MIKA @ Birmingham Carling Academy

-Jennie-

Yo!

Which hostel? The same where me and some others are staying? :biggrin2:

Yup!!!... am going to birmingham tomorrow, but will stay with some friends tomorrow night... but will check in on the 22nd.. and then go to the gig from there... we can have lunch together or something... shall we arrange to meet everyone for lunch or coffee.. or what ever before the gig???

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How very frickin' lovely. :thumbdown:

I am sick. My throat hurts, my nose is running and my tummy ached so much today morning that I couldn't go to school. :thumbdown:

Now I am pouring Theraflu down my throat. :sneaky2:

I still went and bought some stuff for the trip though.:bleh:

DO YOU GET IT? My plane takes off tomorrow! :biggrin2:

Ugh - join the club.

I've been like this for about 3 weeks now...or maybe 4. It just doesn't seem to go away!!!

HOPEFULLY it's getting a bit better now. I juts have a cough now and my voice is a bit croaky :blink: I might not talk at all until Thursday night.

My tickets STILL haven't turned up and I leave London tomorrow night :|

Gonna check the post later on and if they're not there I may need to start panicking.

Ugh - join the club.

I've been like this for about 3 weeks now...or maybe 4. It just doesn't seem to go away!!!

HOPEFULLY it's getting a bit better now. I juts have a cough now and my voice is a bit croaky :blink: I might not talk at all until Thursday night.

Gonna check the post later on and if they're not there I may need to start panicking.

Have you tried calling them?? maybe you have to collect yours there like paula..

Yup!!!... am going to birmingham tomorrow, but will stay with some friends tomorrow night... but will check in on the 22nd.. and then go to the gig from there... we can have lunch together or something... shall we arrange to meet everyone for lunch or coffee.. or what ever before the gig???

Oh, cool!

Well I dunno. I think it would be great, but what time?:blink: Because we're gonna start queueing as early as possible.

Food. I want food. You made me hungry now. :roftl:

Ugh - join the club.

So you too, huh. :thumbdown: It's darn painful to talk. Stupid throat. Oh well. Gotta get better. :blink:

*eats all sorts of tablets and drinks tea*

Have you tried calling them?? maybe you have to collect yours there like paula..

It's worse than that... They were delivered to my dads house (in birmingham) and he posted them to me in London along with my other post (not realising what they were and that I need them by Thursday!!!)

Technically they should arrive today or tomorrow because he sent them 1st class but our post office is rubbish so it might not be until Thursday!!! Which isn't very good since my train leaves here tomorrow evening :thumbdown:

Oh, cool!

Well I dunno. I think it would be great, but what time?:blink: Because we're gonna start queueing as early as possible.

Food. I want food. You made me hungry now. :roftl:

I dunno.. i think.. we should queing by 2.30/3pm.. so may be we can go have a drink or food.. before then...:wink2:

It's worse than that... They were delivered to my dads house (in birmingham) and he posted them to me in London along with my other post (not realising what they were and that I need them by Thursday!!!)

Technically they should arrive today or tomorrow because he sent them 1st class but our post office is rubbish so it might not be until Thursday!!! Which isn't very good since my train leaves here tomorrow evening :thumbdown:

OMG!!! You cannot leave for Birmingham before getting the ticket!!! i hope you get it quick.. there is no postal strike in london today i hope

OMG!!! You cannot leave for Birmingham before getting the ticket!!! i hope you get it quick.. there is no postal strike in london today i hope

Even without a post strike our post is rubbish. even when we get mail it's delivered to reception and they have to spend about a day sorting it into our different flat numbers and posting it in our little post room thing.

We get post at 2pm every day so I'll check in about 30 mins...if not i'll have to check same time tomorrow and hope that it's there!!!

It's cutting it a bit fine though!

Even without a post strike our post is rubbish. even when we get mail it's delivered to reception and they have to spend about a day sorting it into our different flat numbers and posting it in our little post room thing.

We get post at 2pm every day so I'll check in about 30 mins...if not i'll have to check same time tomorrow and hope that it's there!!!

It's cutting it a bit fine though!

hope to read happy news from you in here later then!!:wink2:

So you too, huh. :thumbdown: It's darn painful to talk. Stupid throat. Oh well. Gotta get better. :blink:

*eats all sorts of tablets and drinks tea*

I've got through 3 bottles of cough medicine so far with this damn cough :thumbdown: What time's your flight? Where are you flying to?

It doesn't feel real yet...that the concerts in ...2 days :blink:

Can anyone remember if they let you take drinks inside last time? Like bottles of water? Because my mom has a habit of fainting...like ALL the time! (A bit ironic since she's a nurse...) unless she drinks loads. :sneaky2:

Did they actually take bottles off us or just take the lids off?

