The KIWI Thread

RosinaKiwi

Thanks for that Sivan, thats so cute, and if i remember it was feitured on the news a while ago!

whats funny it looks alot like the soft toy kiwi i gave mika!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ok people someone just gave me a great idea! someone on here told me and i looked into this and in theory this should work

Lolliepop_girl you maybe could help by trying to get ZM to help support mika to come to new zealand

then apparently, we can go to our local venue and ask them to help get mika to do a show at their venue! And they arrange bookings with promoters/venues.

I was wondering, where all our new zealand mikaferns lived in new zealand, north island or south, because Im going to wellington next week and can talk to the people at the caketin about it! I was thinking the caketin because people from south island may not be able to make it to auckland, where usually the gigs are! anyway, what does everyone think of this idea ,and if we all pull together we may pull it off!!

Imagine this, MIKA IN NEW ZEALAND!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!

Hey, I just saw this post.

I live in Paraparaumu (An hour north of Wellington) and I would be more than happy to ask the nightcrew to help out.

I would love for Mika to do Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch but I think it would be better for him to spend about three days here and do one or two conserts in one place so that he has time to get out and see our country and relax a bit as well.

Actually, which station would be better, ZM or THE EDGE?

Where do you guys think he should go???

Hello peeps! :biggrin2:

I'm moving to NZ in less than a month to work as an au pair in a family in Auckland. I'll be staying for almost a year. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi and introduce myself. *waves* :D

I haven't been able to see Mika live yet (he cancelled the festival I was going to) and he better get his butt over to NZ..! :sneaky2::bleh:

Hi *waves back*

Hey ill make you Kiwi Fern #11

Wow auckland, thats on the same island as a few of us, right at the top though, most of us live down the other end of the north island!

so what part of auckland do you know?!?!

hell yea he better come here, do you know how much we small people of new zealand wait usually for someone like mika to remember we are here?!?! :wink2:

Hey, I just saw this post.

I live in Paraparaumu (An hour north of Wellington) and I would be more than happy to ask the nightcrew to help out.

I would love for Mika to do Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch but I think it would be better for him to spend about three days here and do one or two conserts in one place so that he has time to get out and see our country and relax a bit as well.

Actually, which station would be better, ZM or THE EDGE?

Where do you guys think he should go???

err ither of those radio stations, I think the edge though becasuse palmerston northians still listen to that or More FM (used to be 2XS)

but yea, the reason I said wellington was that the caketin is right outside where the train and feiry comes in, and most of the mfc fans indeed come from lower north top of the south island, but yea, the whole one in auckland wellington chch is a good thing.

he would want time to look arround new zealand, a bit more than he was aloud in japan anyway, and If he does do 3 in new zealand, I would travel to all 3! traveling to all 3 of the ones within this country is nothing compared to the cost of going to australia to see him, yep KIWIFERNS ROAD TRIP sounds good :)!!

as long as he doesnt do what fall out boy has done and come here only to do auckland both times! I mean there is a whole other island and a half to think about with new zealand

so yea, um it all depends really, would people from top north, lower south be able to travel to wellington or would that be too far, would be cool to meet up with ALL the MFC kiwiferns if this works out! all at the same place!

My mind keeps jumping to wellington, thats the easiest place for me to get to on such a tight budget! I would even come dressed up on the workers train to wellington! hows that for a deal!!

ok so this post was really thinking out loud, what I want to know from the other mika ferns is If he had 2 in just wellington, would you all be able to make it?!? or where would you want a show if he did come?!?!

My vote is on wellington, but I also want everyone to be able to go to a show! its mika after all!

sorry for the double post, Im thinking of emailing the edge morning mad house, get their advice and I hope dom doesnt laugh at me

so here is my email, I want to know should I send it or junk it?

"HI guys

Dont laugh at me please,

I belong to the unofficial mika fan club

http://www.mikafanclub.com

we have a group of us here at the fan club called the MIKAFerns (mika fans from new zealand!)

anyway, everyday we get new storys of mika going to peoples countries and them meeting him, and giving him gifts, getting autographs etc.

He recently went on a so called

"wherlwind world tour" which didnt include New Zealand but included Australia :(

So as most of us cant travel out of the country to see him our group is taking it upon ourselves to get mika to come to New Zealand, Regardless of any embarrasment it may cause on the way

The thing is, Mika has this carnival theme to his gigs and many of his fans go dressed up, I am even willing to go on the workers train, dressed as a full fury animal!

humiliation is nothing, I have no shame, when people from france can travel to a london gig, through the chunnle dressed as little bow peep and swans etc, then I can too!!

WHY am I telling you this? well we have a few problems, one being that mika seems to have no clue that new zealand has as many fans as there are here!

second of all in our bid to try and get mika to come over here, we may need your help, who do we contact to ask this?

and three is there any information you could give us mare fans to help us get our artist to New Zealand!

From The MIKAfern #1"

I was thinking though, that I should be WE and I could email it on behalf of all of us MIKAferns

its up to you people please get back to me

Hi *waves back*

Hey ill make you Kiwi Fern #11

Wow auckland, thats on the same island as a few of us, right at the top though, most of us live down the other end of the north island!

so what part of auckland do you know?!?!

hell yea he better come here, do you know how much we small people of new zealand wait usually for someone like mika to remember we are here?!?!

