could work :mf_rosetinted:

And planning is your speciality !! :naughty::roftl::thumb_yello::mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: euhm well...if I had planned to far ahead on this one and bought plane tickets already then I wouldn't be able to change it now, so it's good to be a bit lost sometimes :naughty::mf_rosetinted: