MFC MOTHERS' CLUB: Mothers who love MIKA

Blue Sky

So, some of us on this forum have seen a few more moons than the rest, and in fact have to squeeeeze in our computer time around KIDS' DINNERS, or KIDS' PICKUPS & DROP OFFS, and KIDS' PERFORMANCES and SPORTS MATCHES etc, or worse still, around our KIDS' COMPUTER TIME.

Some of us have been known to stay up WAY AFTER our KIDS have gone to bed just to get our daily fix of MIKA & MFC. Sometimes we pretend we are doing serious computer work when secretly we have the MFC page open underneath...:fisch:

Some of us have been asked by friends, families, neighbours and people at work "Aren't you too old for this???" Perhaps we've been told to "act your age " or told to be a responsible parent.:bleh: We get comments on our sanity, our supposed "midlife crises", and maybe even looks of shock and horror when we mention WE LOVE MIKA and WE LOVE MFC. "But you're old enough to be HIS MOTHER!!!" they say.:shocked:

If you are a mother (any age), and the above sounds like you, come and let your hair down on MFC MOTHERS' CLUB. And I will give us all a number...of course it would be good to have Mika's mum, Mrs. Penniman as No. 1:flowers2: but because she doesn't appear to be joining the forums anytime soon, I guess I will have to start!

Post below and tell us

a) where you are in the world and

b) how many kids you have (ages optional)

c) (optional) any hints you have for successfully combining motherhood and MFC!!!

Then I will add you to our list. And let's have some fun being

:partytime2: MFC MOTHERS' CLUB: MOTHERS WHO LOVE MIKA!!:woot_jump:

MEMBERS:

Blue Sky MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #1

jengafer MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #2

Tia MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #3

carrienevie MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #4

happikali MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #5

hoochatootch MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #6

girlintheblue MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #7

mebigsomeisbeautiful MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #8

vuyk @telkomsa.net MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #9

sasje MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #10

Avoca MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #11

Mouselle MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #12

Wendi MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #13

Big Girl MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #14

looby1173 MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #15

Gatagordinha MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #16

mgpm MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #17

natie MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #18

mikamaniac MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #19

cherie MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #20

crina MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #21

cathij0269 MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #22

mika mad MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #23

carlasue MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #24

sparkly1 MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #25

cloud MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #26

A Gagged Jade Goody MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #27

Titty MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #28

akim MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #29

Stormy Weather MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #30

canuckchick MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #31

sara MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #32

robertina MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #33

Betty Boo MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #34

Jolene MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #35

lilmot MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #36

Ela MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #37

Nejma MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #38

Suzy MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #39

waltzing matilda MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #40

mom4unicrn MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #41

seren MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #42

pam MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #43

NYMommyof3 MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #44

HollyD MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #45

AnnaMariaPetra MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #46

Ricki MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #47

Sweet knees MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #48

mommylovesmika MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #49

candboys MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #50

chickadee MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #51

seren MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #52

FRENCHCATHY25 MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #53

vickylovesmika MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #54

mamsie MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #55

clelia MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #56

dragana MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #57

kruemelfan MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #58

Mom4Mika MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #59

miek MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #60

nadou MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #61

danni/jules MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #62

shoni MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #63

acyaws MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #64

patricia4u MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #65

kim MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #66

stefanie MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #67

coolrose MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #68

Janena MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #69

Helli MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #70

Sandrine MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #71

crazyaboutmika MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #72

willywonka MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #73

mine MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #74

milica01 MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #75

mireille geha MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #76

Axie Dentelle MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #77

Kata MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #78

Graciosa MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #79

suci07 MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #80

SharonSSS MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #81

Dreamy Queen MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #82

bkxx MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #83

Jojotje MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #84

Sweetieval MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #85

francoise MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #86

cathouzouf MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #87

Shine MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #88

Treasa MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #89

Siu MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #90

sveta-svetlaja MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #91

LelagMFC MOTHERS' CLUB #92

Cassilda MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #93

evelyne71 MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #94

basicamenteyoMFC MOTHERS' CLUB #95

Edited by Blue Sky

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will post first.

I am in Tokyo Japan (but I am an Aussie)

I have 3 kids, ages 12, 9 and 7.

I live on about 4 or 5 hours sleep every night because I stay up late doing MFC and youtube!

Let's have some fun on MFC MOTHERS' CLUB!! Come and say HI!!