Hi :D

haha oki :P

uhm.. I'm sorry but I don't think I quite get what you mean o_O I know no part of Auckland..? :blink::bleh:

Oh don't say that! You're killing my hope here :roftl: Damn.. I feel so cursed :roftl:

You prob know this already. But I've been told by an Australian that Mika promised (at the gig he did there) to come back and do a proper tour this summer. :biggrin2:

If that happens, he can't skip NZ then too, can he..? o_O Well, he better not :sneaky2: ^^

Hi :D

haha oki :P

uhm.. I'm sorry but I don't think I quite get what you mean o_O I know no part of Auckland..? :blink::bleh:

Oh don't say that! You're killing my hope here :roftl: Damn.. I feel so cursed :roftl:

You prob know this already. But I've been told by an Australian that Mika promised (at the gig he did there) to come back and do a proper tour this summer. :biggrin2:

If that happens, he can't skip NZ then too, can he..? o_O Well, he better not :sneaky2: ^^

you said you were going to Auckland to stay with a family and au pair for a year, do you know what part of Auckland? dont worry, I think your reply answers my question though lol

Well he missed out new zealand last time he came to australia, I really hope he doesnt this time and were working on getting him to come here

you said you were going to Auckland to stay with a family and au pair for a year, do you know what part of Auckland? dont worry, I think your reply answers my question though lol

Well he missed out new zealand last time he came to australia, I really hope he doesnt this time and were working on getting him to come here

Ah, now I get it. :roftl::biggrin2: Auckland City I think you call it? :blink: Anyway, I'm going to stay in the city Auckland. :bleh: (I keep forgetting that it is also the name of that part of the country ^^)

Yeah, I really hope he comes too..! Damn him if he goes to Austarlia once again and doesn't go there.. :boxed:

• 3 weeks later...

WELCOME to New Zealand!

Now next thing for this thread is to nominate a New Member Support For new Kiwi's who join, I volinteer. but if someone else wants to do it, then thats fine ill step aside?!?

You decide, Who should be the New Zealand New Member Support?

WELCOME to New Zealand!

Now next thing for this thread is to nominate a New Member Support For new Kiwi's who join, I volinteer. but if someone else wants to do it, then thats fine ill step aside?!?

You decide, Who should be the New Zealand New Member Support?

I fully nominate you Rosinakiwi, you're cool!

• 1 month later...

OMFG!!I almost cant believe it!

MIKA IS COMING TO NEW ZEALAND!!

Mika was on BBC Radio 2 at 2:55pm local time, and he told the interviewer that he's going to be playing the following places after the UK tour:

* China

* United States

* Japan

* Korea (possibly)

* New Zealand

* Australia

[/Quote]

(local time is canadia time I am guessing!)

read here

Now, we sit and wait for dates!

:woot_jump::yay::band::groupwave:

OMFG!!I almost cant believe it!

MIKA IS COMING TO NEW ZEALAND!!

(local time is canadia time I am guessing!)

read here

Now, we sit and wait for dates!

:woot_jump::yay::band::groupwave:

since I am half a kiwi....I want to part of this thread too

yes NZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

AND CANADA TOO,DUE TO OVERSITE AND TYPO---AHEMM

OMFG OMFGOMFG...

Im so exited and going down on sleepingpi lls and I'm off nnow so esee you but yay tha's so cool, i'll go and see him and hopefuly meet osme of you!!!

see ya

xx

I for one am planning on going to it/them, and if there is more than one Ill make an effort to go to all of them,! I cant wait, and the possibility to meet some awsome Mikaferns there as well as our mika, this is going to be soo cool.

It's a great day for New Zealand. :mf_rosetinted:

Am super-excited!!! :yay:

:biggrin2:

I regret to inform you guys that Mika isn't coming. Apparently something came up, and well, I have to post him to Pennysilvinia again after Aus. Sorry :mf_rosetinted:

(just kidding, I'm happy for you)

anyone live near the Hibiscus Coast near Auckland or Dunedin or Hamilton??

yeah I do,, it's about 5000 km away :naughty:

How are ya Suzanne!!?!!??

I regret to inform you guys that Mika isn't coming. Apparently something came up, and well, I have to post him to Pennysilvinia again after Aus. Sorry :mf_rosetinted:

you're nasty!!!!!!!!

oh i see your secret text now.. :bleh:

you're nasty!!!!!!!!

oh i see your secret text now.. :bleh:

What secret text :fisch:

Mika really won't be coming. I have to forge a signature and right return to sender and ship him back to the US to avoid postage costs. Do you know how much it costs to ship a body in a wooden box?

Actually with my postage skills, he'll probably end up in NZ anyway. Hope you guys have fun

as I was saying...if he is to come to Australia and NZ, he needs to stop of in a particular city on the way...see below photo:

my troops are hiding near there : this picture says it all I am afraid. He must come to Vancouver ...no questions asked...ahemmmmm

international_route_2007.jpg

I read your lil convo :naughty: And apparantely he's coming to Australia TWICE!! :shocked::roftl:

I say it was a typo or that she somehow got Oz and Kiwi land mixed up. :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks! I'm happy for you as well!! :wink2:

as I was saying...if he is to come to Australia and NZ, he needs to stop of in a particular city on the way...see below photo:

my troops are hiding near there : this picture says it all I am afraid. He must come to Vancouver ...no questions asked...ahemmmmm

international_route_2007.jpg

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

pretty damn brilliant though..! :lmfao:

I read your lil convo :naughty: And apparantely he's coming to Australia TWICE!! :shocked::roftl:

I say it was a typo or that she somehow got Oz and Kiwi land mixed up. :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks! I'm happy for you as well!! :wink2:

No, no GITR and I worked it out. If Japan got 3 weeks then Aus needed more time. So we got five more days (no typo since I'm sending him back to her :wink2:)