• Great Personality

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both.

This is why I'm single. :mf_rosetinted:

I think it's BS that you should have to choose though, or that caring about looks is "shallow." Caring about any ONE aspect to the exclusion of all else is shallow, but I think it is highly important to be physically attracted to your partner. Especially since people's perceptions of what is "attractive" differ so much--I think each person deserves to be with someone who not only finds them fascinating, but also thinks they are damn sexy.

--Jack

P.S. It's a myth that "looks change, personality doesn't." Looks change far more obviously and frequently, but personality isn't static either. It is quite possible to marry someone whose personality you loved at the outset, but whom you begin to have nothing in common with over the years, and you drift apart.

Both.

This is why I'm single. :mf_rosetinted:

I think it's BS that you should have to choose though, or that caring about looks is "shallow." Caring about any ONE aspect to the exclusion of all else is shallow, but I think it is highly important to be physically attracted to your partner. Especially since people's perceptions of what is "attractive" differ so much--I think each person deserves to be with someone who not only finds them fascinating, but also thinks they are damn sexy.

--Jack

P.S. It's a myth that "looks change, personality doesn't." Looks change far more obviously and frequently, but personality isn't static either. It is quite possible to marry someone whose personality you loved at the outset, but whom you begin to have nothing in common with over the years, and you drift apart.

You're preaching to the choir over here!!!:punk:

Well, the first thing you see are someone's looks and you're attracted to them or not. But in the end, personality is waaaaaay more important. I mean, personally, the most people considered 'handsome' or 'Gorgeous' have no brains at all. Some do ofcourse, but I'm talking about some stereotypes. Do I make sense at all?:blink:

• 5 months later...

Looks get you in the front door.

Personality keeps you in the house.

People who say they're attracted to someone's personality right away are lying. You can't see personality. Therefore, unless you've had a conversation with this person, it's not something you can be attracted to.