EDIT: Today is May 10, 2009, MOTHERS' DAY, almost exactly 2 years later. My kids are obviously 2 years older than in this post. And so am I. But my Mika addiction goes on! :fangurl:

EDIT: Now we are in June 2011, how time flies!! My kids are 16, 14 and 11!!

Edited by Blue Sky

I live in Wales....

Have 1 beautiful little girl who is 7

And i agree with jen, u have to mold them into little mika fans!!:thumb_yello:

good tip is to save them the lollipops from the gigs:sneaky2: then they will get addicted to them at least and want you to keep going back to get more:biggrin2: also make sure they clean there teeth:blink:

HI - its Carri here

39 - 40 in Oct - oH my god

recovering from Brighton last night\

\2 kids

evie 12 and theo 8

both mikamaniacs - hubby a bit confused really!

Am a townplanner, aerobics instructor and mum

So, some of us on this forum have seen a few more moons than the rest, and in fact have to squeeeeze in our computer time around KIDS' DINNERS, or KIDS' PICKUPS & DROP OFFS, and KIDS' PERFORMANCES and SPORTS MATCHES etc, or worse still, around our KIDS' COMPUTER TIME.

Some of us have been known to stay up WAY AFTER our KIDS have gone to bed just to get our daily fix of MIKA & MFC. Sometimes we pretend we are doing serious computer work when secretly we have the MFC page open underneath...

Some of us have been asked by friends, families, neighbours and people at work "Aren't you too old for this???" Perhaps we've been told to "act your age " or told to be a responsible parent. We get comments on our sanity, our supposed "midlife crises", and maybe even looks of shock and horror when we mention WE LOVE MIKA and WE LOVE MFC. "But you're old enough to be HIS MOTHER!!!" they say.

If you are a mother (any age), and the above sounds like you, come and let your hair down on MFC MOTHERS' CLUB. And I will give us all a number...of course it would be good to have Mika's mum, Mrs. Penniman as No. 1:flowers2: but because she doesn't appear to be joining the forums anytime soon, I guess I will have to start!

Post below and tell us

a) where you are in the world and

b) how many kids you have (ages optional)

c) (optional) any hints you have for successfully combining motherhood and MFC!!!

Then I will add you to our list. And let's have some fun being

MFC MOTHERS' CLUB: MOTHERS WHO LOVE MIKA!!:woot_jump:

MEMBERS:

Blue Sky MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #1

HEY BLUE SKY ! GREAT IDEA !!:thumb_yello:

OK ! I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA

I HAVE ONE DAUGHTER WHO IS 23 IN JULY

Well, initially when my daughter realised that I liked Mika , she went straight onto her myspace & asked to be his friend ... for me !!!!!('tho she didn't say that to him ) ... then ... time passes ... & she starts to look at me curiously (like I'm weird & behaving like an OTT teenager) & is concerned that i may be becoming obsessed ??!!!:blush-anim-cl: Well, then the only 'other' computer in the house broke down & we all had to share :shocked::boxed:

so, for the last couple of weeks we have been 'swapping' between her myspace & my MFC !!!! She still looks at me strangely :roftl: & yet has come to accept that her myspace is equal to my MFC addiction !!! That is the saga so far !!!!!!

I am glad to see we are off to a good start! Thanks!

jengafer MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #2

Tia MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #3

carrienevie MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #4

happikali MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #5

Yeah my 3 are all little MIKA fans. They come into the computer and see Mika's face looking out from the top of MFC and say "WE want to listen to MIKA too!!!"

Have you ever written your occupation as "mother" on one of those landing cards on the plane on holidays. I do it every time, and they always cross it out and ask if I am a housewife. I say NO I am a mother, there's a BIG difference.

I think then they must write "nutcase":naughty: but they wave me through.

i am in virginia beach, virginia

3 kids - 20, 13, and 9 (only the youngest 2 @ home!)

as far as dealing with my mika and family??

totally agree with jengafer...

get them addicted as well!!:naughty:

well, my husband is deployed on a ship in the navy -

so i have been lucky enough to deal only with the kids!

but my son(13) is convinced that i am cheating on his dad :roftl:

and my daughter(9) loves mika too -

and it has become quite the bonding experience!

she is going with me to see him in june!

Happikali that is so funny:roftl: My dh can't get over my addiction, looks at me very strange...but I feel like a naughty kid when they all come in and I get sprung bad on MFC again!:naughty:

Hoochatootch MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #6 Hi there, how great to go together to the concert!!

