The KIWI Thread

RosinaKiwi

:blink:

I started posting something with some really cool idea, then I forgot it! so the post had no real point really! except for the fact I saw that "hope" thing at the bus termanal in wellington and thought of mika! yep I know, Random :roftl:

Awesom!

Well I was talking to my (Syrian) father last night and I decided that I'm going to ask my cousin who goes to an all boys school in oz with the majority of the students being Lebanise (!!!!!!!!!!) if he can set me up.

My dad's not happy because he doesn't like Lebs...

Man I hate when people judge by race, religion and what not...

It's so pointless (No pun intended O :D)

Awesom!

Well I was talking to my (Syrian) father last night and I decided that I'm going to ask my cousin who goes to an all boys school in oz with the majority of the students being Lebanise (!!!!!!!!!!) if he can set me up.

My dad's not happy because he doesn't like Lebs...

Man I hate when people judge by race, religion and what not...

It's so pointless (No pun intended O :D)

meh thats like my father who is the biggest homophobe in the real sense of the word! (phobic meaning fear)

my friend refuses to listen to mika music because she is a Muslim from Kuwait, and she has some problem with lebs.... but then again she has a problem with me if I so much as raise the religon im interested in, while in her presence

meh thats like my father who is the biggest homophobe in the real sense of the word! (phobic meaning fear)

my friend refuses to listen to mika music because she is a Muslim from Kuwait, and she has some problem with lebs.... but then again she has a problem with me if I so much as raise the religon im interested in, while in her presence

It just seems so pointless though!

I prey that it's just a computer error!

Imagine your Mika tickets surounded by white light and picture NEW ZEALAND on them people!

nope no computer error here it seems:

it says:

"MIKA withdraws from V Festival 2008

Mika has advised V Festival Australia that he will unfortunately be unable to perform at the V Festival in Australia due to conflicts that have recently arisen with the production schedule for the recording of his follow-up album.

In an effort to create the best album possible for fans, Mika will need additional time to record in London.

He extends many apologies to anyone who has purchased tickets for the inconvenience and disappointment this cancellation may cause."

it’s unlikely his cancellation will have too many people crying into their Weetbix. We hope so, anyway![/Quote]

this "new album" better be damn amazing

ok guys

So Im thinking since he canceled aus hes not coming here

we will have to do what we do best and wait,

BUT

how about arranging a meet up around the time he was ment to be coming to this end of the equator (not dates since we didnt even get that far before we canceled)

around march/April

What do you guys think?

who what when why and how?

ok guys

So Im thinking since he canceled aus hes not coming here

we will have to do what we do best and wait,

BUT

how about arranging a meet up around the time he was ment to be coming to this end of the equator (not dates since we didnt even get that far before we canceled)

around march/April

What do you guys think?

who what when why and how?

I don't think I can be in unless I happen to be where you guys are which is highly unlikely :(

But it's a wonderful idea, you could Mikafy whatever city you're in and no one can bother you because you're in a group so you can be like everyone in the BG vid and everyone looks at you like =O but scretly they really want to join :P

I don't think I can be in unless I happen to be where you guys are which is highly unlikely :(

But it's a wonderful idea, you could Mikafy whatever city you're in and no one can bother you because you're in a group so you can be like everyone in the BG vid and everyone looks at you like =O but scretly they really want to join :P

Dont give up that easily!

It all depends on how we plan this, I mean, as far as I know, many of us are in the lower north island, apart from a few in auckland and CHCH, (please correct me if im wrong). maybe we can agree on something!

some will have to travel but we can sort something out!

It would be so cool all of us singing mika songs very loudly and people being all WTF?!?!

EDIT: There are 8 of us mikaferns in NZ (not including honorary Mikaferns)

about 4 of us are from the lower/centeral north island,

as far as I know 2 are from auckland

and Teal is from chch

there is one other mika fern but I dont know where she is from.

perhaps if we could plan a place that some can travel to! I know some of you aucklanders told me you would come to wellington if mika came there, perhaps you are willing to travel anyway. to meet fellow mikaferns???

On my dads suggestion, some (especially younglings) may not be able to come on parental consent, because you may be traveling alone, and or meeting complete strangers you met on the internet, there for parents/caregivers/siblings/safety people Welcome. as long as they don't mind us being completely insane and singing mika songs!

the good points are:

We know each other when mika actually comes

We get to see a few of the Mikaferns before they leave our beautiful country

We would go all crazy and have such fun, sining mika songs and in my case badly!

WE have a blast even though mika canceled!

