MIKA @ Birmingham Carling Academy

-Jennie-

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might try and hide a bottle of 2 somewhere... I'm wearing more layers than I did in May :P

They basically emptied the entire contents of my bag in the bin apart form my purse and camera...

I have my ticket by the way :D Got it today - just in time for when I leave tomorrow!

Excellent!!! I guess i'll see you there then:thumb_yello:

Thanks hun!

I haven't even started packing! :roftl: Gotta do it soon.

Nicole and tanta... happy flying.. see you two soon.. probably just see you at the venue.. i should be there at half two..:wink2:

How can they confiscate cameras? Like take them away and never give back??:shocked:

nah.. don't think they can do that...

Right.. see you all there.. won't have internet access from tomorrow onwards....

:punk: :punk:

does anyone can remember what was the upstairs like, the balcony area- Mum doesnt like the crowds. Is there any bar on the back or just empty space? was it really crowded? cheers:)

There's a bar at the back (or 2 or 3...I can't remember - I've only been at the balcony one) It can get quite crowded at the front of the barrier, looking over the edge but it's no where near as crowded as the downstairs. There are usually only a few rows of people on the balcony so it should be fine.

So what time is evry1 getting to the Academy for the marathon queue session - want to make sure I next to you nice people again - and that there will be other around to guard our spot so we can take turns nipping to maccy d's for toilet/hot drinky/food/dry off (please please please don't rain:mf_rosetinted: ). Hoping to get there around 2.30-3.00

And we need to make sure that there are enough MFCers at the front to trample the push in queuers under foot on the stairs (it's so dark on those stairs we could shove 'em all down there and they'd never prove a thing!!!:naughty:

Where is everyone staying? - RAK1 are you at the same place again this time? Comfort Inn by the station BTW in case anyone is interested - well you could at least try not to glaze over!!!!!LOL

Packing at the moment - train at 9 tomorrow. is there a limit to how much stuff you can dangle off a mobile phone neck strap without it either a) snapping your neck like a twig or b) swing up when youre walking a bit fast and knocking you unconcious? Just wanted to check cos i'm trying to avoid bringing a bag (no checks - sneeky!!). did consider buying a dirt cheap jumper for queueing which could be thrown away before hand - clever or what!!!!! Need to bring my pack-a mac - ok v sad i know but must be prepared for a sudden downpour but don't want anything too big to have to carry inside - umbrella could hook nicely onto my belt...... or phone strap LOL

ok way too many questions i'm confusing myself now - argghhhhh

See you all there - cold, wet, thirsty, hungry, needing a wee - oh it's going to be soooo much fun:roftl:

heyyaa Cathi long time no speak eh :biggrin2:

im major stressing out gonna be in Birmingham tomorow at around 10.30ish am me Rak1 and Tia are staying in the Etap hotel

as for queing up time i hope it isnt gonna rain :boxed:

and probably around the time you arrive we will aswell i cant say yet :bleh:

So what time is evry1 getting to the Academy for the marathon queue session - want to make sure I next to you nice people again - and that there will be other around to guard our spot so we can take turns nipping to maccy d's for toilet/hot drinky/food/dry off (please please please don't rain:mf_rosetinted: ). Hoping to get there around 2.30-3.00

And we need to make sure that there are enough MFCers at the front to trample the push in queuers under foot on the stairs (it's so dark on those stairs we could shove 'em all down there and they'd never prove a thing!!!:naughty:

Where is everyone staying? - RAK1 are you at the same place again this time? Comfort Inn by the station BTW in case anyone is interested - well you could at least try not to glaze over!!!!!LOL