Happikali that is so funny:roftl: My dh can't get over my addiction, looks at me very strange...but I feel like a naughty kid when they all come in and I get sprung bad on MFC again!:naughty:

Hoochatootch MFC MOTHERS' CLUB #6 Hi there, how great to go together to the concert!!

as some of you may know ... if you have been watching the OZ thread ... I have been promoting that Mika & his entourage should come & play on my 'VERANDAH' !!!:roftl: HOWEVER ... on mentioning this today with my daughter in conversation ... she said " yeh right mum ... we are soooo not going to have the entire entourage stay here " ... so i said "why not darling ? I'd really like to learn some Lebanese cooking from Mika's mum !" Then she said " well then, she can sleep in your room !" I said "Fine ' we may have to negotiate the bedroom arrangements tho' " .!!! It was all a joke ... but I bet if she told me INCUBUS OR TENACIOUS D were coming to stay here ... the tables would def. be turned !!!!!!:biggrin2:

Can I join? I live in Fife and have two boys, 8 and 6. Am ONLY 38!!!!

This looks like a good place to hang out. Also have a confused husband! My kids love Mika and I was thinking that we have the CD in the car, the album on the computer in the kitchen/dining room, the Maida Vale session on mini disc in the living room and both boys have the downloaded cds in their bedrooms. No escape for poor husband!!

Also, guys, for the over 30 mums, remember we have a very lively and friendly oldlings thread. A must for your Friday nights after the little ones are in bed!! :biggrin2:

HEY GIRLS .. I'M GONNA DO A LITTLE FLAG WAVING NOW !!!

i just passed my 1,000 post & celebrated it in the OZ thread ... but no-one was there so ....... :woot_jump::insane::partytime2:

:woot_jump:

congrats happikali!!!!

and im starting to wonder if the higher up we go in posts the crazier we get???:roftl: :roftl:

:woot_jump:

congrats happikali!!!!

and im starting to wonder if the higher up we go in posts the crazier we get???:roftl: :roftl:

Thank you tootch !!! And I'm certain the higher the altitude .......:roftl:

Didja get my message earlier re; your myspace ??!!

Heya Happikali

You are up late as usual, it is 2am in your part of the world, but YAAAAAY!!! for 1000 posts. I don't imagine I will ever get there!!

And welcome to girlinblue #7 and mebigsomeisbeautiful #8

And in Tokyo now it is 1am so excuse me for hitting the hay, and I will check back tomorrow. The kids have Japanese taiko drumming in the a.m. (being Sunday) and I have WORK in the afternoon....time to behave like a grown-up!!:wink2:

G'night y'all.

I suppose it must be quite strange for the husbands. I don't know how I would feel if it was the other way round and my husband was like this over some other woman - no matter how unattainable!

Also, the fact that the kids love mika too is just another nail in the coffin of sanity in this house!!

Just as I am heading off I saw your post girlinblue (what is it with us and blue, eh?)

My husband is trying to help me win tickets to the MTV awards here in 2 weeks...he doesn't really appreciate the depth of my desperation on this one, but he is actually being relatively tolerant so far! This whole thing of not being able to buy tickets is sending me off the deep end. Sanity is disappearing! You can only win them, and I have entered like 200 times!!

Now I am really going to bed, sorry!!

Guest vuyk@telkomsa.net

I am Nel

Live in Newcastle - South Africa

2 kids - 1 is 23 years old (few months younger than Mika) and the other one is 16. And I am almost 50!

My youngest one calls me positively (Mika) mad and my husband has no clue what the fuss is all about.

When I made my best friend Mika-mad (see the South African thread) (she has a daughter of 20) her husband started to make all kinds of remarks about this Mika 'crush'. So I told him that if they think they are the only ones who can use their eyes they are wrong. The reply was a mumble and something like menopause............ How easy to always blame our hormones for everything.

Lucky me is, however, always at home. I clean the house, do the garden (3600 m2), take care of our 8 rescued dogs and 2 cats and the parrot, I do the bookkeeping for our own business, and take care of our 1 remaining son at home. And if needed I am the taxi, the cook, the nurse etc etc etc. I think we know the drill.

But when my husband and son leave in the morning for work and school I take my Mika time (about 1 hour). And if I have time during the day/night I also do some Mika time.

Is it really so bad that we women also want something for ourselves?

Think this is enough.

Nel

Which place am I?