Dont give up that easily!

It all depends on how we plan this, I mean, as far as I know, many of us are in the lower north island, apart from a few in auckland and CHCH, (please correct me if im wrong). maybe we can agree on something!

some will have to travel but we can sort something out!

It would be so cool all of us singing mika songs very loudly and people being all WTF?!?!

EDIT: There are 8 of us mikaferns in NZ (not including honorary Mikaferns)

about 4 of us are from the lower/centeral north island,

as far as I know 2 are from auckland

and Teal is from chch

there is one other mika fern but I dont know where she is from.

perhaps if we could plan a place that some can travel to! I know some of you aucklanders told me you would come to wellington if mika came there, perhaps you are willing to travel anyway. to meet fellow mikaferns???

On my dads suggestion, some (especially younglings) may not be able to come on parental consent, because you may be traveling alone, and or meeting complete strangers you met on the internet, there for parents/caregivers/siblings/safety people Welcome. as long as they don't mind us being completely insane and singing mika songs!

the good points are:

We know each other when mika actually comes

We get to see a few of the Mikaferns before they leave our beautiful country

We would go all crazy and have such fun, sining mika songs and in my case badly!

WE have a blast even though mika canceled!

Ok, I'm willing if I can go, I am one of the younger ones :P

It would be SO much fun!

Which Kiwi are you talking about?

Because if you're talking about FatbottomedgirlNZ then she lives just down the road from me.

We can go together :)

Who's in?

Ok, I'm willing if I can go, I am one of the younger ones :P

It would be SO much fun!

Which Kiwi are you talking about?

Because if you're talking about FatbottomedgirlNZ then she lives just down the road from me.

We can go together :)

Who's in?

im in of course!

there are actually a few people I dont know about like user MnM124,

Wow i didnt know Fatbottomedgirl lived down the road from you! thats so cool!

Teal hasn't come on mfc for a while, but I talk to him on msn so ill ask him!

Its just a matter of really who would go, then we start talking about where and when and how one is getting there!

ill look into transport when im in auckland and report back here when I return on the 6th of jan! wow its going to be 2008 a leap year!

have any of you read what gemma from NZgirl has to say about mika? this is old so probably have but she says

"Is it sad that I’m totally obsessed with the song ‘Grace Kelly’ by Mika? His album, Life in Cartoon Motion, arrived in the office last Friday (yay, I no longer have to channel surf constantly to find a station playing it!), which was the perfect day to crank it over and over. While I haven’t really found a second favourite track on the album yet, I think it will be a while before I get sick of ‘Grace Kelly’. It’s definitely my happy song and I can’t help but dance like an idiot every time it comes on. I’ve even gone as far as setting it as my ringtone. I’m so glad I can now embrace my geeky side without shame!"

im in of course!

there are actually a few people I dont know about like user MnM124,

Wow i didnt know Fatbottomedgirl lived down the road from you! thats so cool!

Teal hasn't come on mfc for a while, but I talk to him on msn so ill ask him!

Its just a matter of really who would go, then we start talking about where and when and how one is getting there!

ill look into transport when im in auckland and report back here when I return on the 6th of jan! wow its going to be 2008 a leap year!

have any of you read what gemma from NZgirl has to say about mika? this is old so probably have but she says

"Is it sad that I’m totally obsessed with the song ‘Grace Kelly’ by Mika? His album, Life in Cartoon Motion, arrived in the office last Friday (yay, I no longer have to channel surf constantly to find a station playing it!), which was the perfect day to crank it over and over. While I haven’t really found a second favourite track on the album yet, I think it will be a while before I get sick of ‘Grace Kelly’. It’s definitely my happy song and I can’t help but dance like an idiot every time it comes on. I’ve even gone as far as setting it as my ringtone. I’m so glad I can now embrace my geeky side without shame!"

Haha, lol, that's brilliant!

Ok, kind of an off topic question here but: Who do you like more? Trelesse Cooper or Karen Walker?

I like TC ;)

I orderd mine through the cd and dvd store.

What is TC?

I got mine through Elina, I really love it!

tc was to answer the question you asked, a few posts back:

Ok, kind of an off topic question here but: Who do you like more? Trelesse Cooper or Karen Walker?

T.C. = Trelise Cooper

my mum brought this for her cat NEKO

celebrity-bowls-trelise.jpg

"limited edition cat bowl and help Fancy Feast support New Zealand cat charities through the crucial summer season. These stunning bowls have been designed by three of New Zealand's foremost fashion designers"