I've got through 3 bottles of cough medicine so far with this damn cough :thumbdown: What time's your flight? Where are you flying to?

It doesn't feel real yet...that the concerts in ...2 days :blink:

Can anyone remember if they let you take drinks inside last time? Like bottles of water? Because my mom has a habit of fainting...like ALL the time! (A bit ironic since she's a nurse...) unless she drinks loads. :sneaky2:

Not sure.. my last gig was in HK.. but i read somewhere that they gave out water at the glasgow gig..

Not sure.. my last gig was in HK.. but i read somewhere that they gave out water at the glasgow gig..

It's different at each venue... I'm pretty sure they just make you take the bottle caps off at the Academy.....but I remember that I've been to one gig this year where you weren't allowed to take drinks in at all....I just keep getting them all confused.

It's different at each venue... I'm pretty sure they just make you take the bottle caps off at the Academy.....but I remember that I've been to one gig this year where you weren't allowed to take drinks in at all....I just keep getting them all confused.

Right..i'm off. i'll catch you later.. hope it's good news for you when i come back to later..:thumb_yello:

We're gonna fly tomorrow. TOMORROW!!! :shocked:

And I'm gonna faint tomorrow and the day after tomorrow!:shocked: I am feeling so ****ty right now that I can't even stand up. I am lying on the couch feeling all dizzy and weird.

I hope I won't faint at the concert. I really don't need that. :blink:

Hia jennie,

I think they made me throw bottle away last time - and lollipops ...and glowsicks....and any sense of fun.....and they checked bags just in case we dared sneak any enjoyment into a concert - shock horror!!! They want you to buy as much drink at the bar inside (and outside if you want to jump the queue - we ain't falling for that again are we???????) They did give us water at the front (poor blokes were run off their feet!). I'd buy a ribena or something in a bag (you know the bag style cartons - not a real bag ... obviously! LOL) and hide it in a pocket for emergencies.

See you there

Cathi

Hia jennie,

I think they made me throw bottle away last time - and lollipops ...and glowsicks....and any sense of fun.....and they checked bags just in case we dared sneak any enjoyment into a concert - shock horror!!! They want you to buy as much drink at the bar inside (and outside if you want to jump the queue - we ain't falling for that again are we???????) They did give us water at the front (poor blokes were run off their feet!). I'd buy a ribena or something in a bag (you know the bag style cartons - not a real bag ... obviously! LOL) and hide it in a pocket for emergencies.

See you there

Cathi

I might try and hide a bottle of 2 somewhere... I'm wearing more layers than I did in May :P

They basically emptied the entire contents of my bag in the bin apart form my purse and camera...:thumbdown:

I have my ticket by the way :D Got it today - just in time for when I leave tomorrow!

Hi Jennie.

Cathi's right about the bottles. I had 2 small, unopened plastic bottles of water and they took them off me on the way in!:sneaky2:

I remember they did the same at the Academy in Birmingham earlier this year. Quite big cups of water and we were able to pass them on to the rows behind us. The cups in Glasgow were really small but at least they provided water.

Jennie! Good to hear that your ticket has arrived!!! :thumb_yello:

Hi Jennie.

Cathi's right about the bottles. I had 2 small, unopened plastic bottles of water and they took them off me on the way in!:sneaky2:

Grr.... We'll just have to keep hassling the security every other song then! I couldn't care less about water really but my mom really needs it. I might try and sneak some in anyway.

I remember very nearly passing out at the one in May and having to get some water after Love Today....only to be pulled up on stage as soon as they gave me the drink! I didn't get chance to drink any of it! :sneaky2: I had to wait until it had finished and persuade some security guard in the VIP bit to let me drink out of his flask haha

AWWWW, Jennie, you had me worried there for a while. Thank goodness your ticket arrived today.

I can't believe Paulas ticket has to go to the box office, mine turned up on Friday, while I was in Glasgow, picked it up today along with Cynthias for Friday.

We definitely got water given to us in May, hope we can take photos though, couldn't in Glasgow.

AWWWW, Jennie, you had me worried there for a while. Thank goodness your ticket arrived today.

I can't believe Paulas ticket has to go to the box office, mine turned up on Friday, while I was in Glasgow, picked it up today along with Cynthias for Friday.

We definitely got water given to us in May, hope we can take photos though, couldn't in Glasgow.

Even if they confiscate cameras do you think they'll try and stop us using phones?

I have a brand new 5MP camera phone with DVD quality video recording quality!