Packing at the moment - train at 9 tomorrow. is there a limit to how much stuff you can dangle off a mobile phone neck strap without it either a) snapping your neck like a twig or b) swing up when youre walking a bit fast and knocking you unconcious? Just wanted to check cos i'm trying to avoid bringing a bag (no checks - sneeky!!). did consider buying a dirt cheap jumper for queueing which could be thrown away before hand - clever or what!!!!! Need to bring my pack-a mac - ok v sad i know but must be prepared for a sudden downpour but don't want anything too big to have to carry inside - umbrella could hook nicely onto my belt...... or phone strap LOL

ok way too many questions i'm confusing myself now - argghhhhh

See you all there - cold, wet, thirsty, hungry, needing a wee - oh it's going to be soooo much fun:roftl:

heyyaa Cathi long time no speak eh :biggrin2:

im major stressing out gonna be in Birmingham tomorow at around 10.30ish am me Rak1 and Tia are staying in the Etap hotel

as for queing up time i hope it isnt gonna rain :boxed:

and probably around the time you arrive we will aswell i cant say yet :bleh:

Hey Cathi, how you doing, looking forward to seeing you again, been too long.

Bexx, you've caught me off guard there, I just pm'd Tia and told her you were gonna be there about midday, same as me. WHOOPS!:roftl:

hellloooo....

so so so xcited!!!

still got loads to do thou, i wish i hadnt spent all afternoon on u-tube now:bleh:

wot time are we starting to Q up?

bexx i still haven checked train times, im so not with it am i!!! i think they are every 20mins or so but im hoping to get one straight thou cos i cant pick up my suitcase its so heavy:biggrin2: did i say.....

IMMMMMMMMMMMMMM XCITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!

Hey Cathi, how you doing, looking forward to seeing you again, been too long.

Bexx, you've caught me off guard there, I just pm'd Tia and told her you were gonna be there about midday, same as me. WHOOPS!:roftl:

hehe im here toooo, but not 4 long cos i have to pop out, midday is better 4 me i think... ill check times and get back to u both. i was going to ask bex if she could make it an hour later

thx 4 the pm rose:biggrin2:

bexx i just read roses directions... can u remember when we arrived in leeds and managed to walk the wrong way:roftl: in the rain!!!!! Lol

awwww happy days!!!!! and i rang hannah and she couldn understand a word i said cos i talk to fast Lol

the directions look so easy but i just know i will get lost, althou i will wear better shoes this time....:naughty:

I'm leaving in a bit to get my train to B'ham!!! :thumb_yello:

I'm not excited yet.... :| It doesn't feel like this time tomorrow we'll still be sitting outside in the cold waiting to go in!! (Ooh just realised it's gonna be dark!!)

I'm not even packed yet and I need to be on the other side of London in an hour and a half!!

They blocked my debit card because of suspicious use over the last week. So I've been on the phone trying to unblock that all afternoon instead of packing! It's only because my loan came through so I could finally spend money!!! :sneaky2:

I'm leaving in a bit to get my train to B'ham!!! :thumb_yello:

I'm not excited yet.... :| It doesn't feel like this time tomorrow we'll still be sitting outside in the cold waiting to go in!! (Ooh just realised it's gonna be dark!!)

I'm not even packed yet and I need to be on the other side of London in an hour and a half!!

They blocked my debit card because of suspicious use over the last week. So I've been on the phone trying to unblock that all afternoon instead of packing! It's only because my loan came through so I could finally spend money!!! :sneaky2:

oh have a good journey hun and see you tomorrow:thumb_yello: funny i didnt think of that we will b Q-in in the dark:blink: we can use our flashing litessssss:)

Hello everyone!!!

I'm getting excited now:biggrin2:

Your post was so funny Cathi -I can't wait to meet you again!

Nicole and tantastic will be queuing early (because they are arriving late tonight), but I have got their tickets and won't be there until about 4pm.

Please will anyone who sees them having a panic reassure that I am coming!

I am bringing Alice, my 7-year old daughter this time. She has begged me to let her come to every gig so far to come and this was my last chance to say yes. I am driving back afterwards because she can't stay in the hostel that I'd booked for Nicole, tantastic and me and I can't really afford a hotel.

We might not be full-time queuers if it's too cold for her. We might have to hang out in McDonalds and sneak in a bit later. I'll just see how it goes.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Sarah

right ok soorryy to those of you who have been trying to pm me i have now freed up some space so pm away :bleh:

i will still aim for 11am to arrive in Birmingham i have no problem waiting around new street station for others to arrive